• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Have Spider-Man downloaded now.

As much as I want to play through it, I'm gonna have to hold off as I want to stream this game.

Do my OBS settings look OK for this game?

Looks cool. And damn it, I can't wait to get this game. At least I'll get it AFTER the NG+ stuff gets added in.

For DLC, it'll be hard to choose between this or Cooler.

Ivander

Smash Legend
"Anime was a mistake" and "waifus are a mistake", two very common things you hear out of context and/or out of spite of something. But when you learn that Tamamo Cat's 3rd Ascension was, in fact, literally a mistake on the artist's part of not knowing it was going to be used as an Ascension....

That aside, here. Have this nightmare since I don't want to be the only one who dreams it.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
You could've chosen anything and you chose the casual's trap to Gaiden hell
Wait, huh? I'm not aware of the issues everybody else sees. I just focus on the gameplay more than anything, and I would have picked The Binding Blade otherwise.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm sick of my family's freaking router. That's the SECOND time today that the internet has gone out for no apparent reason.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait, huh? I'm not aware of the issues everybody else sees. I just focus on the gameplay more than anything, and I would have picked The Binding Blade otherwise.
Echoes is, IIRC, pretty difficult compared to the pretty pacified previous games for a first-timer to get into. Then again, Echoes is one of the few FE I actually never got, so maybe my hearsay is worthess.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Echoes is, IIRC, pretty difficult compared to the pretty pacified previous games for a first-timer to get into. Then again, Echoes is one of the few FE I actually never got, so maybe my hearsay is worthess.
I still need to find a way to start FE, but on a good note, so I guess watching it will work better for me for now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I still need to find a way to start FE, but on a good note, so I guess watching it will work better for me for now.
I started on the original. Not like the original Fire Emblem, but the original Gaiden.
**** had me going like
1538973572063.gif

and then i played FE3 and thought "wow this game is ****ing rad"

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Echoes IS very tough... Until you remember there's a literal rewind option thanks to plot.
It has limited uses per chapter and nothing says you HAVE to use it, but still. It's kinda why they dialed it up, aside from it just being more classic FE than the two games prior.

Also...

Poor Welsh Kitty.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've only played Birthright, Conquest, Echoes, and Heroes, and I honestly found Echoes the easiest of the three, and I did play on Hard Classic.

Everyone goes on about Birthright being easy but Lunatic Classic Birthright was way tougher than Hard Classic Echoes IMO.

I think part of the reason is that the adventure mechanics like town and dungeon exploration give you access to a lot of extra resources and powerful weapons and items, not to mention the forging system. You also have Mila's Turnwheel to patch up mistakes, making mistakes feel less punishing and frustrating.

I was my favourite regardless though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I ended up discovering potential movement tech in Spider-Man while messing around at the start.

But yeah I looooove the controls, and it's one of the most beautiful looking games I've played in recent memory. I can't wait to stream it.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
It feels kind of funny to think that the thing I'm seeing the most from Soul Caliber VI is the character creation. I wouldn't expect something like that to be so popular, but I suppose people have just been that creative. :p
-------------------------------

On a different note, I've now started to play Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All. I'm currently past the first part of the first trial day of the second case at the moment (Reunion, and Turnabout), and so far I'm enjoying it.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about Franziska yet, especially compared to Edgeworth (and Manfred, to a lesser extent), but I have a feeling I'll warm up to her eventually. At the very least, I really like her design. I like Pearl so far, but I haven't seen much of her yet.

Psyche Locks seem like they'll be a really cool mechanic, but I've only used it once so far. I do know that it appears in every game after this where Phoenix is playable, so I should get used to it eventually.

As for the cases, I feel like I enjoyed the original game's first case more than The Lost Turnabout, but I didn't mind it. The current case I'm on is pretty good, but as far as second cases go, I personally prefer Turnabout Sisters, at least so far. I do know that the third case in the game has a reputation as one of the worst cases in the series, though. On the other hand, I hear that the fourth case is often considered one of the best in the series, if not the best, so that's a positive.

I feel kind of bad for Maya so far, considering that proving her innocence is going to be tough, since she was channeling a spirit during the time that the murder happened. And seeing Maya when she was channeling the spirit (with her hair covering her eyes, the blood stains on her outfit, and the text) was kind of terrifying. I think that's partially because, well, it's kind of disturbing to see Maya, of all people, in this state.

That being said, Dr. Grey didn't seem horribly sympathetic, so it's kind of hard to feel sympathy for him.

I definitely feel like Ini Miney is hiding something, even though I've already proved that she was hiding the fact that she knew Grey, but there's almost definitely more to the case than that.

I wonder why there were three psyche locks appearing when Mia (channeled through Maya) was talking about the key that Pearl had. I'm not quite sure what she knows, but I want to find out.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It feels kind of funny to think that the thing I'm seeing the most from Soul Caliber VI is the character creation. I wouldn't expect something like that to be so popular, but I suppose people have just been that creative. :p
That's unsurprising. In Soulcalibur 3, the CaS was regarded as one of the best characters creators during it's time. When Soulcalibur IV came out, lots of people were at first excited about the CaS, but people then saw how very limited and limiting, ESPECIALLY with the fact that parts altered your HP and ATK. Combined with the fact that CaS no longer had their own movesets technically and the weapon choices were stuck to playable characters only and even then, it didn't include guests or Algol, people weren't happy.
Soulcalibur V fixed alot of issues with SCIV's CaS and made it surprisingly versatile in creating characters. Also, while it still mostly kept weapons limited to the player characters, the choice of weapons were expanded upon, like Siegfried's style having a Katana, Mitsurugi's style having European swords, Xiba's style having a couple spears, etc. It also did add in a exclusive weapon for Created characters, being Devil Jin's moveset. Combined with it's surprising amount of depth to customizing, it had the potential to rival Soulcalibur III's CaS.
It wasn't without flaws though.
-The first problem was that while the items weren't as limited as Soulcalibur IV's list, some outfits did restrict customizing alot though, especially the main characters' outfits. Compared to SCIV's 2P outfits which could go with alot of options, there was almost little to no point in using the outfits for original characters.
-It's 2nd problem was that much like Soulcalibur V to VI, much of the items from Soulcalibur IV didn't make it over to V, which saddened alot of people who wanted to use their previous CaS outfits from IV. It also had the issue of not making 2P outfits from the main characters as available options in the base game. For DLC, it did add playable characters outfits eventually, but as mentioned, a majority of them were very limiting that there was next to no point of using them for original characters except for the ones that weren't limiting.
-The 3rd and biggest issue was that there was nothing for people to really use their CaS characters for. Soulcalibur III had Chronicles of the Sword and, while CaS didn't have it's own mode, CaS did have their own Arcade "story" for their characters. In Soulcalibur V, there was no mode for people to really use their original characters. They could use them in Arcade mode, Quickplay mode, online and whatnot alongside the main characters, but there wasn't a mode just for CaS characters alone. Nothing to really "show off" their character.

So really, Soulcalibur VI's CaS is nothing short from Soulcalibur V. While it does solve the 3rd big problem with Libra of Souls, allowing people to use their character for their own mode like Chronicles of the Sword and it does make the main characters' outfits available for the created characters, it still suffers the 2nd problem of removing alot of stuff from the previous game to the next game. 257 items from Soulcalibur V are not back in Soulcalibur VI and it seems like there is alot less stuff compared to the previous games.
It does add "races" to the game, which are basically permanent "cosmetics" added to the characters, like the Skeleton was a "body part" in Soulcalibur V, but now is a race to allow for some easier customizing, I assume. The Good Lost Soul race adds the Angel Wings back part from the previous game to the character. In short terms, some of the races are just modified human characters that add a permanent part from the previous game to the character.

Anyway, Soulcalibur VI's Create a character issue seems to be that there aren't alot of parts to use. As mentioned, 257 items from V did not return. Also, once again, there's no unique weapon for CaS, although it does make all playable characters' movesets, including the guest's moveset, available for original characters. So basically, while Soulcalibur VI fixed some issues with the CaS, most notably the mode for CaS characters, Soulcalibur VI's CaS still leaves parts to be desired. In terms of available items, Soulcalibur III remains the king in it's choices of parts. In terms of customization options though, Soulcalibur V and VI compete with III.

That being said, I would not be surprised if the reason for no unique moveset for CaS is due to the fact that created characters are frowned upon in the competitive scene in general, due to factors like changable height which in turn can give a character more range/damage/etc. Like, despite the fact that in Soulcalibur V, there is a "default" height for characters for the weapon styles, including for Devil Jin, because there is no default Devil Jin character for people to choose, Devil Jin is not used in tournaments.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Hot Take Masuda is at it again.
“I think the biggest reason that rivals were more of a jerk in the early days is that we were just limited in what we could express with the pixel graphics. There’s not much that you can do with that kind of little sprite on the screen, so we worked harder to characterize them through dialogue and give them certain personalities.

Also, because it’s just dialogue and there’s not a whole lot going on on the screen, it doesn’t give as harsh of an impression even if they’re jerks, I think. Now we have HD graphics and the visuals are much more impressive. If you also made him a jerk, the impression would be a lot stronger on players. Another thing, just my own personal take, is that it feels that people with those kinds of personalities these days are just not as accepted by players as they were back then.
Needless to say, this is pretty absurd. Especially where we live in an age where a character like Vegeta, THE rival jerk character, pretty much popularized the entire archetype that is still being heavily used today whether it's on games, books, comics, anime, etc etc. Hell, you could even say Blue or Silver took traits from him.

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-dev-explains-why-your-rivals-arent-jerks-a/1100-6462397/

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Needless to say, this is pretty absurd. Especially where we live in an age where a character like Vegeta, THE rival jerk character, pretty much popularized the entire archetype that is still being heavily used today whether it's on games, books, comics, anime, etc etc. Hell, you could even say Blue or Silver took traits from him.

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-dev-explains-why-your-rivals-arent-jerks-a/1100-6462397/
Masuda: "Im out of touch?... no, the players are wrong with what they want!""

Server_borked_so_I_cant_upload_actual_skinner_meme.jpg

This dude is becoming a PG Era Vince McMahon

Chrono.

Masuda: "Im out of touch?... no, the players are wrong with what they want!""

Server_borked_so_I_cant_upload_actual_skinner_meme.jpg

This dude is becoming a PG Era Vince McMahon
And just like WWE/McMahon, nothing ain't gonna change cause Pokemon is still very much untouchable until Masuda steps down or something.

Pokemon NXT when.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just to ask, was this about, "Help yourself."? I mean....you do know that it's another way of saying, "Go ahead.", especially in regards to food. I mean, there is the saying, "There's plenty of food. Help yourselves."
Can I use the excuse that I never heard this line before? In English atleast?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

1474087029395.gif

"Don't take it personally, Dante... my technology hasn't advanced to the point I don't become a **** anymore."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom