• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hate to disappoint, but the manga executed things in the same exact way, right down to the sparse dialogue and third-person exposition. I give it kudos for adhering to that format in the anime for adaptation purposes, but I can totally see why a lot of people have a wibbly-wobbly opinion of it. The pacing absolutely drags and kinda kills the momentum of the story; it's one of the most glacial rising climaxes I've seen in anything (longer suffering if you followed the manga solely before this. Chapters were released sporadically and months apart in this format, a trend that continues even today).

That said, I'm a big fan of how windy Togashi gets, mainly because when he's not going off on big *** Tolkien-like rants his worldbuilding and characterization are extremely good.

Smooth Criminal
Oh...
Well, I retract my statement then.
:p

Can’t even imagine what that would be like in the manga considering I heard it goes on hiatus every 2 minutes.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'd like to mention however, that while I haven't fully played neither VC or VC4, anyone who plans on playing both should start with the original. As is common with alternate perspective stories, VC4 likely assumes you played the first game alreadg so any plot points or twists that happen in the original might be treated really casually in 4.
Not saying that you are wrong because I haven't play Valkyria Chronicles on my end as well and I am only at chapter 3 of Valkyria Chronicles 4. From the breif plots I have seen on Valkyria Chronicles Wikipedia page I can safely say that there is no problem with going either of these two games due to the fact that Valkyria Chronicles 4 is basically going back to the same gameplay as the first but with new stories and characters. As for VC2 and VC3 is a whole other thing to discuss, but for gameplay I can say the same too.

Here's a Region Locked video of Valkyria Chronicles 3, I really want this to be remastered, and it better be on Switch.
Both are on the Switch anyways thankfully, though I don't know if they have physical releases.
Though with how much I'm enjoying the original, I'll be sure to buy VC4 when I finish it. Let's just say playing on a laptop isn't the most optimal way to go about it(and it's a miracl my computer even runs it lol)
Nope, Valkyria Chronicles currently has no physical release yet on Switch, but buying it digitally isn't a bad thing since it's only around 7GB.

If you have a Switch, go and download VC4 Demo right now, the demo is so good that it basically gives you the full gameplay experience and let's you progress up to chapter 2. You can even grind in the demo on the story and skirmish maps before getting the game, that's what I did and I currently have no problem when playing story and skirmishes when I finally got the full game.

I also tried the Bonus Mission after you complete the demo, didn't get anything good though... the mission was moderate difficult due to the Grenadiers...

And no offense but man I guess your laptop is a potato like mine? The game requires at least 2GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForece GTS 240, I bet the game will only poorer than on my Switch... then again I can see why you get VC1 on Steam since it's 10 dollars cheaper than the Switch version for now.

As for VC4 though, yeah it has more higher spec requirements... I wouldn't bother to buy this game on Steam, Switch version is enough for me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not saying that you are wrong because I haven't play Valkyria Chronicles on my end as well and I am only at chapter 3 of Valkyria Chronicles 4. From the breif plots I have seen on Valkyria Chronicles Wikipedia page I can safely say that there is no problem with going either of these two games due to the fact that Valkyria Chronicles 4 is basically going back to the same gameplay as the first but with new stories and characters. As for VC2 and VC3 is a whole other thing to discuss, but for gameplay I can say the same too.
It's the same war and setting, just from a different perspective so the end result of it will still be the same. It'd be like trying to play any of the Fate routes outside the Fate->UBW->HF order
And no offense but man I guess your laptop is a potato like mine? The game requires at least 2GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForece GTS 240, I bet the game will only poorer than on my Switch... then again I can see why you get VC1 on Steam since it's 10 dollars cheaper than the Switch version for now.
Uhm, yeah... Steam... Completely legally...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's the same war and setting, just from a different perspective so the end result of it will still be the same. It'd be like trying to play any
Not really, that is hard to say for both you and I.
Uhm, yeah... Steam... Completely legally...
That's the only way platform can get the game on PC right? Not sure where you you going with this lol.
If lucky I might get Valkyria Chronicles next week on eshop.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since Smash Ultimate is drawing closer, I figured I'd "Smashify" my profile again.

I'll buy premium some other time to give me that Rosalina background.

And I'll probably wait until I start YouTube proper to put in contact details.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I need someone to hold me. Im freezing my *** off in my room and I need my *** to sit
Is it really cold in Florida?

I mean my perspective living in Ontario is a lot different from someone living in Florida. I have more tolerance to cold weather and i'd imagine you guys are more tolerant to hot weather which I can't stand.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I mean my perspective living in Ontario is a lot different from someone living in Florida. I have more tolerance to cold weather and i'd imagine you guys are more tolerant to hot weather which I can't stand.
Yeah **** hot weather

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

oh Im in Virginia lol Its pretty cold here. Was 41 this morning. My dad was visiting fam in florida and as always, its hot there. Its like 80s in Florida rn

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
oh Im in Virginia lol Its pretty cold here. Was 41 this morning My dad was visiting fam in florida and as always, its hot there
That's like 5 degrees Celsius which is peanuts for a Canadian lol. I mean for me I can get by with just a Fall Jacket and maybe a sweater underneath.

But yeah everyone's perspective is different and people are resilient/less resilient to certain weather. This is how I act when the weather is really hot because it's like my weak point lol. Hope you keep warm my friend.
Yeah **** hot weather
I have an intense loathing for hot weather. Especially after this Summer season. Don't know how anyone can find burning under the hot sun to be appealing.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's so cold, so rainy here.

Perfect for a six hour Xenoblade session. :demon:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That's like 5 degrees Celsius which is peanuts for a Canadian lol. I mean for me I can get by with just a Fall Jacket and maybe a sweater underneath.

But yeah everyone's perspective is different and people are resilient/less resilient to certain weather. This is how I act when the weather is really hot because it's like my weak point lol. Hope you keep warm my friend
Well canada is canada so of course they are used to cold weather. If I lived in a place that was perminatly winter like, say, Alaska, id probably be used to the cold

Im probably just a ***** with my low tolerance for the cold

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Luigi's Mansion 3DS seems to already be running well in Citra. At least from what this video shows.

I believe Luigi's Mansion 2 still doesn't though. This is probably because Grezzo developed the Luigi's Mansion remake and they also made the N64 Zelda remakes, so a lot of the same rendering techniques and file formats are probably used, while Luigi's Mansion 2 is more unique in that regard.

Chrono.

It's not gen 1 without some hax.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well canada is canada so of course they are used to cold weather. If I lived in a place that was perminatly winter like, say, Alaska, id probably be used to the cold

Im probably just a ***** with my low tolerance for the cold
Yeah we're like opposites with our tolerance for weather lol.
Greenland isn't a country. It's within the Kingdom of Denmark. ;)
I dun goof lol.

But yeah basically countries that aren't burning hot. I can't imagine living in places like those.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It's not gen 1 without some hax.
Under the normal system Charizard would need to have Base 110 HP (with 252 EVs and 31 IVs) to reach that number.

Im ready for a ****ing 999 HP Chansey.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Daredevil Season 3...as expected it’s way too good for no reason

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That's exactly why don't waste money on this (or any type of gambling)

You'll just end up with worthless expensive paper.
I guess for people it's a way to get their hopes up that they'll be able to escape their boring 9-5 jobs.

I mean I feel for them if that's the case but wasting money on that **** isn't gonna do you much good.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's exactly why don't waste money on this (or any type of gambling)

You'll just end up with worthless expensive paper.
I'll have you know that the FE Heroes waifus I gamble for are of the digital variety. It's environmentally friendly gambling. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom