• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Here's a topic for ya'll: if you could erase one enetire show or series from your memory to watch it for the "first" time again, which one would you choose?
Probably the OG Teen Titans series.

It’s my favorite animated show of all-time, seeing that with fresh eyes would be an absolute treat.
I'm not that far, but looking at the ratio of the amount of chapters for the chimera ant arc compared to the amount of episodes there are of the chimera ant arc. It definitely seems to be get way more time than the rest of the arcs in the anime.

It's kind of like how in the begging of the green island arc I had a problem with the huge amount of exposition regarding the cards and stuff. Can't imagine it'd be that big of a hassle in the manga where it's easier to skim over stuff. Two different mediums after all.
Yeah, the Greed Island arc dragged quite a bit as well.

Without spoiling much, the Chimera Ant arc is pretty good. It has an interesting premise and gets pretty brutal at points (I’m sure you’ve seen how brutal the show can get, it goes even further). Though somewhere along the 3/4th’s mark the narrator pretty much becomes the main character.

Normally prefer watching anime to reading manga myself, but watching Hunter X Hunter, I’m starting to see what advantages and disadvantages each medium has.

Chrono.

I beat TWEWY.

Or more like, I saw the credits.

I got way more questions than answers which I'm guessing the Special Reports I gotta collect will answer to some extent. Time for New Game Plus.

I gotta do extra scenarios too.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I beat TWEWY.

Or more like, I saw the credits.

I got way more questions than answers which I'm guessing the Special Reports I gotta collect will answer to some extent. Time for New Game Plus.

I gotta do extra scenarios too.
I guess you could say...

The game ends with you.

D

Deleted member

To answer my own question, I'd choose Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I feel like I didn't appreciate the series well enough(part of me rushing through some arcs and part to not being able to watch it with a smooth internet connection) when I first watched it but goddamnit, it's really one of the best anime out there and having the chance to experience that train again would be a blast

Avatar would definitely be a good pick. I wasn't exactly able to watch it fully in chronological order as I was dependent on TV airings so getting the full experience™ would be really fun
Funny thing is though, I actually did watch every episode of avatar in chronological order. With Mom and my siblings back in the day.

That kinda goes adainst the question though :v
Don't make that face

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
>visible boobs

I'll keep it in mind if I ever feel like getting infraction points :V

Finally watched the last part for Chuggaa's Earthbound Let's Play. Man, it's now my favorite Let's Play of his ever!
There's still gonna be a bonus episode left, so it ain't over yet.

Didn’t he already do that game like 5 years ago?
10 years ago, actually. It was his very first LP and it was a deliberate choice to celebrate the anniversary of his channel.

Though there's a bunch of info he didn't share back then, either because he didn't know at the time or because it was discovered after that LP, so it's not just a copy-paste of an old LP with updated equipment and equally lame puns. :p

I think that the speculation really only worked when we had to go months without an episode. Now you can jusr click "next episode" and looking for clues online would just get one spoiled.
Dammit, now I have to think of a different answer >:V

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Here's a topic for ya'll: if you could erase one enetire show or series from your memory to watch it for the "first" time again, which one would you choose?
I think I'm going to go with Code Geass for this one. I vaguely remember watching it around 2009-2010ish and really liked it alot. Maybe I might decide to actually go re watch it in the future, since I miss everything about it. Also has one of the most fascinating MC and story I've ever encountered imo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anime: Tough one, but I'll go with Yona of the Dawn. It's seriously a feels trip, and I'm difficult to get to like that. Even knowing everything that happens, it makes me an absolute sap.

Movie: Disney's Hercules. It's one of my favourite movies that I grew up obsessed with and I still really like it. But I'd be interested to see the effect it might have on me as a first time viewer now that I'm older. I reckon I'd still really like it.

Video Game: Kingdom Hearts. For similar reasons as Hercules.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I had a wonderful time watching Gravity Falls from it's start to it's finish, as well as theorizing about it, analyzing it, heck, even just discussing it with friends and other fellow fans. The show is a unique and special experience. Even without the speculation periods, I might be willing to forget it and truly relieve much of the magic it gave me with almost every single episode blindly, if it were possible.

On the other hand, I sort of grew up watching the show. Well, grew up watching it in my teenage years, anyway. I was 14 when it began and 18 when it ended. I'd still love it, but I'm not sure it would feel or be the same to me if I was just a late newcomer by this point who had the ability to simply binge-watch the entirety of it. Sure, I'd be missing out on the speculation periods as well, but what especially matters to me is that I sort of grew up with the show, I was there for the entire experience as I grew closer into adulthood and matured more along the way. I don't know if I'd feel the same way about many other shows that I watch nowadays as I do with this one. Gravity Falls isn't just my favorite show, it's also very special to me, it's something I hold dearly.

Considering that, I might actually go with Steven Universe or Ducktales, here. Both are shows I started watching in more recent years (Ducktales especially since it began just last year lol) and I think I'd still enjoy everything they have to offer just as much I did when I did first watch them.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I'd probably say Avatar: The Last Airbender, mainly because it's my favorite TV show of all time. Really, I wish I could watch the series again in general, since it's not on Netflix (at least where I live) and I only own some of the series on DVD.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Welp.

Finally gave myself a Halloween avatar.

What do ya think.... Strangah?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If it wasn't an entire show or series that I'd have to forget, then I actually would've said Season 5 of Samurai Jack.

People can say what they will about the finale but I thought it was a fantastic comeback for the show that was largely beautifully handled. Having watched the earlier seasons when was I seriously young, the experience, once again, just wouldn't be the same to me if I had never watched it back then. Of course I'd still enjoy it, but part of what made the final season so great to me was the anticipation for what was to come after Jack was absent for so many years. The show actually did mature with it's original audience, given the years that had passed, and it's transition into a more serialized show that explored more serious, mature and darker themes (even though Aku is as much of a comedy goldmine as ever).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You are indeed a light blade, because ****, I was going to post that.

But yeah, thank you Monolith for fixing those glitches after release, especially the delay on Chain Attacks, god, this one sucked.

Also, hi there, it's morning here, how ya going?
Pretty good. Im transferring a bunch of Switch screenshots to my computer as I somehow managed to fill the SD card lol.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
With the new BHB in Fire Emblem Heroes out now, a new banner came up associated with it. I went for red to see if I could get Mage Eirika, but I got this for my free summon instead:

My first Sword Reinhardt!

He even got his single best nature: +Atk -Spd! Now THAT'S awesome!

I'll need to figure out a good build for him. I now he works well as both an enemy phase and a player phase unit depending on the skills you give him. If I had DC fodder, I could go for the enemy phase build right away, but I don't have said fodder. I'll probably go for the player phase build for now since I have the more available skills for it.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Pretty good. Im transferring a bunch of Switch screenshots to my computer as I somehow managed to fill the SD card lol.
Perhaps you should stop taking screenshots of Mythra.
I don't know why but this gave me an idea for a JoJo ****post (I swear this series has consumed me lol)
Mythrameme.png

I wanted to change Dio to Mythra but my editing skills are garbage lol, if anyone wants to improve it feel free to paint masterrace btw

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
With the new BHB in Fire Emblem Heroes out now, a new banner came up associated with it. I went for red to see if I could get Mage Eirika, but I got this for my free summon instead:

My first Sword Reinhardt!

He even got his single best nature: +Atk -Spd! Now THAT'S awesome!

I'll need to figure out a good build for him. I now he works well as both an enemy phase and a player phase unit depending on the skills you give him. If I had DC fodder, I could go for the enemy phase build right away, but I don't have said fodder. I'll probably go for the player phase build for now since I have the more available skills for it.
out of all of gaming’s Reinhardts, this is by far a distant second at best.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
>visible boobs

I'll keep it in mind if I ever feel like getting infraction points :V

There's still gonna be a bonus episode left, so it ain't over yet.

10 years ago, actually. It was his very first LP and it was a deliberate choice to celebrate the anniversary of his channel.

Though there's a bunch of info he didn't share back then, either because he didn't know at the time or because it was discovered after that LP, so it's not just a copy-paste of an old LP with updated equipment and equally lame puns. :p

Dammit, now I have to think of a different answer >:V
It’s not visible boobs, it’s just mad cleavage.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
in an effort to drain ym bad luck in dragalia i pulled in fate grand order and as if to spite me jalter shows up

(this makes three 5* units ive pulled in grand order in 1 year and in total with two being this month)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hunter X Hunter is pretty good, though at times the pacing is a drag, particularly with the narrator.

I’m nearing the end of the Chimera Ant arc, and that narrator has taken up like 90% of the last few episodes’ dialogue.

Though this seems like a problem specifically for the anime, can’t imagine the manga having this same issue.
The 1998-2002 anime/OVA ends at the end of Greed Island, probably because it was catching up to the manga.
And yeah... gotta admit though, Chimera Ant arc was probably the darkest arc... there's literally way less funny moments in this arc.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress... the anime's first 7 episodes were pretty good, but ruined by its actual antagonist...

Since we have users here playing Valkyria Chronicles and Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Including me...), here are some things to mention:
I don't remember much how I get to know Valkyria series... maybe it was me checking out what "spiritual successor" means and Valkyria Chronicles/ Sakura Wars was one of the examples on Wikipedia around 3 years ago. And then I checked it and I really really like it's military and anime style, but I first thought its battle system was too complex. Not to mention the series was on Playstation platforms and thus the interest of getting the game never grew on me. It wasn't until Valkyria Chronicles 4 was announced for Switch when it got my attention once again. Who ever though Valkyria games will be on Nintendo console eventually? Hopefully VC2 and VC3 gets a remaster release on Switch too in the future.

As how some will ask again like how with XC2, do you need to play the first game (VC1) before playing VC4 and vice versa?
Unlike XC2, both game has the same world setting and timeline but Valkyria Chronicles focuses on the Gallian army while Valkyria Chronicles 4 focuses on the Atlantic Federation army, but still the main characters are from Gallia.

Next, are there any difference when it comes to the gameplay? Almost no major difference, it has the same style, same class (sort of, VC4 has Grenadiers)

Both use the same CANVAS engine so the artstyle is the same too.

So if I have to be real here, you can Valkyria Chronicles is literally the "Story expansion" DLC for Valkyria Chronicles 4 similar to XC2 and XC2 Torna DLC, but better. It's only $29.99 on eshop and you can get it cheaper if you bought VC4 on eshop first. I bought the physical version though so no discount unfortunately.

Next the important for some, which platform should you get when it comes to VC4 and VC1 to get the most out of?
I can only say... all are good ports and it depends on your own preference. In my own opinion though, and yes call me Nintendo Switch Obsessed whatever you like but Valkyria Chronicles has the best worth on this platform. Because while PS4 has that better graphic and framerate, comparing it to Switch shows nearly no significant difference according to this video:

Framerate isn't really the issue for this kind of game too. Also this is pretty impressive when you know that Valkyria Chronicles file size on Switch is three times smaller than PS4.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The 1998-2002 anime/OVA ends at the end of Greed Island, probably because it was catching up to the manga.
And yeah... gotta admit though, Chimera Ant arc was probably the darkest arc... there's literally way less funny moments in this arc.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress... the anime's first 7 episodes were pretty good, but ruined by its actual antagonist...

Since we have users here playing Valkyria Chronicles and Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Including me...), here are some things to mention:
I don't remember much how I get to know Valkyria series... maybe it was me checking out what "spiritual successor" means and Valkyria Chronicles/ Sakura Wars was one of the examples on Wikipedia around 3 years ago. And then I checked it and I really really like it's military and anime style, but I first thought its battle system was too complex. Not to mention the series was on Playstation platforms and thus the interest of getting the game never grew on me. It wasn't until Valkyria Chronicles 4 was announced for Switch when it got my attention once again. Who ever though Valkyria games will be on Nintendo console eventually? Hopefully VC2 and VC3 gets a remaster release on Switch too in the future.

As how some will ask again like how with XC2, do you need to play the first game (VC1) before playing VC4 and vice versa?
Unlike XC2, both game has the same world setting and timeline but Valkyria Chronicles focuses on the Gallian army while Valkyria Chronicles 4 focuses on the Atlantic Federation army, but still the main characters are from Gallia.

Next, are there any difference when it comes to the gameplay? Almost no major difference, it has the same style, same class (sort of, VC4 has Grenadiers)

Both use the same CANVAS engine so the artstyle is the same too.

So if I have to be real here, you can Valkyria Chronicles is literally the "Story expansion" DLC for Valkyria Chronicles 4 similar to XC2 and XC2 Torna DLC, but better. It's only $29.99 on eshop and you can get it cheaper if you bought VC4 on eshop first. I bought the physical version though so no discount unfortunately.

Next the important for some, which platform should you get when it comes to VC4 and VC1 to get the most out of?
I can only say... all are good ports and it depends on your own preference. In my own opinion though, and yes call me Nintendo Switch Obsessed whatever you like but Valkyria Chronicles has the best worth on this platform. Because while PS4 has that better graphic and framerate, comparing it to Switch shows nearly no significant difference according to this video:

And framerate isn't really the issue for this kind of game too.
I'd like to mention however, that while I haven't fully played neither VC or VC4, anyone who plans on playing both should start with the original. As is common with alternate perspective stories, VC4 likely assumes you played the first game alreadg so any plot points or twists that happen in the original might be treated really casually in 4.

Both are on the Switch anyways thankfully, though I don't know if they have physical releases.
Though with how much I'm enjoying the original, I'll be sure to buy VC4 when I finish it. Let's just say playing on a laptop isn't the most optimal way to go about it(and it's a miracl my computer even runs it lol)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd probably say Avatar: The Last Airbender, mainly because it's my favorite TV show of all time. Really, I wish I could watch the series again in general, since it's not on Netflix (at least where I live) and I only own some of the series on DVD.
Well you’ll be able to watch it live when the Netflix adaptation of TLA is made...a win win

D

Deleted member

Just checked it. Finally us Brazilians have something on Netflix others don't.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pence (T H E G O D) is the only KH character with a new outfit in KH3 that isn't wearing plaid.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Though this seems like a problem specifically for the anime, can’t imagine the manga having this same issue.
Hate to disappoint, but the manga executed things in the same exact way, right down to the sparse dialogue and third-person exposition. I give it kudos for adhering to that format in the anime for adaptation purposes, but I can totally see why a lot of people have a wibbly-wobbly opinion of it. The pacing absolutely drags and kinda kills the momentum of the story; it's one of the most glacial rising climaxes I've seen in anything (longer suffering if you followed the manga solely before this. Chapters were released sporadically and months apart in this format, a trend that continues even today).

That said, I'm a big fan of how windy Togashi gets, mainly because when he's not going off on big ass Tolkien-like rants his worldbuilding and characterization are extremely good.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom