• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
EdelgardGang is legit vanishing in /feg/ too
Looks like they prefer Male Byleth.
Oh my god there's finally another FE candidate who seems halfway interesting and new and they go for Borington McSnorington.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I think it's less people wanting Byleth and more of them being sick of leaks and datamines.

(While also participating in said discussions)

Chrono.

Edelgard would prolly get a counter too.

Dread it.

Run from it.

Raw counters on online still arrive.

D

Deleted member

Oh my god there's finally another FE candidate who seems halfway interesting and new and they go for Borington McSnorington.
Edelgard is halfway interesting as of now? The more you know.

Within smash, I don’t think that using an axe is inherently more interesting than using a sword. If Ike has an axe instead of a sword for instance his move set would be exactly the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend

Within smash, I don’t think that using an axe is inherently more interesting than using a sword. If Ike has an axe instead of a sword for instance his move set would be exactly the same.
Umm, is Urvan really capable of Eruption? Or the Fire effects in general?

Like, to some extent I agree that Ike with Urvan could run most of the same moveset. But I doubt Urvan is capable of using Eruption.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Actually considering how know Edelgard had to train in axes and we have an idea of how Three Houses works, she doesn't even use axes as default
I have to imagine whichever one she's most associated with in promotion would be her (primary) weapon in Smash. The signature weapon isn't always the default/first obtained.

D

Deleted member

I’m talking hypothetically, like, more so as if Rangel was an axe in the first place. I used Ike as an example because of the way he uses his sword, I didn’t even have Urvan on my mind.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Dread it.

Run from it.

Considering King "limitless moveset potential" K.Rool had to copy from Palutena's down special, I wouldn't be surprised.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I’m talking hypothetically, like, more so as if Rangel was an axe in the first place.
Maybe I guess. Although I think most people would disagree if Ike's B was changed from Eruption to him just chucking Urvan at foes.

I mean, all it can take is one change to make something look cooler or more interesting. *looks at Dark Samus idle movements, dodges and whatnot*

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Like, to some extent I agree that Ike with Urvan could run most of the same moveset. But I doubt Urvan is capable of using Eruption.
Goddammit, not even the RAGNELL is capable of fire effects.

In-game, Ike isn't a fire bender, he just shoots SWORD-BEAMS occassionally. The only time he ever got teh bloo ph1r3 is when someone else buffed him with it with their own magic.

Plus, eruption is just a fire explosion centered at the ground. Him stabbing an axe into the ground would still do the exact same thing, If he stabbed someone with his weapon, it'd be a different story, but... he doesn't, so as far as I can tell, Urvan Ike would be functionally identical, (just as in RD, whoda thunk)

In summary, give me Brave Ike.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just got back from watching HtTYD 1 and 2!
My reactions are here.
@Noipoi @KingofPhantoms
I just finished watching the first How to Train your Dragon!
One of my favorite movies I have ever seen.
Almost every movie I see has pointable flaws.
This one has no glaring flaws.
Toothless is best dragon in all of fiction.

Allright, time to watch How to Train your Dragon 2!
@Noipoi @KingofPhantoms @Tyrant Tenebris
I finished HtTYD 2!
Just as good as the original.
Soundtrack is epic.
I had a feeling we were going to learn more about Hiccup's mom, but Hiccup's mom turned out to be a good character.
They killed off the father? That was a pretty sad death, because I liked him. :(
Toothless can beat Thanos in an Alpha duel, I tell ya.
Hiccup is now the chief, nice. Let's see what Berk looks like in HtTYD 3!
I would love to live in a town where dragons and humans correspond.
Toothless is the best dragon in all of fiction.
Toothless is the best dragon in all of fiction.
You know, I miss movies like this.
Ones that do not try to be so hip, modern and squeezing in annoying memes that eight year olds cherish. So many modern movies do this, it is kind of annoying.
I mean Marvel also has that modern thing, but they actually pull it off well.

Edit: The time for HtTYD 3 is approaching fast... I am so excited!
I kept reading the Frankendoodle Episode Transcript and now I had to explain to my mom why I suddenly laughed my *** off.
View attachment 193715
This looks like something from fanfiction.net.
I am actually dying of laughter, someone help me. ALSO WHY IS SPONGEBOB PERFORMING SWEET VICTORY IN THE BACKGROUND? THAT MAKES IT EVEN MORE FUNNIER! I CAN'T.

EDIT: I AM CRYINGGGGGGG!

EDIT: I AM STILL LAUGHING, AND I THINK I NEED TO BREATHE.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

As far as Smash goes, Edelgard's axe would function a lot closer to a hammer than a longsword...

They would both presumably hit hard, but the hitboxes wouldn't resemble each other.

Axe girl, except she uses Marth's moveset and has a counter that's maybe Witch Time-esque, coming right up.
Yes, this is exactly how she was pictured by everyone pre-Direct.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually considering how know Edelgard had to train in axes and we have an idea of how Three Houses works, she doesn't even use axes as default
The option showed up for sword training as well.

The trailer absolutely stresses her as an axe user, especially since they show her off passing the Brigand exam, for which you need an Axe rank of C to pass. Considering that seems really early in the game to have a C-rank in axes, it's easy to assume it's her main weapon.

That and it makes sense that the quartet of Byleth-Edelgard-Dimitri-Claude would be Sword-Axe-Lance-Bow, both for completing all four major physical weapons, and for each to have a separate color when they inevitably get added to Heroes...which may seem cynical, but come on.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Finally made the bloody scan work using a 3rd party software
The thing is that the software watermarks the image unless I pay for it.

*Uses snipping tool on the unaltered preview to assemble the image with screencaps*

High IQ plays

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .Wow, after panic-researching Fireblight Ganon due to my issues with Waterblight it ended up just straight up going out like a wuss.

And I'm wheezing at the revelation in Daruk's cutscene.

Now all that's left out of the four is Urbosa's segment. . .and the intense regret at the end of it, haaaaah. . .

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ah yes, all my mains.

[muffled forced laughter transitions into actual sobbing]
Hey, Mythra leggings were legit an upgrade.

Too bad she's not playable... RIP
Look at all this sadness

Dread it.

Run from it.

Robin is still there to not counter atleast, and Female Corrin thrusts hard while wanting to “do this”...so yay

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The option showed up for sword training as well.

The trailer absolutely stresses her as an axe user, especially since they show her off passing the Brigand exam, for which you need an Axe rank of C to pass. Considering that seems really early in the game to have a C-rank in axes, it's easy to assume it's her main weapon.

That and it makes sense that the quartet of Byleth-Edelgard-Dimitri-Claude would be Sword-Axe-Lance-Bow, both for completing all four major physical weapons, and for each to have a separate color when they inevitably get added to Heroes...which may seem cynical, but come on.
ok I better not post at 7AM anymore
. . .Wow, after panic-researching Fireblight Ganon due to my issues with Waterblight it ended up just straight up going out like a wuss.

Now all that's left out of the four is Urbosa's segment. . .and the intense regret at the end of it, haaaaah. . .
You mean you have Urbosa's left? Hoo boy, you poor child

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster

I remember I end up doing Urbosa first because I wanted to jump straight to Gerudo Town, but when it came to that ThunderBlight Ganon while still being fresh on the game, hooooo boy.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

The pain continues

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Truuuust me, I hate Thunderblight enough normally, with limited equipment I'm going to be following the best video guide I can find to the letter.

TO THE LETTER.

Also wait holdup I'm pretty sure Kass just lowkey admitted to getting into Gerudo Town the same way Link did and now I'm trying to process the mental image of a particularly bara bird person wearing that getup.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Truuuust me, I hate Thunderblight enough normally, with limited equipment I'm going to be following the best video guide I can find to the letter.

TO THE LETTER.

Also wait holdup I'm pretty sure Kass just lowkey admitted to getting into Gerudo Town the same way Link did and now I'm trying to process the mental image of a particularly bara bird person wearing that getup.
Guards: "Sorry bird, only women allowed."
Kass: "I am a woman."
Guards: "****, it's another Goron type situation"

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster

TO THE LETTER.

Of course, you do see a Goron in town, I still wonder about that..

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Almost tripped and fell three times on the ice that's coating the sidewalk this morning. How wonderful lol
Could be worse, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom