• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Remember when Smashboards got hacked by Nigerians.

They should've nuked it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dislike soda, hot dogs and bacon.
For an American, I do not act American.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I dislike soda, hot dogs and bacon.
For an American, I do not act American.
We get it, you're special. I don't like Soda as much as I used to, but Iced Tea/Koo-Aid is where it's at.

I feel weird using Marie Rose.

Like, "i might end up on a watchlist" weird.
The true man's path is the legend Hayabusa.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Another, smaller aside tangent, but. . .

I feel like companion dogs being fully implemented into a Breath of the Wild sequel instead of just as a specific Amiibo summon has an above 50% chance of happening considering literally all the code for a functional dog companion is there, food interest and taming mechanics are there, Zelda fawns over a stray dog in one of the Champion's Ballad cutscenes. . .hell it was probably something that they wanted to do and ended up being dropped midway through for whatever reason considering how much of the work towards it is basically done.

Meanwhile on the player side attempting to tame wolves is literally the most common thing I see people trying to do that isn't mechanically possible and not being able to pet dogs is like the biggest complaint people have that doesn't come with a heaping load of salt towards the game hitched to it.

That said, I somehow feel compelled to push for it just that little bit further.

The Legend of Doggo Pleas Pet Doggo.png

I'm imagining a handful of collars along the lines of horse armor, complete with a Royal Collar for Zelda's personal royal white doggo since she seems to utterly love dogs and she already has a color coded pure white horse.

Also extra aside people complain about lack of traditional Zelda enemies but wolves in Breath of the Wild are literally Wolfos in all but name and some expanded AI behaviors (attempting to flank you instead of meeting you head on and the rest of a pack scattering when one is killed). But far less people are going to take killing for meat or -you know, taming like say maybe that was canned or something seriously nearly everything is in place for it- a wolf seriously with a silly fantasy name attached.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Celica Banner
>Time to pull best car
>I surround my phone with Toyota diecasts
>I play Highway Star and Viper King at the same time
>One red orb
>Smoke comes out
>A ****ing Leif

images (3).jpeg

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It feels weird, man. Back when I started all of this drawing thingy one of my thoughts was having a Mythra avi made from my own.

You know, by having this username I never ran out of images of her to use and my folder kept and keeps going bigger, hundreds of artists doing the best to portray her, but where's my addition to that?, where's the art piece that expresses perfectly what I love about her?: is simply not there.

I must do that piece; it can be safe, it can be very lewd, I really don't know as I don't have a high skill level yet to make my thoughts a reality, but I know I gotta do it.

And now Im here with an avi of her, 100% by me and colored, looking decent, but telling me I still a very, very long way to go, not only to create the perfect image for her, but to become a competent artist as a whole.

Don't worry, guys, you regular ****posting Memethra will be back by the afternoon.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Time for another box full of Etrian Odyssey Nexus stuff because if everyone else can post about stuff nobody else cares about, I can too
- I don't really know how to feel about the mini dungeons in this game. In EO4 they made a bit more sense since each major dungeon was only 3 floors, they weren't aesthetically 100% identical to the nearest major dungeon (even if it just amounted to different music in most cases), and travelling to them involved mapping your way there across the overworld, so they made the overall game world feel more complete.

In this game, though, they just feel like they're there just because they can be. They're also kind of awkwardly placed in terms of difficulty - if you go to one as soon as it shows up you probably won't be strong enough to complete it, but if you do complete it you're probably going to be overlevelled for the main dungeon (conversely, in EO4, if you skipped them you probably wouldn't be strong enough to take on the main dungeon once you got there). But at least they are optional, for the most part, so it's not too bad. Best way to treat them is probably as bonus stuff to chip away at every now and then.

- Even the second unique dungeon of the game just reuses the aesthetics and music from the first one. It seems like there may be a story reason for why they should look the same, though, so I'm less bothered by it if it's because they're going for a particular theme with them.

- Part of the plot reason why you're exploring dungeons in this game is to locate Geomagnetic Poles which let you reach new islands and travel ever closer to Yggdrasil (it's not one big "Yggdrasil Labyrinth" in this game, but rather a bunch of labyrinths in the vicinity of an Yggdrasil tree). But you're operating out of Maginia, which is a city located on an airship. So like... why don't they just fly there? I must be missing something somewhere because this seems kinda dumb.

- Petal Bridge's maps are supposed to be circular, but this is the strangest ****ing circle I've ever seen.

- also hey this game has an actual plot that's starting to go somewhere now, which is cool (I don't want to get too spoiler-y here, though)

- Current play time is nearly 29 hours and I'm still only like 1/3rd of the way through the game. This game is ****ing massive.

D

Deleted member

Time for another box full of Etrian Odyssey Nexus stuff because if everyone else can post about stuff nobody else cares about, I can too
- I don't really know how to feel about the mini dungeons in this game. In EO4 they made a bit more sense since each major dungeon was only 3 floors, they weren't aesthetically 100% identical to the nearest major dungeon (even if it just amounted to different music in most cases), and travelling to them involved mapping your way there across the overworld, so they made the overall game world feel more complete.

In this game, though, they just feel like they're there just because they can be. They're also kind of awkwardly placed in terms of difficulty - if you go to one as soon as it shows up you probably won't be strong enough to complete it, but if you do complete it you're probably going to be overlevelled for the main dungeon (conversely, in EO4, if you skipped them you probably wouldn't be strong enough to take on the main dungeon once you got there). But at least they are optional, for the most part, so it's not too bad. Best way to treat them is probably as bonus stuff to chip away at every now and then.

- Even the second unique dungeon of the game just reuses the aesthetics and music from the first one. It seems like there may be a story reason for why they should look the same, though, so I'm less bothered by it if it's because they're going for a particular theme with them.

- Part of the plot reason why you're exploring dungeons in this game is to locate Geomagnetic Poles which let you reach new islands and travel ever closer to Yggdrasil (it's not one big "Yggdrasil Labyrinth" in this game, but rather a bunch of labyrinths in the vicinity of an Yggdrasil tree). But you're operating out of Maginia, which is a city located on an airship. So like... why don't they just fly there? I must be missing something somewhere because this seems kinda dumb.

- Petal Bridge's maps are supposed to be circular, but this is the strangest ****ing circle I've ever seen.

- also hey this game has an actual plot that's starting to go somewhere now, which is cool (I don't want to get too spoiler-y here, though)

- Current play time is nearly 29 hours and I'm still only like 1/3rd of the way through the game. This game is ****ing massive.
Petal Bridge? So the dungeons are just the ones from past games? Also, tell me the spoilers, I wanna hear them.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796

Etrian Odyssey Nexus is starting to have a actual plot?! Cool, I might... get it.

I'd love to see a trilogy of Etrian Odyssey Untold for Switch, which can include EOU1 and EOU2. I think there should be a untold version for EO3.

Ivander

Smash Legend
@Shishœ Erureido Erureido

So due to temptation, I decided to see if I could get Caster Gilgamesh from the Babylonia Banner, since he is a Servant I do want alot. Well, obviously one of my accounts got next to nothing, being my phone account. My pad account though....

I got Quetzal again, but this time for my Pad account. Which means I have her on both my accounts. She's the 2nd 5-Star Servant to be on both my accounts, with my first 5-star being Berserker Vlad III. However, she does hold the honor of being the first Story-locked 5-star on both my accounts. Considering you can't get Story-locked characters except on the Normal Summon Banner after unlocking them and when they are on the Featured Banner, that's pretty cool. Not to mention she's an overall good 5-Star Rider and having her on both my accounts will be nice. She'll especially be nice for my Pad account as that's the account with my Waver and so I can do Buster memes with her, Waver and a support Merlin.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
It feels weird, man. Back when I started all of this drawing thingy one of my thoughts was having a Mythra avi made from my own.

You know, by having this username I never ran out of images of her to use and my folder kept and keeps going bigger, hundreds of artists doing the best to portray her, but where's my addition to that?, where's the art piece that expresses perfectly what I love about her?: is simply not there.

I must do that piece; it can be safe, it can be very lewd, I really don't know as I don't have a high skill level yet to make my thoughts a reality, but I know I gotta do it.

And now Im here with an avi of her, 100% by me and colored, looking decent, but telling me I still a very, very long way to go, not only to create the perfect image for her, but to become a competent artist as a whole.

Don't worry, guys, you regular ****posting Memethra will be back by the afternoon.
We aren't dealing with the average Mythra Mythra superfan anymore.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Really hope Pokémon generation 8 news is coming this coming week.

Pretty likely I bet.
Yeah I think the 26th will be when we get news. A lot seems to point towards it.
They've been counting regions so the general speculation is that Gen 8 will be announced on Wednesday iirc
Yeah this seems like a decent bet towards an announcement.
They’ve done countdowns with nothing before but they’ve never been within a week a Pokémon day or when a new gen is coming around.

So I say this countdown has a little more merit.

This makes me think though, could we actually see gameplay and maybe the region name dropped in the first trailer? I hope so. I want to see what improvements they made and what it looks like. X and Y was the first new gen on a new console and got gameplay in its first trailer so I hope that happens with gen 8.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
This makes me think though, could we actually see gameplay and maybe the region name dropped in the first trailer? I hope so. I want to see what improvements they made and what it looks like. X and Y was the first new gen on a new console and got gameplay in its first trailer so I hope that happens with gen 8.
It could go either the XY or SM route, but hopefully it will be the former. As you said this is the first new gen on a new console so it'd make more sense to give it a strong start to get people interested in the games and talking about them. Plus, doing that would give us a view into the starters, legendaries, and the region, and that would give us more to talk and speculate about in terms of their designs, what they evolve into, what areas could be adapted, etc.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It could go either the XY or SM route, but hopefully it will be the former. As you said this is the first new gen on a new console so it'd make more sense to give it a strong start to get people interested in the games and talking about them. Plus, doing that would give us a view into the starters, legendaries, and the region, and that would give us more to talk and speculate about in terms of their designs, what they evolve into, what areas could be adapted, etc.
Considering the trailers we've been getting, I wouldn't be surprised if we got "Explore the [x] Region" as the Gen 8 trailer.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anyway back to the Cristina Vee/Caitlin Glass thing from a few pages back:

Yeah, Caitlin’s “good things are coming” was referring to the Fruits Basket thing. BUT do keep in mind she also has an NDA voice role she still has yet to reveal:

We aren't dealing with the average Mythra Mythra superfan anymore.
This isn't your average everyday Mythra fan. This is...

Advanced Mythra fan.
Super Duper Mythra Fan

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

*When you joke around with your partner but realize she is soon going to go Ultra Instinct on your ass if you don't catch up fast enough*
Happy-Worried Malos.png

Man, I need to put way less time on these memes images.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Still waiting for that Canada region with a Ice/Steel Hockey Pokemon. And a multitude of Ice-type Pokemon.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I’d like it to be based off India
I kind of want a Pokémon game to be based on the Channel Islands.

If Gen 8's region ends up being based on Britain like people think, then maybe the Channel Islands will be included as minor islands (like Fullmoon and Newmoon Islands in Sinnoh).
Man, I need to put way less time on these memes images.
Draw more, meme less.
Still waiting for that Canada region with a Ice/Steel Hockey Pokemon. And a multitude of Ice-type Pokemon.
Ice/Steel Hockey Pokémon that form changes into an Ice/Dark Pokémon when it's HP falls below half.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I kind of want a Pokémon game to be based on the Channel Islands.

If Gen 8's region ends up being based on Britain like people think, then maybe the Channel Islands will be included as minor islands (like Fullmoon and Newmoon Islands in Sinnoh).

Draw more, meme less.

Ice/Steel Hockey Pokémon that form changes into an Ice/Dark Pokémon when it's HP falls below half.
But...

What would happen if I draw memes?:ultrob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom