• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm hearing word that the new stage for Splatooon 2 shown in the Direct could be the final stage.

I know we're nearing the end of updates but this makes me sad. :(

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
New Wreck it Ralph 2 trailer, this time with actual story content!
Looks better than what was shown before, though one joke in the trailer did rub me the wrong way.
Have to give some points for including the Dark Web, never expected that.

Ivander

Smash Legend
And I thought people making art of Mario using Cappy for possession gave some bad vibes...

The fact that Bowser is capable of using power-ups as of 3D World doesn't make things better.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And I thought people making art of Mario using Cappy for possession gave some bad vibes...

The fact that Bowser is capable of using power-ups as of 3D World doesn't make things better.
Legit question, why Mario skin is so pink compared to everyone else?

And yeah, the rest doesn't bother me, I find it funny in fact but that's just me.:roll:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm hearing word that the new stage for Splatooon 2 shown in the Direct could be the final stage.

I know we're nearing the end of updates but this makes me sad. :(
Technically it's true, but they're also remaking a few maps the same way they just did for Starfish Mainstage, which counted as our "new map" for the month of September.

At the very least, we're also getting a new Salmon Run map.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
New Wreck it Ralph 2 trailer, this time with actual story content!
Looks better than what was shown before, though one joke in the trailer did rub me the wrong way.
Have to give some points for including the Dark Web, never expected that.
Honestly I'm just surprised it took this long for the actual plot of the movie to show up in the trailers, despite it having been known since before the movie was named. :p
The "face of the neck" joke killed me.

D

Deleted member

So for those who are interested to see what's going down in Tokyo Game Show, there've been an awards show that happens every year; consider it Japan's The Game Awards. Here's which producers and games have won to give a glimpse in the Japanese side of gaming.

■ TGS2018 : GRAND AWARD
・ Monster Hunter: World
■ METI Award
・Nintendo Switch Development Team
■ Global Award
・The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
■ Global Foreign Game Award
・Call of Duty: WWII
■ Best Sales Award
・Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
■ Game Designer Award (Fun Fact: Sakurai was there to present this certain award.)
・Gorogoa
■ Award for Excellence
・Xenoblade Chronicles 2 damn straight
・Super Mario Odyssey
・Call of Duty: WWII
・Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
・Splatoon 2
・Fate/Grand Order
・UNDERTALE
・Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
・PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
・Fortnite what

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For anyone who hasn't seen it, the Mega Buster trailer for Devil May Cry 5 is out too.

D

Deleted member

This makes me happy
To be honest, I'm not even surprised Dragon Quest won that award lmao
It isn't AS malignant as previous years back in the Super Famicom days, but whenever a new Dragon Quest releases over in Japan, it's practically a ****ing national holiday.

I'm surprised Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy didn't win Global Foreign Game, if anything.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
On the topic of Mega Man TGS dropped a trailer with Tundra Man and Acid Man. We get a small glimpse of their weapons too. It does go by quickly though. Acid Man's seems to be a shield type, while you also fire a new projectile while it's up, Tundra Man's looks similar to the charged version of Storm Tornado. So a big vertical hitbox.

And if you didn't see Impact Man's weapon, it's a Dash attack, one that can be done in mid-air too, I bet you can take some good short cuts with it.

A preview manga thing gives us another look at the Younger Dr. Wily and Dr. Light. Mega Man's hair is drawn kind of cool too, usually looks better in Black than in Brown.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Any A Hat in Time players in here? I've been playing through the new Death Wish DLC lately and was curious to see what others think about it.

IMO, it's...kinda bad? There's a lot about it that feels really, REALLY off...

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
so, whats that Ace Attorney news capcom was gonna share?
That's the thing I'm lookign forward the most in this TGS, I'm always paranoid they might reveal a new game without me noticing lol. But I looked it up, aparently the Ace Attorney panel is in 33 hours or so, that's when they should announce whatever they have in store. It will be at 3AM for me sadly, so I'll get the news whenever I wake up lol.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Capcom is cutting ties with Suicide Silence, the band who gave us the godawful Subhuman theme, after finding out the lead singer emotionally and sexually abused a minor last year and will replace the song. It's shocking to see a game company fix something like this literally a single day after a reveal. Good on them, I'm proud of ya! Now give us the Banana Breaker and a Switch version

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That's the thing I'm lookign forward the most in this TGS, I'm always paranoid they might reveal a new game without me noticing lol. But I looked it up, aparently the Ace Attorney panel is in 33 hours or so, that's when they should announce whatever they have in store. It will be at 3AM for me sadly, so I'll get the news whenever I wake up lol.
If it isnt "we realized the west want the great ace attorny so we are giving it to them" Imma be so mad (because we know they dont care what the west wants)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I turned 21 today. :p

Growing older in life and going further in it. I want to say I feel different, but truly, I still don't feel very different even compared to when I turned 19.

D

Deleted member

I just want Ace Attorney games to be released physically again because I don't have any storage space left on my 3DS D:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know, if we ever get bonus content for TGC, one idea that would probably never happen but be SUPER sick if it, would be
Pneuma, Malos & Alvis as a team that you can play in Torna, time paradox you say? who care? IT'S THE THREE AEGIS PLAYABLE IN TOGETHER, HOW CAN YOU SAY NO TO THIS?!

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Any A Hat in Time players in here? I've been playing through the new Death Wish DLC lately and was curious to see what others think about it.

IMO, it's...kinda bad? There's a lot about it that feels really, REALLY off...
I haven't played it yet, but I watched the reviews tank after its release.

Most of em say Death Wish is some mix of sadistic, unfair, and bull****. If nothing else, you ain't alone in your feelings.

I turned 21 today. :p

Growing older in life and going further in it. I want to say I feel different, but truly, I still don't feel very different even compared to when I turned 19.
Happy birthday man.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Nintendo Life did an interview with the Xenoblade devs.

Some interesting points:
-The best way to experience the XC2 story is by playing the main game, finish Chapter 7 and then do Torna before starting the 8th.
-The Golden Country marks the end of planned DLC
-When designing Blades, they only sent the element and combat traits they wanted to the artists; the creative liberty given to them resulted in many female Blades.
-The anime style was decided as a way to appear to a more worldwide audience as it "would do justice"
-Takahashi dislikes the term "JRPG"

-The original ending just had the Aegis core crystal starting to glow, but they decided to take a more happy ending route by having both Pyra and Mythra returning.

-Pneuma has no official name, but it can be referred as that.

-"We have no firm plans on continuing the series"

D

Deleted member

I haven't played it yet, but I watched the reviews tank after its release.

Most of em say Death Wish is some mix of sadistic, unfair, and bull****. If nothing else, you ain't alone in your feelings..
Most of the complaints are pretty valid, yeah. I feel like the absolute worst mechanic in it is the that some levels force a 5 minute cooldown timer on them if you die, forcing you to wait before you try again. There's just some really, really questionable design choices in it, and the difficulty just doesn't feel very fair. I feel like you basically have to be a god at the game to stand a chance, which while cool for speedrunners, is kind of a bummer for people who don't want to win by exploiting the game's mechanics or using mechanics the game doesn't tell you about. I'm hoping I'll enjoy the new chapter more once I start it, because so far, DW is an unfortunate let down. :(

Long story short, I expected this to be like Octo Expansion: Challenging, but fair, leaving you with a little room for error if you're not the best Splatoon player in the world (the secret boss in Octo Expansion is especially a really good example of this). Death Wish is pretty much made on the foundation and principles of Kaizo Mario romhacks: Difficulty made unfair and ridiculously punishing on purpose, with the only way of winning sometimes being to break the game or just replaying a mission so much that it's just ingrained into you. It's feels like instead of playing and enjoying a good challenge, you're constantly fighting the game and it's mechanics, which for me personally, I don't find all that enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom