• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I was hoping she’d be close to my personality, oh well.
I'd wait and see before making that judgement call.
After she lowers her guard, she's got quite a lot of fire in her (figuratively speaking).
Did you mean: literally any League of Villains member or Gentle?

I think the League of Villains really starts to grow with the Overhaul arc. I already liked them before but I have no doubts this next season is what will make many jump onto the Villain ship.
Because, honestly, yeah, they haven't had much time to show how they truly are.

Shigaraki still suffers from first impressions the same way Bakugo does, which is a shame because he's such a well-written villain if you read into his character for more than just his actions.
Let's play a game of "Who's the better foil to Deku?"!
  1. Bakugou
  2. Shigaraki
  3. Shinsho
  4. Gentle
All great contestants! But only one can take home the Gold!

Funny bits aside, the end of the Overhaul arc is great, it's creatively brutal (and fitting vengeance for everything Overhaul had done).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Speaking of KH, I'm at the final world of 2. Got to the Roxas boss and got a little destroyed. So I decided it was time for side quests.

Doing the Absent Silhouettes and so far I've beaten Larxene and Zexion.
- Larxene was super easy, Reflect magic literally murders her
- Zexion locks you in a book and is annoying to fight in general, but I pulled through
- Haven't beaten Marluxia but he requires patience
- Haven't done Vexen and Lexeaus yet

I thought I would go for the Ultima Weapon after that but turns out Final Mix makes it so you can't make it before you beat Xemnas' first form.
Marluxia is one fabulous man

D

Deleted member

Stain Fanboy #204 is a good lizard. Honestly kinda interested in what direction they'll go with him since
His last appearance made it very clear his ideals don't align at all with the league. While everyone grew closer and found a new reason to be in the league, he seems to focused on following Stain's ideals while everyone else just does whatever they need to.
Me smellz a Heel-Face Turn or a Redemption Equals Death scenario
You'd think the same would be the case for Reptile from Mortal Kombat, but it never happens.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This is why I found calling Bakugou an antagonist funny (it wasn't a personal attack, more an observation of his early portrayal versus the person he becomes).

He never truly loses his edge (because then he wouldn't be Bakugou anymore), but that particular panel is the culmination of everything he's gone through in the series up to that point (though it's obviously not the end).

Depending on how they play Season 4, this might even be a Season 5 moment.

One word: "WAAAH!"
He acts like an antagonist in season 1 at least. But, he's already shedding that in season 2.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
After she lowers her guard, she's got quite a lot of fire in her (figuratively speaking).

1. Bakugou
  2. Shigaraki
  3. Shinsho
  4. Gentle

Funny bits aside, the end of the Overhaul arc is great, it's creatively brutal (and fitting vengeance for everything Overhaul had done).
Well I’m basically a tsundere so if anyone has that personality I’d definitely connect with them

D

Deleted member

1. Bakugou
  2. Shigaraki
  3. Shinsho
  4. Gentle

Everyone is a good Foil to the main character in different ways:
-Bakugo is the Deku that was blessed
-Shigaraki is the Deku that was cursed.
-Shinso is the Deku that didn't receive the help he needed
-Gentle is the Deku that wasn't saved.

KMDP

Smash Legend
He acts like an antagonist in season 1 at least. But, he's already shedding that in season 2.
In Episode 1/Chapter 1, Bakugou literally tells Deku to kill himself (in a way that's not meant to be taken as a joke, unlike later instances where he uses Die as a Kiai).

That panel you found is such a huge 180° from that schoolyard bully that I'm surprised that we don't all have whiplash. :laugh:

God, Imagine the people who get into series by reading the first arc then the most recent arc, and that was the arc they read...

They'd be so confused.
Well I’m basically a tsundere so if anyone has that personality I’d definitely connect with them
Morgana is the tsundere.

Here, have a cat.

Go to bed.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
In Episode 1/Chapter 1, Bakugou literally tells Deku to kill himself (in a way that's not meant to be taken as a joke, unlike later instances where he uses Die as a Kiai).

That panel you found is such a huge 180° from that schoolyard bully that I'm surprised that we don't all have whiplash. :laugh:

God, Imagine the people who get into series by reading the first arc then the most recent arc, and that was the arc they read...

They'd be so confused.

Morgana is the tsundere.

Here, have a cat.

Go to bed.
I don’t really like Morgana he’s kinda annoying.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Check your own attitude before you criticize others for their attitude. Besides, I told everyone to move on peacefully and you're seriously pushing it right now with how tense things got earlier. You can respect my authority, or continue to ignore me and face consequences if you try to continue this topic.

Your move. Choose wisely.
Look I get that, not trying to push the topic at all. And sorry if you think I am criticizing others, I admit I sort of am, but not in offensive way.

Later part of your saying is also more confusing in my opinion, I definitely respect your authority, but I don't understand why now me pointing some stuff out is also a problem. If that still bothers though, well, since you are the Moderator here I have to stop.

Also the fact you ignore my MHA post made me sad too lol.

Words can be harmful, doesn't really make any sense to say that they don't when an example of them having to be silenced was just displayed. Why would you even need moderation if text couldn't harm anyone?

With that being said, yeah, Shisho's just pretty blunt TBH. Subtly is not his specialty. I still agree with him though>
Well... You know thrle drill, I'm now being tapped to "shut up" when it comes to that...

So I want to reply more @Prince Alucard ,I do have things to clarify and discuss but I have to ignore them for now.
No more discussion here anymore on that due things not going well here on my end. Better to discuss this on Discord if you want to.

Let's just move on as that's what the mod request us to do.
What the hell? Gentle and La Brava are such great villains, that arc is great just by them existing.

Actually, if I had to rank the anime arcs so far
Training Camp>Hideout Raid>Provisional License Exams>Sports Festival>End of Terms>USJ>Hero Killer>Introduction(the first eps up until the start of USJ)

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Stain tbh
I like Hide Out raid the best. For now.
And yeah, Gentle and La Brava are villains in MHA that can easily be symphathized, Stain on the other, still cool but after looking at how did he became what he is in the MHA Illegal Heros spinoff manga... Uh... That's it? It was just a bit disappointing.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don’t really like Morgana he’s kinda annoying.
Well, too bad! He's yours now, enjoy your personal curfew watchman.

More seriously, Ann is also a tsundere (but not to Joker), and you can't date Morgana.
I like Hide Out raid the best. For now.
And yeah, Gentle and La Brava are villains in MHA that can easily be symphathized, Stain on the other, still cool but after looking at how did he became what he is in the MHA Illegal Heros spinoff manga... Uh... That's it? It was just a bit disappointing.
To be honest, Stain's backstory doesn't really matter; what's important is the man he was in that one arc.

I've never been all that interested in how Stain came to be the Hero Killer, what little that was given in that News Report after he was captured was enough for me.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Morgana is actually one of my favorite characters, maybe it's because I can relate to his whole internal issues. But I absolutely hate the fact that they also had to make him kinda sleazy towards Ann.

It's just one of my many problems with P5's characterization. Morgana just HAS to be skeevy towards Ann because Teddie was the same towards girls, just like Ryuji HAS to be the kinda ****ty pervert best friend like Yosuke was, Ann HAS to be the designated fanservice girl like Rise was even though it goes completely against her character arc in the first palace, Morgana and Ryuji are ****s to each other because of course that was Yosuke and Teddie's relationship. Why make anything new when you can just recycle what worked.

It's kinda my whole issue with P5, at points it's got brilliant characterization and moments but at other points it has writing on par with a ****ty seasonal anime. Like it wants to have it's cake and eat it too.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

More seriously, Ann is also a tsundere (but not to Joker), and you can't date Morgana.

To be honest, Stain's backstory doesn't really matter; what's important is the man he was in that one arc.

I've never been all that interested in how Stain came to be the Hero Killer, what little that was given in that News Report after he was captured was enough for me.
Why would anyone consider dating Morgana?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Look I get that, not trying to push the topic at all. And sorry if you think I am criticizing others, I admit I sort of am, but not in offensive way.

Later part of your saying is also more confusing in my opinion, I definitely respect your authority, but I don't understand why now me pointing some stuff out is also a problem. If that still bothers though, well, since you are the Moderator here I have to stop.

Also the fact you ignore my MHA post made me sad too lol.
By criticizing others in the way you are, it's asking for trouble. That's why it is bothering me, because you don't seem to realize that it could stir up more trouble by posting in the way you are.

Other things were higher priority at the time. Simple as that; nothing personal.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
KMDP KMDP MHA related stuff...
I was looking up fan art of MHA, and I stumbled upon this by accident. I know it's kind of a spoiler since it's in the manga and equivalent to events in the upcoming s4 (and I say that as someone who hasn't even gotten to s3 yet, nor finished s2) but this panel really stuck out to me:

Seems like he took a level in humility.
I wish I didn't stumble on it by accident, but I'm still just as excited as I was before concerning anticipating Bakugou's character development.
That feels like a huge thing for him to say. Imo it seems like that is something he has been building to through the series for a bit considering how he was learning to work with others and Deku to a degree and how he went all out againt Uraraka.

Also I love with MHA how the villains are also growing not just in power but in maturity as the series goes. It's not just heroes becoming strong enough to face the villains but the villains as well growing into their roles they have chosen.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Well... I obviously did a bit because that was something that I was curious when it comes to stain.

That being said, if I have to be honest with you I actually like the MHA Illegals spinoff more than the main MHA, because for more seinen audience like us. MHA Illegals focuses more on... You know, the more "lower tier" people, you have a regular college student as a main character with a not so awesome quirk, and it just works.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Morgana is actually one of my favorite characters, maybe it's because I can relate to his whole internal issues. But I absolutely hate the fact that they also had to make him kinda sleazy towards Ann.

It's just one of my many problems with P5's characterization. Morgana just HAS to be skeevy towards Ann because Teddie was the same towards girls, just like Ryuji HAS to be the kinda ****ty pervert best friend like Yosuke was, Ann HAS to be the designated fanservice girl like Rise was even though it goes completely against her character arc in the first palace, Morgana and Ryuji are ****s to each other because of course that was Yosuke and Teddie's relationship. Why make anything new when you can just recycle what worked.

It's kinda my whole issue with P5, at points it's got brilliant characterization and moments but at other points it has writing on par with a ****ty seasonal anime. Like it wants to have it's cake and eat it too.
Yeah it certainly feels like there was both a mentality of "Let's go BUCK WILD with this game!" and "But not too crazy, we know what Persona fans want" within the development team.

Probably my least favorite of the trope reuse has to be the
fakeout deaths. It feels really disingenuous when you use that twice or thrice in the same game.

Chrono.

Yeah it certainly feels like there was both a mentality of "Let's go BUCK WILD with this game!" and "But not too crazy, we know what Persona fans want" within the development team.

Probably my least favorite of the trope reuse has to be the
fakeout deaths. It feels really disingenuous when you use that twice or thrice in the same game.
The Akechi sequel/spin off bait is real lol.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
By criticizing others in the way you are, it's asking for trouble
I know I am digging my own grave here but my take on this is: "Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't"
It really depends on the rpic and the situation from I have seen. So not completely disagreeing with you here, but some situations in my opinion can be criticized l, but in some situation where the topic gets too controversial. I definitely agree with you there.
That's why it is bothering me, because you don't seem to realize that it could stir up more trouble by posting in the way you are.
Okay, so... Please explain what exactly I did that bothers you? Since we already drop off the topic, and focus on me, I don't remember I have ever said anything that is like offensive, and me personally have got good criticisms from others.
Not here I guess, please PM me when it comes to reply.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly my big problem with Morgana early on was the skeeving on Ann. It made it feel like Teddie 2.0 and I was already iffy on Teddie overall to begin with.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I know I am digging my own grave here but my take on this is: "Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't"
It really depends on the rpic and the situation from I have seen. So not completely disagreeing with you here, but some situations in my opinion can be criticized l, but in some situation where the topic gets too controversial. I definitely agree with you there.

Okay, so... Please explain what exactly I did that bothers you? Since we already drop off the topic, and focus on me, I don't remember I have ever said anything that is like offensive, and me personally have got good criticisms from others.
Not here I guess, please PM me when it comes to reply.
Alright. I'll oblige.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ann HAS to be the designated fanservice girl like Rise was even though it goes completely against her character arc in the first palace
One could consider it going against her character arc; alternatively, you could also see it as her taking control of her sexuality (like Bayonetta).

Neither interpretations are wrong, to be honest.

It's interesting how both Rise and Ann are in the same industry, with different reactions and reasons for being there, it makes them foils to one another.

Reusing character traits isn't necessarily lazy writing, but a way to show a different interpretation of the same thing.
  • Rise is an Idol, she was there because she wanted to be, but had become jaded with the lifestyle; after some soul-searching, she finds her love for the job again.
  • Ann is a Model, but not necessarily there by choice (I can't remember if she was forced into it or just kind of stumbled into the lifestyle); she's a natural at the job (read: she's just 'naturally pretty') and doesn't take it seriously as a result, until she realises how hard the other girls are working and steps up her game so as to not insult them, finding joy in the competitive aspect of the job.
It sounds bad when you boil it down to it's base aspects, but that's doing a disservice to the hard work the writers did.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Also I love with MHA how the villains are also growing not just in power but in maturity as the series goes. It's not just heroes becoming strong enough to face the villains but the villains as well growing into their roles they have chosen.
Yep, like my most recent view on the Manga, which was like months ago... Dabi, is getting some level up a bit. Hopefully Toga can get more detail, or maybe she already did since I haven't check the Manga for a while now.
Alright. I'll oblige.
No need lol, I will try to stay out of it more often next time.
But still... I will continue to be what I am, but like how MHA characters are, I am someone who will learn... Well... Sometimes lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have sadly finished marathoning through the best animated Ninja Turtles show (2012 > 2003/1987 > Rise 2018)

George Lopez shall be next (while I continue the Royal Rumble marathon)

KMDP

Smash Legend
That feels like a huge thing for him to say. Imo it seems like that is something he has been building to through the series for a bit considering how he was learning to work with others and Deku to a degree and how he went all out againt Uraraka.

Did Shigaraki really choose his role, though?

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the biggest questions in the series.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the biggest questions in the series.
I'd say no but technically yes? Tmk they chose their path but through mental manipulation making it their choice on a technical level I guess

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man I ain't about that MHA, I'm all about that four testicle JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

I didn't expect to read one of the main protagonists getting covered in AIDs and then undoing an abortion for a nose but hey it's Araki's story

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

oh right, Shigaraki, now I remember. He went from a pretty flawed villain to a very good one recently

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh look at that I’ve been pranked...ok I guess...not sure if this is a good thing or not so ok

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'd say no but technically yes? Tmk they chose their path but through mental manipulation making it their choice on a technical level I guess
The question of "is it really your choice if the choice was made for you?" is the one "out" Shigaraki has a villain, if Horikoshi chooses to redeem him for whatever reason (and I'd understand if he doesn't go that route).

Is Shigaraki aware of his heritage? Does he know All For One was the one who killed his parents and put him in that situation to begin with? What'll happen when he finds out?

Shigaraki is another character (like Deku, Bakugou and Stain) who over-idolises All Might; though you wouldn't expect it. He thinks All Might should have been there to save him (even though that's impossible), it's why Shigaraki hates All Might to begin with (leaving alone that All For One didn't help matters for obvious reasons).
Man I ain't about that MHA, I'm all about that four testicle JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

I didn't expect to read one of the main protagonists getting covered in AIDs and then undoing an abortion for a nose but hey it's Araki's story
I...

Okay.
The crazy thing is that that's probably not even in, like, the top 5 most insane things Araki has put to paper.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I...

Okay.
The crazy thing is that that's probably not even in, like, the top 5 most insane things Araki has put to paper.
Nah, the craziest arc is Joshu's redemption arc because it made him likable revolves around idol culture.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Being purple like a Smooth Donatello...guess I get all the mutant women (including April O’Neil)

D

Deleted member

The question of "is it really your choice if the choice was made for you?" is the one "out" Shigaraki has a villain, if Horikoshi chooses to redeem him for whatever reason (and I'd understand if he doesn't go that route).

Is Shigaraki aware of his heritage? Does he know All For One was the one who killed his parents and put him in that situation to begin with? What'll happen when he finds out?

Shigaraki is another character (like Deku, Bakugou and Stain) who over-idolises All Might; though you wouldn't expect it. He thinks All Might should have been there to save him (even though that's impossible), it's why Shigaraki hates All Might to begin with (leaving alone that All For One didn't help matters for obvious reasons).

I...

Okay.
I actually don't think AfO killed Shiggy's parents(it's pretty much implied Shigaraki killed them with his own Quirk). AfO just took advantage of the situation.

And Shigaraki doesn't really idolize All Might, he hates that exact idolization.
All Might's motto is "don't worry, because I am here" yet he wasn't there when he needed All Might, Shigaraki sees him as a liar who makes people passive to the issues around them.
And, like, he's RIGHT. Remember all the way back to Episode 2 when Bakugo is being attacked, everyone, including the heroes thenselves, just go "let's wait for someone else who can solve this to arrive" instead of actually doing **** to save Bakugo. And the result? Lowering All Might's power cap even more. And if it wasn't for Deku, Bakugo would be dead.
The same happens again in the USJ, everyone thinks All Might can handle Shigaraki and Kurogiri after dispatching Nomu so they just go away. If it wasn't for Deku, All Might would be dead, Shigaraki was centimeters away from touching his face. And the result? Deku broke his legs.

You see the trend here? Deku acts when no one else would. This is a recurring theme across the series. Deku is what Shigaraki hates the most but he's also what he wants people to be. Had others tried to help at those moments, the damage would have been minimal.
Deku tries to save everyone but... that's simply not possible, and he needs to learn that too. The issue isn't not being able to save everyone, it's painting heroes in a way that makes people THINK they can. What hero society needs isn't another All Might, we saw how much having an idilzed symbol backfired, it's to show heroes aren't paragons who can save everyone from everything to make people stop being so passive and act for themselves.

Chrono.

I'm close to finishing KH2 and I'm kinda sad about it. Felt really nice to play the game again after so many years since my first and only playthrough before this one, as well as so many years of me wanting the Final Mix of it but it never coming here until HD Remix.

Definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

After this I'm watching the Days movie then starting BbS.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I actually don't think AfO killed Shiggy's parents(it's pretty much implied Shigaraki killed them with his own Quirk). AfO just took advantage of the situation.

And Shigaraki doesn't really idolize All Might, he hates that exact idolization.
All Might's motto is "don't worry, because I am here" yet he wasn't there when he needed All Might, Shigaraki sees him as a liar who makes people passive to the issues around them.
And, like, he's RIGHT. Remember all the way back to Episode 2 when Bakugo is being attacked, everyone, including the heroes thenselves, just go "let's wait for someone else who can solve this to arrive" instead of actually doing **** to save Bakugo. And the result? Lowering All Might's power cap even more. And if it wasn't for Deku, Bakugo would be dead.
The same happens again in the USJ, everyone thinks All Might can handle Shigaraki and Kurogiri after dispatching Nomu so they just go away. If it wasn't for Deku, All Might would be dead, Shigaraki was centimeters away from touching his face. And the result? Deku broke his legs.

You see the trend here? Deku acts when no one else would. This is a recurring theme across the series. Deku is what Shigaraki hates the most but he's also what he wants people to be. Had others tried to help at those moments, the damage would have been minimal.
Deku tries to save everyone but... that's simply not possible, and he needs to learn that too. The issue isn't not being able to save everyone, it's painting heroes in a way that makes people THINK they can. What hero society needs isn't another All Might, we saw how much having an idilzed symbol backfired, it's to show heroes aren't paragons who can save everyone from everything to make people stop being so passive and act for themselves.
The point I was making is that Shigaraki hates All Might because he used to idolise him (but had his idolisation shattered), so basically exactly what you just said.

There's also the fact that All For One might have killed Shigaraki's parents by proxy, by giving him the disintegration power to begin with.

Shigaraki might have been quirkless, for all we know.
EDIT: To clarify, you might askL "how could All For One give Shigaraki a power, that instance in the alleyway was the first time they met!" The thing is, does All For One have to be in physical proximity to bestow power? We know he had to make physical contact with his hands back when his brother was still alive, but he has that weird arrow ability, is Remote Forced Quirk Activation it's only function, or can it do more?

MHA's Society needed someone like All Might when he showed up, because his mere presence reduces crime (Endeavor himself says this in the Remedial Exam arc); however, one man can only do so much, the world needs multiple people to learn from All Might's example and take the heroic initiative (as you said); which is exactly what is happening.

By the end of the series, there will be at least:
Deku, Bakugou, Todoroki, Kirishima, Iida, Ochako, Yaoyorozu, Tsuyu (someone else who acts, just like Deku, though in her case it's because she keeps calm and thinks fast), Shinso, Inasa, Mirio and Tamaki; maybe Eri too if she gets into the Hero Business.

All Might lead by example, but there weren't enough heeding the call (or misunderstanding the message).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>my top 3 is the exact same but in different order

View attachment 186372

1. Majora's Mask
2. OG Xenoblade
3. Mother 3
4. Super Metroid
5. Wario Land 3
Y'know what, I respect that, just for the Wario push. The only Land game I played was Shake It, but it feels like a genuinely good series nonetheless.
Warioworld still pretty godlike, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom