• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

The first boss is EASILY the hardest in that game (or at least among the hardest - obviously, the final boss is up there), whether it's due to a lack of health, a lack of options, or the insane amount of damage and range that the boss has.
Reminds me of the first KH. In which the first batch of real bosses feel a bit too much but it's only due to a lack of abilities and options for the moment.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's fine when you get to listen to the sick song.

"YOU GOT NOTHING AND NOTHING'S GOT YOU.
I CAN SEE YOUR FEAR. IT SURROUNDS YOU."

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I just think your post was pretty interesting to check out to say the least. It sums up how this thread is sometimes. (Also... your problem as well to be even more honest)

Yeah, I think the discussion can go well and not heated. It's really certain users' problem if I have to be real here. And yes, that actually includes me lol.
Don't push it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Don't push it.
Understood Clogs, I won't, but please understand some users here... have issues when it comes to opinions in general. I mean I aware it isn't a thing I can change but it is just something I need to point out.

Just enjoy MHA S2, it's really good, and Todoroki is gonna get good too, this also reminds me to finish MHA S3, if I have the time that is.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Understood Clogs, I won't, but please understand some users here... have issues when it comes to opinions in general. I mean I aware it isn't a thing I can change but it is just something I need to point out.
Check your own attitude before you criticize others for their attitude. Besides, I told everyone to move on peacefully and you're seriously pushing it right now with how tense things got earlier. You can respect my authority, or continue to ignore me and face consequences if you try to continue this topic.

Your move. Choose wisely.

KMDP

Smash Legend
With My Hero Academia right now, season 2 is certainly better than season 1. I enjoyed season 1 overall, but season 2 is masterful. And I'm only halfway through. While I'd give s1 an 8/10, s2 is shaping up to be a perfect 10/10 at the pace it's going...maybe. We'll see. There's one thing that I can't get off my mind...and it relates to Mineta. Not really directly, but indirectly.
I think I know what you're thinking about with Mineta, though I can't be certain, so I'll try to cover my bases.

Mineta does shine in some moments, but he's mostly relegated to the comic relief (some would say "where he belongs"). Something I hadn't noticed about him until TeamFourStar pointed it out is that, despite being super skeevy, he never, ever gets what he wants regarding that character trait, he only ever succeeds in other areas.

Mineta did actually effect someone due to his direct actions in the tournament (though it wasn't all him), this leads to that character's growth later (and made that character one of my favourites because I really empathize with that particular issue they went through).
I don't see the turn as "sudden" at all. Todoroki does regress slightly in the finals vs. Bakugo, so I think his character development is at a decent enough pace. He's learning, but it's not gonna be free-flowing and immediate. He will take many steps forward, but there will be times where it seems like he takes steps back. That's how natural growth works in real life, and I think it's written very well. Todoroki has the best character development in the show so far, I'd say...and he's one of my top 2. The other is Bakugo of course.
This is exactly what happens (the thing about natural growth, and steps taken).

The people who thought Todoroki changed too fast thought he immediately got over his issues, he did not; he just got over the biggest hurdle.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Makoto as a character I'm not too hot on.
Makoto as a basic archetyoe is hyper targeted toward my tastes.
I feel the exact same way, I really didn't like her at the beginning but near the end she was okay. I love her type of character usually though.

With My Hero Academia right now, season 2 is certainly better than season 1. I enjoyed season 1 overall, but season 2 is masterful. And I'm only halfway through. While I'd give s1 an 8/10, s2 is shaping up to be a perfect 10/10 at the pace it's going...maybe. We'll see. There's one thing that I can't get off my mind...and it relates to Mineta. Not really directly, but indirectly.
I honestly think Season 3 is even better. A LOT happens in that season and I pretty much love all of it.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the next arc of Season 2, it raises a few interesting in-universe questions.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I think I know what you're thinking about with Mineta, though I can't be certain, so I'll try to cover my bases.

Mineta does shine in some moments, but he's mostly relegated to the comic relief (some would say "where he belongs"). Something I hadn't noticed about him until TeamFourStar pointed it out is that, despite being super skeevy, he never, ever gets what he wants regarding that character trait, he only ever succeeds in other areas.

Mineta did actually effect someone due to his direct actions in the tournament (though it wasn't all him), this leads to that character's growth later (and made that character one of my favourites because I really empathize with that particular issue they went through).

This is exactly what happens (the thing about natural growth, and steps taken).

The people who thought Todoroki changed too fast thought he immediately got over his issues, he did not; he just got over the biggest hurdle.
Ah, ok. My apologies for misunderstanding.

But I should clarify about Mineta...what's most frustrating to me is not how annoying he is (and he DEFINITELY is, he's like scrappy doo on steroids) but what gets to me more is how he's normally a character that gets a decent amount of spotlight and yet there are many other characters that barely get any screen time and are invisible in comparison to him. Characters like Eraser Head/Aizawa, Aoyama, Ashido, Jiro, Yaoyorozu, and especially Shinso have much more potential for interesting development than Mineta, yet Mineta gets a bunch of one-liners surprisingly frequently that just don't work. He doesn't deserve the airtime he gets, and so many other characters deserve more development than him. The major characters are ALL on point, but the minor characters all feel like hit or miss right now. That comes with most series, but with Mineta vs. other minor characters, it's glaring.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel the exact same way, I really didn't like her at the beginning but near the end she was okay. I love her type of character usually though.

I honestly think Season 3 is even better. A LOT happens in that season and I pretty much love all of it.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the next arc of Season 2, it raises a few interesting in-universe questions.
What kind of character is she? I only know her from her design

Chrono.

Speaking of KH, I'm at the final world of 2. Got to the Roxas boss and got a little destroyed. So I decided it was time for side quests.

Doing the Absent Silhouettes and so far I've beaten Larxene and Zexion.
- Larxene was super easy, Reflect magic literally murders her
- Zexion locks you in a book and is annoying to fight in general, but I pulled through
- Haven't beaten Marluxia but he requires patience
- Haven't done Vexen and Lexeaus yet

I thought I would go for the Ultima Weapon after that but turns out Final Mix makes it so you can't make it before you beat Xemnas' first form.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

But I should clarify about Mineta...what's most frustrating to me is not how annoying he is (and he DEFINITELY is, he's like scrappy doo on steroids) but what gets to me more is how he's normally a character that gets a decent amount of spotlight and yet there are many other characters that barely get any screen time and are invisible in comparison to him. Characters like Eraser Head/Aizawa, Aoyama, Ashido, Jiro, Yaoyorozu, and especially Shinso have much more potential for interesting development than Mineta, yet Mineta gets a bunch of one-liners surprisingly frequently that just don't work. He doesn't deserve the airtime he gets, and so many other characters deserve more development than him. The major characters are ALL on point, but the minor characters all feel like hit or miss right now. That comes with most series, but with Mineta vs. other minor characters, it's glaring.
so you’re saying Mineta is like this...
98F56863-27EF-45C6-A76E-91257A57BD86.jpeg
3A2A662E-DE2C-4199-B881-2A5AFB31E1BF.jpeg

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
remember when people thought sakurai bought that model kit for a character other than inkling? you know the mech with a gun?

yeah no that was purely for inkling

KMDP

Smash Legend

My Hero Academia.

Starts great, and each arc is better than the last; except maybe the Culture Festival depending on how you feel on Breather Arcs.

Mineta actually begins getting phased out after this arc, he has one big moment later on, then spends the rest of the series mostly in the background with one-liners.

I think Horikoshi likes him, but recognises that the viewers generally disagree (character polls are a good metric). The thing is, some people actually started out liking Mineta a lot (e.g. Rogersbase), but then he kind of wore out his welcome. He's a character that works best in smaller doses.

Every character you listed actually gets greater focus, though I won't say when or how.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
KMDP KMDP MHA related stuff...
I was looking up fan art of MHA, and I stumbled upon this by accident. I know it's kind of a spoiler since it's in the manga and equivalent to events in the upcoming s4 (and I say that as someone who hasn't even gotten to s3 yet, nor finished s2) but this panel really stuck out to me:

Seems like he took a level in humility.
I wish I didn't stumble on it by accident, but I'm still just as excited as I was before concerning anticipating Bakugou's character development.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Check your own attitude before you criticize others for their attitude. Besides, I told everyone to move on peacefully and you're seriously pushing it right now with how tense things got earlier. You can respect my authority, or continue to ignore me and face consequences if you try to continue this topic.

Your move. Choose wisely.
Clogs in here putting his foot down.

Me like.

D

Deleted member

Starts great, and each arc is better than the last; except maybe the Culture Festival depending on how you feel on Breather Arcs.
What the hell? Gentle and La Brava are such great villains, that arc is great just by them existing.

Actually, if I had to rank the anime arcs so far
Training Camp>Hideout Raid>Provisional License Exams>Sports Festival>End of Terms>USJ>Hero Killer>Introduction(the first eps up until the start of USJ)

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Stain tbh

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope the next Spider-Man animated movie has Spider-Man 2099/Miguel O'Hara as the protagonist. He's easily the best Spider-Man other than Peter Parker himself.

The ARMS soundtrack is so good!
Yeah, I think it's a pretty good soundtrack. Dr. Coyle's theme is one of my favorites.

D

Deleted member

Ah screw it, I'm going to respond anyway. If I'm being respectful then there shouldn't be an issue, I doubt there's anyone who can't handle what I'm saying if they can't handle what I normally have to say.

I don't care if I get a warning, what I have to say is more important than that, since the views being expressed here are the type of views that got me into people. People that share the same kind of views as Shisho actually. So please allow me to make a case for me dear friend.

Please learn to understand no one hates this character for being gay. People hate that they announced it the way they did

please just learn to listen to that part of people reasons
It was. But for some reason, nobody seems to know that nobody is criticising a character for being gay. But when people are criticising how it was handled, some people seem to think that it also includes criticising that the character is gay, which nobody is doing.
No one's saying that people hate 76 for being gay it. I'm talking about the subtext here. Since yeah, in a perfect world it'd be great if people didn't even have to celebrate being gay in some kind of "normal" way. But there's a good reason why people do since the fight for rights and representation continues to this day.
Do you think we care if the character is gay or not
Yes. You guys care to some degree otherwise you guys wouldn't bother to keep mentioning it, often times over the practice at hand.

Do you think we care if the character is gay or not, or do we think they're pandering to your specific interests as marketing bait in an inhumane sort of way?
I don't see how it's inhumane, maybe low effort, but not inhumane. There's actual inhumane things to come from the market that the same people that complain about this don't bother to acknowledge.

Be honest here, Shish is, and obviously not fond on that but hey it is what it is. In any forum site, people can easily act wild here, because there's just text.
Words can be harmful, doesn't really make any sense to say that they don't when an example of them having to be silenced was just displayed. Why would you even need moderation if text couldn't harm anyone?

With that being said, yeah, Shisho's just pretty blunt TBH. Subtly is not his specialty. I still agree with him though>

Because it's somebody's OPINION? And that was never what I even stated, I dont think you even know what the LGBT community wants or needs either to be honest. And again, I already clarify my opinions a lot. No more stuff to say here.
Not good when you back up your own argument with "well its an opinion". It doesn't really say anything, especially when opinions can be ill informed.

There is no one LGBT community as I stated, heck often times those letters are bigoted towards eachother or even self loathing. But I'm certain that Shish is well informed on what helps and doesn't help LGBT people. But he's probably not as comfortable as I am, especially having the orientation he does in the country he lives in.

Actually, I will think it is a bit forced as well, but compared to having a same sex lover, I think it will be more of cliche, I know it sounds weird but again bro, not sure how many times I have to say this, this is just how I felt on this. You can definitely agree to disagree rather than keep assuming others having problem with LGBT.
Okay, this is the kind of thing that would formerly get me into to trouble. When you express a certain viewpoint that may seem homophobic to someone, don't brush it off as just not being homophobic. As often times what you're saying may not be read the way you mean it. I don't think you want people to think you're just brushing off homophobic beliefs.

All in all, hey @Shishœ @Prince Alucard , when it comes to LGBT in general I'm in the same boat as you guys and I get what are you guys trying to say. But if I have to be honest here, after reading more and more of your replies to @NonSpecificGuy . No offense but now I feel this is just opinion shoving at this point...
How convenient that opinions were an issue in this case. The whole reason I'm bothering to discuss this is so people know why people like Shisho get so upset with certain opinions.
It's unfortunate that people had to do what is effectively damage control in the 60s-90s because of things that happened in 1800s-1950s, but that's what I meant when I said such things were "necessary".
It goes further back then that and still continues to this day. I guess part of my whole point is that thinking that LGBT people just have it easy now is dangerous, especially depending on location. Even I, who's pretty secure, lives in Southern California, have plenty of struggles because of how people treat my sexuality.

But you're right, there's no such thing as the "LGBT Community", just like there's no such thing as a "Straight Community" (now, race, that's a little more complicated, even then, they aren't one big homogeneous hivemind).
[/QUOTE]
People of a certain race aren't a community either. There's populations of people that make up a certain race, but it's pretty arbitrary in the long term, even within human history where we formerly had much more variety. Though a lot of that is still in us.

I didn't mean "Gay people should act normal (straight)", what I meant was "Straight people should stop acting like non-straight people are abnormal".
Right, but it's hard for them to understand that unless it's explained to them what's wrong in their line of thinking. Much like what I'm doing right now.

If you mean me, the discussion did get me to reevaluate the points I was making, moreso in trying to make what I was trying to say more clear.

Like I said before, I actually think we agree on said points (albeit for different reasons and purposes).
To be a bit candid, I grew up in that... ugh... wonderful period of time where homosexuality was still considered a character trait to be made fun of in the school yard (went to a Boy's Private School); while I am straight, I didn't project much of an air of sexuality, didn't often engage in conversations about the subject, and claimed to "not be ready for girls" when directly asked about it, obviously my peers took that to me "well, obviously he's gay", and was bullied for it (mostly in the form of ostracisation and name-calling).

So I do have a taste of what it's like to be treated badly because of one's sexuality, and it's something I'd rather went away.
The thing is the schoolyards are still like that, hell many circles of full grown adults are like that. Hence why sexuality still is a big deal for many people. Hence why you have gay pride parades.

Heck, that's what this whole discussion reminds me of. From my perspective what some of you guys are saying is comparable to people who complain about gay pride parades and stuff like that. Like a gay person expressing themselves, saying "I'm gay" is some sort of sin.

D

Deleted member

That's sad. I recently got to the point where Stain becomes a key villain. Was hoping he'd be special.
That's not to say it's bad. It's just, the least good imo. All the other arcs have moments that make me love it so much but this one focuses too much on Iida and Stain: two characters I really don't care about. It adds a lot to the world of the series and it's a big turning point still so don't let my preferences turn your hype down

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well I don’t really watch any anime that take place in a school so... not really.
Aw geez, how do I explain Makoto's character.

She's prim and proper, while also incredibly dorky because she lacks social interaction.
Also her Awakening is... it's something all right (I'll let you wonder about what exactly that means). ;)
KMDP KMDP MHA related stuff...
I was looking up fan art of MHA, and I stumbled upon this by accident. I know it's kind of a spoiler since it's in the manga and equivalent to events in the upcoming s4 (and I say that as someone who hasn't even gotten to s3 yet, nor finished s2) but this panel really stuck out to me:

Seems like he took a level in humility.
I wish I didn't stumble on it by accident, but I'm still just as excited as I was before concerning anticipating Bakugou's character development.
This is why I found calling Bakugou an antagonist funny (it wasn't a personal attack, more an observation of his early portrayal versus the person he becomes).

He never truly loses his edge (because then he wouldn't be Bakugou anymore), but that particular panel is the culmination of everything he's gone through in the series up to that point (though it's obviously not the end).

Depending on how they play Season 4, this might even be a Season 5 moment.
What the hell? Gentle and La Brava are such great villains, that arc is great just by them existing.

Actually, if I had to rank the anime arcs so far
Training Camp>Hideout Raid>Provisional License Exams>Sports Festival>End of Terms>USJ>Hero Killer>Introduction(the first eps up until the start of USJ)

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Stain tbh
Oh, I'm not saying I think the Culture Festival is bad, just that there are some people who think so.

I loved the Culture Festival, and it has, by far, one of my favourite moments in the entire series.
One word: "WAAAH!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's not to say it's bad. It's just, the least good imo. All the other arcs have moments that make me love it so much but this one focuses too much on Iida and Stain: two characters I really don't care about. It adds a lot to the world of the series and it's a big turning point still so don't let my preferences turn your hype down
I have the polar opposite opinion as your's. I like Stain the most, but only because the other villains weren't that great or honestly that memorable. And Stain himself hardly even has much screentime.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
remember when people thought sakurai bought that model kit for a character other than inkling? you know the mech with a gun?

yeah no that was purely for inkling
Or he just likes figures. Not everything the man does HAS to do with Smash.

But...

But he's the best one....
I like him enough as a Villain. Also helps that Iida and Todoroki are my favorites of the MHA cast. Still one of my favorite arcs.

D

Deleted member

But...

But he's the best one....
Did you mean: literally any League of Villains member or Gentle?
I have the polar opposite opinion as your's. I like Stain the most, but only because the other villains weren't that great or honestly that memorable. And Stain himself hardly even has much screentime.
I think the League of Villains really starts to grow with the Overhaul arc. I already liked them before but I have no doubts this next season is what will make many jump onto the Villain ship.
Because, honestly, yeah, they haven't had much time to show how they truly are.

Shigaraki still suffers from first impressions the same way Bakugo does, which is a shame because he's such a well-written villain if you read into his character for more than just his actions.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Aw geez, how do I explain Makoto's character.

She's prim and proper, while also incredibly dorky because she lacks social interaction.
Also her Awakening is... it's something all right (I'll let you wonder about what exactly that means). ;)

This is why I found calling Bakugou an antagonist funny (it wasn't a personal attack, more an observation of his early portrayal versus the person he becomes).

He never truly loses his edge (because then he wouldn't be Bakugou anymore), but that particular panel is the culmination of everything he's gone through in the series up to that point (though it's obviously not the end).

Depending on how they play Season 4, this might even be a Season 5 moment.

Oh, I'm not saying I think the Culture Festival is bad, just that there are some people who think so.

I loved the Culture Festival, and it has, by far, one of my favourite moments in the entire series.
One word: "WAAAH!"
I was hoping she’d be close to my personality, oh well.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Since I don’t have anything to contribute to the MHA discussion, I guess I’ll watch a YouTube video or two and head to sleep for the night. Catch y’all later!

D

Deleted member

Since I don’t have anything to contribute to the MHA discussion, I guess I’ll watch a YouTube video or two and head to sleep for the night. Catch y’all later!
The only reason why I even have anything to contribute is because my not-boyfriend is a weeb.

D

Deleted member

Even reptilian Stain?
Stain Fanboy #204 is a good lizard. Honestly kinda interested in what direction they'll go with him since
His last appearance made it very clear his ideals don't align at all with the league. While everyone grew closer and found a new reason to be in the league, he seems to focused on following Stain's ideals while everyone else just does whatever they need to.
Me smellz a Heel-Face Turn or a Redemption Equals Death scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom