• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so heres the current assist trophies that could have gotten upgraded list*
*im counting the ones cut from brawl that i think could be playable

Isaac
Ray 03
Grey Fox
Barbara
Tingle
Ashley
Saki Amamiya
Dark Samus
Dillon
Isabelle(could be an Echo fighter of Villager)
Skull kid
Kat & Ana(could be an Echo fighter of Ice Climbers)
Magnus
Phosphora
Shadow the hedgehog(could be an Echo fighter of Sonic)

EDIT:
good bye girahim

Last edited:

Androobie

Banned via Warnings

Isaac
Ray 03
Grey Fox
Barbara
Tingle
Ashley
Saki Amamiya
Dark Samus
Dillon
Girahim
Skull kid
Magnus
Phosphora
Dillon would actually be a really cool fighter, especially with all the crazy s*** in his new 3DS game. I’d love to see him added in the future.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Oh, btw, I currently count 74 stages confirmed today spread across all the trailers and footage we've seen, only three of which are new. All with Battlefield forms.

Plus, you know, the confirmed Stage Hazards toggle that was in full effect during the tournament.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok you know what pisses me off

People that know the order of operations, but think that Multiplication is done BEFORE Division

Multiplication and Division are the same step

All multiplication problems can be turned into division and vice versa

Chrono.

TRIGGER x Arc System Works collab incoming.
Oh, btw, I currently count 74 stages confirmed today spread across all the trailers and footage we've seen, only three of which are new. All with Battlefield forms.

Plus, you know, the confirmed Stage Hazards toggle that was in full effect during the tournament.
GameXplain has 75 counted so far, so one of y'all is off by one.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

GameXplain has 75 counted so far, so one of y'all is off by one.

What am I missing?

NEW STAGES

1 New Donk City
2 Great Plateau
3 Moray Towers

WII U STAGES

4 Mario Circuit
5 Mario Galaxy
6 Mushroom Kingdom U
7 Skyloft
8 Palutena's Temple
9 Great Cave Offensive
10 Kalos Pokemon League
11 Coliseum
12 Flat Zone X
13 Garden of Hope
14 Town & City
15 Boxing Ring
16 Wii Fit Studio
17 Guar Plain
18 Duck Hunt
19 Pilot Wings
20 Wuhu Island
21 Wrecking Crew
22 Umbra Clock Tower
23 Wily's Castle
24 Suzaku Castle
25 PAC-LAND
26 Midgar

3DS STAGES

27 Gerudo Valley
28 Spirit Train
29 Reset Bomb Forest
30 Unova Pokemon League
31 Prism Tower
32 Magicant
33 Arena Ferox
34 Tortimer Island
35 Pictochat 2
36 Tomodachi Life
37 Find Mii
38 Living Room
39 Balloon Fight

BRAWL STAGES

40 Mushroomy Kingdom
41 Luigi's Mansion
42 Mario Circuit (Brawl)
43 Wario Ware
44 Bridge of Eldin
45 Frigate Orpheon
46 Halberd
47 Lylat Cruise
48 Pokemon Stadium 2
49 Spear Pillar
50 Port Town Aero Drive
51 New Pork City
52 Castle Siege
53 Summit
54 Distant Planet
55 Shadow Moses Island
56 Green Hill Zone

MELEE STAGES

57 Princess Peach's Castle
58 Mushroom Kingdom II
59 Yoshi's Story
60 Kongo Falls
61 Jungle Japes
62 Hyrule Temple
63 Great Bay
64 Green Greens
65 Corneria
66 Venom
67 Pokemon Stadium
68 Big Blue
69 Onett
70 Fourside

N64 STAGES

71 Yoshi's Island
72 Hyrule Castle
73 Dream Land
74 Saffron City

Chrono.

What am I missing?

NEW STAGES

1 New Donk City
2 Great Plateau
3 Moray Towers

WII U STAGES

4 Mario Circuit
5 Mario Galaxy
6 Mushroom Kingdom U
7 Skyloft
8 Palutena's Temple
9 Great Cave Offensive
10 Kalos Pokemon League
11 Coliseum
12 Flat Zone X
13 Garden of Hope
14 Town & City
15 Boxing Ring
16 Wii Fit Studio
17 Guar Plain
18 Duck Hunt
19 Pilot Wings
20 Wuhu Island
21 Wrecking Crew
22 Umbra Clock Tower
23 Wily's Castle
24 Suzaku Castle
25 PAC-LAND
26 Midgar

3DS STAGES

27 Gerudo Valley
28 Spirit Train
29 Reset Bomb Forest
30 Unova Pokemon League
31 Prism Tower
32 Magicant
33 Arena Ferox
34 Tortimer Island
35 Pictochat 2
36 Tomodachi Life
37 Find Mii
38 Living Room
39 Balloon Fight

BRAWL STAGES

40 Mushroomy Kingdom
41 Luigi's Mansion
42 Mario Circuit (Brawl)
43 Wario Ware
44 Bridge of Eldin
45 Frigate Orpheon
46 Halberd
47 Lylat Cruise
48 Pokemon Stadium 2
49 Spear Pillar
50 Port Town Aero Drive
51 New Pork City
52 Castle Siege
53 Summit
54 Distant Planet
55 Shadow Moses Island
56 Green Hill Zone

MELEE STAGES

57 Princess Peach's Castle
58 Mushroom Kingdom II
59 Yoshi's Story
60 Kongo Falls
61 Jungle Japes
62 Hyrule Temple
63 Great Bay
64 Green Greens
65 Corneria
66 Venom
67 Pokemon Stadium
68 Big Blue
69 Onett
70 Fourside

N64 STAGES

71 Yoshi's Island
72 Hyrule Castle
73 Dream Land
74 Saffron City
Oh you didn't count Battlefield and FD.

So it's GameXplain the ones that are off then.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Isaac
Ray 03
Grey Fox
Barbara
Tingle
Ashley
Saki Amamiya
Dark Samus
Dillon
Skull kid
Magnus
Phosphora

EDIT:
good bye girahim
Where did you see Ghirahim?

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...aracter-thread-smash-ultimate-edition.455110/ You can also post any you find that aren't already in the second post there. That'll help a lot. :)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I still find surreal that we went from zero info about the game's content to seeing +70 stages and the entire veteran roster in just a day.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My cat just got off her medicine and she's having the same problem she went on the medicine for.

She didn't show symptoms until the day she stopped it

D

Deleted member

If they can pick Daisy as an echo fighter, they can do the same with Raichu. Done deal.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This game has a LOT of love put into it for everyone. Not even just balance changes but stuff like Wario getting a shoulder bash, ****mothering Ridley, OoT Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus not being a generic supermodel or so some **** and her new final Smash, Masked ****ing Dedede, christ

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So when is Smashboards going to update and get the sexy SSBU renders everywhere? :D

D

Deleted member

Kon'nichiwa! This is your girl, Grandma Shizuka, speaking telepathically through Kaiō-sama from Other World. Time for me to share some random thoughts...

• While I generally liked Dragon Ball Z until the end of the Frieza saga the most, the Androids and Cell Games chapters were not too bad. While I was catching up, I was able to see the Majin Buu and Evil Buu seasons for the very first time and was really entertained. By the end of last month, I watched all 291 episodes of Dragon Ball Z. Yatta!
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is sure to be one for the record books. Told y'all the character roster is not dissimilar to Tekken Tag Tournament 2! Besides the fact that my beloved :4peach:, :rosalina:, and especially :4bayonetta2: are set to return, I was quite surprised that Daisy is playable this time. Fourth main incoming! And no, I am not following E3. Now, I like video game entertainment, but not that much.
  • Does anyone else here play the Soul Calibur series? While I did put away my video games when spring officially started, this game series caught my attention especially with the Create-A-Soul nuance. It turns out this is far superior to Mii Fighter creation. I picked up Soul Calibur 2 a couple months ago, Soul Calibur 3 last month, and both Soul Calibur 4 and Soul Calibur 5 this month. Now, let me tell y'all a little bit about my custom character. She is based on yours truly: African-American, has old lady voice clips, wears a pink Chinese dress, and employs Soul of Sophitia or Soul of Cassandra at random. Her name is Lady Haruka (which my username here will be soon since I plan on buying premium membership). I even took that same model, swapped the dress for a geisha's kimono, gave her the Soul of Setsuka, and named her Android 57 in honor of the Androids and, of course, me turning 57 in a couple months. In the case of Soul Calibur 5, they use the Soul of Elysium and Soul of Alpha Patroklos, respectively. That will be enough about that; I have stowed away my "new" games with my other ones until autumn. That said, I do anticipate that Soul Calibur 6 will not disappoint.
  • Recently, I signed up to the 8WayRun forums since Soul Calibur appealed to me so much. They could use a censor mechanism, though, since SmashBoards had the right idea of implementing one.
  • @ShinyLegendary: What's up, man? Just dropping by to wish you a happy birthday...
    Might not be enough candles, but you can assume each candle represents 1.3636 years (or the star representing the missing four years).

So****e... I better get going. East Kai has me as an assistant trainer and hopefully we will win the next Other World tournament. Seems that my preaching of gospel and her intense training regimen have quite the synergy. I shall be released from Other World when the autumnal equinox occurs (Saturday, September 22 at 9:54 pm), not a microsecond earlier. Until then, sayonara! :kirby:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Yeah, he never came off as a coward to me. Not the main Toad. Sure, the cartoon version and there's obviously cowardly Toads in other media/games, but the main one is brave.

...Which makes me think it's just another "nope, Toad isn't playable" scenario. Dang. :urg:
Well, Daisy has Blue Toad. We are still missing Yellow Toad, so maybe they'll be playable instead. :v

So, how many Pichu mains do we have here?

Who is super excited about the return of Pichu?
*Raises hand*

I get to kick some ass with Pichu again.

Reminder that Kumatora and Boney are in smash now as a part of a Final Smash
Boney is cute AF and Kumatora is super cool to see in 3D here.
:061:
Poor Duster though.

Unless Duster is an assist trophy now
I'd love that.

I just noticed the Icies don't change with the costumes.

Unless it's just a CSS quirk, you might be only controlling Popo this time around.
But, I always lead with Nana, dang it...

There you go guys Sinnoh confirmed hahaha.

That's cool. Now give him a Brendam alt.

This game will have even more DLC than the last one. That DLC was a massive success and nobody even owned a Wii U.
That's if Sakurai wants to keep working on it post launch.

All Pokemon Trainer alts are references, it's pretty neat.

Red gets Gold, Lucas and Calem

Leaf gets Emerald May, Lyra and Ultra Moon

Leaf's alts being based on third version/remake playable trainers is a neat touch considering Leaf herself came from a remake (I mean so is the male PT but shhhh.)

And yeah I know he's not "really" Red but, simplicity's sake.

EDIT: Made a mistake with one of the alts. It's actually Lyra and not Rosa. No Gen 5 colors.
Nice. But no Serena alt for Leaf. though? :sadeyes:

Well I guess but who could they even add this time? Just third parties maybe?
There's still plenty of 1st parties they could add. Plus Ballot gives them data on who to add.

I’m looking at the Zelda time line cause I’m thinking of my Zelda game and I didn’t realise that Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons,Oracle of Ages and Link’s Awakening are all the same Link.
That is the biggest mark against, honestly.

This is a plothole ridden retcon that still drives me up a wall years after it was made official.
I ignore it, cause honestly, its the only that makes a timeline that actually works somewhat, fall apart. Though I never liked the 3 way spilt at all.

Isn't this pretty much the official timeline in a nutshell.
More like cop out the timeline.

See first rule I learned about playing Zelda is to ignore the timeline.
Trust me it will not effect the way you play these games if anything they become better as you're not trying to put the pieces together.

As someone playing through Hyrule Warriors right now I can tell you the crash course of Zelda lore isn't worth it. Not even for the sexy fish people.
It is if you have fun with theorising about Zelda. :)

Though most theorising I do for Zelda, doesn't involve the timeline, since the more interesting stuff is outside of the timeline stuff.

BOTW just kind of ****s on the timeline.

It really doesn't matter to be honest. Not anymore.
Unless the BOTW is where everything converges. :V

They never designed the Zelda games with a timeline in mind, and everything you see is simply retroactive.

I wouldn’t put much faith in it, and I honestly never understood why so many other Zelda fans went nuts over the timeline in the first place.

It's like trying to make a timeline of Mario or Kirby games. I figured they were their own thing and occasionally had winks and nods to other titles unless they were direct sequels like Majora's Mask or Phantom Hourglass.
Mainly cause its fun, that's why theorising happens.

To a degree. But up until the downfall timeline retcon, the franchise actually did have a pretty clear intended timeline. The problem was that the two men in charge for most of the franchise's life, Miyamoto and Anouma, have two very different ideologies that never quite gelled, and they were in a constant tug-of-war with each other.

Miyamoto oversaw the LoZ to OoT era, and the timeline was crystal clear OoT - Alttp - LA - Loz - AoL.

Anouma took over after that, and things got a bit more confusing with Wind Waker, but there was still an intended timeline wherein Wind Waker was an alternate future caused by the Hero of Time, and everything else was the "true" timeline. Then FSA happened, and Miyamoto basically threw a hissy fit that Anouma was daring to create a game that took place between OoT and AlttP. This isn't some crazy conspiracy theory, this is a real documented event and really shines a light on why The Happy Mask Man was supposedly based on Miyamoto, for his tendency to be all smiles one minute and then be pissed the next.

Anouma was left with broken pieces with no solution, but he still tried to do what he could with them. Even TP was designed originally to fill the same purpose FSA was, to bridge the gap between OoT and AlttP. But ultimately Miyamoto was having none of that, and that's why we got some stupid three way time travel multiverse bull**** in what is at it's heart a very straight forward fantasy story about an elf fighting a pig wizard.
That's precisely because of Miyamoto, and exactly what I was talking about.

The ending of OoT, wherein Ganondorf is sealed into the Sacred Realm with one third of the Triforce, and the beginning of A Link to the Past, wherein Ganon is sealed in the Dark World with all three pieces of the Triforce, do not actually line up well enough for OoT to be a true retelling of the Imprisoning War, as was Miyamoto's original intention.

Anouma saw this inconsistency as a branching off point, and Wind Waker was written as a direct sequel to OoT. It massively severs the connection between OoT and AlttP for obvious reasons, including the flooding of Hyrule and the death of Ganon.

But Anouma wasn't flying blind. He had a plan. Shortly after the release of WW, an updated port of AlttP released on Gameboy, and included the Four Swords game. The actual Four Swords game was really just a side story and didn't tie in to the overarching narrative, but one seemingly minor change to the main AlttP game had huge story potential.

Inside the Sacred Realm, located deep in the Pyramid of Power, you can find the shattered remnants of the Four Sword.

Because when this port was released, Anouma was already in the stages of writing Four Swords Adventure, which was designed to tell the true story of the Imprisoning War and serve as a direct connection between WW and AlttP. The map of FSA is extremely similar to AlttP, even in its final released form. It was even moreso originally. With one obvious difference. It's partially flooded. The implication is clear. This is the transitioning point between the flooded Hyrule of WW and the dry Hyrule of AlttP.

And as you pointed out, we have the introduction of a NEW Ganon, one which uses the weapon the AlttP Ganon was most known for, and at the end of the game, he's sealed within the Four Sword itself.

All the pieces are there for a complete, coherent narrative.

But Miyamoto vetoed the entire thing, very late into production. In his mind, OoT is the Imprisoning War and the backstory to AlttP, period, end of discussion. So the final released version of FSA rewrote some things, changed some maps around, and positioned itself as a side story in all the marketing. As per Miyamoto's wishes.

By all accounts, Anouma tried again with TP and the very concept of a timeline split to better connect OoT with AlttP, but yet again, Miyamoto didn't like the idea. So instead we got what the "official" Timeline said. A threeway timeline split.
Showing my age a bit here, but for a long time in the timeline theorizing community, even though the story of Miyamoto changing FSA's story was well documented and proven, we still held on to the belief that the game was, in fact, the Imprisoning War, Miyamoto be damned. Because it didn't then, and still doesn't now, make sense any other way, even with the changes made to FSA to make it NOT the Imprisoning War.
I have to ask, do you have sources for all this? One is cause I like to see documented design notes of game designers.

And well, lately I've seen a problem of people saying Miyamoto said this, when in fact, he never actually did.

Isaac
Ray 03
Grey Fox
Barbara
Tingle
Ashley
Saki Amamiya
Dark Samus
Dillon
Skull kid
Magnus
Phosphora

EDIT:
good bye girahim
Why you gotta give me hope on Ray man? Stop giving me hope, I don't like having to smother it every time.

Please Studio Trigger fighting game. Please, please, please.

Mario.

And no, that isn't my Mario bias speaking at all, :v

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly one of the things that excites me the most is alt costumes. I always forget Pikachu is in the game because I only know one guy who plays him and he didn't like his 4 iteration but I might want to try and learn how to be decent with Pikachu just because of that Libre alt

Starlight_Lily

Just a small observation, but all the DLC that were newcomers are in the E3 demo. Wonder if that could mean anything.

Edit: Oh, yeah. I completely forgot to mention this in regards to Leaf being a alt in Smash.

FINALLY, somebody remembered Leaf. If Game Freak won't remember you, at least Sakurai did.

TT__TT

^
These are tears of joy by the way.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Fierce Deity alt for Link is back, so it seems I'm all set!

I am curious as to how ZSS's alts are going to look. Proper JB alt? Black shorts? Her white training clothes? Sakurai pls!

Starlight_Lily

Hmm, looking at Ness Final Smash there, is it just me, or does it seem like they added in the aesthetic for PK Freeze in there?

Cause if so, its cool that they got the aesthetics of both Paula's and Poo's strongest PSI moves in there.

And well, if PSI Rockin is in there to, that's even better. Cause its referencing the strongest moves players have access to in Earthbound.

Edit: Oh neat, Jigglypuffy's Final Smash finally does damage.

Also, we still got the SS Link alt? Cause we now seem to have pants less Link alt. Come on Sakurai, where's our pants less Marth ak>

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still don't get why people say the Zelda timeline doesn't make sense beause of the 3-way split. Like, alternate timelines are a thing.

Starlight_Lily

Hmm, I seem to have spotted a difference between Peach and Daisy, the way the Toads react are different.

Also, if we go by the numbering of the official site, it seems that Pichu was added to Melee before Falco.

Though, I know the data from Melee will probably tell a different story.

Oh, Roy's trailer makes it look like he can summon Lyn in his counter.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still don't get why people say the Zelda timeline doesn't make sense beause of the 3-way split. Like, alternate timelines are a thing.
The timeline doesn't matter in Smash because all of the characters are trophies anyway.

And even if they aren't, it's a crossover with no relevance to Zelda canon.

D

Deleted member

The timeline doesn't matter in Smash because all of the characters are trophies anyway.

And even if they aren't, it's a crossover with no relevance to Zelda canon.
I don't see how Smash is relevant to Zelda canon

Starlight_Lily

I find its less, it doesn't make sense, and more people find it to be a complete cop out answer. Outside of the timeline saying Oracle Link and Zelda are ALTTP Link and Zelda, despite the Oracle games clearly stating that when they meet, its the first time Oracle Link and Zelda meet.

Also, I have to ask, why exactly does Boney show up in Lucas's Final Smash? I get why Kumatora is there, but Boney I don't get, cause Boney literally has no powers in the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I find its less, it doesn't make sense, and more people find it to be a complete cop out answer.
It's more comcise than most other timelines I've seen
*Cough*superherocomics*cough*

Also, I have to ask, why exactly does Boney show up in Lucas's Final Smash? I get why Kumatora is there, but Boney I don't get, cause Boney literally has no powers in the game.
Cute doggo

Burruni

Smash Hero
Because it's not a timeline at that point but a multiverse chart.
The working theory up to Hyrule Historia was a two-prong timeline that diverges from OoT. The "Future" where there's no Link and Ganondorf is sealed in the Sacred realm, and the "past" where Link returns to after his journey back before he first met Zelda and stops Ganondorf's plan from ever being executed. Two paths made from the effects of the same journey.
"Link dies" can't happen in the same journey where he finishes the game, ergo it's no longer one, split, timeline because of that contradiction.

Starlight_Lily

It's more comcise than most other timelines I've seen
*Cough*superherocomics*cough*
How would you know about comic timelines, though, your a weeb. :v

Cute doggo
Well, yes I'm glad he's there to, but, Kumatora makes sense cause she's the one who learns PK Starstorm. Boney's use in the game is to find enemy weakness, with his sniff ability, and most players otherwise end up using him as the one to use high damaging items with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom