• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Also I got my first Legend Spirit, Claus.

Battle was kinda dark if you know the Mother 3 story though.

You fight him as regular "Claus" at first and he's real easy, barely fights back if at all.

Once you "kill him" he comes back as "Masked Man" which is just Metal Lucas with a Beam Sabre equipped at all times and now you gotta fight to the death.

It's pretty neat how creative these can get.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Honestly I don’t count the persona one and I really don’t think Nintendo does either. Some super small spinoff that literally just came out might as well not exist at all. No casual audience will know about it, just persona fans.

Not to mention that the implications we’ve seen so far suggest dlc was probably planned very early on since they already have the characters finalized before the game had released. Considering that they have new companies involved that’s a lot of contracts which would need to be drafted a few months in advance plus while jokers trailer is quick and simple it still needed to be made before now so it could be used at the game awards.

Which imo means if anything joker was locked for this game way before q2 was locked for a 3ds. Just because the time, effort and contracts would take a bit of work. I could be wrong but I’d wager q2 is probably only a3ds title so they can Lowkey promote joker. He likely came first.

Which does change the field. Where a series debuted which ultimately ties back to consoles, does not matter. Something we could kind of make a connection for with cloud, but joker is much more apparent. His Nintendo connection is super slim compared to clouds in terms of his own series.

So the bottom line is. Console wars still basically mean nothing and I’m going to actually guess here, that the reason why the three company heads have a better connection this year is probably tied to smash something no one would see coming.

Both don’t and Microsoft have reps no one would expect even though they want them. They bring crash and Steve/banjo. All unique and gaming icons that no one could predict.

I’m still shocked there isn’t a playable crash in smash yet. I’ve been saying this but I’ll continue, I really feel hesngot a great chance this time and deserves to happen due to his icon status.

Now as for Phoenix, I wouldn’t say he’s predictable or expected. He has huge fan demand but the capcom fanbades right now are split between him, dante, and monster hunter. With monster hunter seemingly getting the most support from capcom fans due to the content it has.

However I’m in the boat that if all that monster hunter content happened base game with no character, then it means there’s probably a reason and we likely won’t see the hunter.

I think if capcom gets a rep it’s down to Phoenix vs a resident evil character. I’m be exited for either though. Both would be well received but unexpected picks
I feel like this argument is inherently flawed by implying Sony owns Crash.

Or that Crash and Banjo would be an even remotely unexpected choices considering they've literally been the most spammed third party characters of the entire Smash Ultimate speculation cycle and people have been citing Cloud as a reason they'll happen for a long while now.

Or that any of the characters listed are even all that unique and different in the first place considering that's a factor.

Hell, I don't know, these examples of all these doors Joker has supposedly opened ironically feel like they've been a whole lot more predictable and frankly kind of boring from Day 1 than Joker ever could have been.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ya know, maybe my opinion will change later, but I'm really digging WoL & Spirit Board.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just got back from Spiderverse.
Anyone who calls themselves a Spider-Man fan should watch it, it's a huge love letter to the franchise.
And stay right until the very end, easily my favourite post-credits scene

Hell yeah, this is just a huge comeback for Sony animation, and this also shows that even animation studios like Sony Animation can eventually make a good animation movie (Dreamworks you have How To Train Your Dragon, and Blue Sky you have Peanuts movie), they used to have mostly meh animation movie... and last year they have probably the worst animation movie... , Illumination studio should really take notes since they are also working the Mario movie.

And here's a spoiler without context on that post-credit scene:

I also finally unlocked all the characters...
The last fighter was :ultpalutena:... something tells me this was intentional, the stage she was in was huge and since she was the last one to unlock... gosh she was a pain to KO...

And coincidentally... All Kid Icarus series characters took me more than one try.

Now with the TGA just ended not too long ago, I don't think it's that late to talk about it even more:
  • I was slightly exaggerated when I said most of the TGA winners were crap. Obviously they aren't but like how I already mention that XC2 didn't even get nominated already killed the hype for me greatly so I didn't really care too much on the winners or the award itself. What was the most disappointing was the Best Score Music, Octopath Traveler could have easily won the award (Or XC2 ost to be exact)
  • MUA 3 was announced and I found it funny how some said it looks like or mobile port, or being salty that it's exclusively for the Switch. Sure the graphics do look more downgrade than MUA2 but as long as the gameplay is better than the previous ones, I don't see the reason to complain here.
  • This is very pitiful for me that I have to stop watching TGA at the time...and didn't saw Joker Smash reveal LIVE... I was still shocked nonetheless but on one hand it was somewhat expected for me at least. So... I gotta take the L that I used say that Sora is unlikely to be another SE rep for Smash but now I think Sora as another SE rep is greatly boosted.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Hell yeah, this is just a huge comeback for Sony animation, and this also shows that even animation studios like Sony Animation can eventually make a good animation movie (Dreamworks you have How To Train Your Dragon, and Blue Sky you have Peanuts movie), they used to have mostly meh animation movie... and last year they have probably the worst animation movie... , Illumination studio should really take notes since they are also working the Mario movie.

And here's a spoiler without context on that post-credit scene:

I also finally unlocked all the characters...
The last fighter was :ultpalutena:... something tells me this was intentional, the stage she was in was huge and since she was the last one to unlock... gosh she was a pain to KO...

And coincidentally... All Kid Icarus series characters took me more than one try.

Now with the TGA just ended not too long ago, I don't think it's that late to talk about it even more:
  • I was slightly exaggerated when I said most of the TGA winners were crap. Obviously they aren't but like how I already mention that XC2 didn't even get nominated already killed the hype for me greatly so I didn't really care too much on the winners or the award itself. What was the most disappointing was the Best Score Music, Octopath Traveler could have easily won the award (Or XC2 ost to be exact)
  • MUA 3 was announced and I found it funny how some said it looks like or mobile port, or being salty that it's exclusively for the Switch. Sure the graphics do look more downgrade than MUA2 but as long as the gameplay is better than the previous ones, I don't see the reason to complain here.
  • This is very pitiful for me that I have to stop watching TGA at the time...and didn't saw Joker Smash reveal LIVE... I was still shocked nonetheless but on one hand it was somewhat expected for me at least. So... I gotta take the L that I used say that Sora is unlikely to be another SE rep for Smash but now I think Sora as another SE rep is greatly boosted.
How dare you

You stole best boy Alfyn from me! LOL

And H'aanit's taken, too... I am heartbroken :laugh:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Man I hope Cloud isn’t the last character I unlock! I have 13 left.
Luckily for me I got him today, and once I got my mains like :ultike:, :ultrosalina:and:ultcloud:, I finish unlocking all characters today. Sure it was still a hassle when I take on some like :ultdarkpit:and :ultbowserjr:(<<still dislike him and don't judge me lol) but no character took me more than 3 tries.
Cloud really plays nearly exactly like Ike ahould have.
Not sure what do you mean by this lol, I feel Ike is slightly buffed this time around and Cloud is slightly nerfed, especially his neutral air.
How dare you

You stole best boy Alfyn from me! LOL

And H'aanit's taken, too... I am heartbroken :laugh:
Alfyn's my first pick so that's why lol.
There's still Oberic, Ophillia, Therion and Tressa though lol, take your pick.

Sidenote: I just order a philip screw driver because my 13 year old Gamecube controller right trigger doesn't feel right, gonna open it and check what's wrong.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Been playing lotsa Ultimate. Hot take, it has the worst online out of recent triple A games, I've yet to fight a 1on1 battle despite it being on my selected rules. It's such a shame that a great game like thid has a lackluster online matchmaking.

Either way, I'm having lots of fun with it! Spirits are really interesting, but I've yet to get a 4 star primary spirit, making many battles impossible. Heck, I got Pyra on the spirits board but she bodied the hell out of me for not having fire immunity and, well, not having enough level to actually do damage lol. Still, slow and steady, I'm making my way through world of light.

Also encountered a funny glitch, but I don't know if I'll be able to replicate. It was with Ken and I did a true shoryuken, but it got countered by a Mii Swordfighter. The funny thing was that he kept the fire effect on his fist after it, and it kept like that until I did another shoryuken. Still, I saved the replay to see if I can replicate it somehow.

If anyone wants to have some online matches, tell me, I'm eager to have some online matches! My friend code is on the left, you guys can add me if you want.

D

Deleted member

I'm telling you guys, if you can, complain as much as you need about the online. It's still early in the game's lifespan which means they can fix it if the fan outcry is big enough.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Luckily for me I got him today, and once I got my mains like :ultike:, :ultrosalina:and:ultcloud:, I finish unlocking all characters today. Sure it was still a hassle when I take on some like :ultdarkpit:and :ultbowserjr:(<<still dislike him and don't judge me lol) but no character took me more than 3 tries.

Not sure what do you mean by this lol, I feel Ike is slightly buffed this time around and Cloud is slightly nerfed, especially his neutral air.

Alfyn's my first pick so that's why lol.
There's still Oberic, Ophillia, Therion and Tressa though lol, take your pick.

Sidenote: I just order a philip screw driver because my 13 year old Gamecube controller right trigger doesn't feel right, gonna open it and check what's wrong.
I meant Ike should be faster than he is in the game and have a projectile B move.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If anyone wants to have some online matches, tell me, I'm eager to have some online matches! My friend code is on the left, you guys can add me if you want.
Sure, I could go for a few rounds whenever you're available. Quickplay sucks so I'd like to be able to get some proper matches in.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I'm telling you guys, if you can, complain as much as you need about the online. It's still early in the game's lifespan which means they can fix it if the fan outcry is big enough.
I'm expecting them to fix it, almost all Switch games have gotten updates with lots of fixes, like Mario Tennis, Xenoblade 2, Splatoon 2... This game is going to be really different after updates, I'm sure of it.

Sure, I could go for a few rounds whenever you're available. Quickplay sucks so I'd like to be able to get some proper matches in.
Yeah, that's how I feel. I've accepted your request, so whenever you want I can hop into the online, I'll be with WoL in the meantime.

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
i havent heard of joker before his smash announcement so i looked him up today

can someone knowledgeable on persona tell me if all of the characters are this damn cute because i dont think ive ever wanted to hug a video game character before as much as i do right now

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah, that's how I feel. I've accepted your request, so whenever you want I can hop into the online, I'll be with WoL in the meantime.
Okay, I set up an arena, you or anyone else who wants in can jump in whenever. The arena's called "NZone Arena" (because I suck with names) and the password is 1537.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Okay, I set up an arena, you or anyone else who wants in can jump in whenever. The arena's called "NZone Arena" (because I suck with names) and the password is 1537.
I wonder if me spectating would affect anything with my garbage internet lol

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I got everyone!

EVERYONE IS HERE!!!
(except Mii Brawler and Mii Gunner, but I still got a message saying I got everyone so I guess the Swordfighter I got counts as all the Miis in general)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I got everyone!

EVERYONE IS HERE!!!
(except Mii Brawler and Mii Gunner, but I still got a message saying I got everyone so I guess the Swordfighter I got counts as all the Miis in general)
I don’t think the miifighters count since you don’t have to unlock them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I got everyone!

EVERYONE IS HERE!!!
You need to make Brawler and Gunner to truly have everyone...become the hero you are meant to be

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So a friend of mine Aussie1024 Aussie1024 and I came up with a Smash Ultimate first impressions tier list. We rated each character from 1-10 and then I calculated the average. Again, these are first impressions so they will probably be quite inaccurate in the long term, but it is interesting and fun anyway. Here are the results:
Top tier:
10- :ultpikachu:
9.5- :ultlucina::ultmarth::ultolimar:
9- :ultdiddy::ultmewtwo::ultyounglink:

High tier:
8.5- :ultroy::ultmetaknight::ultkrool:
8- :ultken::ultsheik::ultcloud::ultinkling::ultshulk::ultpeach::ultdaisy:, :ultchrom:
7.5- :ultness::ultsonic::ultmario::ultryu::ultlucario::ultrosalina:
7- :ultpokemontrainer::ultzss::ultsnake::ultcorrin::ultdk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultpichu::ultfalcon:

Mid tier:
6.5- :ultbayonetta::ultike::ultfalco::ultjigglypuff::ultyoshi::ultzelda:
6- :ultgreninja::ultisabelle::ultlink::ultfox::ultvillager:
5.5- :ultluigi::ulttoonlink::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ulticeclimbers::ultwario::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultganondorf:
5- :ultwolf::ultgnw::ultbowser::ultpalutena:

Low tier:
4.5- :ultlucas::ultrob:
4- Gunner, :ultdarksamus::ultrobin:
3.5- Brawler, :ultsamus::ultkirby::ultduckhunt::ultdoc:, Swordsman
3- :ultincineroar::ultridley:

Bottom tier:
2.5- :ultpacman::ultbowserjr:
2- :ultkingdedede:
1.5- :ultwiifittrainer:

Not applicable: :ultpiranha:

Characters are NOT ordered within numerical scores.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Quite certain I want to start watching Dragon Ball Z, now.

There isn't much anime that interests me, but after so long, I've been convinced that I really should watch DBZ. Setting seems interesting, as do the characters. And of course, the villains.

Been playing lotsa Ultimate. Hot take, it has the worst online out of recent triple A games, I've yet to fight a 1on1 battle despite it being on my selected rules. It's such a shame that a great game like thid has a lackluster online matchmaking.
Judging from other reactions and feedback to Ultimate's online that I've been seeing, I have to tell you that this isn't even remotely a hot take, lol.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Just like how we had those Splatoon matches

we should all really bust it out together in Smash LOL

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Quite certain I want to start watching Dragon Ball Z, now.

There isn't much anime that interests me, but after so long, I've been convinced that I really should watch DBZ. Setting seems interesting, as do the characters. And of course, the villains.

Judging from other reactions and feedback to Ultimate's online that I've been seeing, I have to tell you that this isn't even remotely a hot take, lol.
Have fun watching DBZ! I could never get into it; I hope you enjoy.
You also still need to watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood ;)

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Heh. Saying Ultimate’s online sucks isn’t anywhere close to a hot take. Glad I didn’t get the Switch online subscription.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also I got my first Legend Spirit, Claus.

Battle was kinda dark if you know the Mother 3 story though.

You fight him as regular "Claus" at first and he's real easy, barely fights back if at all.

Once you "kill him" he comes back as "Masked Man" which is just Metal Lucas with a Beam Sabre equipped at all times and now you gotta fight to the death.

It's pretty neat how creative these can get.
My favorite one I faced so far was the flying n one. We're you fight five of them one at a time along with Ness. Its a cool reference to Ness' courage in Magicant.
Basically Spirits either is a cool reference to the games there representing or annoying rng luckfest for the "challenging" ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom