• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*sees Hades on the Spirit Board*

THERE YOU ARE YOU PIECE OF TRASH

*dies in literally three hits*

*to you know, to an Ace level, which kind of makes why I was fishing for him in the first place self explainatory*

OH NO YOU FRICKING DONT

REMATCH REMATCH

*spends rematch*

*outtanks with metal+exchange speed for defense ability*

*gets*

AND SCREW YOU AND SCREW YOU

I KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE I HAVE NO REMORSE ABUSING YOUR SOUL FOR STUPID PURPOSES

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And all I have left are:

Also friend request me please
I have nobody other than dlc left

And I’ll need to friend request all and many others...after some food and sleep
*sees Hades on the Spirit Board*

THERE YOU ARE YOU PIECE OF TRASH

*dies in literally three hits*

*to you know, to an Ace level, which kind of makes why I was fishing for him in the first place self explainatory*

OH NO YOU FRICKING DONT

REMATCH REMATCH

*spends rematch*

*outtanks with metal+exchange speed for defense ability*

*gets*

AND SCREW YOU AND SCREW YOU

I KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE I HAVE NO REMORSE ABUSING YOUR SOUL FOR STUPID PURPOSES
I spammed all the way to Medusa’s course just to get Hades in my 2nd try

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
i dont think i get it. i need an explanation pretty please

1. im 8 years older than you lol
2. im gay youre a girl right
Nyna's fight had a representation of her star-crossed lover she was fated to never live her life with. . .and is on the World of Light map next to a Lover's Lake.

The Legendary Dogs (Suicune, Raikou, Entei) were once normal Pokemon that died in a fire when a Shinto-style temple burned down with them trapped inside, and became what they are now when Ho-Oh revived them.

And according to ResetERA one of the Metal Gear Spirits that has a lot of bomb themed stuff probably has said stuff because she had a bomb stuffed in her vagina, so bonus "oh boy" points there!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nyna's fight had a representation of her star-crossed lover she was fated to never live her life with. . .and is on the World of Light map next to a Lover's Lake.

The Legendary Dogs (Suicune, Raikou, Entei) were once normal Pokemon that died in a fire when a Shinto-style temple burned down with them trapped inside, and became what they are now when Ho-Oh revived them.

And according to ResetERA one of the Metal Gear Spirits that has a lot of bomb themed stuff probably has said stuff because she had a bomb stuffed in her vagina, so bonus "oh boy" points there!
Yeah Paz is a spirit that gives you a bob-omb. It’s kinda ****ed up lol

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
i didnt know pokemon had deep lore

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just got into a Spirit Board fight against the Legendary Dogs and it's Suzaku Castle but on fire.

This is up there with the Nyna fight in how dirty it is lore wise, holy hell Sakurai.
Some of the themes are pretty cool though. The theme with Captain Syrup has a Giant GB-Alt King Dedede that stands in as the Genie Final Boss from Wario Land. You have Tron Bonne who has Yellow ROBs that stand in for the Servebots.
Then you have Pauline, who's theme I hate. It is a Peach running away from you while Wedding Mario with a Hammer and a Giant DK go after you. And you are timed. The only thing that makes it not impossible is the fact that Timers drop alot, so you need to get lucky with the Timers than start hammering on her. There's also another Donkey Kong-themed one that involves you defending a Peach from a giant Donkey Kong in the Donkey Kong & Lady Spirit battle.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Dude, the Big Boss saga goes from 0-100 real quick.
Yeah as soon as you got an IUD IED I'm pretty sure you've gotta tack on a few more zeroes.

I crack wise, but that's ****ing horrifying.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I just got near the end of World of Light Mode.
So I was playing as Lucas near the end and I wasn't expecting to cry, but the last two Spirits are Hinawa and Claus. Why are you taking me on a Feels trip Sakurai! It's STILL TOO SOON

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Don't worry.
It gets worse.
...can I just go back to the part where I set my internal clock forward two weeks to wait for The End to bite it?

Y'know, the kind of black humor that makes me laugh instead of cry.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
...can I just go back to the part where I set my internal clock forward two weeks to wait for The End to bite it?

Y'know, the kind of black humor that makes me laugh instead of cry.
Don't worry, she's a war criminal so it's fiiiiiiiiine.
it's not fine.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So a Spider man trailer was show at some con and mysterio sounds pretty interesting:

apparently he starts out a hero at the very least helping nick fury and peter fight these elementals that only he knows how to defeat.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .OK I made a Hades (Final Form) w/Demon Style Primary/Polar Bear Support set and named it Sonic.EXE as a joke kit to equip to Sonic because I have a terrible sense of humor.

Took it into a regular Smash battle where I can test at my leisure I legitimately three stocked a vanilla Lv. 9 CPU in a matter of seconds.

Took it into a match against 3 Lv. 9 CPUs to confirm and I got one stock shaved off by the last survivor letting out a hail mary Final Smash before I shredded them.

. . .

Chrono.

Switched the game to Japanese for lolzies.

Turns out Marth's lines were entirely redone there too (with the same VA.)

RIP Melee

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Had a pretty good night of playing Smash Ultimate online.

I set up an Arena mode of 3 stock, 7 minute, no items, and it was a pretty good session. It was also my first experience of 1v1s online. I had a good number of victories, and even a good Dr. Mario and Link player showed up. Probably my main highlight was being the one player who was able to go up against the Dr. Mario player in a close match, and Chrom made it possible! First time I used Chrom against him, I won! I didn't beat him the next two times, but they were both close matches!

I then switched over to Quick Play, and hey, I FINALLY got some 1v1s through that! Played a good number of matches with my Greninja too. My first opponent was a pretty good Pikachu main that I beat 2-1. I played with some other people through Quick Play and won all of them. My last match for the night was against a very good Yoshi player where I was able to pull off some sneaky Side Smash KOs! It was also following that match I got promoted to do Elite Smashes! I don't think I'll do them now though.

Now that I've had a better chance to experience 1v1 Quick Play, I can say there is one complaint I have about it: the inability to change characters when you decide to rematch someone. It'd be nice to change up characters after every match with your opponent without having to disconnect from him/her following the end of the previous match.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/12/...blematic-of-smash-bros-ultimates-dlc-approach

-reggie basically says that being on another system is not something they consider for smash.

They want unique characters who can bring something no one else can.

Come on Phoenix Wright!!!!
I feel like "being on another system is not something they consider for Smash" is twisting the words here a bit.

Fils-Aime explained that Sakurai and the team working on Ultimate’s DLC don’t necessarily see characters from franchises not typically associated with Nintendo as a limiting factor when it comes to Smash Bros.
"Not typically associated"

It seems like moreso that a franchise having their main title on a Nintendo system just isn't a priority in their choices, which we've known since what, Cloud?

Cloud and Joker both still have presence in dinky 3DS spinoff games for their respective franchises and Sakurai repeatedly said statements along the line of this when Cloud was announced. It's literally nothing we didn't already know and this doesn't feed any more or less the possibility of characters that have -truly- never had a Nintendo appearance than Cloud did. It's either old news or reading too much into it, Schrodinger's interesting but ultimately useless statement.

And unfortunately for Phoenix Wright he's probably one of the most heavily asked for and expected third party characters in this fandom most of the time, so the current song and dance doesn't bode well for him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I feel like "being on another system is not something they consider for Smash" is twisting the words here a bit.

"Not typically associated"

It seems like moreso that a franchise having their main title on a Nintendo system just isn't a priority in their choices, which we've known since what, Cloud?

Cloud and Joker both still have presence in dinky 3DS spinoff games for their respective franchises and Sakurai repeatedly said statements along the line of this when Cloud was announced. It's literally nothing we didn't already know and this doesn't feed any more or less the possibility of characters that have -truly- never had a Nintendo appearance than Cloud did. It's either old news or reading too much into it, Schrodinger's interesting but ultimately useless statement.

And unfortunately for Phoenix Wright he's probably one of the most heavily asked for and expected third party characters in this fandom most of the time, so the current song and dance doesn't bode well for him.
Honestly I don’t count the persona one and I really don’t think Nintendo does either. Some super small spinoff that literally just came out might as well not exist at all. No casual audience will know about it, just persona fans.

Not to mention that the implications we’ve seen so far suggest dlc was probably planned very early on since they already have the characters finalized before the game had released. Considering that they have new companies involved that’s a lot of contracts which would need to be drafted a few months in advance plus while jokers trailer is quick and simple it still needed to be made before now so it could be used at the game awards.

Which imo means if anything joker was locked for this game way before q2 was locked for a 3ds. Just because the time, effort and contracts would take a bit of work. I could be wrong but I’d wager q2 is probably only a3ds title so they can Lowkey promote joker. He likely came first.

Which does change the field. Where a series debuted which ultimately ties back to consoles, does not matter. Something we could kind of make a connection for with cloud, but joker is much more apparent. His Nintendo connection is super slim compared to clouds in terms of his own series.

So the bottom line is. Console wars still basically mean nothing and I’m going to actually guess here, that the reason why the three company heads have a better connection this year is probably tied to smash something no one would see coming.

Both don’t and Microsoft have reps no one would expect even though they want them. They bring crash and Steve/banjo. All unique and gaming icons that no one could predict.

I’m still shocked there isn’t a playable crash in smash yet. I’ve been saying this but I’ll continue, I really feel hesngot a great chance this time and deserves to happen due to his icon status.

Now as for Phoenix, I wouldn’t say he’s predictable or expected. He has huge fan demand but the capcom fanbades right now are split between him, dante, and monster hunter. With monster hunter seemingly getting the most support from capcom fans due to the content it has.

However I’m in the boat that if all that monster hunter content happened base game with no character, then it means there’s probably a reason and we likely won’t see the hunter.

I think if capcom gets a rep it’s down to Phoenix vs a resident evil character. I’m be exited for either though. Both would be well received but unexpected picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom