• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Direct as a whole was pretty meh. Not bad but at the same time I wasn't blown away.

That being said, I fully expect a Smash Direct in April.

Zeox

Smash Champion
That was... nothing.
Mario Maker 2 and Zelda were the best for me, but the rest.... ehhh... I wanted more info about Joker.

Potato_

Smash Lord
lol, Smash stuff didn't happen?
They showed a Joker model with his face turned away and said he comes out before the end of April. Also teased a big version 3.0 update with more details soon.

Basically, Smash direct in the near future.

D

Deleted member

EVERYONE SHUT THE **** UP LINK'S AWAKENING IS CONFIRMED I'M JUST AUGHANKFNABCLSNCKCBZBALCNFHDJDKVH

*ahem*
The rest looked nice I guess
Stream kept freezing during Three Houses so I'll have to rewatch that. Astral Chain looks dope too.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, would you look at that!

Erdrick wasn't announced!

91b.gif

It wasn't what I expected, and while I wanted to see more Smash news, atleast we have something big to expect on April.

Also, can I say my pants exploded when I saw that Super Mario Maker 2 trailer? Because wow, this game look way better than I expected.

Now, time to sleep, bye bye.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I legit nearly had a heart attack when I thought Astral Chain was Xenoblade X2.

Looks phenomenal though, and knowing Platinum it almost certainly will be.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hmm kind of a small direct.

The next one has to have bayo, animal crossing and smash.

The smash update looks really interesting. Seems to have multiple modes coming. We might get smash direct for this.

I’m betting we get a Pokémon direct by next week though

Zeox

Smash Champion
You know... for a moment, I thought they were making a The Legend of Zelda Anime... and I got very excited.... awakening's remake is cool and all, but I would kill for a Zelda Anime.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As for what we got.

Astral chain could be interesting, links awakening has a weird but creative style.

The dragon quest focus really had me thinking eldrick.

So how do we feel about brave now?

Also what was the kingdom hearts producer retweeting for?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
They showed a Joker model with his face turned away and said he comes out before the end of April. Also teased a big version 3.0 update with more details soon.

Basically, Smash direct in the near future.

I see I missed nothing

Hoping for a Home-Run contest return.

Dude Fiya Emburem Hogwarts lmao

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Pretty bad results. Although I did expect more from this Direct, even if I did try to temper my expectations.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also Mario maker two looking ****ing crazy.

I’m hyped.

Also Liam Roberson yesterday:

“You won’t see mario maker for a long time”

Lmao so that was wrong

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Goddammit, they turned Fire Emblem into a ****ing anime highschool.

Can't wait for thr inevitable Harry Potter style factions.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Well... that was a thing.

Pretty disappointing in my opinion

At least we got Link's Awakening, Mario Maker 2, and that Astral Chain game out of it.

My guess is that we're gonna probably get a Pokemon Direct later this month, and a Smash Direct next month.

D

Deleted member

Sup
On Zelda, it doesn’t look awful, but I would have preferred if they just made it look like ALBW or it was 2d.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
So we play as a Professor in Three Houses? This probably means we don't have any unprofessional relations with any students, right IS? Hmm? :laugh:
But really though it looks phenomenally interesting. The delay sucks but I'd much prefer that than a product that could have used more time in the oven.

Bayonetta 3 was only name dropped, and SMTV was nowhere to be seen. I didn't expect it to happen but I still pleaded for it all the same.

Super Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening, Dragon Quest XI, Astral Chain (nearly thought this was Xenoblade if not for the focus on action). These all look like purchases I will end up making.
Some others that stick out are Bloodstained, maybe Rune Factory, and Dead By Daylight looks amusing. Oninaki is beautiful as well.

Can't bring myself to care about Yoshi... bleh. Thought the little carton armor was cute though lol.

Last edited:

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I guess some are disappointed by lack of smash, but this Direct was hype afff for me. After not really having had time for video games since early Brawl era and getting a Switch and BotW this Christmas, this is just the best time ever to geek out over Nintendo again imo. Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, DQXI, Hellblade and Fire Emblem look completely dooope. Radiant Dawn was my favorite Wii game. Probably other games too in the Direct I didn't focus on as much will be awesome.

Also does anyone else really want the Astral Chain cops for Smash now?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Super Mario Maker 2 and Astral Chain were certainly the highlights for me. Absolutely charmed by the Link's Awakening remake, certainly will have my eye on that one. Fire Emblem Three Houses looks interesting. Looks like it had a lot of new things to it. Smash basically got swept under the rug, but I suppose other games need their time to shine.

Overall, it was a solid Direct. Nothing out of this world, but there was a great line-up of games.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Gotta admit, after going deep into the story of Jugdral, seeing 3H being a school setting is sad lol

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Super Mario Maker 2 looks cool. I hope they can streamline the good online courses and add more 8-Bit costumes.
Tetris looks like it'll be a hoot. An awesome incentive for Nintendo Switch Online.
Not a Platinum fan, but more support from them is good. Bayonetta 3 will be E3 material.
Link's Awakening looks okay. The change from the anime to claymation was hilarious. The original didn't stand out much for me so I'd rather see a new game that builds off of ALBW's ideas, but the presentation will probably get me to purchase it.
Dragon Quest is looking strong, Smash rumors aside.
Rune Factory looks good. I waited to pick up 4 so this new version appeals to me as does 5.
Smash Amiibo!
April Smash Direct seems like it might be a thing. There might be a new mode in development (stage builder?).

Fire Emblem Three Houses looks like an Isekai Anime.
+ Am more interested than before.
+ It seems to have more focus than Awakening/Fates, and the delay can only help.
+ Marriage hasn't been confirmed yet.
+ Gameplay looks decent even if they barely showed any maps or finer mechanics off. No Dragon Vein-like gimmicks so far.
/ Nothing much about the story itself. It could be a good change of pace, but it could also fall flat like Valkyria Chronicles 2 did (which seems likely).
/ Another Avatar character, but they seem to be taking after Mark/Chris rather than Robin/Corrin so there's some hope there.
- Graphics look smoother, but the color schemes are kind of bland.
- Kozaki might be involved again...please let me know if I'm right or wrong here.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Well I'm tired and a bit drunk because reasons BUT Direct opinion and stuff

-They ****ing began with Mario Maker 2. My friend wanted it to happen and I kept telling it wasn't happening now because they just released New Mario U Deluxe, BUT I'M GLAD TO BE WRONG. We popped up so hard the neighbors came to check on us lmao. And man I almost had a heart attack when they showed the 3D World style, I thought we would be able to make 3D levels but it was bait, god damnit that would have been hype. Still, pretty excited.

-Smash news were a joke, I hate announcements of announcements so **** that. Smash direct when.

-Three Houses is ****ING LIT. GIMMEEEE. I loved everything I saw, it looks so anime, I really dig it. Even though the class setting might not be that interesting story wise, I think it opens a ton of possibilities gameplay wise so I'm hella excited for that. Also shame we won't get a third delay, I wanted to make the joke of "Fire Emblem Three Delays". AND ****ING PUNCHES AS WEAPON, TIME TO DESTROY ARMIES STREET FIGHTER STYLE!

-ASTRAL BLADE WAS HYPE! I was about to have a heart attack because the graphics reminded me of Xenoblade X a lot, but I really loved what I saw. Policemen with stands on a futuristic environment??? SIGN ME THE HELL UP!

-Last Link's Awakening. Honestly, I'm not digging it right now, everyone is super excited for it, but it hasn't clicked with me. I was excited until I saw the graphics, it was such a turndown for me. I'll wait to pass judgement, but not a very good first impression.

That's pretty much it, overall super happy, Mario Maker 2, Three Houses and Astral Blade all seem sick. And with that being said, good night people, love u all.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This was an okay Direct. It was lagging a lot during the Mario Maker 2 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses parts though, so I had to rewatch those trailers.

Here I was thinking we’d get a port for Mario Maker, but I didn’t expect a full-fledged sequel! I doubt I’lol buy it though. I lost interest in Mario Maker rather quickly. Creating levels isn’t exactly my sort of thing, though playing those fanmade levels do have their fair share of enjoyment. The 3D World level designs is a great addition too.

So now that we know Joker will come out before the start of April, I guess we can expect the Version 3.0 update (and Joker) to come out around the end of March? That’s my guess.

That new Dragon Quest game that was shown has some awesome graphics for the Switch, but I doubt I’ll buy it. I don’t care for the DQ series.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses looks rather promising, but I don’t want to completely say, “I’m stoked for it!” Byleth still gives me concerns since it seems him/her is an avatar character of sorts, especially when they said, “YOU are the hero of this story” just like they did when they first revealed Corrin. It doesn’t seem like you can customize Byleth’s appearance though, at least it all those animated cutscenes are anything to go by (I feel like it’d be a development nightmare to incorporate a customized avatar look for all those cutscenes), so maybe there is hope that Byleth won’t exactly be an avatar character like Corrin and Robin were. I am liking Byleth’s design so far the more I see it.

I also wonder how much of this monastery-life will account for the story. The trailer treats it like it’ll be a large chunk of the game, though I think it’d be a cool if one part of the story eventually moves beyond that and explores some other aspects, like a war somehow breaks out between two-three of those empires. The monastery life still has some interesting elements to it though, and I’d like to learn more about some of those other characters.

Speaking of the characters, I’m liking those new cutscene styles shown off so far. Perhaps it’s just me, but I think Edelgard looks a lot better in her sprite models and the animated cutscenes than her official art. I think it’s because of the eyes. Similar deal with Claude. Claude still is the one I like the most so far, but it’s mainly based on appearances. I hope we’ll get some info regarding their personalities.

Not sure what to think of the new dragon lolli-like character, but I’m guessing she’s connected with the goddess of the continent, at least from the hair color.

I knew a delay was coming too, but I was expecting a delay to a fall release based on the recent rumors. Ah well, I’ll gladly wait. More development time for this game, the better.

Astral Chain looks dope so far, though I don’t know if I’ll buy it. The Link’s Awakening remake looks nice too. I thought we were getting some kind of in-between sequel of Windwaker judging from that cutscene of Link riding against the storm, but I’ll take what we have so far. Perhaps the remake will have similar animated cutscenes like this one?

This Direct definitely gave me some things that caught my attention, though I would cap it at okay for now. I was personally hoping for updates about some improvements to Nintendo Switch Online like the rumored SNES game additions, but I guess Nintendo is still waiting on giving those much needed Nintendo Switch Online updates.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pretty good Direct. My most hyped were Super Mario Maker 2 and Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Can't say I'm surprised on the very tiny tease on Smash though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I KNEW this was going to happen once Tetris 99 was announced: it removed Puyo Puyo Tetris' digital option from the eShop.

Good thing I grabbed it digitally at launch. (Don't worry you can still get it physically).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom