• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think Fortnite is ****, but the BBB is pretty corrupt and gives inaccurate scores. So the rating probably means nothing in the end.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oooooooookay I saw some stuff of the Shield Hero light novel and what the actual **** anyone who likes this garbage should be put on a ****ing list
I saw that stuff on Twitter
Content warnings: r*** and adult language
https://mobile.twitter.com/andrearitsu/status/1085359179706126336

It's way worse than I initially thought. **** this show, it makes Nanatsu look acceptable in comparison.
Guilty as charged. Aside from pacing issues, I enjoyed Episode 2. I'd be surprised if Raphtalia isn't nominated for Best Female Lead in next year's Anime Awards. It's ominous that there's no preview for next week. I hope they go all out on the animation for the Waves if the OP is any indication.

Not that it matters to anyone here, or if it does these are story/end of anime season spoilers:

At this point in the LN, Vol. 4, the Princess had blown much of the kingdom's finances, burned down a nearby town/forest with fire magic, and worked with criminals to try and overthrow the kingdom by assassinating all four legendary heroes and her younger sister (who was made the direct heir to the throne rather than her due to past actions). In response, the returning Queen places her daughter in a slave curse to force her to tell the truth to the kingdom's citizens and make sure she repays the money she stole. She also physically tortures her husband with ice magic, due to slave curses not effecting the Seven Star Heroes.

Started reading Vol. 13 this week and so far it's much better than the previous volume. Political discussion seems to be the focus with many of the other Kingdoms finally receiving some more defined world building. Siltvelt feels like a twisted version of Zootopia or Gallia from FE9, right down to the greedy lion king. It's nice to see Fohl get a break after becoming the resident "Yamcha" of the series.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Why did they skip PiT?
Because BiS was just more popular in general, this coming from an official interview about the launch of the remake:

https://www.gameinformer.com/interv...side-story-and-how-mario-luigi-could-possibly

"Why Skip Partners in Time as you remake the Mario & Luigi games?"

Otani: The biggest point was that Mario & Luigi 3, Bowser’s Inside Story, was the best received title in the series, so we really wanted to do a remake of that. And we also really liked the idea of portraying Bowser and Bowser Jr. as a parent and child in the new mode, which is similar to the mode we added to the Superstar Saga remake. Also, the character Fawful was received very well overseas, so we wanted to bring him back and we wanted to show the continued saga with him that we started with Bowser’s Minions in the remake of Superstar Saga.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I actually enjoyed Partners in Time more than Bowser's Inside Story.

In fact I find Bowser's Inside Story's controls too gimmicky.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Because BiS was just more popular in general, this coming from an official interview about the launch of the remake:

https://www.gameinformer.com/interv...side-story-and-how-mario-luigi-could-possibly

"Why Skip Partners in Time as you remake the Mario & Luigi games?"

Otani: The biggest point was that Mario & Luigi 3, Bowser’s Inside Story, was the best received title in the series, so we really wanted to do a remake of that. And we also really liked the idea of portraying Bowser and Bowser Jr. as a parent and child in the new mode, which is similar to the mode we added to the Superstar Saga remake. Also, the character Fawful was received very well overseas, so we wanted to bring him back and we wanted to show the continued saga with him that we started with Bowser’s Minions in the remake of Superstar Saga.
In hindsight this might actually be a good thing. Given the Switch has two controllers, I can see a lot of opportunities to turn Partners in Time into a multiplayer friendly game with each player controlling a different set of brothers.

Out of curiosity, are there any real differences to the engine this remake & Superstar Saga uses compared to Dream Team & Paper Jam? I would hope there would be small improvements like the 3DS Fire Emblem games and not just cut & paste materials like the New Super Mario Bros. series.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guilty as charged. Aside from pacing issues, I enjoyed Episode 2. I'd be surprised if Raphtalia isn't nominated for Best Female Lead in next year's Anime Awards. It's ominous that there's no preview for next week. I hope they go all out on the animation for the Waves if the OP is any indication.

Not that it matters to anyone here, or if it does these are story/end of anime season spoilers:

At this point in the LN, Vol. 4, the Princess had blown much of the kingdom's finances, burned down a nearby town/forest with fire magic, and worked with criminals to try and overthrow the kingdom by assassinating all four legendary heroes and her younger sister (who was made the direct heir to the throne rather than her due to past actions). In response, the returning Queen places her daughter in a slave curse to force her to tell the truth to the kingdom's citizens and make sure she repays the money she stole. She also physically tortures her husband with ice magic, due to slave curses not effecting the Seven Star Heroes.

Started reading Vol. 13 this week and so far it's much better than the previous volume. Political discussion seems to be the focus with many of the other Kingdoms finally receiving some more defined world building. Siltvelt feels like a twisted version of Zootopia or Gallia from FE9, right down to the greedy lion king. It's nice to see Fohl get a break after becoming the resident "Yamcha" of the series.
I'd like to see zero people who are even remotely a fan of this in my life so could you please stop, find a solution to make mods blockable or step down? I'm not even trying to start **** I am genuinely disgusting by everything I learn about this garbage series and am asking it for my own mental health though knowing my luck I'm getting an infraction for this regardless even if it's on the same site that thinks warnings are too harsh for people who go "I hope this person gets sexually assaulted in a violent manner"
Cause it's bad.

Well that's the only reason I can think of.
They made Bros moves consumable items you have to find or buy which is why it gets hate iirc

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd like to see zero people who are even remotely a fan of this in my life so could you please stop, find a solution to make mods blockable or step down? I'm not even trying to start **** I am genuinely disgusting by everything I learn about this garbage series and am asking it for my own mental health though knowing my luck I'm getting an infraction for this regardless even if it's on the same site that thinks warnings are too harsh for people who go "I hope this person gets sexually assaulted in a violent manner"

They made Bros moves consumable items you have to find or buy which is why it gets hate iirc
Oy ...
Let people like what they like.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It took all of me but I did not date Kawakami.

Why does Makoto need max charm, this is frustrating!
Well...
Makoto is best girl.
Clearly the devs agreed. :laugh:

You need to earn Makoto, because only the best deserves the best.

For a serious answer, I have no idea why the Devs decided Makoto needed Max Charm; in story, you need Max Charm to by able to convince Makoto's friend you're her boyfriend, but... the devs could have easily just done not that.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Why would you get an infraction? Having a different opinion from a mod isn't against site rules.

I will probably give my thoughts once Episode 3 comes out next week & once I finish Vol. 13. You and others are welcome to ignore my post if that happens or whenever you feel like really (at least when site ToS isn't being enforced).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Why would you get an infraction? Having a different opinion from a mod isn't against site rules.

I will probably give my thoughts once Episode 3 comes out next week & once I finish Vol. 13. You and others are welcome to ignore my post if that happens or whenever you feel like really (at least when site ToS isn't being enforced).
Cause this website has objectively awful moderation as there is so much rule breaking or skeevy **** that gets ignored that it's just sad, especially as I know one of the mods here let a guy have a neonazi as his avi here for a few months slide as the dude is chummy with him

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I just found a figurine of Makoto riding on Johanna. **** man I never spent that much money on a figure

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Cause this website has objectively awful moderation as there is so much rule breaking or skeevy **** that gets ignored that it's just sad, especially as I know one of the mods here let a guy have a neonazi as his avi here for a few months slide as the dude is chummy with him
Without specific details I can't really give much of a statement(s) in regards to Staff specific issues you and others may have. My biggest recommendation is that if you see Staff member acting incorrectly or inappropriately, be it myself, those in charge of the boards you frequent, or an Admin, that you start a thread in the Forum Support board so the Admins/Senators/Owner can review the issue.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Without specific details I can't really give much of a statement(s) in regards to Staff specific issues you and others may have. My biggest recommendation is that if you see Staff member acting incorrectly or inappropriately, be it myself, those in charge of the boards you frequent, or an Admin, that you start a thread in the Forum Support board so the Admins/Senators/Owner can review the issue.
It's done **** all before and I firmly believe it'll do **** all now

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry but seriously, stop defending this ****. It doesn't matter what she did, no ****ing story should have torture as a valid mean for confession, slavery as an acceptable element and **** as "just punishment"
Heck, the story even has an actual rapist that is not punished for his actions which shows the author's care for this subject is non-existent.

It went from "problematic" to "completely iredeemable piece of disgusting garbage that should be purged from existence".
I just saw Brooklyn Nine Nine say the words 'cuck' and 'snowflake' and my mind is blown. When the hell was season 4 written? Also why does one of the characters involved seem the perfect type for 4chan culture
Please tell me this is a joke, B99 would never betray me like that.

KMDP

Smash Legend
What!? I’m still pooooooor??
It's better to think of Yen as being 2 orders of magnitude less than it seems when comparing it to other currencies.

Like: 100000 Yen is more like 1000.00 Yen.

As an aside, the Pokémon currency is 1:1 just Yen.

Paying $2 for a Poké Ball makes a lot more sense than $200. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom