• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I like how Spirits has both a story version (World of Light) and a Master Orders version (what we saw first in the Direct)

They're really going all out with Event Mode on this one, which is great

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You know. Me and S5 used to be pretty good friends, and then uh, stuff happened with he and a mutual friend and he just... he just went ****in bonkers man. Like, wow.
I was in the Ridley group during the pre release for 4 and he just was constantly rude to me so I ended up having to leave the group after a monthish.

Chrono.

I was in the Ridley group during the pre release for 4 and he just was constantly rude to me so I ended up having to leave the group after a monthish.
Dang that's weird, every time I saw him here he seemed like a chill dude.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But really, the only thing I'd miss is Smash Run. And even then, I'd only miss the concept of it since I don't own the 3DS version and thus, never tried it.

And if losing targets, home-runs and barebones stage making features means getting 80 different classic modes and pushing the boundaries of what Event mode does, count me in.

I don't even mind All-Star being just a reskinned Multi-Man Smash, especially since clearing All-Star in 4 was a chore...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Gonna drop a question to get a discussion going.

If modes like Break the Targets, Home-Run Contest, Smash Run, Stage Builder and basically all the single-player modes that weren't confirmed didn't come back for Ultimate... how would you react?
None of that would lessen the hype.

...I can see Stage Builder potentially being dlc down the line.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I popped in there every once in a while. That group was a big ole mess anyways but yeah, I seem to remember him being really rude to people. Hell, he might've only tolerated me because of our mutual friend for all I know.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
But really, the only thing I'd miss is Smash Run. And even then, I'd only miss the concept of it since I don't own the 3DS version and thus, never tried it.

And if losing targets, home-runs and barebones stage making features means getting 80 different classic modes and pushing the boundaries of what Event mode does, count me in.

I don't even mind All-Star being just a reskinned Multi-Man Smash, especially since clearing All-Star in 4 was a chore...
Oh god if it was like 4 with the 20 extra characters that would be hell lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Gonna drop a question to get a discussion going.

If modes like Break the Targets, Home-Run Contest, Smash Run, Stage Builder and basically all the single-player modes that weren't confirmed didn't come back for Ultimate... how would you react?
Since none of those were shown in the Direct, it's assumed that none of them are returning which sucks.

Granted I think Break the Targets and Home-Run Contest are the biggest losses. Maybe just maybe they can be free post-release content after the game launches. Stage Builder I can live without really.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You should.

Just don't expect it to be amazingly awesome. It's dumb and that's why people like it.

It's a series that started as an Adventure Comedy that slowly morphed into the Battle Action Shonen Manga.

I didn't say everything in GT was a good idea.

Turning Goku into a kid was also a bad idea

Funnily enough, I'm just about to eat a pizza myself.
I was complementing the moostache due to the stupidity...and the way Vegeta was mad at shaving it only for nobody to notice it

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I like how Spirits has both a story version (World of Light) and a Master Orders version (what we saw first in the Direct)

They're really going all out with Event Mode on this one, which is great
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Spirits is basically Event Match put together with Master/Crazy Orders with what used to be Trophies implemented in. I think it's a great way to keep all that content while spending less development time on that.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Spirits is basically Event Match put together with Master/Crazy Orders with what used to be Trophies implemented in. I think it's a great way to keep all that content while spending less development time on that.
Oh I was just thinking about you, I have your greatest post ever stored in my time capsule.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hello everyone that I didn't reply to earlier.

I'm just trying to not exist until Ultimate comes out.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Dragon Quest Builders is a better Minecraft than Minecraft will ever be.

D

Deleted member

Dragon Quest Builders is a better Minecraft than Minecraft will ever be.
No.
I do not care about opinions, unless your opinions are utter trash. This one is not, though I disagree with it. How long will I post in small text the world may never know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Don't play Minecraft either. Doesn't look interesting and I find the artstyle a total eyesore.

Plus I can lose my interest in games about creating your own things very quickly.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I was complementing the moostache due to the stupidity...and the way Vegeta was mad at shaving it only for nobody to notice it
It's a good character moment that Vegeta only shaves off the mustache because Bra said she didn't like it. :laugh:

Considering nobody comments, I think everyone in the series hated the mustache, but was to afraid to say that to his face (except Bra, obviously).

D

Deleted member

You weebs will defend Dragon Quest, but Minecraft has been a far bigger piece in my life.

There are so many things in Minecraft it is unbelievable.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
No.
I do not care about opinions, unless your opinions are utter trash. This one is not, though I disagree with it. How long will I post in small text the world may never know.
This game is definitely better than Minecraft. Minecraft bores me to tears.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And some Subspace bosses crammed in it for good measure too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You weebs will defend Dragon Quest, but Minecraft has been a far bigger piece in my life.

There are so many things in Minecraft it is unbelievable.
Smash Bros. is probably what influenced me the most. It got me into VS Debating, which let me know about series I hadn't heard of before and bing bang boom I know a bunch of manga now.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Minecraft can be a lot of fun if you have people to play with that have something meaningful to do, like doing the main quest or doing a Hardcore round like PBG does on his gameplay channel.

But playing it alone is VERY hard to do sometimes because it can bore people pretty fast. It's an incredible piece of gaming, but it's not for everyone.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And some Subspace bosses crammed in it for good measure too.
Oh yeah Adventure Mode is apart of Spirits. Which means Spirits Mode is essentially...

- Melee's Adventure Mode (but much longer)
- Brawl's Boss Battles
- Smash Wii U's Master/Crazy Orders
- Event Matches
- Trophies (only now as Spirits)

That's a lot of old content packed in this mode. Still I feel this game really needs a Break the Targets and Home-Run Contest to really make it feel "Ultimate". Well at least HRC.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh yeah Adventure Mode is apart of Spirits. Which means Spirits Mode is essentially...

- Melee's Adventure Mode (but much longer)
- Brawl's Boss Battles
- Smash Wii U's Master/Crazy Orders
- Event Matches
- Trophies (only now as Spirits)

That's a lot of old content packed in this mode. Still I feel this game really needs a Break the Targets and Home-Run Contest to really make it feel "Ultimate". Well at least HRC.
The lack of target is understandable.

It's either 80 different levels, which no because dev time, or just a handful for everyone, which also no because it's just too repetitive.

HRC was a staple and I'm surprised it got cut though. But I don't miss it either. It was a novelty to me. Something for challenges and that's it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

It's either 80 different levels, which no because dev time, or just a handful for everyone, which also no because it's just too repetitive.

HRC was a staple and I'm surprised it got cut though. But I don't miss it either. It was a novelty to me. Something for challenges and that's it.
No break the targets didn’t bug me cause I played them once and then never again so whatever lol

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
It feels weird that some people have posted more here in a few months than I have in 3 years.

I guess it does show that I do tend to do some stuff other than post here.
(That, and that I don't always have something to say).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

With Target Test they could have brought it back (the way it was in Brawl) as something for Classic Mode only like Smash 64 was. That way it'd feel less repetitive for players and it'd still remain in the game.

HRC was the biggest loss because it's been a staple since the days of Melee not to mention Sandbag is also a Smash staple. Sure he's still an item but he doesn't appear for what he's best known for. Being launched in HRC to see how far players can launch the Sandbag. If there's one mode that somehow returns as free post-release content I hope it's HRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom