• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But Raiden's message did go back in time, and while it's mostly a retelling, the MK3 part gets changed a lot.

Sure, it's a similar outcome, with Shao Kahn being banished and all, but that's pretty much the only similarity there is, because everyone but Shinnok, Quan Chi, Kano, Scorpion, Johnny Cage, Sonya and Raiden ****ing died after MK9. EVERYONE! That **** didn't happen in the OT.

(Kenshi, Rain and Skarlet don't count because they weren't part of the story, neither does any cameo of an NPC, I'm talking roster here)

And to make things worse, the dead ones were brougth back as undead slaves, so basically, everyone was a bad guy. And only two or three of them managed to be saved, by which I mean only Sub-Zero and Jax.

And honestly, I only get a Saturday Morning Cartoon vibe from MKX which, given the fact that the Cage family got the spotlight this time around, is probably the most fitting way they could've handled it. :lol:
Yeah i'm not talking about the changes that were made as a result of Raiden's decisions in the new timeline. I'm talking about random retcons that were done for no reason. i.e. Kung Lao being envious of Liu Kang despite not even wanting to compete in the MK tournament in the original timeline, Mileena not existing til' MK2 despite the fact that she lived for hundreds of years in the original timeline, Jax' debut being watered down to being a prisoner on Tsung's island rather than his epic debut in the original timeline.

They were really dumb story changes that never needed to happen.

And I just feel in general that the Original Timeline felt a lot cooler than the current one. Especially for some characters like Quan Chi who were watered down like hell in this new timeline.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't know if it has been posted here but the download size for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has been revealed: You're going to need at least 16 GB (to compare, Smash Wii U needs 15.6 GB) Nintendo of Japan already has a preorder on their website that includes a digital download code of the game plus the physical game case (no game card included).

I'm planning to pick it up digitally and thankfully I have more than enough space on my micro SD card to do so.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah i'm not talking about the changes that were made as a result of Raiden's decisions in the new timeline. I'm talking about random retcons that were done for no reason. i.e. Kung Lao being envious of Liu Kang despite not even wanting to compete in the MK tournament in the original timeline, Mileena not existing til' MK2 despite the fact that she lived for hundreds of years in the original timeline, Jax' debut being watered down to being a prisoner on Tsung's island rather than his epic debut in the original timeline.

They were really dumb story changes that never needed to happen.

And I just feel in general that the Original Timeline felt a lot cooler than the current one. Especially for some characters like Quan Chi who were watered down like hell in this new timeline.
Okay... point taken for those.

But the Mileena retcon could just be that the MK2 period is where they pulled it off? There's lots of failed prototypes in that one stage, after all.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Okay... point taken for those.
Of course I still think the newer games have better gameplay and whatnot. Just as someone who loves MK's lore I loved the story from back then VS the one they have now.

Not that the current story is "bad". Just a hefty step down from before.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Of course I still think the newer games have better gameplay and whatnot. Just as someone who loves MK's lore I loved the story from back then VS the one they have now.

Not that the current story is "bad". Just a hefty step down from before.
It's at least a step up from MK vs DC :V

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just when I thought I had the entire Super Smash Bros. series soundtrack (not counting Ultimate of course), I found one more song I missed: The Japanese version of Lost In Thoughts All Alone (probably missed it because it's absent in the English release of Smash Wii U).

Now my song count is 753 and let's hope I've now gotten all of them this time.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ghast put up another Support Science, this time about The Reinhardt:

As someone who played Thracia 776 and considers it an underrated gem in terms of its storytelling, he does a great job summing up Reinhardt's character here. He's defined not only by his strength in battle, but also his relationship with those he cares about, and his story throughout Thracia does a good job showing what happens to someone who has what they love and cherish ripped away from them at a pivotal moment. It also shows how well Heroes can capture a character in just a few lines as you do still get that gist from the character, and how it can elevate a character to greatness through that care and attention (and them being broken). Reinhardt's (and Olwen's) story is one that I always liked from Thracia and I'm glad that it's able to get more attention like this, and hopefully sometime in the future it'll get a remake for more people to get that exposure.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So you guys want to watch something heartwarming?

Then you shouldn't watch this. :v

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I rediscovered my favorite song. It was a pretty comfy feel.

Ghast put up another Support Science, this time about The Reinhardt:

As someone who played Thracia 776 and considers it an underrated gem in terms of its storytelling, he does a great job summing up Reinhardt's character here. He's defined not only by his strength in battle, but also his relationship with those he cares about, and his story throughout Thracia does a good job showing what happens to someone who has what they love and cherish ripped away from them at a pivotal moment. It also shows how well Heroes can capture a character in just a few lines as you do still get that gist from the character, and how it can elevate a character to greatness through that care and attention (and them being broken). Reinhardt's (and Olwen's) story is one that I always liked from Thracia and I'm glad that it's able to get more attention like this, and hopefully sometime in the future it'll get a remake for more people to get that exposure.
FE4/5 is next on the chopping block of FE remakes. But considering how Echoes went, unsure about how it'll end up.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I know this might be unpopular or controversial but Icons: Combat Arena is one of the most Soulless games I've seen in years.

Like it doesn't look fun, it doesn't stand out. It feels way too much of a Smash clone to where characters straight up steal moveset from Smash characters.

Plus the artstyle and direction is so dull and drab. Its like the worst type of an Overwatch ripoff. Characters just look so unoriginal and man, it tries so hard to be an e-sport to the point to where the announcer is just the same as Overwatch's PotG announcer

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
I know this might be unpopular or controversial but Icons: Combat Arena is one of the most Soulless games I've seen in years.
Nah I agree most of these smash clones are disgusting to look at. especially Combat Arena

The only one I consider good is Rivals of Aether. Love the pixel art style

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Nah I agree most of these smash clones are disgusting to look at. especially Combat Arena

The only one I consider good is Rivals of Aether. Love the pixel art style
RoA has a good artstyle. And Icons gameplay is decent but man everything else about that game drags it down so hard it's a mess.

Its like Marvel vs Capcom Infinte but worst

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
RoA has a good artstyle. And Icons gameplay is decent but man everything else about that game drags it down so hard it's a mess.

Its like Marvel vs Capcom Infinte but worst
But see, the real answer lies in Icons' name the whole time.

I-con

I Con

HALF LIFE THREE CONFIRMED I'M SO SORRY

D

Deleted member

I had a pretty ****ty evening but I'm back.
I see we're still talking about fighting games... I'd contribute, but the only fighting games I like are Smash and Pokken, so yeah

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Recently made it to the Metro Kingdom in Mario Odyssey.

It's great! Been looking forward to reaching this kingdom since I first got the game.

Like it doesn't look fun, it doesn't stand out. It feels way too much of a Smash clone to where characters straight up steal moveset from Smash characters.

Plus the artstyle and direction is so dull and drab. Its like the worst type of an Overwatch ripoff. Characters just look so unoriginal and man, it tries so hard to be an e-sport to the point to where the announcer is just the same as Overwatch's PotG announcer
I wouldn't call it an unpopular opinion. Until very recently I've seen almost nothing but negative receptions towards the game, from the odd character designs, to the movesets and platstyles practically being copied straight from Melee, to the fact that it just overall looks like a badly reskinned Melee. I've seen plenty of harsh reception to it on here before, and I wouldn't call it all unjustified.

That said, I myself am not really sure what to think of it at this point. If they're really trying to make it more unique and different while still satisfying fans of the Melee-style gameplay, then I'll respect the effort and care they would put into it. I'm definitely still not fond of most of the characters designs, though. I'll say that.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
omg

the more i play odyssey, the more it disappoints me

omg

i am EXHAUSTED just from collecting moons, i only got like 15 of them

but it is SO inconsistent

some moons are just handed to you while others are like a whole work out

omg

i still stand by YL being a 11/10 game, faaaaar better :'^(((((((

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
omg

omg

omg

You're such a hipster :V

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
im EXHAUSTED from collecting 15 moons and like 5 of them were just handed to me

i only have 165 moons right now

there's still over 700 more to go

this game is a mess :'/////

yooka laylee's collectables are sooo much more fun and engaging to go out and hunt for

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
omg

omg

omg

Never listen to the opinion of a Pokemon that flirts with anything that moves. :V

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
omg

omg

omg

Don't be a jerk.

I'm pretty sure I shelved Odyssey with less moons than that, but don't be a jerk.

Chrono.

omg

omg

omg

im EXHAUSTED from collecting 15 moons and like 5 of them were just handed to me

i only have 165 moons right now

there's still over 700 more to go

this game is a mess :'/////

yooka laylee's collectables are sooo much more fun and engaging to go out and hunt for
Man I don't remember you being this bait heavy before.

Luig

Confused
I haven't gotten a chance to play Odyssey yet, but I did play YL and it was pretty boring. Didn't help that I don't care for banjo that much in the first place, but Banjo was definitely more enjoyable.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm starting to wonder if we are going to get Pokemon Trainer with all 3 Pokemon together in one amiibo, or all four of them separate

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Don't be a jerk.

I'm pretty sure I shelved Odyssey with less moons than that, but don't be a jerk.
whaaaaaat? how am I being a jerk??? :'^( I wasn't trying to be! Sorry if it came off jerkish! :'^(((((
Man I don't remember you being this bait heavy before.
it's not bait though

that's my real, unbiased opinion :'/////

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think we'll see a Pokemon Trainer amiibo that's just the trainer and that's it.
At least Charizard has a trophy :secretkpop:

I have a feeling we'll be getting Squirtle and Ivysaur at some point. Already preordered Wolf, Inkling, and Ridley so I'm excited for that wave

Chrono.

I have a feeling we'll see Ivysaur and Squirtle when you remember a Charizard amiibo exists.

The trainer himself, that I don't know.
Honestly I kept rewriting that post cause I'm not sure myself.

I could see them releasing just an Ivysaur and Squirtle amiibo without the trainer to complement Charizard. But I can see them making just the trainer on his own.

4 amiibo for the same character seems like overkill, but also easy $$$.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
So I'm watching Wimbledon because Nadal's playing, and unsurprisingly during breaks they showed that really cool ad from Mario Tennis Aces with Rafa. However, and I remember I already complained about it here, they had to add the stupid Spanish narrator and it says something so stupid that I feel like I have to share. This is the slogan for Mario Tennis Aces here in Spain:

"Mario Tennis Aces, the Mario Kart of the racket"

... IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!

I don't think the rest of the countries have that slogan, but I do wonder who the hell thought about that, it's horrible. The first thing that comes to mind with that comparison is:

"Mario Kart, the Dark Souls of the Mario spin-offs"

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You're such a hipster :V
i don't understand though why it's so praised !!! :(

yooka laylee is just far better imo and so underrated, i LOVE YL

and I know that it's not just bias towards YL (even though that couldn't be possible, as it's a new series) as I really did love SM64 and collecting stars then

but 900 moons is just a hot mess and an overload, and the kingdoms themselves aren't very fun to navigate

and there's also the purple coins to worry about, too. . . .

:urg: messy :'////

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So I'm watching Wimbledon because Nadal's playing, and unsurprisingly during breaks they showed that really cool ad from Mario Tennis Aces with Rafa. However, and I remember I already complained about it here, they had to add the stupid Spanish narrator and it says something so stupid that I feel like I have to share. This is the slogan for Mario Tennis Aces here in Spain:

"Mario Tennis Aces, the Mario Kart of the racket"

... IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!

I don't think the rest of the countries have that slogan, but I do wonder who the hell thought about that, it's horrible. The first thing that comes to mind with that comparison is:

"Mario Kart, the Dark Souls of the Mario spin-offs"
If anything Mario Party is the Dark Souls of the Mario Spin-offs.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
omg

omg

omg

I don't much care for Odyssey, either, frankly.

Mario himself controls better than he ever has. Movement is tight, Cappy jumps add an extra layer that's not as brainless as Sushine's hovering or even Galaxy's twirl. The camera is the most polished, least frustrating 3D camera I've ever seen. The framework is in place for an amazing experience.

It's just too bad the game never gives you anything to do with it.

It's not a critique of the ease of the game, though it is the easiest 3D Mario yet, I have no problem with a game being easy, particularly when it appeals to kids. I just wish the game ever asked you to utilize the controls it gives you. I don't think there's a single point in the game where bouncing off Cappy is actually required. I can't remember ever needing to long jump or triple jump. The only time you need to wall jump they stick you in tiny gap between two walls that makes it trivial to do so.

I'm controlling the best Mario there's ever been and instead of asking me to use these awesome mechanics, the game instead just asks me to carry giant seeds all the way across the map. Or it constantly asks you to take control of whatever new gimmick badguy the level has, none of which have movepools half as deep or interesting as Mario's himself.

The end result is a frustrating lack of potential.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Kinda hoping there's still some kind of way to play PT's Pokemon individually. Highly doubting it though given that we already know Down-B is used to switch between the three Pokemon again.

I'm overjoyed that Squirtle and especially Ivysaur are back, but I had hoped that if anything I'd be able to play them individually, like Charizard in 4. At least, we do know so far that most of the other problems that plagued PT in Brawl are gone (the Stamina mechanic was removed, the switching mechanic has been improved, etc) so I'm sure the character will at least been considerably better balanced in this entry.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

and I know that it's not just bias towards YL (even though that couldn't be possible, as it's a new series) as I really did love SM64 and collecting stars then

but 900 moons is just a hot mess and an overload, and the kingdoms themselves aren't very fun to navigate

The more you talk the more wrong opinions you say...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I never thought it was a hot mess or an overload, honestly. Heck, the second I maxed the counter, I just wanted more game.

It controls fantastically, especially with Cappy. It just feels so damn buttery smooth, allowing you to do a lot more than you'd think.

It has a very unique take on power-ups by allowing you to literally become your enemies. Being a Cheep Cheep makes underwater levels legit bearable, that's a ****ing achievement in and of itself.

It has a ****ton of content, but that content is actually not as overloading or messy as you claim, as a ton of moons are only available in the post-game to encourage further replayability and exploration, not to mention it's pretty straightforward (like how every bonus stage has two moons).

Also, yeah, there's a bunch of easy moons for you to get. But to me, it feels like it's a way to skip a kingdom you don't like.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
This is hilarious. I was watching a "My Dad Guesses the Smash Bros. Character" video, using most of the characters confirmed for Ultimate. When the picture of the Miis showed up, the dad said they were "the memes from Wii Fit".
Me I figure Neons are better to start with, so I'll probably start a tank with them if things pan out. Twice as hardy, twice as pretty, half the size. Need to keep them warm and give them some friends, but tbh you don't keep a pet in a bowl. You keep a display piece in a bowl. And if you treat something as less than alive, then that's how it'll end up.
Never heard of neons before. Looking them up, I can say I like their color scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom