• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
me_irl if I go on a date.

D

Deleted member

I got one.

Variety Smash.

This name has me conflicted. Part of me likes it, but the other part doesn't.
I'll use it as a ""working title"", but it could end up becoming the final name. Thanks anyway.

D

Deleted member

Would it be a good idea to bring back Race to the Finish?
I'm just asking since I've never really played Melee too much and I'm not sure on whether or not to add it to my ideal Smash game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Would it be a good idea to bring back Race to the Finish?
I'm just asking since I've never really played Melee too much and I'm not sure on whether or not to add it to my ideal Smash game.
If Smash Run exists, they don't really need to. It has a more fleshed out version.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Despite all my caffeine posturing, I usually don't either. I'm too lazy to sort out the coffeepot that frequently, much less make coffee worth drinking.

This is usually my poison instead:

View attachment 149226

Fast, effective, reasonably cheap, tastes tolerable.

Don't know how highly I'd recommend it - heard plenty about the taste, I think I'm just blind to it at this point - but it works for me.
....dude whatever you do don't tell my brother you drink that

i think the coffee addict may excommunicate you
Sure I'm down.

And seems your sending in a Premium Team this time.
pretty much lol

seems like evveryones down but oppo, though couldd just be waiting, leading to 6 pawns, would hope to get up to 10 this time but wiating didn't work so well last time :V

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I KNEW IT

WHY DID TREEHOUSE STAFF TRY TO LIE ABOUT THIS

D

Deleted member

I KNEW IT

Because people would whine about it being a port. I mean, they are still crying about it regardless but that's the reason.

D

Deleted member

Actually now that I think of it, Smash Run might not be able to work in my conceptual Smash game due to the removal of custom moves.
I might go with RelaxAlax's idea instead. It has elements of both Smash Run and Adventure Mode, and honestly sounds much more engaging to me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Because people would whine about it being a port. I mean, they are still crying about it regardless but that's the reason.
Still pretty dumb and unnecessary to lie about it though, it's literally not built from the ground-up and that's what the Treehouse tried to claim.

At the end of the day, it's only being called a port by some because most of what they've shown so far IS old content.

Splatoon 2 had the exact same problem when it was first announced, but to a lesser degree.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
....dude whatever you do don't tell my brother you drink that

i think the coffee addict may excommunicate you
Nah.

Stuff's got it's advantages, good coffee wins out on taste. I know that, he knows that, it'll be cool.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I KNEW IT

Probably because people won't shut the hell up about it being a port. Something like this would dump a whole lot of fuel on that fire for people and regardless of the engine the game is pretty blatantly not a port to anyone with a brain. Unfortunately a lot of this fandom lacks that organ, hence Treehouse trying to spread around little white lies.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Well, good morning everyone... hope everything is going well.
mroning dude, got an upset stomach cause i went down to the game store yesterday, still not fit to walk, but on the plus side i didn't blackout and vomit for 5 hours so i'm doing much better than my last trip~

now i'm basically setting on up a rimworld game and goofing off on the side
Nah.

Stuff's got it's advantages, good coffee wins out on taste. I know that, he knows that, it'll be cool.
alrighty then

i don't drink any of the crud so i wouldn't know :V

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
mroning dude, got an upset stomach cause i went down to the game store yesterday, still not fit to walk, but on the plus side i didn't blackout and vomit for 5 hours so i'm doing much better than my last trip~
Oh geez... well, I hope you feel better soon, NatzNatz.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I KNEW IT

....Why do you care so much?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Probably because people won't shut the hell up about it being a port. Something like this would dump a whole lot of fuel on that fire for people and regardless of the engine the game is pretty blatantly not a port to anyone with a brain. Unfortunately a lot of this fandom lacks that organ, hence Treehouse trying to spread around little white lies.
And as I've said before, Nintendo has themselves to blame for that for not actually having much new content to show for the game.

I'm sure it will come in the future, but I feel like they should have learned this lesson with Splatoon 2.

....Why do you care so much?
I just get bothered by publishers trying to twist the nature of a project. Call it a pet peeve if you will.

I felt the same way when Sony tried to call the Crash N.Sane Trilogy a "remaster". And then Vicarious Visions tried to call it a "remaster plus".

Just call it a remake you cowards.

I got the same vibe from that Nate Bihldorf (sp?) interview. He says it's made from the ground-up. But he also says it's not a sequel because apparently Smash games are never a sequel to the previous installment.

Again, call it a sequel you cowards.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I wish I could be able to stop looking at veterans characters forum for SSBU, 'cuz every time I look at one thread, all I see is are peoples complaining about changes that will make their character worse or being paranoiac at what is going to work or not work in this new game. Which honestly make my head hurt than anything else, since buff & nerf are one thing, but the change in engine is going to make some characters better, and others worse, see Fox from Brawl to 4 (who was nerfed but still ended up good thanks to the new engine & some buff) & Captain Falcon in Brawl (who got alot of nerf, but his biggest nerf was Brawl engine just not working well at all for Cap.Falcon playstyle, making him even worse). So, the only way to tell if a character is really good or not is when everyone will be able to play the final game, with, you know, the balance and the engine being perfected?

Really, The only forum I have fun to look at now is the Ridley one, atleast they are happy with what they got.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Still pretty dumb and unnecessary to lie about it though, it's literally not built from the ground-up and that's what the Treehouse tried to claim.

At the end of the day, it's only being called a port by some because most of what they've shown so far IS old content.

Splatoon 2 had the exact same problem when it was first announced, but to a lesser degree.
Which is ironic since Splatoon 2 feels even more like a port than Ultimate does.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I wish I could be able to stop looking at veterans characters forum for SSBU, 'cuz every time I look at one thread, all I see is are peoples complaining about changes that will make their character worse or being paranoiac at what is going to work or not work in this new game. Which honestly make my head hurt than anything else, since buff & nerf are one thing, but the change in engine is going to make some characters better, and others worse, see Fox from Brawl to 4 (who was nerfed but still ended up good thanks to the new engine & some buff) & Captain Falcon in Brawl (who got alot of nerf, but his biggest nerf was Brawl engine just not working well at all for Cap.Falcon playstyle, making him even worse). So, the only way to tell if a character is really good or not is when everyone will be able to play the final game, with, you know, the balance and the engine being perfected?
Really, The only forum I have fun to look at now is the Ridley one, atleast they are happy with what they got.

Admittedly, people tend to complain about almost anything, unfortunately, even for a game that's still going through development and hasn't even been released yet. If anything, it just seems like these people on the veteran threads are being a bit impatient when they should be aware the changes being made aren't final outside of examples like Wario's dash attack changing to his iconic Shoulder Bash. It's really just a matter of seeing what happens later rather then now.

At the end of the day, though, patience can be a virtue for some...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly when they showed Inkling’s final smash I forgot that Killer Wail was in the first game.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
And as I've said before, Nintendo has themselves to blame for that for not actually having much new content to show for the game.

I'm sure it will come in the future, but I feel like they should have learned this lesson with Splatoon 2.
The entire gimmick with this game is that it's bringing back buttloads of cut content that likely took as much effort as half a game's worth of full content with the sheer volume of it combined with the effort put into polishing it and revamping already present characters.

The problem is that people have the attention spans of flies, so unless it's SHINY NEW TOYS they assume work done wasn't actual work at all, even if it was specifically things that half the fandom were begging for incessantly.

Even though, y'know, we're getting literally every character back and from the looks of it most likely every stage as well. With all the stages given face lifts. But NEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The entire gimmick with this game is that it's bringing back buttloads of cut content that likely took as much effort as half a game's worth of full content with the sheer volume of it combined with the effort put into polishing it and revamping already present characters.

The problem is that people have the attention spans of flies, so unless it's SHINY NEW TOYS they assume work done wasn't actual work at all, even if it was specifically things that half the fandom were begging for incessantly.

Even though, y'know, we're getting literally every character back and from the looks of it most likely every stage as well. With all the stages given face lifts. But NEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW
Yeah apparently putting Young Link and Pichu in took 2 seconds cause they were in melee. I actually saw someone complain that there was only 1 new character shown for Ultimate.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

There really is an unfortunate part in all this: some people are just being non-grateful about the content we've received when they should understand that veterans take a lot of work to be brought back into other games. Heck, it's not just about porting them from another game, it actually requires fully reworking them in some cases like with Mewtwo back in Smash 4 as I'm pretty darn sure getting his entire Melee model and moveset would of been too difficult to do. Factor into what's happening with people being mad at Sakurai for not putting in Waluigi as a recent example and the result is a bunch of fans who can't accept what's going on with the game.

It just makes me sad, really...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The thing that bothers me the most is waching react videos and seeing people boo WFT, miis and Bayo when they showed up.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Admittedly, people tend to complain about almost anything, unfortunately, even for a game that's still going through development and hasn't even been released yet. If anything, it just seems like these people on the support threads are being a bit impatient when they should be aware the changes being made aren't final outside of examples like Wario's dash attack changing to his iconic Shoulder Bash.

At the end of the day, though, patience can be a virtue for some...
I just wish I could have a ignore option for those threads for awhile, just so I can stop getting baited into expecting peoples to be actually patient and wait to play the game instead of relying on pro player who don't even know how to play some of those characters (playing Zelda like a rushdown character, like, lol). Or if they do main those characters, they should not 100% expect that their character play the exact same, again, the engine is going to make some characters better/worse than others, but now, it's impossible to judge which character is going to get hit the hardest by this.

But like I once said before, the smash speculation for this one is looking to be reallyyyyy not for me. So maybe I'm the problem here, who know?:rolleyes:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There really is an unfortunate part in all this: some people are just being non-grateful about the content we've received when they should understand that veterans take a lot of work to be brought back into other games. Heck, it's not just about porting them from another game, it actually requires fully reworking them in some cases like with Mewtwo back in Smash 4 as I'm pretty darn sure getting his entire Melee model and moveset would of been too difficult to do. Factor into what's happening with people being mad at Sakurai for not putting in Waluigi and the result is a bunch of fans who can't accept what's going on with the game.

It just makes me sad, really...
Oh, you wanna bring up the Waluigi thing?

Somebody sent Sakurai pictures on Twitter comparing him to Hitler and him not adding Waluigi to 9/11 and then made a fuss that Sakurai blocked them.

Fricking A, this fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom