• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

This looks awesome! Too bad Nintendo still hasn't given us a web browser for the Switch yet for whatever dumb reason.
Now this one is far more sensible than the literal desktop keyboard.

Now if we had a proper chat/messaging system or some sort of MMO this could see some use.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
There are times when I wish I can just unadult and spend more time catching up with things I love to do. I don't mind volunteering for various organizations (and there is a chance that I may end up becoming a board member at this point based on some conversations I'm hearing), but I need some Crusha time

MainJPW

M.T.A
This is 4 months late but...

I wouldn't mind living in an alternate universe where we got Yoichi Kotabe's DK designs for Donkey Kong Country instead.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I wouldn't mind living in an alternate universe where we got Miyamoto's DK designs for Donkey Kong Country instead.
A bit sad this isn't an actual mod and just a very elaborate edit.

Great work from him, though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I wouldn't mind living in an alternate universe where we got Miyamoto's DK designs for Donkey Kong Country instead.
This is seriously impressive work, I gotta say.

It's nice to look into what might've been, though I can't say I personally care for the old designs. I'm not sure what it is, but something about them is just......a tad off-putting, to me.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
This is seriously impressive work, I gotta say.

It's nice to look into what might've been, though I can't say I personally care for the old designs. I'm not sure what it is, but something about them is just......a tad off-putting, to me.
DK’s just like “WHAT’S THE DEEEAL WITH BANANAAAAS!?”

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
It could also be because we're so used to DK's current design that the old design seems weird by comparison.

I could also be completely wrong, but eh, wouldn't be the first time.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
alright then mister sandbag :p
Remember, it needs to have something like a foam or gel core.

Otherwise it'll spill sand everywhere whenever you stab it.

Also redfeatherraven redfeatherraven ...
Prepare your back...
See.

Everyone got on you for that, but me, I don't mind. Seen it before, but still like the science behind it.

What actually scares me about this is:

upload_2018-5-19_1-41-20.png

Katt, should I get another headstart?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Drat, I missed out on a Fate series discussion earlier. Seemed like a whole lot of interesting stuff was brought up regarding Fate/GO artists, Raikou, and Fate series appreciation in general.

I'm planning a big discussion topic here regarding Fate, but I'll wait on it for a bit.

Anyways, speaking of Fate, but on a different note, I got two more servants to Max Ascension just today and max-leveled them as well:

Tamamo Cat (top) and Medea Lilly (bottom)!

These two are a duo of four star servants I've had for quite a while. They are even on the same team! Tamamo Cat is the primary attacker, being able to dish out lots of damage on multiple foes with her Noble Phantasm, but it stuns her afterward. This is where Medea Lilly comes in: Medea Lilly uses her Noble Phantasm to remove the stun from Tamamo Cat's NP while also healing any damage Tamamo Cat previously took. Medea Lilly can also buff the healing effect from Tamamo Cat's NP thanks to one of her (Medea Lilly's) skills. Together, the two make great synergy. They haven't been as effective in the past because they weren't high enough in levels, but now that they are both finally maxed out, I can finally make full use of this team.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well now that I don’t have to stress about mafia games anymore I can finally have a decent sleep.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Remember, it needs to have something like a foam or gel core.

Otherwise it'll spill sand everywhere whenever you stab it.
its uni after all, hes probably got nothing but foam in there :V
See.

Everyone got on you for that, but me, I don't mind. Seen it before, but still like the science behind it.

What actually scares me about this is:

View attachment 145143

Katt, should I get another headstart?
your pick

but just fore warning

the hunter always adapts to the thrill against :evil:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just realized I forgot to watch the new Ducktales episode earlier.

I'll fix that tomorrow, if not overnight.

It could also be because we're so used to DK's current design that the old design seems weird by comparison.

I could also be completely wrong, but eh, wouldn't be the first time.
I'm sure that's part of the reason. The old one does look a little goofy to me, but if one likes and is used to a design that's been used for so long, seeing a totally different design in it's place can feel weird.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
your pick

but just fore warning

the hunter always adapts to the thrill against :evil:
Sooooooo I should just lie down and take the tickles to take all the hunting thrill out of it?

I mean that's what I'm hearing.

Well now that I don’t have to stress about mafia games anymore I can finally have a decent sleep.
What Katt said.

Don't break yourself over it man. Just a game. Health comes first.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never noticed that Typhlosion and Charizard have the exact same stats. Every single one of them.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
pretty much

however as i have learned several time from uni, if ya opponent giving ya a free shot take it~
Can't disagree with that.

Certainly it's not quite as interesting though. I mean it's got to be a lot less rewarding than headstart.

HEADSTART HEADSTART HEADSTART HEADSTART HEADSTART HEADSTART HEADSTART HEADSTART

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

That's Yoichi Kotabe's DK design.

Miyamoto's DK design looked like this:

Kotabe is the Jack Kirby to Miyamato's Stan Lee, and the poor dude never gets any credit.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Drat, I missed out on a Fate series discussion earlier. Seemed like a whole lot of interesting stuff was brought up regarding Fate/GO artists, Raikou, and Fate series appreciation in general.

I'm planning a big discussion topic here regarding Fate, but I'll wait on it for a bit.
It always sucks to miss out on discussions you are knowledgeable with. On the other hand, the beginning wasn't much, as it was mainly me ranting about the choice of personality they did for Raikou, or mainly, Berserker Raikou. As supposedly, according to her Swimsuit Lancer form, her Saber form is 100% less of her Berserker personality and 100% business/serious mode. It definitely got more interesting when it switched to other Servant designs, than talking about what got us interested in Fate, and than the potential Servants that the Fate series hinted at.

It would be interesting to talk more about the designs, after seeing some of the different designs some servants can be when they are a different class, as well as seeing some drafts like Helena Blavatsky with a different design from her official one.
It would also be cool to talk about the potential classes some Servants can be, as I never knew how much I wanted a Rider Cu Chulainn until I saw how much of a badass Liath Macha, one of his horses for his chariot and "The King of Horses", is. Like that is one horse you don't ever want to mess with.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I doubt we will get one. It’s likely not available because it was the cause of homebrew on their other consoles. So thy probably figured it’s best to avoid this and maybe stop hackers
And yet the Switch was easily hacked, in an even shorter amount of time.

And all you need is a needle.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Thanks for the correction. I've edited my comment accordingly.

Now I'm just going through Donkey Kong Country character concept art:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/newly-revealed-donkey-kong-country-character-concept-art.1106663/

Some of these are pretty weird.

upload_2018-5-19_4-25-11.png

Heh.

Like this one's face for some reason.

Pretty sure the current DK design approaches some mix of this and the one next to it, but for some reason I can't fully quantify I like this one best.

It's related to the eyes and facial proportions, I just can't describe it in more depth than that.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My knowledge about DK has been greatly expanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom