• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly, Splatoon 2 can be basically summed as "like the first one, but with more"

It's not really a bad thing. After all, why fix what isn't broken? But it does mean there's really no point in trying the original when you can do more or less the same with 2, but with more modes like Salmon Run (which is really fun, btw), Clam Blitz and the monthly Splatfests.

The stuff that's changed is basically some much needed changes anyway, like removing the Damage Up ability or rebalancing the abilities and specials.

Also pants.
If you could pick it up for $20-30, maybe.

Story mode is good, the specials all have a different feel, and though the stages are largely much plainer (and have mostly been ported to 2) they're still fun.

If you only wanted to pick one, though, pick 2. It exceeds the original in almost every way, and has enough control differences that going from one to the other messes you up a bit.
I see.

From the sounds of it so far, the sequel is largely an improvement over the first. I'm not that surprised, I was aware that the game is build off of the first one's resources, but I still wasn't sure about the content differences or online modes.

Thanks for the help, guys! So far, I'm leaning towards getting just Splatoon 2.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If we're going to keep being dirty and branch out into zoology, I'll have you know that there's an entire kind of worm that I would get permabanned for posting pictures of here because it shares such a stunning similarity with a certain piece of anatomy that scientists literally named the worms after it. In English and Latin.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If we're going to keep being dirty and branch out into zoology, I'll have you know that there's an entire kind of worm that I would get permabanned for posting pictures of here because it shares such a stunning similarity with a certain piece of anatomy that scientists literally named the worms after it. In English and Latin.
Woomy Worm? :troll:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I see.

From the sounds of it so far, the sequel is largely an improvement over the first. I'm not that surprised, I was aware that the game is build off of the first one's resources, but I still wasn't sure about the content differences or online modes.

Thanks for the help, guys! So far, I'm leaning towards getting just Splatoon 2.
If I might just push you over that direction one little bit more.

The only reason I would purchase Splatoon 1 at this point is if you already have Splatoon 2 and want to delve into the history.

If you don't have either, get 2.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Woomy Worm? :troll:
Woomy is clearly the hype organ of the Greater Inksquid and you know it.

Now, I'm just gonna sit here and see if anyone takes the bait and scars themselves. :troll:

I have told no lies about the worm thing, but the truth still very much stings the eyes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am thankful that Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy is released in the PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PS4. Now the game can become even more powerful and popular than it already is.
I would also like Crash-Bandicoot for a third party as well. :)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Nah.

Don't do that.

Now, I'm just gonna sit here and see if anyone takes the bait and scars themselves. :troll:
Eh.

Gimme 20 minutes, I'm game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My roster predictions:

Shovel Knight: Pretty smart choice imo. Reps indies a big part of Nintendo did well in the ballot and has gotten his own amiibo and a lot of content for his game and support for Switch. Yacht Club Games seem to be working pretty well with Nintendo so I could see him being likely.

Pyra and Rex or any X2 character: Sakurai stated in one of his famitsu columns how Xenoblade 2 has been one of his favorite games in the longest time. He wrote a ton on it and is super in love with the franchise. We all know Sakurai loves to put what he truly loves in the game (cough only kirby content from the games he worked on). So I bet they are definitely happening, especially since the game sold well and Xenoblade is getting to be a mainline series it seems.

Captain Toad: I see him as an oddball but still logical choice in the same vein as Rosalina. He is pretty similar to her, unique gimmick, multiple appearances throughout Mario and now has his own series which is getting an update based on his other appearances when it comes to switch. So could be higher up.

Bomberman: Konami seems to want to be on track to be a better company again and R was a great launch title for the Switch. Not to mention I'd still consider Bomberman one of gaming's Icons. He's also more logical then Snake, and Simon Belmont doesn't seem likely. A konami rep would be pretty likely for Smash Swtich imo though.

K Rool Or Dixie Kong: I honestly think DK is getting another rep, don't know who, but its long overdue. Plus Dixie was planned for Brawl, K rool has always had a lot of support so you never know. Either way I think it makes sense. With Funky being in the the Tropical Freeze Port I could maybe see him but it's probably unlikely but would be hype.

Bandanna Dee: Ok this last one is more of a wish, but I still feel he has a pretty good support base and he's the last main member of the Kirby Crew. With him being playable with everyone else in a special mode, I feel it be a shame to not include him when his friend's are in Smash. Plus we have no one with a spear, how could you pass up this again Sakurai? Regardless, I would love to have him and hope he shows up.

Thoughts?

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I'm super late to this, but I suppose I should post who I want in the new Smash game.

Impa
Sora

. . . that's all I can think of at the moment. I suppose there's not really a whole lot that I can think of. I feel like it's going to be really hard to top Smash 4's roster.

------------------------
Also, I've had this problem for about a week but I have not been able to log in to Discord lately. I've been able to enter my email address and password just fine, but because my account has two factor authentication enabled, I need to enter the key. However, two factor authentication hasn't been working and I've been locked out of my account. Although, I should mention that this is only the case for browser Discord, and the download version of Discord is able to log me in just fine, but for a while, it's always said that "[my] Discord installation is corrupt". Granted, I don't think I've gotten any viruses yet but I'm afraid of what might happen if I keep using it and I haven't used it since it's said that. So what should I do? Should I make a new account? Or is there something else that I should try doing? Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member

HEY, DOES ANYONE AGREE ON A REX, PYRA AND MYTHRA TRIO FOR SMASH FOR SWITCH? EH EH EH?
If I might just push you over that direction one little bit more.

The only reason I would purchase Splatoon 1 at this point is if you already have Splatoon 2 and want to delve into the history.

If you don't have either, get 2.
My thoughts exactly. Once when Splatoon 2 was gotten during Splatoon 2's release, Splatoon the original was never played ever again in my house.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Inb4 no Rex and Pythra
We get The Zekenator instead.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So guys let's talk politics for a moment
Wait before you all jump out the window, I swear its nothing to controversial!!

Its just I think we can all safely say that the Electoral College in the USA is a complete and utter failure, now I feel no matter your opinion of Trump, the Electoral College was designed to keep people like him out, and no I don't mean his domestic policies, I mean about stuff when it comes to the USA's foreign policy, which is something the President is heavily involved in, after all Domestic policy is cover by Congress with legislation. No what I'm referring to is the fact that Trump has no political experience, something a President needs when it comes to foreign Policy, is political experience, which Trump doesn't have, since he's a business man, which involves a different kind of negotiating skillset, from one that's needed for negotiating between different countries.

Also, a lot of people around the world got scared when Trump got elected, cause he has no understanding of how Nuclear weapons work, and him saying he wants to use them, is what probably scared a lot of people, and why most of us wanted Hillary Clinton instead of him. With that said, rest of the world would've preferred someone like Bernie to be in charge of the USA, and most of us would like the USA to pick up the none interventionist policy it used to have, mainly when it comes to the middle east.

Something I also want to mention, is that every US citizen that says people who don't live in the USA, should keep our noses out. Sure we'll all agree to keep our noses out of the internal affairs of the USA, when the USA Government gets rid of all the Nuclear Weapons they have, fair deal, right?

Another thing I came to a realisation about, you know all those people who say Western culture and society is based around Juduo-Christian value, see the thing is, the Western world isn't. Most of our society comes from ideas of the enlightenment that happened in Europe in the 18th and 19th century. And well we also take a lot of ideas and values from Graeco-Roman, not Juduo-Christian values. My main point here is that Christianity was adopted into the Roman Empire, which controlled Europe, so a lot of the so called Juduo-Christian holidays actually originated from Graeco-Roman culture, and Christianity at the time adapted itself into the Roman culture.

Well, I'm glad I got that off my just.

And to end on a lighter who here wants to learn English to American, just watch this video:

And its in HD and fully Orchestrated if you like:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My roster predictions:

Shovel Knight: Pretty smart choice imo. Reps indies a big part of Nintendo did well in the ballot and has gotten his own amiibo and a lot of content for his game and support for Switch. Yacht Club Games seem to be working pretty well with Nintendo so I could see him being likely.

Pyra and Rex or any X2 character: Sakurai stated in one of his famitsu columns how Xenoblade 2 has been one of his favorite games in the longest time. He wrote a ton on it and is super in love with the franchise. We all know Sakurai loves to put what he truly loves in the game (cough only kirby content from the games he worked on). So I bet they are definitely happening, especially since the game sold well and Xenoblade is getting to be a mainline series it seems.

Captain Toad: I see him as an oddball but still logical choice in the same vein as Rosalina. He is pretty similar to her, unique gimmick, multiple appearances throughout Mario and now has his own series which is getting an update based on his other appearances when it comes to switch. So could be higher up.

Bomberman: Konami seems to want to be on track to be a better company again and R was a great launch title for the Switch. Not to mention I'd still consider Bomberman one of gaming's Icons. He's also more logical then Snake, and Simon Belmont doesn't seem likely. A konami rep would be pretty likely for Smash Swtich imo though.

K Rool Or Dixie Kong: I honestly think DK is getting another rep, don't know who, but its long overdue. Plus Dixie was planned for Brawl, K rool has always had a lot of support so you never know. Either way I think it makes sense. With Funky being in the the Tropical Freeze Port I could maybe see him but it's probably unlikely but would be hype.

Bandanna Dee: Ok this last one is more of a wish, but I still feel he has a pretty good support base and he's the last main member of the Kirby Crew. With him being playable with everyone else in a special mode, I feel it be a shame to not include him when his friend's are in Smash. Plus we have no one with a spear, how could you pass up this again Sakurai? Regardless, I would love to have him and hope he shows up.

Thoughts?
Yeah, there is no Layton:001:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dude, Kurodil doesn't drop ****; they really nerfed his drops in 1.3.0.

I used to get 4-6 Tachyons per battle, now I only get 1-2 even I smash the dude 20 times.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
pm pics pls

D

Deleted member

Great, alek made me want you to pm me picks as well.
I like biology, so let me see this in a PM.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just google "worm that looks like a ****" lol

Chrono.

Xenoblade bias confirmed.

Get hyped for Mecha Fiora, Elma, Lao, Rex, Pyra, Mythra and CAPTAIN PADRAIG.

D

Deleted member

Smash Fans: Waluigi! Badanna Dee! King K. Rool!
Smash Fans ( Weeb Edition ): More XC2 and More FE please! And make the Subspace just for the crossover of those two!
Will they have good frame data this time?
Who knows.
Pyra better be the best character in the game. :yeahboi:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
"Mana is stored in the balls" is just metaphorical, I think. The thing is, having sex with your Servant transfers Mana to them.

My favorite passtime is scaring people away from Fate by mentioning one of the three weird *** lore canon facts while not mentioning all the good ****.
It's just one way. After all, the primary way Shirou helps Saber with Mana due to being a weak Master magically is by feeding her food constantly(and it helps that Shirou is a great cook), last time I checked.

Anyway, the Vengeful Demon's Wall at the Prison Tower Event of Grand Order...Get ready for a LOOOOOOOONG spoiler post.
I would've loved if this was a permanent Mini-story. Especially as it is supposed to be part of the story. The fact that this was a temporary event is an injustice to this awesome mini-story. I'm also lucky that for my 2nd account, I managed to get to the final fight in the last 3 minutes while with my first, I had 2 hours left when I beat it. Either way, I'm going to talk about the main focused characters after I'm done talking about the missions.

-Dark Haired Demon - Envy: A basic start to the story. Just learning about Avenger and trying to question how you got there. Also, the bit with Phantom of the Opera after beating him was a bit interesting, as it showed Phantom rather intact than insane. And we see Avenger's signature line, "Wait and hope."
In terms of battling, Phantom was decent to battle. He had the weakest sin skill, due to me using mostly Arts teams and whatnot. Medea was an MVP here. Either way, a decent start.

-Devil of Purgatory - Lust: Our introduction to "Mercedes", although some will know ahead of time it was Florence Nightingale, due to her appearing in E Pluribus Unum. We see her as another prisoner and we choose to help her. Avenger is moody, but allows it, giving her the name since she can't remember her own. Anyway, she's used for the 2nd bit due to "Lust" being the 2nd floor.
And "Fergus" was funny, even if we learn that the Fergus in the Chateau is an imagery of a Irish Soldier's views on him rather than the real Fergus. Also, quotes of the day: "AND I MOSTLY LOVE WOMEN!" "Mostly?" And no, you're not mishearing. While he acknowledges you more as a comrade than a lover in his bond 5 Dialogue, if you get Fergus to Bond 10, his Craft Essence is a key/invitation to his bedroom, regardless on whether you are a boy or girl.
Anyway, as beating the "image" of Fergus showed, we get a glimpse of Chaldea again with the real Fergus talking with Mash, and he sees what is happening with the player, but knows he can't really do anything to help other than wait.
As for the Battle, it wasn't too bad. For my Phone account, it was easier as I had Heaven's Feel CE and gave it to Euryale, who one-shotted Fergus. For my iOS account, it was tougher due to not having Heaven's Feel, but I still managed to do it without losing too many Servants. George was also an MVP for helping take out the Demon.

-Monster of R'lyeh - Sloth: Here we get some conversation with "Mercedes" and learn a bit more of Avenger. We then witness Caster Gilles as the Embodiment of Sloth, most likely from going from a stalwart warrior to a man who mocks God. After beating him, we get a glimpse of Caster Gilles from Chaldea actually being all considerate and stuff.
Once again, just showing how different the forms from Chaldea and the ones from the Chateau are different. But at the same time, seeing these insane people act relatively sane is actually a nice treat and a nice turn from their insanity moments. Always nice to see when Servants aren't just being one tricks.
-He wasn't too bad for battling either. I actually used Avenger for this fight and he worked well with Mash and Tamamo/Hans. Vlad took him out once he came out to the field, especially with his boosted NP from his London Interlude.

-God Doesn't Speak - Wrath: Jeanne, who appears to know what we are going through, tries to tell us the story of the Count of Monte Cristo, which is pretty much getting at the identity of Avenger. Once again, Avenger tries to talk about the different sin that we are facing, specifically Wrath. We then get to the Embodiment where we find Saber Gilles and Jeanne. Avenger pretty much is pricked at Jeanne, due to her trying to help him. He tries to display her as the Avatar of Wrath, although the battle seems to point that Gilles might be the embodiment, due to him actually having the skill and it making sense why he would have Wrath due to losing Jeanne.
At the same time, it's possible that Avanger ended up mistaking her due to Jeanne Alter and that he thought he was getting Jeanne Alter rather than good Jeanne. Either way, we beat her, we learn more about the Count of Monte Cristo, and Jeanne vows to return and help Avenger, much to his chagrin. Our character tries to speak with him about his past, but Avenger simply tries to be edgy.
-As for the Battle, I swear you could never do this without Avenger, cause good lord, it was taking forever to defeat Jeanne. Nobunaga was the MVP in taking out the majority of the cast, including Gilles and the other Soldier with Jeanne and George was also an MVP. Either way, once Jeanne was the last one, I had George willingly die so Avenger could come in and actually speed things up.

-Heartless Moonlight: Gluttony: This was an amazing chapter just for the main focused character, Caligula. For one of the only times, we actually see Caligula at his most sane. And wow, it was amazing. His dialogue was easily some of the best and just the fact that he was nothing like his Septem form while talking was a huge bonus. This Chapter really made me like Caligula, much like how the Kara no Kyoukai event helped me like Mephistopheles and see him less of a nuisance/complete monster.
Anyway, we talk with Mercedes, talk with Avenger some more, we cut to Caligula being insane in the Chateau and being the Lord of Gluttony, we beat him, we see good Caligula some more being awesomely sane. Pretty good chapter.
-For the battle, Medea and Caster Elizabeth helped with this. However, I did lose one Servant to battling Caligula, allowing me to bring out Saber Bride/Saber Alter, allowing me to take him and the Homuncules out. It was tougher than the first 3, but still didn't take Jeanne long.

-Vengeance is Mine - Greed: We start to reach the end and we find Mercedes missing. Because we can't find her, we simply go with Avenger to the Lord of Greed. We find Jeanne, much to Avenger's displeasure and we also find Amakusa Shirou, who is titled the Embodiment of Greed. Like Jeanne, Shirou wants to help Avenger, which ticks off Avenger even more. We also see them regard Avenger as Edmond Dantes. Avenger denies it however, saying that he is not Dantes, the man who found happiness, but simply the Count of Monte Cristo.
Both Jeanne and Shirou team up to fight, despite them remembering Apocrypha. We beat them, actually sending them away for good, much to Avenger's pleasure and him trying to be all edgy. We ask him if fighting them was really needed. Avenger doesn't get angry, but does bring up the point that if they lost, they may not have been able to escape. We also get some more dialogue from Jeanne in Chaldea, who continues her story on Edmond Dantes. Either way, we're almost at the end.
The Battle took much shorter than Jeanne in the last one. George, Avenger and Shiki helped with this one, as well as Vlad. George and Avenger took out the first 3 dragons, Shiki helped take out the dragon in the 2nd battle, than Avenger, with help from the Chaldea Battlesuit's stun skill, took out Shirou very fast while Vlad managed to finish off Jeanne. Like I said, shorter than Jeanne's previous battle thankfully.

-The Count of Monte Cristo: We come to the final Chapter, where we find Mercedes. While she confirms that she still hasn't gotten her memories back, we see that much like Jeanne and Shirou, she wants to help Avenger as well, much to his displeasure. She is aided by all of the spirits who she supposedly helped, which becomes very notable when you remember she is Florence Nightingale. We manage to beat the spirits, causing Mercedes to disappear, but not without some hope for Avenger.
Avenger tries to be all edgy about her death, despite it looking painfully obvious that he didn't exactly enjoy it. Regardless, he than confirms his identity as the Count and that Chateau D'if is the place where he met his mentor, Abbe Faria, who died and with his death, allowed Dantes to escape. Much like what happened, basically, someone has to die for the other to escape so naturally, we end up fighting against Avenger, the Count of Monte Cristo.
We beat him, and to our surprise, he's actually happy that he is able to help us escape, thankful that he was able to help somebody escape. We learn that the whole reason why we are in the Chateau is because we were cursed to go there by "Solomon" simply looking at us and deeming us dead already. Avenger takes the opportunity to mock "Solomon" for choosing him as the one to try and kill our character. We ask him about the possibility of us seeing him on different terms, where he replies with his signature quote, "Wait and hope." We then come back to Chaldea to a very happy Mash and Roman.
The first battle was tough, especially with the AoE Boss. Medea was my main damage dealer, but Avenger and Vlad also helped. For my iOS account, once Vlad came out, he easily defeated the boss. On the other hand, on my Phone account, I almost lost, except Tamamo managed to survive the last attack from him and took out the boss. Tamamo MVP.
For the 2nd battle against Avenger, it's the opposite. This time, my iOS account had me surviving with just Shiki as the last Servant standing, who managed to use her NP and finish him off. Meanwhile, my Phone account absolutely destroyed him.
For my phone team, I used Tamamo, Euryale and Waver to fight him. While he got to use his NP twice on the iOS account, he couldn't even use his NP once on my phone. He was too busy getting Stunned, Charmed and his NP Gauge taken away to even use it. Seriously Euryale is the MVP of my phone account against him, as she was seriously useful. Getting successful charms off him with her skill And with her NP. Also the fact that I had Tamamo, Euryale and Waver taking away his NP Gauges with Witchcraft, Vampirism and Waver's NP.
Like, this is one of those moments where I wished I could've recorded it. Like, this was an awesome feeling of being able to destroy him without him ever getting his NP out once.

Okay, the Chapters out of the way:
-The main story: I liked this alot. It felt alot like a Prison Escape episode while also feeling like a Gauntlet. Also, learning about Chateau D'If and Avenger made it feel like a mystery as well. Combined with some great writing from the characters, like I said, it's an injustice that this was only a Temporary story rather than a permanent Mini-story.
-The Side-cast: I also liked the side-cast. "Mercedes", Jeanne and Shirou worked as the somewhat hope inspiring people. Mercedes was also nice for her dialogue and dialogue choices, and learning with her about Avenger was also nice. And witnessing some notably insane characters actually being sane was a huge treat. Like I said, Caligula was one of the biggest highlights and had some of the best writing, a major contrast to his role in Septem. Like, even if it was one scene, he had enough dialogue to make me really like him. Also, once again: "I MOSTLY LOVE WOMEN!"

-The main character, Avenger - Edmond Dantes, the Count of Monte Cristo: I really enjoyed him. He had some nice dialogue, he was cheesingly edgy, but the last moment where he is fading and he is happy for helping you escape actually felt like a real tearjerker. It actually makes me sad that I didn't get him as a Servant. Also, I also like his acknowledgement's reasoning. He doesn't accept himself as Edmond Dantes, but as the Count of Monte Cristo, as Dantes got his happy ending, while Avenger is himself just an Avatar of Vengeance and a representation of the people's views on his story and wanting him to succeed at getting vengeance, which isn't exactly a happy ending for him. Or something like that.
Either way, I really enjoyed Avenger. He was hilariously edgy, he had good somber, yet hope-inspiring moments and his ending moment was both heartwarming and tearjerking. And now I feel tempted to get him the next time he appears on the Gacha.
Basically, I really enjoyed this event and enjoyed it's story. I dislike that it's not permanent. I wish it was. Avenger deserves better. But all in all, I would definitely say that this story ranks nicely on the story list. I would say it's better than London, even if London was a main story. While I'm hesitant to say it's around Okeanos level, as Okeanos was a main story and Prison Tower was an event, for what the Event was worth, I would say it ranks beside Okeanos in terms of enjoyability quite nicely.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
After reading some stuff about XC2 character's chances in Smash in /vg/, the subreddit and Menudo Hecc Im pretty sure that most of us would be fine if Rex gets Chrom'd in favor of standalone Pythra.

I hope that happens, sorry Rex, you can Smash with Roc anyway.
I think this can be a Brawl Pokémon trainer situation.
Rex can be a character name and Rex will have Myra, Mythra, and other Blades that Sakurai might like or fit into that category. Rex will have different moveset for each Blade.

I think he might go with a bitball Blade since there isn't any character use bitball as an attack. Or ether cannon blades.
My guess can be...
Pyra/Mythra, KOS MOS, and.. . Floren?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think this can be a Brawl Pokémon trainer situation.
Rex can be a character name and Rex will have Myra, Mythra, and other Blades that Sakurai might like or fit into that category. Rex will have different moveset for each Blade.

I think he might go with a bitball Blade since there isn't any character use bitball as an attack. Or ether cannon blades.
My guess can be...
Pyra/Mythra, KOS MOS, and.. . Floren?
Bitballs are too niche imo

Pythra, KOS-MOS and Zenobia pls

D

Deleted member

It's just one way. After all, the primary way Shirou helps Saber with Mana due to being a weak Master magically is by feeding her food constantly(and it helps that Shirou is a great cook), last time I checked.

Anyway, the Vengeful Demon's Wall at the Prison Tower Event of Grand Order...Get ready for a LOOOOOOOONG spoiler post.
I would've loved if this was a permanent Mini-story. Especially as it is supposed to be part of the story. The fact that this was a temporary event is an injustice to this awesome mini-story. I'm also lucky that for my 2nd account, I managed to get to the final fight in the last 3 minutes while with my first, I had 2 hours left when I beat it. Either way, I'm going to talk about the main focused characters after I'm done talking about the missions.

-Dark Haired Demon - Envy: A basic start to the story. Just learning about Avenger and trying to question how you got there. Also, the bit with Phantom of the Opera after beating him was a bit interesting, as it showed Phantom rather intact than insane. And we see Avenger's signature line, "Wait and hope."
In terms of battling, Phantom was decent to battle. He had the weakest sin skill, due to me using mostly Arts teams and whatnot. Medea was an MVP here. Either way, a decent start.

-Devil of Purgatory - Lust: Our introduction to "Mercedes", although some will know ahead of time it was Florence Nightingale, due to her appearing in E Pluribus Unum. We see her as another prisoner and we choose to help her. Avenger is moody, but allows it, giving her the name since she can't remember her own. Anyway, she's used for the 2nd bit due to "Lust" being the 2nd floor.
And "Fergus" was funny, even if we learn that the Fergus in the Chateau is an imagery of a Irish Soldier's views on him rather than the real Fergus. Also, quotes of the day: "AND I MOSTLY LOVE WOMEN!" "Mostly?" And no, you're not mishearing. While he acknowledges you more as a comrade than a lover in his bond 5 Dialogue, if you get Fergus to Bond 10, his Craft Essence is a key/invitation to his bedroom, regardless on whether you are a boy or girl.
Anyway, as beating the "image" of Fergus showed, we get a glimpse of Chaldea again with the real Fergus talking with Mash, and he sees what is happening with the player, but knows he can't really do anything to help other than wait.
As for the Battle, it wasn't too bad. For my Phone account, it was easier as I had Heaven's Feel CE and gave it to Euryale, who one-shotted Fergus. For my iOS account, it was tougher due to not having Heaven's Feel, but I still managed to do it without losing too many Servants. George was also an MVP for helping take out the Demon.

-Monster of R'lyeh - Sloth: Here we get some conversation with "Mercedes" and learn a bit more of Avenger. We then witness Caster Gilles as the Embodiment of Sloth, most likely from going from a stalwart warrior to a man who mocks God. After beating him, we get a glimpse of Caster Gilles from Chaldea actually being all considerate and stuff.
Once again, just showing how different the forms from Chaldea and the ones from the Chateau are different. But at the same time, seeing these insane people act relatively sane is actually a nice treat and a nice turn from their insanity moments. Always nice to see when Servants aren't just being one tricks.
-He wasn't too bad for battling either. I actually used Avenger for this fight and he worked well with Mash and Tamamo/Hans. Vlad took him out once he came out to the field, especially with his boosted NP from his London Interlude.

-God Doesn't Speak - Wrath: Jeanne, who appears to know what we are going through, tries to tell us the story of the Count of Monte Cristo, which is pretty much getting at the identity of Avenger. Once again, Avenger tries to talk about the different sin that we are facing, specifically Wrath. We then get to the Embodiment where we find Saber Gilles and Jeanne. Avenger pretty much is pricked at Jeanne, due to her trying to help him. He tries to display her as the Avatar of Wrath, although the battle seems to point that Gilles might be the embodiment, due to him actually having the skill and it making sense why he would have Wrath due to losing Jeanne.
At the same time, it's possible that Avanger ended up mistaking her due to Jeanne Alter and that he thought he was getting Jeanne Alter rather than good Jeanne. Either way, we beat her, we learn more about the Count of Monte Cristo, and Jeanne vows to return and help Avenger, much to his chagrin. Our character tries to speak with him about his past, but Avenger simply tries to be edgy.
-As for the Battle, I swear you could never do this without Avenger, cause good lord, it was taking forever to defeat Jeanne. Nobunaga was the MVP in taking out the majority of the cast, including Gilles and the other Soldier with Jeanne and George was also an MVP. Either way, once Jeanne was the last one, I had George willingly die so Avenger could come in and actually speed things up.

-Heartless Moonlight: Gluttony: This was an amazing chapter just for the main focused character, Caligula. For one of the only times, we actually see Caligula at his most sane. And wow, it was amazing. His dialogue was easily some of the best and just the fact that he was nothing like his Septem form while talking was a huge bonus. This Chapter really made me like Caligula, much like how the Kara no Kyoukai event helped me like Mephistopheles and see him less of a nuisance/complete monster.
Anyway, we talk with Mercedes, talk with Avenger some more, we cut to Caligula being insane in the Chateau and being the Lord of Gluttony, we beat him, we see good Caligula some more being awesomely sane. Pretty good chapter.
-For the battle, Medea and Caster Elizabeth helped with this. However, I did lose one Servant to battling Caligula, allowing me to bring out Saber Bride/Saber Alter, allowing me to take him and the Homuncules out. It was tougher than the first 3, but still didn't take Jeanne long.

-Vengeance is Mine - Greed: We start to reach the end and we find Mercedes missing. Because we can't find her, we simply go with Avenger to the Lord of Greed. We find Jeanne, much to Avenger's displeasure and we also find Amakusa Shirou, who is titled the Embodiment of Greed. Like Jeanne, Shirou wants to help Avenger, which ticks off Avenger even more. We also see them regard Avenger as Edmond Dantes. Avenger denies it however, saying that he is not Dantes, the man who found happiness, but simply the Count of Monte Cristo.
Both Jeanne and Shirou team up to fight, despite them remembering Apocrypha. We beat them, actually sending them away for good, much to Avenger's pleasure and him trying to be all edgy. We ask him if fighting them was really needed. Avenger doesn't get angry, but does bring up the point that if they lost, they may not have been able to escape. We also get some more dialogue from Jeanne in Chaldea, who continues her story on Edmond Dantes. Either way, we're almost at the end.
The Battle took much shorter than Jeanne in the last one. George, Avenger and Shiki helped with this one, as well as Vlad. George and Avenger took out the first 3 dragons, Shiki helped take out the dragon in the 2nd battle, than Avenger, with help from the Chaldea Battlesuit's stun skill, took out Shirou very fast while Vlad managed to finish off Jeanne. Like I said, shorter than Jeanne's previous battle thankfully.

-The Count of Monte Cristo: We come to the final Chapter, where we find Mercedes. While she confirms that she still hasn't gotten her memories back, we see that much like Jeanne and Shirou, she wants to help Avenger as well, much to his displeasure. She is aided by all of the spirits who she supposedly helped, which becomes very notable when you remember she is Florence Nightingale. We manage to beat the spirits, causing Mercedes to disappear, but not without some hope for Avenger.
Avenger tries to be all edgy about her death, despite it looking painfully obvious that he didn't exactly enjoy it. Regardless, he than confirms his identity as the Count and that Chateau D'if is the place where he met his mentor, Abbe Faria, who died and with his death, allowed Dantes to escape. Much like what happened, basically, someone has to die for the other to escape so naturally, we end up fighting against Avenger, the Count of Monte Cristo.
We beat him, and to our surprise, he's actually happy that he is able to help us escape, thankful that he was able to help somebody escape. We learn that the whole reason why we are in the Chateau is because we were cursed to go there by "Solomon" simply looking at us and deeming us dead already. Avenger takes the opportunity to mock "Solomon" for choosing him as the one to try and kill our character. We ask him about the possibility of us seeing him on different terms, where he replies with his signature quote, "Wait and hope." We then come back to Chaldea to a very happy Mash and Roman.
The first battle was tough, especially with the AoE Boss. Medea was my main damage dealer, but Avenger and Vlad also helped. For my iOS account, once Vlad came out, he easily defeated the boss. On the other hand, on my Phone account, I almost lost, except Tamamo managed to survive the last attack from him and took out the boss. Tamamo MVP.
For the 2nd battle against Avenger, it's the opposite. This time, my iOS account had me surviving with just Shiki as the last Servant standing, who managed to use her NP and finish him off. Meanwhile, my Phone account absolutely destroyed him.
For my phone team, I used Tamamo, Euryale and Waver to fight him. While he got to use his NP twice on the iOS account, he couldn't even use his NP once on my phone. He was too busy getting Stunned, Charmed and his NP Gauge taken away to even use it. Seriously Euryale is the MVP of my phone account against him, as she was seriously useful. Getting successful charms off him with her skill And with her NP. Also the fact that I had Tamamo, Euryale and Waver taking away his NP Gauges with Witchcraft, Vampirism and Waver's NP.
Like, this is one of those moments where I wished I could've recorded it. Like, this was an awesome feeling of being able to destroy him without him ever getting his NP out once.

Okay, the Chapters out of the way:
-The main story: I liked this alot. It felt alot like a Prison Escape episode while also feeling like a Gauntlet. Also, learning about Chateau D'If and Avenger made it feel like a mystery as well. Combined with some great writing from the characters, like I said, it's an injustice that this was only a Temporary story rather than a permanent Mini-story.
-The Side-cast: I also liked the side-cast. "Mercedes", Jeanne and Shirou worked as the somewhat hope inspiring people. Mercedes was also nice for her dialogue and dialogue choices, and learning with her about Avenger was also nice. And witnessing some notably insane characters actually being sane was a huge treat. Like I said, Caligula was one of the biggest highlights and had some of the best writing, a major contrast to his role in Septem. Like, even if it was one scene, he had enough dialogue to make me really like him. Also, once again: "I MOSTLY LOVE WOMEN!"

-The main character, Avenger - Edmond Dantes, the Count of Monte Cristo: I really enjoyed him. He had some nice dialogue, he was cheesingly edgy, but the last moment where he is fading and he is happy for helping you escape actually felt like a real tearjerker. It actually makes me sad that I didn't get him as a Servant. Also, I also like his acknowledgement's reasoning. He doesn't accept himself as Edmond Dantes, but as the Count of Monte Cristo, as Dantes got his happy ending, while Avenger is himself just an Avatar of Vengeance and a representation of the people's views on his story and wanting him to succeed at getting vengeance, which isn't exactly a happy ending for him. Or something like that.
Either way, I really enjoyed Avenger. He was hilariously edgy, he had good somber, yet hope-inspiring moments and his ending moment was both heartwarming and tearjerking. And now I feel tempted to get him the next time he appears on the Gacha.
Basically, I really enjoyed this event and enjoyed it's story. I dislike that it's not permanent. I wish it was. Avenger deserves better. But all in all, I would definitely say that this story ranks nicely on the story list. I would say it's better than London, even if London was a main story. While I'm hesitant to say it's around Okeanos level, as Okeanos was a main story and Prison Tower was an event, for what the Event was worth, I would say it ranks beside Okeanos in terms of enjoyability quite nicely.
Ah, so that's how it ended then, that's actually a very nice moment.
The Count of Monte Cristo has always been one of my favorite stories so I'm glad they were able to do him justice here. I'd have pulled for him if the ingame currency supply was more like FEH but as it is for a F2P in FGO, you gotta really play favorites if they're 4*-5*. Or how the man says himself: "wait and hope".

This does seem more like a "Gaiden chapter" of sorts from the main story. It's not necessary, but it adds something to the story.
I do like how it's teased ever since the Kara no Kyoukai event though, it's a nice touch that adds continuity between events.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Xenoblade bias confirmed.

Get hyped for Mecha Fiora, Elma, Lao, Rex, Pyra, Mythra and CAPTAIN PADRAIG.
”man 6 fire Emblem characters were bad enough, but now there’s 7 more! Why Sakurai, WHY!?”

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Man with all these Fire Emblem characters they should make an action games based entirely on them.
A game with warriors if you will.

Don't see it happening any time soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom