• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So that means you WERE aware, right?
Not at all.

(As in "yes").

But in seriousness, Kale is a far worse character than Broly. And I'm not saying this just because I'm a Broly fan.
Kale had potential. I was actually excited to see what they would do with her.

.....and to say I was disappointed with the turnout is putting it lightly. It doesn't help that her rabid fanbase somehow manages to ride her **** even more than the more extreme Broly fanboys do to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

The end of Star Wars Rebels incoming.
They're all gonna ****ing die. Except Hera and Chopper (both apparently survive beyond Endor) and maybe Rex if they decide to make him that old guy on Endor.
still no Ahsoka FeelsBadMan

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I decided to ask Davide Soliani (the creative director of Mario + Rabbids) a question today (I actually asked him this question 5 months ago but he didn't respond back then): Did the art shown in the spoiler box below (from a 2007 issue of Nintendo Power magazine) have any inspiration on creating the game?

To my surprise, his response was "Nope it was not"

Not the answer I was expecting. But the similarities between that 2007 art and the real Rabbid Mario is simply uncanny.

Hmm...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

They're all gonna ****ing die. Except Hera and Chopper (both apparently survive beyond Endor) and maybe Rex if they decide to make him that old guy on Endor.

I never really watched Rebels or Clone Wars but I really need to. I love Star Wars and the plot points I've heard or seen clips of seem really cool. I'll probably binge the worthwhile episodes of each over the summer when I'm done with high school.

I wonder what cartoon they'll do next. I can't see them giving them the power to basically shape the new canon's Old Republic (I personally believe that Rian Johnson's trilogy will do that), so it'd be another in-between story like CW and Rebels were.

If I somehow manage to become a successful animator like in my dreams, and Disney comes to me saying I, Mega Bidoof, can make the next Star Wars cartoon, I'd probably do young Palpatine. I'd love to see a villain as the main character and see how he evolved into the mad man he is, and what exactly his relationship with Plagueis was. I'd love to see a sort of father son relationship, having the show start with Sheev meeting Plagueis and end with Sheev officially deciding to take Maul (who he would have been with for a season or so) under his wing, and killing Plagueis.

I decided to ask Davide Soliani (the creative director of Mario + Rabbids) a question today (I actually asked him this question 5 months ago but he didn't respond back then): Did the art shown in the spoiler box below (from a 2007 issue of Nintendo Power magazine) have any inspiration on creating the game?

To my surprise, his response was "Nope it was not"

Not the answer I was expecting. But the similarities between that 2007 art and the real Rabbid Mario is simply uncanny.

Hmm...
I mean there's really only so many ways you can design a rabbid wearing Mario's clothes. You typically would start with a rabbid, then add Mario's clothes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When will we get The Old Republic comics back into canon like they deserve.
#JusticeForZayne

D

Deleted member

Seems like a satisfying conclusion, I think it is going to be enjoyable!
It took Emperor Palpatine almost three seasons to finally fight off the Rebels :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yo yo yo.

Yo yo.

Today I came to the conclusion that I am burned out on gaming. Nothing seems to hold my interest lately.
I feel like I've been having funks like that. I think in my case it's more depression, though. Specific games seem to snap me out of it for large chunks of time somehow, however. BotW ten months ago, and even moreso Skyrim now.

As an aside rant, I don't like, feel a super reverence for BotW like a lot of people do though, although I don't feel like dumping on it or having some kind of whiner rebellion after exhausting it like some cliques either. I enjoyed it and was enthralled with it at the time, but in burning myself out I rendered myself more neutral and kind of vaguely thankful for the memories rather than permanently wooed. Skyrim I'm getting more into actually and somehow already sailed past my BotW play time and will soon pass my Splatoon 2 time, but half the memes I was exposed to prior to playing feel darn unfunny. OK yes, a random guard says they took an arrow to the knee, yes, you can push things with your voice. Who frickin' cares, there's funnier guard dialog and more interesting shouts.

But yeah, sometimes it takes the right game. Or maybe some time to pick up more fuel. It comes back, at least for me. Usually from unexpected places. Checking out games I wouldn't normally consider seems to have a chance of getting it to click, if you're interested in making it flash back in for a bit outside of climbing back up naturally it might be worth a shot.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So I heard about the changes to Youtube's partner program yesterday, which changed the threshold of being able to apply for partnership...

When it comes to money, I had monetization disabled by default, as I wasn't sure if any of my gameplay and music videos qualified.
However, monetization ended up being disabled for me after a while, not even letting me have the option to turn it on, despite this. My channel is in good standing and doesn't have any infractions, so it's odd.

While I have over 1,000 subs, I don't know if I pass the watch limit. Meaning that if I end up doing, say, a commentary video, and it ends up being popular, I might not be able to make single cent out of it.

This is worrying, even if the money thing isn't affecting me that much at the moment.
It obviously wouldn't make enough money at the moment to pass the income I get from my job, and while I only do YouTube as a hobby, it would've still been a nice reward for my efforts in addition to the views.

And then there are the partner benefits, such as custom thumbnails and end cards and analytics. YouTube claims I will still keep these even after partnership ends, but it's still bad for new channels which haven't been partnered yet.

Custom thumbnails can really help with drawing attention to your videos and making them look professional which helps with views. Small YouTubers just had their chances of getting big views lowered down from where it already was. It will also be harder for me to get back to being partnered on a backup account in case my main one gets banned.

To the surprise of nobody, most YouTubers in support of these changes are ones who are already popular and make good money from their vids.

All together, I find this depressing and bit demotivating, even if it hasn't personally affected me as much as some other small YouTubers.

----

Last edited:

Chrono.

Not at all.

(As in "yes").

But in seriousness, Kale is a far worse character than Broly. And I'm not saying this just because I'm a Broly fan.

.....and to say I was disappointed with the turnout is putting it lightly. It doesn't help that her rabid fanbase somehow manages to ride her **** even more than the more extreme Broly fanboys do to him.
Honestly, Kale on her own is pretty boring. But I find her relationship with Caulifla fun.

That said she only really won me over during her tag team with Caulifla against Goku. She may be dead now, but I wanna see where they take her character in the future (if there even is one with Super.) She's already a bit different in the manga so I also wanna see how she (and Caulifla) do there.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Still think

Aoyama isn't the traitor and this is a misdirection.
I hope he is, hate the guy almost as much as mineta tbh.
insert kaminari is the traitor theory comment here
Also if I may ask, what brought this up? General thought, or was there a new chapter today after all? (kissmanga seems to be updating it every two weeks now......)

D

Deleted member

I hope he is, hate the guy almost as much as mineta tbh.
insert kaminari is the traitor theory comment here
Also if I may ask, what brought this up? General thought, or was there a new chapter today after all? (kissmanga seems to be updating it every two weeks now......)
Aoyama is a good boy
Unless he's not
But until it's Serebii confirmed, he's a good boy
Kissmanga takes it from Manga Stream, which takes from some other scanlation site that likely takes it from the actual translators.
So yeah, it's gonna take a whole nefore they upload there.
Just look up "my hero academi chapter 167" and you'll find it in the first result

Chrono.

Android 21 intro. Someone's been leaking the game bit by bit and at the speed of Sonic in Sonic Labyrinth.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Not at all.

(As in "yes").

I like Kale more than Broly.

She’ll get more screen time once Universe 6 gets unerased.

Chrono.

So I'm just learning Female Saiyans are one of the worst classes in XV2.

Feels bad man.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Aoyama is a good boy
Unless he's not
But until it's Serebii confirmed, he's a good boy
Kissmanga takes it from Manga Stream, which takes from some other scanlation site that likely takes it from the actual translators.
So yeah, it's gonna take a whole nefore they upload there.
Just look up "my hero academi chapter 167" and you'll find it in the first result
ah, danke schon.
Dat boi looking pretty suspicious right now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
But how will I play my TotallyNotCauliflua and be happy?

INB4 the femal human im using is second worst
:061:
I say just play with what you find fun. I was a girl saiyan in XV1, Frieza Race in 2 and if a 3rd happens I’ll be Namekian for it.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Damn, 19 pages already and it's been...wait, it's been four days already?

I really do need to post here more often...

Chrono.

What’s the best class then?
From what I'm reading it goes something like:
Best:
- Male Earthling
- Female Earthling
- Male Saiyan

Great:
- Namekian
- Female Majin

Decent:
- Frieza Race

Bottom:
- Female Saiyan
- Male Majin

That being said, this is is all based on their pure combo strings and class traits, everyone is pretty viable especially for PvE when you take skills and **** into account.

The only ones that have a huge disadvantage are the Male Majins, and that's because they were designed to be tanks in a game where tanking is a death sentence, on top of a really underwhelming Awakening Skill.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Best:
- Male Earthling
- Female Earthling
- Male Saiyan

Great:
- Namekian
- Female Majin

Decent:
- Frieza Race

Bottom:
- Female Saiyan
- Male Majin

That being said, this is is all based on their pure combo strings and class traits, everyone is pretty viable especially for PvE when you take skills and **** into account.

The only ones that have a huge disadvantage are the Male Majins, and that's because they were designed to be tanks in a game where tanking is a death sentence, on top of a really underwhelming Awakening Skill.
How can the earthlings be the best, that’s very un-dragon ball z.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Since my luck has been going nowhere when trying to pull NY!Takumi, I decided go for the Radiant Banner. I had two chances to pull Zelgius or Michaiah each, but instead I got this:

Yep, I finally got normal Lyn. She's +Atk -Spd for her IVs though, so she's rather hit or miss.

D

Deleted member

Best:
- Male Earthling
- Female Earthling
- Male Saiyan

Great:
- Namekian
- Female Majin

Decent:
- Frieza Race

Bottom:
- Female Saiyan
- Male Majin

You a DBZ expert? I think so.
Since my luck has been going nowhere when trying to pull NY!Takumi, I decided go for the Radiant Banner. I had two chances to pull Zelgius or Michaiah each, but instead I got this:

Yep, I finally got normal Lyn. She's +Atk -Spd for her IVs though, so she's rather hit or miss.
What is the best nature she can get? +Attack - HP or +Speed - HP?
Also who do you view as the best Fire Emblem character overall competitively in Fire Emblem Heroes?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
What is the best nature she can get? +Attack - HP or +Speed - HP?
Also who do you view as the best Fire Emblem character overall competitively in Fire Emblem Heroes?
Both natures are good, but +Atk wins out in the end because it allows her to hit at maximum damage. +Spd is mainly useful for trying to stop Ayra or Mia, but it's not that necessary in the long run considering that Sol Katti already lets Lyn perform follow-up attacks.

As for best Fire Emblem Heroes character competitively overall: I think it's a tie between Brave Lyn, Hector, and Reinhardt. All three of them can generally fit on any time and have a good enough offense game that allows them to KO most units with ease. Hector also has the added advantage of being a really good tank.

Chrono.

As for best Fire Emblem Heroes character competitively overall: I think it's a tie between Brave Lyn, Hector, and Reinhardt. All three of them can generally fit on any time and have a good enough offense game that allows them to KO most units with ease. Hector also has the added advantage of being a really good tank.
I quit the game a while back, but from what I remember Hector was really good from the start wasn't he?

Ivander

Smash Legend

No, +ATK -SPD is actually a decent option for her thanks to her Weapon's Upgrade.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...n_preparing_for_using_the_weapon_refinery_on/
Basically, her Brash Assault upgrade salvages her -SPD nicely.

My Lyn isn't too bad. She's +HP, -RES. Nothing hurting her main stats, but nothing that great either. But she's great regardless, especially with the Brazen ATK/SPD I gave her.
I quit the game a while back, but from what I remember Hector was really good from the start wasn't he?
Yep. That Distant Counter + Armads....

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
That being said, to say Hector is the only one that has stayed good since the beginning is an overstatement. There are other characters that have been good since day one. Sure they aren't as great as Hector, who has managed to stay on the Number 1 Tier since the beginning, but they started good and have stayed good throughout the game's updates.
-Cordelia
-Nino
-Nowi
-Minerva
-Olivia
-Ryoma
-Azura
-Y.Tiki
-Effie
-Kagero
-Elise

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem Heroes sounds like a really good game, might give it a try.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
First time playing BotW... everyone's reactions to naked Link are worth ignoring whatever clothes/armor I've found. Poor Paya never expected to meet Link that way

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Best:
- Male Earthling
- Female Earthling
- Male Saiyan

Great:
- Namekian
- Female Majin

Decent:
- Frieza Race

Bottom:
- Female Saiyan
- Male Majin

Well that's good to know.

Whenever I clear the Beef Saga and graduate to XV2 I'm aiming to run a ki-based female Majin. Guess that'll be great.

Still yet to settle on a name.

Anyone who knows me really really well knows that i love a lot of things.
These things include
1. Skullgirls
2. Suits
3. Big hitboxes

And then I see this girl with her big ol' staff for big 'ol hits.

I'm in love.
(fun fact, she has a Tharja palette)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone who knows me really really well knows that i love a lot of things.
These things include
1. Skullgirls
2. Suits
3. Big hitboxes

And then I see this girl with her big ol' staff for big 'ol hits.

I'm in love.
(fun fact, she has a Tharja palette)
Thank you for telling this me, I will absorb that information as nutrients and knowledge.

Chrono.

XV2 Majin update

Still cute.

Still deadly.

Meanwhile with Saiyin' Gurl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom