• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
thanks but no thanks. Imma still get it

thanks for worrying about it but Im good
Same, I wasn’t planning on using cloud saves anyways.

Maybe. Although I would expect them to be revealed early on if they were in as opposed to being at the very end.
I meant they’d be an addition that I really didn’t want in Smash.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I meant they’d be an addition that I really didn’t want in Smash.
I'm indifferent really. Xenoblade is a franchise that warrants more than one representative but I would much rather it be Elma lol.

Ivander

Smash Legend
This one seems kind of odd; we already know what Zero Suit Dark Samus looks like.
A mixture of "If it's not, we will make it so", denial, ignorance and plain just don't care. The ignorance coming from just hearing the name "Dark Samus" so anybody who hasn't played or watched the Prime games will think it's "Dark Samus". The denial being that they can't deal with the idea that she's "beautiful" in the way they don't want it rather than Zero Suit Samus beautiful. And the last bit is because some people can just do whatever they want and they just don't care. Heck, could even be for comedic reasons.

The closest to an actual Dark Samus would be SA-X, considering that SA-X uses DNA and whatnot to give it's form, so it can actually look like Samus, even if what we saw under the helmet looked a bit off at the time.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
As for whether or not I will buy the online service, I’m honestly hesitant despite the fact I desperately want to play Smash online when it comes out and still retain playing Splatoon 2 with some of you guys.

However, I’m not sure we can actually do that anymore without throwing in a 20 dollar bill.

That’s just my opinion, though.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The online system is no appealing as it is, and somehow Nintendo made it worse lol.
So................................................... let me get this straight
If you don't pay the subscription after it expire despite you already backed it up...
If you Switch save data is gone during the expiration... you can't get your save data back even if you resub the service?

Me, borrowing Scottthewoz's screaming as my reaction:
Because I didnt want a smash trailer, I wanted to see a mainline Animal crossing and the fact they started with the smash trailer almost made me turn off the direct right then and there
I bet most people prefers a smash trailer that confirms a new character, but yeah, I also prefer them to reveal a new character at first and then a more surprising one at the end.

You literally told Ura he had a double standard for not liking XC2's artstyle, when Golden Sun has a different art style altogether.
Here are some clarifications because you often twist people's quote a bit, it's semi-double standard that I mentioned, which yes it doesn't make too much sense since yes I get the Ura probably prefers Golden Sun's more darker colored style or just it's artstyle... yet Ura dislikes XC2 characters in Smash because of the artstyle... and second, I clearly stated that was my opinion.

And bruh, Golden Sun is pretty much having a similar artsyle like XC2... so... this is a bit of semi-double standard if I do so say myself. I also want Issac though.
But I do admit it wasn't that clear though, I'll give you that.

Personally I never consider a character in Smash lame because of it's design or artstyle... as of right now while I was never too fond to Simon and King K Rool's design, I like all of them being in Smash.

I don't take it seriously, I simply prefer Mythra hahaha. I also asked another friend who the character 69 should be and he also answered Pyra, and I told him I rather have Mythra, only to end up saying "Let's be real, if one gets in the other will to, no point in arguing. But they better add one lol". So me saying that was more of a joke, if we get one then the other is a given.
And also there might be one more rare Blade Besides of just Mythra and Pyra lol. Better be KOS MOS... if Bandai Namco let's her in that is.

There's no "opinion" here. The two of them look completely different and it's not a double standard to like one over the other. That's called a preference.
When it comes to artstyle and how they look, it is opinion-wise for the most part, and similar doesn't mean it's 100% the same, it still does have that difference there, thus I never said they're identical. And last but not least, I even said Ura Ura isn't wrong to think that way, I just think it's weird a just a little bit of double standard -and look at this next quote carefully- in my opinion.
Here's my previous quote to warm up:

Again, I never said it means anything, they just look similar to me. It's just that I think it's weird to like this style but dislike another yet similar style... not saying it's wrong it's just weird to me.
And moreover, your preference just somewhat makes your former quote saying there is no "opinion" here well... contradicting... and also unarguable since you don't even consider there's an opinion on this matter. In this case... not sure why do I even bother at this point lol

How is my opinion on other people's preference not an opinion? Now this your issues here if I do say so myself but hey this is really a "agree to disagree" status at this point am I right?

You can disagree with my opinion all you want, be my guest, just that not sure why you have to go over a lot of fuzz in order to what? Proving me wrong? When I never said my opinion is right nor wrong?

It is great to share different opinions here and there even if it's pretty polarized... only if did right that is, and tbh, all of us didn't do it right... but hey we'll get there.

Bruh it's my opinion. I don't give a rats *** whether or not Rex Raptor and Boobie Girl are DLC in this game.
Good for you, but this doesn't stop me saying your preference is weird though lol.

Just and FYI that, boy if you think Pyra is a boobie girl, not sure how will other XC2 Blades gonna be called lol. (This is just joking, don't take it too seriousy lol)

Well I don't have any online games yet on my switch, so no need to pay for any reason yet, at least for myself. The only reason I would play Smash online when it comes out would be to play with people here on the boards or my friends on discord. Though, I hope they fix at least a few of the problems by then. Shame, the animation of the mario cast playing switch games was nice too.
Yeah, like I mentioned before.

To me, Peach is probably both the most scariest and my most hated Splatoon 2 player lol.
- A charger main
- X rank
- Always get over 20 splats
- Always #1
- Always carry the team wow

And... Luigi and Toad too but they are just uh... not too great playing Splatoon 2.
Rex wnd Pyra might just be the Bayonetta addition for Ultimate in my eyes.
That's not a bad thing to me in my opinion lol since I like Bayonetta too.

Then again my raw thoughts about Rex and Pyra in Smash is that... it's pretty much guarantee that they will be DLC, if there is one.

More of my opinion conclusion, this "not wanting" character in Smash simply because of design and artsyle regard of the game or character itself... is just pretty dumb in my humble opinion.
Welp, finally ready to go. I would have started earlier but I had FE Heroes and KHUx stuff to do.

I really like the title theme.

Gee no wonder why you haven't reply to my XC2 DLC question, because you haven't even started lol.

Man I gotta continue to play this game when I have the time.

Maybe. Although I would expect them to be revealed early on if they were in as opposed to being at the very end.
If I'm be super realistic, they're going to be DLC hands down if there is... if not well... it's bye-bye for them.
This one seems kind of odd; we already know what Zero Suit Dark Samus looks like.

Well... it's not like people on the internet doesn't know that lol.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think what we should really focus on is why Tom Nook had a security camera hooked up to the town hall and was stalking Isabelle

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'M BACK, TORNA THE GOLDEN COUNTRY LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and, since I see Rex/Pyra talk for Smash, I say it right now, give me Lora & Jin instead, thanks, bye.

That being said, TORNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I decided to go for my free summon of the new Fates banner after completing today's chapter in Fire Emblem Heroes. Sadly, no red orbs showed up for my free summon, so I went with blue just to see if I could get Ophelia. What I got instead for my free summon:

Finally, my first normal Ephraim! That's great! ...

... and then I learned, to my horror, that my first normal Ephraim was cursed with a horrid nature of +Res -Atk!

Wow... just, wow... this is now my second Ephraim variant where I pulled one with one of his worst natures possible, as well as the second time he gets the opposite boon and bane of what he wants (he had +Atk -Res, that would've been amazing). The only Ephraim I've ever pulled so far that got a really good nature was my Legendary Ephraim back when his Legendary banner first showed up, and that one had +Def -Res.

It's sad. Is Ephraim really that mad at me for not being a part of his Voting Gauntlet team? I really think so after what happened in my last two Ephraim summons. Looks like I am now forced to use this normal Ephraim as Moonbow fodder (I already have enough Peris for Threaten Def fodder).

On a different note, I finished grinding and building my perfect natured Micaiah that I pulled last night:

It's her optimal build. I'd give Death Blow 4, but I still don't have a Brave Celica to fodder for that skill, and I've got other units at the moment that would need Death Blow 4 more than she does (namely my Halloween Jakob, followed by my Reinhardt).

Still, Micaiah hits quite hard, and if she uses Sacrifice to heal one of her allies, then Desperation activates and she can deliver a very hard punch to her foes. I think she'll make a good ally to my Winter Chrom.

As for the final chapter of Book II:

It was great to see Helbindi turn against Surtr by saving Ylgr and Veronica from being sacrificed. Kinda wish he didn't die though. He's one of the three Book II characters I liked in the end.

I was surprised to see Veronica and Ylgr weren't suffering as much I'd thought. I was expecting Veronica to be very desperate and afraid at the thought of being sacrificed seeing how when she last appeared in the story, we saw her panicking and begging Xander to rescue her from Surtr. Here, she acts rather indifferent to what's going on, almost as if she accepts her fate. We also saw her getting annoyed of Ylgr's talking, and it gave me the impression that Veronica isn't a fan of being around little kids. It's a nice character detail to her.

Really loved seeing Bruno come back to save Veronica and Ylgr from Laevatain. That was cool. His dialogue with Alfonse was nice too.

I was quite bummed to see Laegjarn die in this chapter. It at least fit her character though, seeing how she loved Laevatain so much that she didn't want her to experience the same fate. Still, I wished she was alive so we saw more development from her.

Surtr is finally dead too, but his death didn't make me feel anything. For being such a generic war-mongering villain that he was, I guess that explains why I felt nothing for him when I died. My satisfaction from his death mainly came from "At least he won't have to revive himself again."

As expected, we also learn Fjorm is set to die because of how she offered her self in the Rite of Frost. My guess is that her death will happen either at the end of Book III or once Heroes's story finally comes to a close.

In all, this conclusion felt hit-or-miss. There were some good things that came out of it, but also some things that were left to be desired. It also felt like this concluding chapter was rushed. The way how they concluded Hrid's character arc so quickly with him becoming King left me feeling unsatisfied. I get why he had to take over as King seeing how he was the next-in-line to rule following Gunnthra's death, but I just wished we saw more of him since he ended up being introduced rather late. Maybe he'll come back in Book III as a supporting ally where he will aid our Heroes as King of Nifl. He is still my favorite of the Book II characters at the moment, but I won't deny he was introduced too late.

I was also expecting a cliff-hanger ending where we'd finally learn Loki's real intentions and meet her real master, but alas, I guess we're not having that until the start of Book III.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Been playing Torna, I'm not that far in it but it's been good so far. Just got Addam, Mythra, and Haze.

Things of note are:

-I think they may have done something with the lighting engine because the lighting seems better. Also love how detailed the forest is....juuuust wish this wasn't all stuck on a sub-HD resolution. The faster Yuzu runs this the better.

-The fighting has a good rhythm to it. It's not too different from the main game's battle system but enough so that it has it's own feel. Fighting with one Driver and Blade is also fun here.

-Milton is a good Welsh cat.

-Mythra got verbally BTFO by Jin and Milton lmao. Still doesn't seem like she's gonna be any better here than the main game.

Having a good time so far, I'm interested to see the new environments and see the gameplay get more expansive.

Last edited:

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Man my neck is killing me!
Neck pain can have causes that aren't due to underlying disease, most likely in fact. Examples include prolonged straining, sleeping in an uncomfortable position, stress, or chiropractic manipulation. But judging by the people in this forum, I’m gonna assume it’s prolonged straining.

also Chrono. Chrono. you are such a ****ing Yugioh nerd lmao

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Mythra's cooking reminds me of Squidward carbonizing Krabby Patties

The Spongebob memes for my playthrough write themselves.

Give me Lora/Jin in Smash pls.
If Sakurai adds Hinoka and Sephiroth then we could have something simlar at least.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Neck pain can have causes that aren't due to underlying disease, most likely in fact. Examples include prolonged straining, sleeping in an uncomfortable position, stress, or chiropractic manipulation. But judging by the people in this forum, I’m gonna assume it’s prolonged straining.

also Chrono. Chrono. you are such a ****ing Yugioh nerd lmao
It’s definitely sleeping in an uncomfortable position and stress.

Are you becoming a doctor or something?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
They'd be so much more interesting than a Rex/Pyra/Mythra combo and that's from someone who actually wants them in.

Ugh, kinda kills me now that they'll probably opt for Rex lol.
I know right? Urgh, I'm only beginning, and I'm already feeling more emotion for them than Rex/Pyra/Mythra, and I like all of those jokers!

Once I am far enough in the DLC, I need to make something related to them.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Yugioh.

Look who just got confirmed for JUMP FORCE.

View attachment 164181
Is he gonna be a summon-base type character? Pretty sure he was like that in that DS game, right? Kinda hope they would have at least another YGO character but I think only the bigger series(as in, DB, the Big Three, and maybe Jojo if they still have those) will get multiple fighters.
I'm still not sold on the game, the roster really needs to be more than just "J-Stars but now with new stuff" if they wanna catch my attention.

Chrono.

There's nothing other than that one screenshot of Yugi, but V-JUMP should be dropping early next week so we might see him there.

...Alongside SSGSS Goku who might be his own character.

DnEklZ1W4AAs7Fy.jpg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You just know Jump Force is gonna skip out on Kaiba and Joey too.

Hope they don't sandbag everyone who isn't Goku, Vegeta and Freiza when it comes to Dragon Ball.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I still probably won't buy Jump Force. It'll probably only have the JP VAs, which means I can't hear Dan Green or really any of the dope dub VAs.
No Dan Green or Yong Bosch or Patrick Seitz no buy. Eric Stuart too if Kaiba even shows up.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That .gif looks like he's just stopping his hand from having a seizure instead of anything cool.
The PS1 was a magical time.

There's nothing other than that one screenshot of Yugi, but V-JUMP should be dropping early next week so we might see him there.

...Alongside SSGSS Goku who might be his own character.

View attachment 164184
Weird, because we know Naruto and Luffy's forms are already in the game. Maybe SSB stacks on top of Blue or replaces SS1.

Well, I hope we get at least Gohan. Trunks and/or Piccolo too would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom