• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I only post in this thread and woke up to 13 notifications.

Usually when that happens it means I made people mad, but not this time it seems.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I used to wake up to about five alerts or so, but then the FE board happened and now it's closer to 15 alerts.

Not that I am complaining about that. If the FE board is being active, then the more, the better. :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just whom may I ask?

Isaac, maybe, but for me I think Rex and Pyra are pretty hype worthy.

Then again I'm OK with all the characters in Smash for now.
Maybe for Switch fans but Rex/Pyra would be lame for me because I really don't like XC2'S artstyle.

Well that and Golden Sun is one of my favorite Nintendo IP's and my No. 2 most wanted.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Maybe for Switch fans but Rex/Pyra would be lame for me because I really don't like XC2'S artstyle.

Well that and Golden Sun is one of my favorite Nintendo IP's and my No. 2 most wanted.
Not just Switch fans, also Smash fans, anime fans, JRPG fans, Xeno fans, Monolithsoft fans will be excited as well.

Opinions are opinions thus you can't really say Rex and Pyra in Smash is lame in general. Especially when you are just simply dislike XC2 artsyle, which ok but hey that doesn't affect how good the game is and how well it sold compare to other Xeno titles.

And yes, like my previous post, I actually think XC2's artsyle/ Saitou's artsyle is the best and while XC1 and XCX are great games that I adore too, their artstyle and especially character facial design in the game are my most dislike in my own humble opinion.

And bruh, Golden Sun is pretty much having a similar artsyle like XC2... so... this is a bit of semi-double standard if I do so say myself. I also want Issac though.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not just Switch fans, also Smash fans, anime fans, JRPG fans, Xeno fans, Monolithsoft fans will be excited as well.

Opinions are opinions thus you can't really say Rex and Pyra in Smash is lame in general. Especially when you are just simply dislike XC2 artsyle, which ok but hey that doesn't affect how good the game is and how well it sold compare to other Xeno titles.

And yes, like my previous post, I actually think XC2's artsyle/ Saitou's artsyle is the best and while XC1 and XCX are great games that I adore too, their artstyle and especially character facial design in the game are my most dislike in my own humble opinion.

And bruh, Golden Sun is pretty much having a similar artsyle like XC2... so... this is a bit of semi-double standard if I do so say myself. I also want Issac though.
Golden Sun doesn't look anything like XC2 lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They literally don't though.

SI_GBA_GoldenSun_image1600w.jpg
Xenoblade-Chronicles-2-characters-1024x576.jpg

Gonna assume you mean Saito's art primarily but most of the Blades have a similar bright and less detailed colour scheme.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I check in too often for my alerts to get above 20-25. Besides, I measure board busyness by how many reports you guys make.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Golden Sun doesn't look anything like XC2 lol.
I never said Golden Sun looks like XC2 lol. They both have that anime style though, just with different aesthetics.

They literally don't though.

View attachment 164125View attachment 164124

Gonna assume you mean Saito's art primarily but most of the Blades have a similar bright and less detailed colour scheme.
They are similar from my perspective, both have that anime facial structure. And don't get me wrong, I like both Golden Sun and XC2 artstyle, both have their own charm and themes, which is awesome.

And you should know that other Blades are design and drawn by other artists, and yes, I also like them as well. I like Tanaka (Finch and KOS MOS) more realistic look (Not in XC1 and XCX though... especially in gameplay) as well as Choco's (Praxis, Theory and T-ELOS) big eye style.

And how's your XC2 Torna DLC gameplay going? I have yet to play the game for over 15 minutes, so... yeah... can't wait to play it after I finish my work.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I never said Golden Sun looks like XC2 lol. They both have that anime style though, just with different aesthetics.

They are similar from my perspective, both have that anime facial structure. And don't get me wrong, I like both Golden Sun and XC2 artstyle, both have their own charm and themes, which is awesome.

And you should know that other Blades are design and drawn by other artists, and yes, I also like them as well. I like Tanaka (Finch and KOS MOS) more realistic look (Not in XC1 and XCX though... especially in gameplay) as well as Choco's (Praxis, Theory and T-ELOS) big eye style.

And how's your XC2 Torna DLC gameplay going? I have yet to play the game for over 15 minutes, so... yeah... can't wait to play it after I finish my work.
They are both anime, but that doesn't mean anything. There are many different sub-genres within anime, saying something has an "anime artstyle" is very vague. Both games have an anime artstyle but they look completely different. Golden Sun looks much more like a 90's traditional anime, while XC2 looks more like your stock digital ecchi artstyle. "Anime" really just means it was made by a Japanese animation studio or heavily inspired by their styles.

Saying the two games have the same artstyle is like saying Teen Titans has the same artstyle as Gravity Falls just because they're both Western cartoons.

Teen_titans.0.jpg
gfalls-buynow-edition_thumbnail_mobile_223738.jpg

D

Deleted member

I'm only around here, the new FE subforum, the Discussion thread and DGames. But I mean, I got a ****tom of likes from just the Discussion one and thank god Like alerts have been fixed already.
You know, a lot of you guys have pretty good reaction pics. I should stock up on some.
b07a30b3-65c6-42b5-9b0f-037da23da90f.png

Here's one that I've had saved up but never got a situation to use it on

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They are both anime, but that doesn't mean anything. There are many different sub-genres within anime, saying something has an "anime artstyle" is very vague. Both games have an anime artstyle but they look completely different. Golden Sun looks much more like a 90's traditional anime, while XC2 looks more like your stock digital ecchi artstyle. "Anime" really just means it was made by a Japanese animation studio or heavily inspired by their styles.

Saying the two games have the same artstyle is like saying Teen Titans has the same artstyle as Gravity Falls just because they're both Western cartoons.
Again, I never said it means anything, they just look similar to me. It's just that I think it's weird to like this style but dislike another yet similar style... not saying it's wrong it's just weird to me.

And not to mention your saying of XC2/Saitou looks like stock digital ecchi artstyle is solely from your own perspective as well since there are many non ecchi animes have the similar artsyle as well... or just the anime style in general are never tie to a certain age audience... you have Chibi looking anime yet have dark and mature storylines (Best example, Made in Abyss) and real looking animes that have child friendly story. They are all just aesthetics...

Then the Teen Titan and Gravity Falls is a poor further example in my opinion...one anime inspired and one is literally Calarts.... it's better comparison if you say Teen Titan looks similar to Avatar the Last Airbender, which hey I'm neither gonna deny that nor really care that much lol since I like both.

So yeah, this is really a agree to disagree topic, you can disagree with my opinion and give out your explanations all you want, but I still consider Golden Sun isn't that much of a difference compare to XC2 character facial wise.

Edit:
I don't care much but... yeah, this is technically a bit moving goalpost but... we were talking about why Ura Ura thinks Rex and Pyra in Smash will be lame solely because Ura simply dislike XC2 artstyle...This is like me saying King K Rool in Smash is lame because I don't like King K Rool's design (Which I do a bit lol), but I'm still excited that King K Rool is in Smash.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Some interactions I had with friends discussing the Nintendo Direct, because I feel they are worth sharing.

This first one was just after the Isabelle trailer

Friend#1: I feel betrayed, where the hell is my ****ing Animal Crossing
*Ten seconds later*
Me: There you have it lol
Friend#1: ...Welp, guess my wallet is going to cry

And these were on class

Friend#2: not the biggest fan of Isabelle, but it's better than nothing. Next character better Waluigi
Me: *internally screaming because some people don't understand deconfirmations*
Nah dude, next character is number 69, we need someone else
Friend#2: OH IT'S TRUE. Next character better be Pyra then, **** Rex
Me: nah, **** Pyra too. Mythra it's where it's at.
Friend#2: ...Actually yeah, Mythra's better.

Me: So... Did you see the Nintendo Direct?
Friend#3: Yeah, kinda disappointed since they didn't show Metroid.
Me: I guess. At least we got Smash, right? What do you think of Isabelle?
Friend#3: It's not Goku so I don't care.
Me: *disappointed but not surprised*

Was kinda fun discussing the Direct hehehe. Guess that's what happens when most of your friends aren't into videogames that much. Friend#2 is the one most knowledgeable but still not into Smash like us here.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Some interactions I had with friends discussing the Nintendo Direct, because I feel they are worth sharing.

*Ten seconds later*

And these were on class

Friend#2: not the biggest fan of Isabelle, but it's better than nothing. Next character better Waluigi

Was kinda fun discussing the Direct hehehe. Guess that's what happens when most of your friends aren't into videogames that much. Friend#2 is the one most knowledgeable but still not into Smash like us here.
My heart speaks to Friend 1

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

*Ten seconds later*

And these were on class

My personal honest opinion on your friend is... and no offense...

"Man your friend is delusional lol."

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Konami to Stratos: "Did you make it off the list?"

Stratos: "Yes..."

Konami: "What did it cost?"

Stratos looks down at his 3 copies of A Hero Lives. 2 of them fade away into dust.

Stratos: "Everything."

I hope someone gets this joke.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
But I mean, I got a ****tom of likes from just the Discussion one and thank god Like alerts have been fixed already.
I don't know if it's just me or if I have something set up wrong, but for me like alerts are grouped by person, rather than by post. So if I make a bunch of posts in the Ultimate thread, I still get dozens of alerts from there, and then one alert reading "Shishœ liked 942 of your posts" (which usually means I posted something about Etrian Odyssey, if nobody else is getting the references).

I should probably just turn like alerts off. Not like I need them to tell me who likes me. :p

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I check in too often for my alerts to get above 20-25. Besides, I measure board busyness by how many reports you guys make.
I report a lot of those spam/advertising bots that seem to advertise the same thing, who also happen to post early in the morning. Do you get much of those?

D

Deleted member

I don't know if it's just me or if I have something set up wrong, but for me like alerts are grouped by person, rather than by post. So if I make a bunch of posts in the Ultimate thread, I still get dozens of alerts from there, and then one alert reading "Shishœ liked 942 of your posts" (which usually means I posted something about Etrian Odyssey, if nobody else is getting the references).

I should probably just turn like alerts off. Not like I need them to tell me who likes me. :p
Mine appear separately until I hit "resummarize alerts". Which is annoying but I can live with.
Though depending on the case, these alerts either become "X number of users liked your post in..." or "Y liked Y of your posts".
I have 39 from you stacked up, don't act innocent :p

Also, I need Like alerts on because I need validation.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Which one lol, it's three different people.
Oh, there's three friends? lol didn't notice the numbers...

#2 and #3 obvious, and a bit of you when it comes to want Rex and Mythra but not Pyra lol, this is half joking btw.
Now that I think about it, the reviel for 2019 Animal Crossing could of been done better. And by better, I mean not putting the Smash trailer before it
Why? Smash reveals have been pretty trolly recently.
Putting it after Smash trailer was probably the best way Nintendo announced their next big game.
This is Animal Crossing community right now:

And try to make this Tom Nook cumputer staring pic into a meme plz:
And check out some fanarts... apparently Zero Suit Dark Samus is a thing for a while now:
And sheesh Falco, you too? <<Starfox 64 Slippy quote reference:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Why? Smash reveals have been pretty trolly recently.
Putting it after Smash trailer was probably the best way Nintendo announced their next big game.
This is Animal Crossing community right now:
Because I didnt want a smash trailer, I wanted to see a mainline Animal crossing and the fact they started with the smash trailer almost made me turn off the direct right then and there

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675

The online system is no appealing as it is, and somehow Nintendo made it worse lol.

#2 and #3 obvious, and a bit of you when it comes to want Rex and Mythra but not Pyra lol, this is half joking btw.
I don't take it seriously, I simply prefer Mythra hahaha. I also asked another friend who the character 69 should be and he also answered Pyra, and I told him I rather have Mythra, only to end up saying "Let's be real, if one gets in the other will to, no point in arguing. But they better add one lol". So me saying that was more of a joke, if we get one then the other is a given.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Again, I never said it means anything, they just look similar to me. It's just that I think it's weird to like this style but dislike another yet similar style... not saying it's wrong it's just weird to me.

And not to mention your saying of XC2/Saitou looks like stock digital ecchi artstyle is solely from your own perspective as well since there are many non ecchi animes have the similar artsyle as well... or just the anime style in general are never tie to a certain age audience... you have Chibi looking anime yet have dark and mature storylines (Best example, Made in Abyss) and real looking animes that have child friendly story. They are all just aesthetics...

Then the Teen Titan and Gravity Falls is a poor further example in my opinion...one anime inspired and one is literally Calarts.... it's better comparison if you say Teen Titan looks similar to Avatar the Last Airbender, which hey I'm neither gonna deny that nor really care that much lol since I like both.

So yeah, this is really a agree to disagree topic, you can disagree with my opinion and give out your explanations all you want, but I still consider Golden Sun isn't that much of a difference compare to XC2 character facial wise.

Edit:
I don't care much but... yeah, this is technically a bit moving goalpost but... we were talking about why Ura Ura thinks Rex and Pyra in Smash will be lame solely because Ura simply dislike XC2 artstyle...This is like me saying King K Rool in Smash is lame because I don't like King K Rool's design (Which I do a bit lol), but I'm still excited that King K Rool is in Smash.
You literally told Ura he had a double standard for not liking XC2's artstyle, when Golden Sun has a different art style altogether.

There's no "opinion" here. The two of them look completely different and it's not a double standard to like one over the other. That's called a preference.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Bruh it's my opinion. I don't give a rats ass whether or not Rex Raptor and Boobie Girl are DLC in this game.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

The online system is no appealing as it is, and somehow Nintendo made it worse lol.

I don't take it seriously, I simply prefer Mythra hahaha. I also asked another friend who the character 69 should be and he also answered Pyra, and I told him I rather have Mythra, only to end up saying "Let's be real, if one gets in the other will to, no point in arguing. But they better add one lol". So me saying that was more of a joke, if we get one then the other is a given.
Literally what's the point of cloud saves, if they delete from taking a break.
Hoping for Elma before Pyra/Mythra, honestly.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
So I just found out that there's a slight continuation of that Isabelle "They wanna Smash me" pic. The internet never ceases to amaze me.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Literally what's the point of cloud saves, if they delete from taking a break
Yeah, it really makes no sense. Guess it's another of those moments when Nintendo still doesn't understand something while implementing it.

Hoping for Elma before Pyra/Mythra, honestly.
Me too lol. The problem is that I don't see Elma happening to be honest, her only shot is being in the base game and compared to all the newcomers she doesn't hold a candle so she's a no-hoper for me at this rate. And even though I joke about the other two, they ain't happening in the base game, they are just DLC material. I just want more Xenoblade in Smash hahaha.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Alright, now that we've all had a chance to think about the direct and what Nintendo has in store, I’m sticking to my guns. I will not be buying Nintendo's online service, and I would suggest you all do the same. This service is not worth the atrocious online experience. We are now being required by a gaming company, in 2018, to pay $20 a year for P2P netplay, inability to back up data for the games that need it most, an abysmal effort for voice chat, access to a useless app, and 30 year old games. That’s gonna be a resounding nope from me dawg.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well I don't have any online games yet on my switch, so no need to pay for any reason yet, at least for myself. The only reason I would play Smash online when it comes out would be to play with people here on the boards or my friends on discord. Though, I hope they fix at least a few of the problems by then. Shame, the animation of the mario cast playing switch games was nice too.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Welp, finally ready to go. I would have started earlier but I had FE Heroes and KHUx stuff to do.

I really like the title theme.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Rex wnd Pyra might just be the Bayonetta addition for Ultimate in my eyes.
Maybe. Although I would expect them to be revealed early on if they were in as opposed to being at the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom