• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I got a 5* Faye out of my free summon, neat. Shouod I kill her for Firesweep or WoM3?

Unrelated but this is a reminder for the Smash fandom
View attachment 156847
100% the Firesweep Bow. With Wings of Mercy, you can use Cain for that and he's become much easier to get thanks to his star downgrade. Faye is the only one who has a Firesweep Bow and the Firesweep Bow is incredibly deadly with Archers like Brave Lyn, Bow Hinoka and Summer Takumi.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh, hey new calendar

I can bet that the next banner is CYL2, as the latest datamine included data strings with "BRAVE" and "POPULARITY" on their names.
I find it interesting how they mention there'll be a new GHB that starts on September 4, yet the closest to a new banner that might be associated with the game the GHB comes from is the one that starts on September 7. Seems a bit odd for a new GHB to start a bit earlier than the banner associated with it is planned.

Alright.

Scraped together twenty more orbs. Off to the Grima store.

...and now no greens. But this looks promising. Let's see if I pull my fourth Effie:

Well hello there.

View attachment 156842

+HP / -SPD. Perhaps not the optimal tanking setup but I don't believe it'll disappoint.
That's exactly the same IV spread as my Hardin!

Speed is his ideal bane, and while HP may be a mediocre boon, it does help him give slightly more bulk. My Hardin still does quite well even with that IV spread.

------

The Summer banner finally came to a close last night. On its final hour, I tried to pull for Summer Camilla for the Hone Fliers and/or another Summer Takumi to boost my current one's stats, but I had no luck with either of them. Instead, I got my first normal Linde!

But sadly, Linde got an awful nature: +Def -Spd. Shame that she had to get her worst bane and a not-so-ideal boon. Definitely not a Linde I want to use.

On the bright side, I finally got my first Shanna in literally forever! Technically, it's been months since I last had Shanna, but you get the point. The months-long Shanna drought forced me to use all my Navarres as Desperation fodder when I needed the skill.

Now that I finally have a Shanna of my own, I was able to finally complete a build for a character that I've been holding on reserve for months:

Thanks to Shanna, Spring Kagero finally got the Desperation she has long been searching for! No doubt she'll make a very effective unit now that she has Fury+Desperation combination, as well as a perfect nature of +Atk -Def.

She has Brash Assault seal equipped to deal with the Distant Counter like units that are normally troublesome for her, but she can also use Defense Ploy seal to make good use of her high Resistance to deliver a bigger dent on some foes.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Trying the DBFZ beta on Switch. Never played the game before.

I have no idea what the heck I'm doing but I'm having fun and winning my matches.

Gotta pick this game up sometime, though probably on PC or PS4.
I remember did a huge attack with Goku and not even know how I did it lol.

Definitely not getting on my laptop since my laptop is become more and more like a potato as time goes one, might get it once I played more. So Switch is still my best option, I actually like DBFZ now more than BBCTB. Still gonna get Skullgirls on Nintendo Switch though.

I would also like to point out DBFZ Beta somewhat easily lags when you play with someone with wired internet and other who has Wifi...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They'd only be angry cause it's the truth
Trump: Lets leave the France plan!
Congress: Okay.
Trump: Lets leave the Iran Nuclear Deal!
Congress: As you wish.
Trump: Lets put trade tariffs on our allies!
Congress: On it.
Trump: Lets build a space force!
Congress: Yes sir! It will be completed by 2020.
-_-

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I remember did a huge attack with Goku and not even know how I did it lol.

Definitely not getting on my laptop since my laptop is become more and more like a potato as time goes one, might get it once I played more. So Switch is still my best option, I actually like DBFZ now more than BBCTB. Still gonna get Skullgirls on Nintendo Switch though.

I would also like to point out DBFZ Beta somewhat easily lags when you play with someone with wired internet and other who has Wifi...
Having Wifi doesn't matter if it's fast.

My Wifi actually has faster speeds than most of the console networks can handle.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7541636587.png

I only have high ping right now because I'm uploading a 4K YouTube video of one of my matches but I'm not playing any matches in the mean time. Usually I get around 10-15ms.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I join the club of people who have been playing the DBFZ beta on the Switch. I already played it (and with a Pro Controller) on the gaming event I went this July, so this was more to see how the connection goes more than anything.

I usually rock Adult Gohan/SSJ Goku/SSJ Vegeta, but I started noticing that nobody knew how to play and I was bodying everyone really hard. I decided to change Gohans and go with the teen version (Have to have one Gohan), but I'm still bodying the hell out of everyone. I've been throwing raw level 3s like crazy and people don't block them lol. Heck, in one match I picked 16 to see if I could self-destruct dunk on the 3 characters, but apparently after you self-destruct once you can't use it again... Shame. Either way, I still have to lose a single match in this beta, though no one seems to know how to play so I shouldn't be so proud about that lol.

Joy-cons really aren't meant for fighting games, I've dropped some combos due to the special move motion didn't coming up, and double jumping seems a little hard. And on performance, I played the game on portable mode and it does look a bit blurry when the models are far away, but otherwise it looks great, I didn't feel any kind of frame drops or something like that. The game did randomly crash during one game, so that should be noted.

Connection has been a bit rough, mostly with 9 frames of delay. Some games were literally unplayable to the point the game just disconnected, but I'm fine with a little lag, I was born in it after all, and the combos I do don't require really strict timing so no real issues. Still, I wish the Switch had a lan port so I could play wired like in the PS4.

Either way, it's a good port. Don't think I'll double dip since I have the Season Pass on PS4, but if any of you guys want to get bodied play some DBFZ matches now that it's the beta, I'm game.

D

Deleted member

Enjoyable. To say the least. Its good to see k. Rool back in highlight, and the Belmont are sastifactory. Modes and additions are also good to see and was overall pleasant.
Classic Mode looked amazing.
I liked all of the newcomers.
What was the best part of the direct?

Also it would be amazing if we got Brawl's Adventure Mode.

D

Deleted member

I'm still banking on us getting Melee's.

Mainly because it was executed better, imo.

Not saying Subspace wasn't fun, just that Melee's Adventure Mode was more fun.
If Spirits does turn out to be a Melee Adventure Mode, it would be like this.
Every character per series has a round based off of them and you have to collect their spirits.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Holy ****, Reddit is good for once, a gay man died and left a lot of money to his boyfriend and his homophobic family tried getting legal advice because they ignored the will and took the money themselves and literally everyone tore that bigot's a new one

D

Deleted member

My two most wanted Switch releases are Mario Maker and Mario Galaxy 3.
Do not say Odyssey or Mario 3D World is Mario Galaxy 3 or my nerd rage will explode.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My two most wanted Switch releases are Mario Maker and Mario Galaxy 3.
Do not say Odyssey or Mario 3D World is Mario Galaxy 3 or my nerd rage will explode.
Except Mario Odyssey is basically Galaxy 3.

You just trade Spin with Cappy and linear levels based purely on platforming with a placebo effect of openness where you get moons just by existing :V

D

Deleted member

I am just curious, did they buff Beerus?
The patch notes said:
BEERUS:

• Standing Light:
    • reduced the start up frame.
    • Expanded the hitbox forward.
  • Crouching Light: Reduced the start up frame.
  • Z Assist: Increased the move distance.
  • Sphere of Destruction, Z Assist:
    • Increased the non-recovery frame on hitting an opponent while they are not moving by Beerus' attacks.
    • Changed the way an opponent is blown away on hit.
  • Sphere of Destruction: Can now be canceled into Special move, Z change or Sparking! on repelling the sphere with a normal attack.
  • Ground Sphere of Destruction(Heavy ver.):Now Beerus floats a little higher when pressing↓.
So yes, but time will tell if it's enough to get him out of low tier.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, pretty much: while I grew up on both games and would love to see a third game, I already know we're very likely to get Super Mario Odyssey 2 at this point.
All righty. -_-

I also really want a Mario Maker for the Switch. Nintendo please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom