• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know praline said it first, but I don't think you should bother with Chiko, if you don't agree with his points, then he is just going to post wall of text explaining how you are wrong and how he is right. Proof, I tried to debate with him, it didn't end well.
It didn't end well because you didn't provide me with good points.

It was you who got riled up, not me.

Stop imagining some personality problem for me. Provide me with decent points and I'll see them.

The problem is that you guys assume everything you say is irrefutable, so when I refute it, it's because "I have personality problem".

Because you see your own opinion as objective proof. I don’t agree with Shisho, I think Subspace seems better than WoL. I don’t even know if I’ll touch WoL. But that still doesn’t make your opinion objectively true.

Also doesn’t help to say that someone disagreeing with you is proving yourself “right as usual”.
I didn't say my own opinion was objective proof. Like, ever. Once again, you're trying to project feelings onto me that aren't there. I simply said WoL is disappointing and explained why, people felt the need to argue with that but all arguments presented to me were strawmen and damage control such as "just don't play" which completely ignore my actual criticisms (the point of my post wasn't whether or not I can ignore WoL, I was discussing the mode itself and what I feel could have been done much better).

You can keep trying to villainise me for literally pointing out the truth but it's falling on deaf ears. Your obsession with guilt tripping people like you are some moral high ground instead of talking to them as equals is eye-rolling. That's a real sign of a person with an ego.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm not against being critical of the single play content. But Worst in the series? When frickin' Smash Wii U exists? With Smash Tour, it's version of Classic mode and Event Mode? And yet World of Light and Spirits Mode is worst than Smash Tour?

Recency bias at it's finest.
How dare you say it's bad?

Smash Tour is a beautiful work of art that only true fan of fighting game and Mario Party can appreciate, proof, nobody can understand how it work precisely, even after all those years! How couldn't you like it? Everyone as friends who want to play Smash Tour, right?:4pacman:

Potato_

Smash Lord
This is a ****ing fighting game, what the hell were you guys expecting? It's not mindless grinding, it's playing the damn core gameplay. There's enough variety in Spirit Battles that they're more diverse than your average fighting game session.
And people act as if you have to go through all of WoL and do nothing else when you can just, you know, do anything else inbetween.
I was expecting pretty much what we got, which is why I'm not complaining about WoL, but at the same time I can understand the gripes of those that are. The variation is there, but it's not to the point where it's considerably different each match. It's more like regular gameplay with some very slight modifiers (from what I've seen), and I can get why matches against the CPU can get tedious.

Granted Spirits isn't required for character unlocks, which is why I never claimed you HAD to play WoL or anything. Really you don't have to touch the mode at all.

There are also a lot of fighting games with fantastic single player content. The two are not mutually exclusive by any means.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not against being critical of the single play content. But Worst in the series? When frickin' Smash Wii U exists? With Smash Tour, it's version of Classic mode and Event Mode? And yet World of Light and Spirits Mode is worst than Smash Tour?

Recency bias at it's finest.
Smash Wii U's single-player is still bad but it at least had more modes and I did like some of the Event Matches which are more interesting than the Spirit Battles.

Also I don't consider Smash Tour a singleplayer mode. It's a multiplayer party game and I think there's like, one unlock tied to it, and I honestly think it's fun to play every so often with friends. Smash Run is the same, it's a multiplayer mode that most people ended up playing in singleplayer simply because it had no online support.

D

Deleted member

I think all of the Smash games aren’t all that great and get boring kind of fast especially on your own.

I’ll wait for this game to be released for awhile before I can truly state how fun it is. As I remember really liking Smash 4 on its initial release and now that game seems really boring to me.

All of the games have different issues for me though. The first game, well, yeah, that one’s self explanatory. Then there’s melee which I’ll give that it’s speed makes it fun, but I really don’t like most of the roster in it and the game’s aesthetics are pretty ugly. Brawl is pretty great content wise, but the combat is pretty slow and boring. Then there’s smash 4 which I think started out pretty good, but overtime it got pretty boring. The single player and stages on Wii U suck. I actually like the 3DS version better when it comes to content and that’s the one I got the most fun out of. I gave it to a friend though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Hey Bryan I need you to get the dishes done."

"Hey Bryan I need you on register."

"Can you check the dining room please?

"Garbage needs to be changed. Can you get that done, please?"

"Hey Bryan, can you stay in an extra hour? We need the help."

D

Deleted member

Smash Tour was fun for what it was but it seemed really last minute and not at all a "goes in the main menu" kind of mode. I've had fun playing it with my brother and I'm sure it would have been better with four players.

D

Deleted member

Stop imagining some personality problem for me. Provide me with decent points and I'll see them.

The problem is that you guys assume everything you say is irrefutable, so when I refute it, it's because "I have personality problem".
You’re consciously an asshole to people, but refuse to acknowledge that. That’s your problem.

I didn't say my own opinion was objective proof. Like, ever. Once again, you're trying to project feelings onto me that aren't there.
You can keep trying to villainise me for literally pointing out the truth but it's falling on deaf ears. Your obsession with guilt tripping people like you are some moral high ground instead of talking to them as equals is eye-rolling. That's a real sign of a person with an ego.
Just pick one dude. I sure as hell not doing both of those things at once. Are you stating your humble opinion or Le Truth?

You’re the one who’s clearly projecting since you always talk down to people and act all high and mighty because you think you’re stating some objective truth others aren’t.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You’re consciously an ******* to people, but refuse to acknowledge that. That’s your problem.
No I'm not, if I wanted to be an asshole troll, I'd be banned. I honestly am just trying to have some discussion about video games and other topics I am interested in.

Just pick one dude. I sure as hell not doing both of those things at once. Are you stating your humble opinion or Le Truth?

You’re the one who’s clearly projecting since you always talk down to people and act all high and mighty because you think you’re stating some objective truth others aren’t.
When I said "keep trying to villainise me for pointing out the truth", I was referring to how you're villainising me for pointing out that something I said last night that was a problem, has been proven right today and is now a problem in this thread. It has been objectively proven that you can't post constructive criticism in this thread without people assuming you hate the thing and making these brash assumptions about you. That's clearly a bit of a problem, not just for me, but I've seen it cause trouble for others too.

So yeah, you're still twisting and projecting intent and thoughts that isn't there. I wasn't saying my thoughts on WoL were objective. That is an assumption you made, and a very illogical one at that based on the actual wording of my posts on the subject.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Granted, I won't get on or shortly after launch day, but this is still hype.

I can hardly believe we're already this close to a new Smash game. Especially one that's absolutely earned it's title of "Ultimate".

D

Deleted member

No I'm not, if I wanted to be an ******* troll, I'd be banned. I honestly am just trying to have some discussion about video games and other topics I am interested in.
You can still ride the line of being an asshole without being warned yet alone banned. I just want you to stop talking down to people, you don’t seem to be aware that you are doing it, but you definitely are when you say that people are doing damage control and other **** constantly even when they aren’t.

When I said "keep trying to villainise me for pointing out the truth", I was referring to how you're villainising me for pointing out that something I said last night that was a problem, has been proven right today and is now a problem in this thread. It has been objectively proven that you can't post constructive criticism in this thread without people assuming you hate the thing and making these brash assumptions about you. That's clearly a bit of a problem, not just for me, but I've seen it cause trouble for others too.
That’s not a truth, that’s your opinion. You being proven right on your own opinion is not objective. It’s stroking your own ego in other people’s faces.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

You started the debate by being pissed by a joke a made about how Nia "suck" by calling me bad at video game.

I didn't riled up either, (the only thing that really bothered me was that boring ass Nia True Solo challenge I tried to see your point better. That, and the fact you ignored a big point in my post which you ignored for some reason, forcing me to point you in bald letter that I wasn't ignoring your point), I just ended the debate because it lasted hours and ended up going to the same point over and over again: I think Nia can work just fine, but she is underwhelming as a playable character compared to everyone else, you don't think, so you just say I suck and I should get better so that I can understand your waifu isn't bad in any way.

I don't consider myself a great XB2 player in any way, I do not have the best equipement ever and I tend to use team that aren't sometime the best, but after 500~ hours of playing this game, I think I have the right to say which character I feel aren't that fun or good to play, and Nia is that for me. Does that mean that Nia suck period? No, again, in the debate we had, multiple times, I said that Nia was alright, and that was fine for you, but not for me, and you shouldn't tell me what I enjoy because in the end, it's my opinion, it's not better than your opinion or anyone opinion, it's just that: my simple, stupid opinion over a video game character who I can still like in other way that aren't gameplay, that's all I needed, and that's why I ended the debate, because I know you would have continued for a few more hours if I didn't stop it.

Finally, while I could have just left that as just you being way too defensif about a bad joke I made about your favourite character being put in a bad light. The fact, this isn't the first time, I am not the only one who think that way, mutliple peoples in this thread (and others places for that matter) say how much you are just a bad person to debate with, and it's nothing new either from what I heard, you just want to be always right and put yourself (or what you love) into a pedestal. Maybe that's not how you intend to do, but you certainly give off the image of being a douche, and now, peoples are tired of that and just don't want to talk with you, because they know they have a bad time due to your negatif way of going about everything and putting others down, and if lots of peoples feel this way, how much does it say about you as a person?

Brief, that's all I had to say on the matter, I ignored you for a reason, and I am not falling into the same hole twice. I thought you would have change since last time, but really, you are still the same as ever, and if that's how you want go about it, fine, but don't complain then when others users will start ignoring or making fun of you.

Also, it's pizza time for me, and pizza time always take priority over all other time. (Beside Reyn Time of course
reyn time (2).png
)

So, have a nice pizza, mon ami.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Smash Ultimate releases in less than:
s-l300.jpg Hrs.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You can still ride the line of being an ******* without being warned yet alone banned. I just want you to stop talking down to people, you don’t seem to be aware that you are doing it, but you definitely are when you say that people are doing damage control and other **** constantly even when they aren’t.
I don't say it constantly, and I only say it when it's actually the case. Saying things like "you don't have to play it" or "at least it's better than Subspace" in response to my criticisms on WoL IS damage control in a debating context. It's trying to minimise the weight of my criticism by comparing to and directing attention away to something else that is unrelated to my criticism and my point.

That’s not a truth, that’s your opinion. You being proven right on your own opinion is not objective. It’s stroking your own ego in other people’s faces.
It is a truth that that people with a less than 10/10 opinion on something get branded as haters even if they like something and merely have some constructive criticism on the subject, despite the fact they do indeed like the thing they are criticising.

It is a truth that I noted this last night, and people noted that it was true.

It is a truth that this happened to me in this very thread just now.

And it's a truth that it's happened before and causes problems in this thread.

Nothing about this is stroking any ego. These are facts. I'd vouch for them just as strongly if somebody else pointed it out. If someone else had been the target of praline's ignorant and purposefully inflammatory comment and had also pointed out what I did last night, I still would have called out praline and noted how this person had only just eluded to this toxic behaviour the night before and that praline is just proving their point and that this thread's community is letting it be a reoccurring problem and using it to pick on people.

You started the debate by being pissed by a joke a made about how Nia "suck" by calling me bad at video game.

I didn't riled up either, (the only thing that really bothered me was that boring *** Nia True Solo challenge I tried to see your point better. That, and the fact you ignored a big point in my post which you ignored for some reason, forcing me to point you in bald letter that I wasn't ignoring your point), I just ended the debate because it lasted hours and ended up going to the same point over and over again: I think Nia can work just fine, but she is underwhelming as a playable character compared to everyone else, you don't think, so you just say I suck and I should get better so that I can understand your waifu isn't bad in any way.

I don't consider myself a great XB2 player in any way, I do not have the best equipement ever and I tend to use team that aren't sometime the best, but after 500~ hours of playing this game, I think I have the right to say which character I feel aren't that fun or good to play, and Nia is that for me. Does that mean that Nia suck period? No, again, in the debate we had, multiple times, I said that Nia was alright, and that was fine for you, but not for me, and you shouldn't tell me what I enjoy because in the end, it's my opinion, it's not better than your opinion or anyone opinion, it's just that: my simple, stupid opinion over a video game character who I can still like in other way that aren't gameplay, that's all I needed, and that's why I ended the debate, because I know you would have continued for a few more hours if I didn't stop it.

Finally, while I could have just left that as just you being way too defensif about a bad joke I made about your favourite character being put in a bad light. The fact, this isn't the first time, I am not the only one who think that way, mutliple peoples in this thread (and others places for that matter) say how much you are just a bad person to debate with, and it's nothing new either from what I heard, you just want to be always right and put yourself (or what you love) into a pedestal. Maybe that's not how you intend to do, but you certainly give off the image of being a douche, and now, peoples are tired of that and just don't want to talk with you, because they know they have a bad time due to your negatif way of going about everything and putting others down, and if lots of peoples feel this way, how much does it say about you as a person?

Brief, that's all I had to say on the matter, I ignored you for a reason, and I am not falling into the same hole twice. I thought you would have change since last time, but really, you are still the same as ever, and if that's how you want go about it, fine, but don't complain then when others users will start ignoring or making fun of you.

Also, it's pizza time for me, and pizza time always take priority over all other time. (Beside Reyn Time of courseView attachment 181845)

So, have a nice pizza, mon ami.
You're leaving out the part where I responded to your joke with a joke of my own ("wow you're just bad at vidya games, git gud"), but you got then responded with a wall of shaky arguments on how Nia isn't good in Xenoblade 2, and only then did I offer a few counterpoints and try to have a discussion. But then you immediately put me on Ignore.

It's fine if you didn't want to have that discussion or maybe you didn't pick up on the fact I was joking about the "git gud" thing (my apologies if that wasn't clear, I thought it was but it's hard to know on text forums and such), but don't try and omit details and use it to paint me as the villain.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Some of y'all are getting way too defensive over other people's opinions.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hey guys what's going on here- oh.

40 hours of gameplay, huh? Wow. That kind of is a lot. I imagine they expect you to switch up your characters a lot though, which should break up the monotony. I think I'll personally be fine but we'll see.

That said I don't see the rush to unlock everything at once. I think in someways our obsession with unlocking everything and getting all of the content as quickly as we can can kind of hurt our experience. Play the game at your own pace. Don't be too hasty about getting to your main and instead give some other characters a try for a while. If we were all expected to play just one character, the roster wouldn't have over 70 of them.

I'm in the boat that believes Smash single player has always sucked though so I don't really see what all of the fuss is about.
They shoulda made Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur as their own slots. They could have all had their own pokemon trainer too
But switching midfight is fun though and represents what Pokemon is about.

And Charizard sucks on his own. Source: Am Charizard main.

D

Deleted member

I don't say it constantly, and I only say it when it's actually the case. Saying things like "you don't have to play it" or "at least it's better than Subspace" in response to my criticisms on WoL IS damage control in a debating context. It's trying to minimise the weight of my criticism by comparing to and directing attention away to something else that is unrelated to my criticism and my point.

It is a truth that that people with a less than 10/10 opinion on something get branded as haters even if they like something and merely have some constructive criticism on the subject, despite the fact they do indeed like the thing they are criticising.

Nothing about this is stroking any ego. These are facts. I'd vouch for them just as strongly if somebody else pointed it out. If someone else had been the target of praline's ignorant and purposefully inflammatory comment and had also pointed out what I did last night, I still would have called out praline and noted how this person had only just eluded to this toxic behaviour the night before and that praline is just proving their point and that this thread's community is letting it be a reoccurring problem and using it to pick on people.
Shisho wasn’t doing damage control though, that’s just an extension of his opinions.

Those aren’t facts, that’s your perspective. You seem to think of your own perspective as “facts”. I wouldn’t even say you being an asshole is a fact, it’s relative. Though I would say that you are a pretty consistent one in other people’s perspectives.

And I don’t doubt you would have if it was for the cause of stroking your own ego once again saying how you’re so purely objective and here’s all these people in this thread opposing your own “facts”.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

You're leaving out the part where I responded to your joke with a joke of my own ("wow you're just bad at vidya games, git gud"), but you got then responded with a wall of shaky arguments on how Nia isn't good in Xenoblade 2, and only then did I offer a few counterpoints and try to have a discussion. But then you immediately put me on Ignore.

It's fine if you didn't want to have that discussion but don't use that moment to tell me lies, especially when I was the other party.
I certainly didn't remember you joking in that way, I also admitted that some points I made weren't great, I want as far to test them in-game to see if I was right or not, and you know what, I was wrong on some of them indeed. (I made sure to always point out in my post when I was wrong after testing btw)

I also admit that some of my points weren't explained in the best way, but in the end of the end, my big point was that Nia felt underwhelming to me. She isn't bad, but she feel weak to me, or not as fun as the others drivers, I feel like I could give all of her rare blades to other drivers and I wouldn't miss much at all. It is wrong to feel this way? And if no, why did you wanted to continue a debate that didn't need to go farther?

Plus, I find it really strange you do not admit anything "bad" on your part, this debate wasn't just me being wrong. Again, you ignored a point from my part which I had to quote and put in bald to show you I was listening to your points, seriously, why do you never admit you may able to make mistake like I do?

Also, that debate had lasted hours with wall of text on both side, it didn't need to go even longer, especially when I made my point, and I put you ignore because I know that I could do hours of this, but after awhile, it just because tiresome, and when it become tiresome, you need put your feet on the ground and say to yourself:

Before you just ruin your time and everyone else time.

Which I am going to do now btw because I am seeing peoples getting tired of this discussion.

Lastly, no, I am not spreading lies, or rather, if I do, I am not the only one who is lying for sure, we both have different point about how this debate was for the both of us, but I know for sure I didn't have a good time at all debating with you at the end of it, and if others post are anything to go by, I am not the only one who feel this way. So if you want any advice from me, if you want to debate with others, make them want to debate with you, because if you give a bad image early on and don't try to improve your attitude in any way, then don't come complain afterward when they just ignore you to not start another debate with you.

Brief, I see I'm falling in the hole again, so time to quit & relax for a bit, have a nice day sir.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Plus, I find it really strange you do not admit anything "bad" on your part
I literally just admitted that I might have been unclear in my joke and that it may have come off as offensive.

But whatever. I've been weeded out, just as was written on the agenda.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Some of y'all are getting way too defensive over other people's opinions.
I don't know if it was directed at me, but if it was:

Yeah, I do admit that debates aren't for me, my brain melt really fast when I make long post, and in all, I think I am also responsible for how things go out of hands before with the Nia debate

Tho, I say that, but what do you think about me? Because it's easy for me to say I am bad and be free, but I seriously want to know if I am a decent person to talk with, and for that, I be ready to hear if you think I am not good or not.:ohwell:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Me: I think we should all step out of our comfort zones and play and improve with characters we aren't used to. The release of Ultimate makes this the perfect time to do that.

Also Me: I wonder what's the absolute fastest way to unlock Pokemon Trainer.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Tho, I say that, but what do you think about me? Because it's easy for me to say I am bad and be free, but I seriously want to know if I am a decent person to talk with, and for that, I be ready to hear if you think I am not good or not.:ohwell:
I don't know if this question is just for Opo or for everyone, but I personally think you're a really cool dude. I think your posts are pretty chill and funny most of the time, and I really appreciate you being here on the site, I was actually missing you the last couple of days because you didn't show up. So yeah, cheer up!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Me: I think we should all step out of our comfort zones and play and improve with characters we aren't used to. The release of Ultimate makes this the perfect time to do that.

I think part of Andre's (among others) problem with World of Light was trying to get it all done within a short space of time.

It seems like a mode that benefits from not trying to beat it all at once.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't know if this question is just for Opo or for everyone, but I personally think you're a really cool dude. I think your posts are pretty chill and funny most of the time, and I really appreciate you being here on the site, I was actually missing you the last couple of days because you didn't show up. So yeah, cheer up!
You...you missed me?

...Wow, hold on, I'm not used to this, for real I swear! But...

While I know some peoples liked me, I didn't thought that anyone missed me that much on this thread or my jokes (which I think are pretty hit or miss most of the time tbh) when I had my anxious level into max and needed to take a break from this forum. (Which is great because I just raise my anxious level back to max!)

Really, I'm being honest here, thank you for saying this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

World of Light should be played more like an RPG. Enjoy the journey while you can and don't worry about getting to the end quickly.
Spirits and Fighters ensure you'll always be getting something new everytime you play it so the progression will feel constant.
But if unlocking stuff is what you want then just play Classic Mode or normal matches.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You...you missed me?

...Wow, hold on, I'm not used to this, for real I swear! But...

While I know some peoples liked me, I didn't thought that anyone missed me that much on this thread or my jokes (which I think are pretty hit or miss most of the time tbh) when I had my anxious level into max and needed to take a break from this forum. (Which is great because I just raise my anxious level back to max!)

Really, I'm being honest here, thank you for saying this.
I mean, you're one of the most enjoyable users to have here:

-Nice jokes
-Chill
-Nice spritework.
-Malos Memes

Potato_

Smash Lord

With the original 64 cast being what we start with I'm really excited to play more Link...

But I also want to find the fastest path to Robin, Snake and Ridley so I can just grind them out.

Really there's just too many characters I want to play.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I mean, you're one of the most enjoyable users to have here:

-Nice jokes
-Chill
-Nice spritework.
-Malos Memes
Right. So um. I'm not joking, but my phone went kinda wonky on me, and I might of accidentally reported this comment. Sorry mate. I guess you'll just die. ;(

I've been saying that too much lately.

D

Deleted member

I really like you. You never say harsh things to me, just ways I can improve. You are a fun person in general. You are a pretty calm person and I look forward to playing Ultimate with you.

Do not let the haters mess you up. :shades:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Right. So um. I'm not joking, but my phone went kinda wonky on me, and I might of accidentally reported this comment. Sorry mate. I guess you'll just die. ;(

I've been saying that too much lately.
Can't wait for the "User was warned for being too nice"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I might be getting a 4 day weekend: I requested tomorrow off work for "important stuff" :p, I don't work on weekends, and the reports of snow Saturday through Monday might excuse me from work on Monday.

IxLrz3T.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom