• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Speaking of weird rights and licencing issues.

Kinda disappointing Pokemon spirits didn't include characters from the games. The Pokemon Trainer fighter spirit doesn't even have the official artwork from FR/LG lol.

Would've been neat to have like an N spirit battle or a Lt Surge spirit battle with a giant Pikachu and a Guile Spirit in Pokemon Stadium LMAO.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's not really Square's fault, not completely anyway.

Final Fantasy rights and licencing are just a goddamned mess all around. Square themselves have trouble using old FF music for FF14 events because of Uematsu. They don't completely own the character designs either, all of those are owned by Tetsuya Nomura.

It was always gonna be an uphill battle for Cloud.
I find it rather weird. I mean, Nomura is perfectly cool with FF7 being in Smash and I don't see him having a problem with putting in FF7 characters as Spirits. And for Uematsu, as far I know, he doesn't have a vendetta against Square, considering he still works with them from time to time, or Smash. Like I can see the issue with the licensing, yet one is completely cool with it and another I don't feel would have an issue against it.
Then again, besides ownership and all parties needing to be cool with it, I don't know too much about licensing or the possibility that there might be more to it than just Square and Nomura/Uematsu.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I find it rather weird. I mean, Nomura is perfectly cool with FF7 being in Smash and I don't see him having a problem with putting in FF7 characters as Spirits. And for Uematsu, as far I know, he doesn't have a vendetta against Square, considering he still works with them from time to time, or Smash. Like I can see the issue with the licensing, yet one is completely cool with it and another I don't feel would have an issue against it.
Then again, besides ownership and all parties needing to be cool with it, I don't know too much about licensing or the possibility that there might be more to it than just Square and Nomura/Uematsu.
For the music, it's a similar case to that of Sugiyama (DQ composer) in that Uematsu does his own concerts with his band and getting the music would be way more costly than normal.

I feel it's more of a case of Sakurai choosing to hold back rather than Square not letting him.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Regarding the Sonic movie, there's a new poster on the net
View attachment 182832

But from what I'm reading this one might be fake, due to having different shoes from the ones shown officially, or they might be from some early looks and changed after (that's the two things I've been reading). Sad because I'm kinda fine with this design, proportions look a bit odd, but the eyes are good. We'll see how it ends up.
omggg this can't be real i'm literally crying and shaking right now sonic would NEVER be friends with a cop, he's a revolutionary

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
For the music, it's a similar case to that of Sugiyama (DQ composer) in that Uematsu does his own concerts with his band and getting the music would be way more costly than normal.

I feel it's more of a case of Sakurai choosing to hold back rather than Square not letting him.
Honestly I’m kinda ok with barely any music cause that aside we still have ****ing Cloud in Smash.

Chrono.

Honestly I’m kinda ok with barely any music cause that aside we still have ****ing Cloud in Smash.
Can't argue with that.

And to be honest I don't care about FF7's soundtrack beyond the boss theme... which we already have.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm still disappointed we got Cloud instead of someone more interesting and Nintendo-relevant like Cecil or Bartz or like half of the cast of FF6. I get that Cloud and FF7 are the bigger deals in terms of recognisability, but you can't convince me he's any more interesting a fighter than any of those people would have been.

a Miss Cloud alt would kind of make up for it though

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Final Fantasy rights and licencing are just a goddamned mess all around. Square themselves have trouble using old FF music for FF14 events because of Uematsu. They don't completely own the character designs either, all of those are owned by Tetsuya Nomura.

Which sucks because there’s no final fantasy spirit fights. There’s so much potential for them too.
Speaking of weird rights and licencing issues.

Kinda disappointing Pokemon spirits didn't include characters from the games. The Pokemon Trainer fighter spirit doesn't even have the official artwork from FR/LG lol.

Would've been neat to have like an N spirit battle or a Lt Surge spirit battle with a giant Pikachu and a Guile Spirit in Pokemon Stadium LMAO.
That guile one would be hilarious. Actually shouldn’t he have one? He’s an assist trophy and I think all of the assists have spirits. My bigger disappointment is that any Pokémon that can mega evolve do not have the ability to be promoted from their spirits normal form.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Got my first 4 star spirit. Tabuu. Too bad he’s a neutral type.
Neutral's not a bad thing. Sure, it doesn't give you a major advantage over another color, but it means the color you're fighting against also doesn't get an advantage over you. And he does have 3 slots which does allow for alot of customization.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
That guile one would be hilarious. Actually shouldn’t he have one? He’s an assist trophy and I think all of the assists have spirits.
Yeah, he has a spirit battle, did it earlier today. One of the toughest too IMO. Captain Falcon is the character you fight, and as all Street Fighter battles, you are on an omega stage with low jumping abilities. His only gimmick is that his assist trophy appears, but damn is he annoying lol. You have nowhere to run since it's an omega stage, he stays all the time he wants, and he also blocks most of your attacks... Being a 4 star makes it even harder.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Neutral's not a bad thing. Sure, it doesn't give you a major advantage over another color, but it means the color you're fighting against also doesn't get an advantage over you. And he does have 3 slots which does allow for alot of customization.
Tabuu definitely helped me defeat a couple of characters.

oh yeah praline praline Online for stardew switch is out only problem, I dont play starwbew much anymore
Honestly I haven’t played it in forever either lol

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Curious question: what television shows have you all been watching lately, and who is your favorite on said show(s) and why?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Got my first 4 star spirit. Tabuu. Too bad he’s a neutral type.
I'm. . .honestly kind of surprised he's your first.

I mean, he's a required get in order to progress in WoL since he's on the direct path in an area, but there's a lot of other four star Spirits before him and probably a few easier ones.

Congrats on finally breaking into the big leagues, though. Once you have one the rest follow much more easily.

Chrono.

I'm. . .honestly kind of surprised he's your first.

I mean, he's a required get in order to progress in WoL since he's on the direct path in an area, but there's a lot of other four star Spirits before him and probably a few easier ones.

Congrats on finally breaking into the big leagues, though. Once you have one the rest follow much more easily.
He showed up on the shop for me lol.

Was surprised to see him there, what a fall from grace.

Chrono.

Curious question: what television shows have you all been watching lately, and who is your favorite on said show(s) and why?
Riverdale lol.

I thought I'd hate it. Fave character is probably Jughead but that may change once I go to season 3.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Riverdale lol.

I thought I'd hate it. Fave character is probably Jughead but that may change once I go to season 3.
I’m curious if it does as everyone is getting a spotlight basically in riverdale season 3. Last nights episode was wild

D

Deleted member

Fun question time! Maybe this will make me feel less distraught that I am still missing out on Ultimate.

Sa...for me the TV stays off in more recent years. But every once in a while I do cycle through all episodes of Three's Company, as well as The Ropers and Three's A Crowd. My favorite characters are the Ropers and Mr. Furley because of the following...

6Bcb.gif
200.gif

Those were put under spoilers since these appear to have a fairly large file size....

Sayonara :kirby:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Uh, so Daniel Radcliffe is going to be in a starring in a...you guessed it, Playmobil movie. I will never be convinced that anyone really thought this would be a thing.

Animation actually doesn't look terrible. Really reminds me of the Lego Movie, for obvious reasons.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Does anyone else wonder why Once Upon a Deadpool exists? Like, a random, Christmas inspired, PG-13, intercut, rerelease, version of an R-Rated movie that came out just earlier this year seems super ****ing weird to me. I know the Disney buyout is right arou d the corner but I figured they were going to just let Deadpool be Deadpool till he stars in Avengers movies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh, so Daniel Radcliffe is going to be in a starring in a...you guessed it, Playmobil movie. I will never be convinced that anyone really thought this would be a thing.

Animation actually doesn't look terrible. Really reminds me of the Lego Movie, for obvious reasons.
Adam Lambert's in it? That's interesting....

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I'm not much of a television person nowadays but I've been rewatching Gargoyles. I never realized how dark it is for a Disney television show until I began watching it again after so many years. As for favorite character, obviously Goliath.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Missed this earlier.

Haven't watched much TV for years, recent hospital time aside. Mostly been keeping up with YouTube videos.

I feel like I might go binge a few things later, though.

We're getting a Morgana Mii aren't we?
Please yes.

Morgana Swordfighter please and thank you.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

Yeah, you’re right, just wish we got more Final Fantasy music tracks. :ohwell:

I’d take Ryuji, Ann or Makoto over Morgana.
Definitely Ryuji, Futaba, or Goro Akechi, Makoto, Ann, Yusuke, or Haru but I’m willing to bet Joker’s Alts will be based on the different party members. I’ll also guess Arsene will be in his Final Smash. :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom