• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Because it's not a timeline at that point but a multiverse chart.
The working theory up to Hyrule Historia was a two-prong timeline that diverges from OoT. The "Future" where there's no Link and Ganondorf is sealed in the Sacred realm, and the "past" where Link returns to after his journey back before he first met Zelda and stops Ganondorf's plan from ever being executed. Two paths made from the effects of the same journey.
"Link dies" can't happen in the same journey where he finishes the game, ergo it's no longer one, split, timeline because of that contradiction.
Link can still die, game over screens and all :v
How would you know about comic timelines, though, your a weeb. :v

Well, yes I'm glad he's there to, but, Kumatora makes sense cause she's the one who learns PK Starstorm. Boney's use in the game is to find enemy weakness, with his sniff ability, and most players otherwise end up using him as the one to use high damaging items with.

D

Deleted member

I don't either.

Re-read the post. :V
I meant more like "what does this have to do with this discussion?"
Like, yeah, we all get it, Smash isn't canon but what does that add to the current discussion?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I meant more like "what does this have to do with this discussion?"
Like, yeah, we all get it, Smash isn't canon but what does that add to the current discussion?
Ah, wait. I thought ye were talking about people who were complaining about the differing Zelda character designs not making sense because of timeline BS.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I was really hoping for BotW based designs for everyone, with the exception of Toon Link. Having a mix-up of games though is neat. Now we have Breath of the Wild with Link, A Link Between Worlds with Zelda, technically Twilight Princess with Shiek, Ocarina of Time with Ganondorf, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask with Young Link, and Wind Waker with Toon Link.

I was hoping that there would be multiple versions of each character though, like TP versions of Zelda and Ganondorf, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh my ****ing god, you know who is saying that Daisy is a semi clone in Smash Ultimate.

I was really hoping for BotW based designs for everyone, with the exception of Toon Link. Having a mix-up of games though is neat. Now we have Breath of the Wild with Link, A Link Between Worlds with Zelda, technically Twilight Princess with Shiek, Ocarina of Time with Ganondorf, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask with Young Link, and Wind Waker with Toon Link.

I was hoping that there would be multiple versions of each character though, like TP versions of Zelda and Ganondorf, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Sheik is based off BotW definitely she’s wearing the sheikah outfit from that game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So when can we get the Smash Ultimate stock icons as emotes here? They're all on the website.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
In honor of my new name

"you're so fat, you have a gravitational pull!"
"You're so fat you're too big for smash!"

Ok. We good?
:061:
Oh my god, you used my suggestion.

I feel so proud~

Oh wait, I was supposed to lick a Ridley statue....
:troll:
Wait until the Ridley amiibo is released then :troll:

In math, we always made 5 closer to 10 than 0.
I don't know how your school works, but in my mind, this applies to rounding out numbers.

Ah, I see.
*starts watching it*
....Ummmm...Samus does not have a Dark Samus Alternate color? Hmm....have we seen Assist Trophy Dark Samus?
The lack of alt doesn't mean anything.

Pit and Dark Pit had alts of each other in 4.

So when is Smashboards going to update and get the sexy SSBU renders everywhere? :D
But it already has the renders of Smash Wii U :troll:

Oh my ****ing god, you know who is saying that Daisy is a semi clone in Smash Ultimate.
Despite vocal confirmation that she's a complete clone? LMAO

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh my god, you used my suggestion.

I feel so proud~

Wait until the Ridley amiibo is released then :troll:

I don't know how your school works, but in my mind, this applies to rounding out numbers.

The lack of alt doesn't mean anything.

Pit and Dark Pit had alts of each other in 4.

But it already has the renders of Smash Wii U :troll:

Despite vocal confirmation that she's a complete clone? LMAO
I was hoping he’d **** off now that she’s in the game but I think he got worse.

He deleted all the tweets about this lol

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Oh, right. I forgot, you a weeb, with a connection to the Marvel cinematic universe. :v

What plothole?
The plot hole is that in the Oracle games when Oracle Link and Zelda meet, its stated to be the first time they ever met, so by the very nature that is a plot hole, cause ALTTP Link and Zelda met already. So the Oracle versions cannot be the ALTTP versions.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm PUMPED for Daisy, my homegirl can whoop some butt and I always had faith in her. Even if she's a clone if she's a faster or stronger Peach she's going to be soooo much better to play as.

Chrono.

Sheik isn't really based on Twilight Princess anymore and uses the Stealth Armor from BotW.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Sheik is based off BotW definitely she’s wearing the sheikah outfit from that game.
Sheik isn't really based on Twilight Princess anymore and uses the Stealth Armor from BotW.

Damn, good catch. I noticed the armor plating but didn't make the connection.

Well, rest in peace, Twilight Princess outfits. It was a good run.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I saw people complaining about Ultimate having everyone back as if that were a bad thing. FFS get lost with this ungrateful garbage!

I'm PUMPED for Daisy, my homegirl can whoop some butt and I always had faith in her. Even if she's a clone if she's a faster or stronger Peach she's going to be soooo much better to play as.
Hell yeah! HELL YEAH

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah we know at least one more character is coming beyond Sakurai.

Remember Sakurai had some robot figure with a gun that he saying he was using to help model a character shortly before smash was announced.

So either elma, Ray mk or someone else is likely playable

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh yeah we know at least one more character is coming beyond Sakurai.

Remember Sakurai had some robot figure with a gun that he saying he was using to help model a character shortly before smash was announced.

So either elma, Ray mk or someone else is likely playable
Ray MK would be cool. If they’re just going with popular choices I think he’d be more likely than Elma, also K. Rool and Isaac could potentially be in the game.

He did say to not expect many newcomers so I figure 5-6 are about the max it’ll be.

D

Deleted member

Oh, so I was watching some MHOJ videos and one of them happened to show how Toga's Quirk works ingame.
Spoilers regarding her Quirk, obviously
It just straight up turns her into whoever she's fighting. Like, this dude was fighting against Dabi, turned into him and started throwing fire all around the place too.
I actually like this, especially as I wanted Monoma due to his copying ability so this is the closest I'll get. Though it is weird, creative liberties and all that, her not being able to use the Quirk of whoever she transforms into was one of her Quirk's weaknesses
Oh, right. I forgot, you a weeb, with a connection to the Marvel cinematic universe. :v

The plot hole is that in the Oracle games when Oracle Link and Zelda meet, its stated to be the first time they ever met, so by the very nature that is a plot hole, cause ALTTP Link and Zelda met already. So the Oracle versions cannot be the ALTTP versions.
They retconnected Oracle to take place after Link's Awakening and made Oracle!Link a different one from ALTTP!Link
Which, in one hand, does fix the Zelda meeting, but on the other, it ruins the perfect continuity they had setup. Now Link is on a boat for no apparent reason instead of it being him returning to Hyrule afyer the events of Oracle

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh, so I was watching some MHOJ videos and one of them happened to show how Toga's Quirk works ingame.
It just straight up turns her into whoever she's fighting. Like, this dude was fighting against Dabi, turned into him and started throwing fire all around the place too.
I actually like this, especially as I wanted Monoma due to his copying ability so this is the closest I'll get. Though it is weird, creative liberties and all that, her not being able to use the Quirk of whoever she transforms into was one of her Quirk's weaknesses

They retconnected Oracle to take place after Link's Awakening and made Oracle!Link a different one from ALTTP!Link
Which, in one hand, does fix the Zelda meeting, but on the other, it ruins the perfect continuity they had setup. Now Link is on a boat for no apparent reason instead of it being him returning to Hyrule afyer the events of Oracle
Obviously they have to remake the Oracle games just to change the one line of dialogue so that Link knew Zelda beforehand.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Hyrule Historia placed LA after the Oracle games.

And well, LA original back story was that it was ALTTP Link.

So, Link was always on a boat for no reason originally in LA. :v

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

This is the kind of fanart that make me thankful that Sakurai basically said to his team : "**** the timeline!".

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom