• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Actually, I wonder, what a fusion of Melee Adventure Mode & Brawl SSE mode would look like? Some might say, "SSE but with actual Nintendo character/location!", but I don't think it would be just that. SSE used alot of Brawl Developpement, so if Sakurai were to make a new one for Ultimate, I feel like he would take some aspect of both to make something familiar, but different at the same time.

Also, being honest here, if I had to choice to have either N64/Melee Break The Target style (with maybe even Board the Platforms) or a new adventure mode, I feel like I would take the former even if I really want the later.

When I played 64 & Melee, this mode was the highlight for me, I love getting challenge like this that teach you in subtle way what the character you play can do. Brawl...wasn't bad, but the fact that everyone had the same 5 stages made it boring after awhile, atleast for the first few levels. Though, you did have to get creative with some character to get a high score.

As for 4 Target Blast, the thing is, the concept isn't bad, but it shouldn't have replaced Break the Target, if the old Break the Target was still here along the new one. I feel like I wouldn't mind it that much. But as it was released, that mode cleary felt like you needed friends to have fun with it, which I don't have.:teeth:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
With the return of the last year's summer banners, I got another 5-star as a free summon from one of them:

My first Dorcas! He is completely neutral with his IVs, but I still plan on using him. Pretty cool that I finally have a Dorcas of my own!

D

Deleted member

With the return of the last year's summer banners, I got another 5-star as a free summon from one of them:

My first Dorcas! He is completely neutral with his IVs, but I still plan on using him. Pretty cool that I finally have a Dorcas of my own!
Congratulatuions!
The Heroes I want is Hardin: Dark Emperor, Halloween Jakob ( Mine has the worst IVs possible ) and Effie. :p

Also...
My two sisters are watching a YouTube video with this kid that has one of the most obnoxious voices I have ever heard. He screams the entire video.
endmysuffering.png

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
>Le me watching Turn Left
>(They turning right this weekend lol)
>Mah car the #78 is leading
>The OP as **** #4 passes him for the lead.
>Notto disu ******* agen.jpg
>I change the channel filled with resignation
>NASCAR phone notification
>#78 jebaited the field by making everyone enter pit road while he stayed out and gained a 15 second advantage to win
View attachment 150043
oh...
I don't watch NASCAR but I do watch MotoGP from time to time...

And uh, I know Splatfest is over but...

Pearl is a a perv confirmed lol.
You may be wondering... Will Marina do it?

Well... I don't know, may be...

D

Deleted member

I don't watch NASCAR but I do watch MotoGP from time to time...

And uh, I know Splatfest is over but...

You may be wondering... Will Marina do it?

Well... I don't know, may be...
What kind of comic is this?
You seem to like it when girls get naked... :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Alright, here's a question for all of you: what is/are your favorite tv show(s) of all time? It can be live-action, anime, western animation, or whatnot. Been curious since I've been getting more into binge-watching shows lately, and have been wondering what are all of your guys' favorite shows?
I'm extremely late to respond to this.........but I saw this and couldn't help but reply even this late, TV shows (western animation especially) being right up my alley and all.

My favorite show of all time? I think a fair number of you know what that is by now. But if not...here it is:

I don't think any other show, animated or otherwise, means quite as much to me as Gravity Falls does now.

Other favorites of mine include but may not be limited to: Star vs the Forces of Evil, Adventure Time, Friendship is Magic, Steven Universe, DuckTales and Samurai Jack. That's mostly referring to more modern shows. As far as older ones go, I really liked Ben 10, Teen Titans, the Lilo and Stich series, Danny Phantom, and (when it was still actually any good) Fairly Odd Parents. Spongebob was a childhood favorite of mine and in more recent seasons it's been starting to shape up again, which I'm happy about.

I'm really depressed right now.

Nothing is going right.
I'm not sure how you're feeling as of today, Swamp, but we're all ears if you need to vent soon.

Whatever happens, just don't be too hard on yourself over it, alright?

Actually, here's a question.

What difficulty did y'all play Subspace Emissary on? Or typically play it on if you are someone who revisits it?
I played it on Easy the first time around because I was a wimp at the time, then later started playing it on Normal. Frankly however, I was absolutely terrible at Brawl for several years (didn't develop any real skill until I started to play online with real players, which forced me to adapt, learn some finer details of the game mechanics, and ultimately improve myself as a player to actually compete and keep up with them), so it was probably for the best. I do remember making a few later attempts to play the SSE on higher difficulties, but I think those runs all remain unfinished.

Yeah, I figured most people played SSE on the lower difficulties. Thing is, it's better on higher difficulties. Because the difficulty doesn't just effect enemy strength, it also effects the speed of hazards and moving platforms. Makes it much more engaging to play when rotating platforms and such are more mobile.

Also since the enemies are so strong and fast on higher higher difficulties, you can't just go in and button mash, you need to know the character you're playing as and intelligently use their skills just like in a VS Smash.

It's not a perfect mode by any stretch, and it's somewhat inherently held back by Brawl's mechanics, but it's legitimately really engaging on higher difficulties. Even more so if you play it in Project M, which actually gives the Turbo Item a chance to show up as an item, which in hindsight, is a power-up that feels especially satisfying in SSE as if it was made for that mode. It was also a really fun co-op mode, as someone who's done multiple co-op runs with different people.

Also while I can understand the Great Maze being annoying if you are of the mindset of "I just wanna be done/I just wanna unlock Sonic", as someone who enjoyed the mode in general, I really enjoyed the Great Maze. While all of the levels had some exploration elements, the Great Maze was a fully exploration based, non-linear level and it offered a real shake-up to how you played the game.

People accuse SSE of being repetitive, but it's no more repetitive than any other action-platformer. The level design is actually quite varied and you don't mindlessly fight enemies 100% of the time, you do a lot of platforming, exploration, and puzzle-solving too. Stage specific gimmicks are also a thing and they often use the objects such as barrels and launch pads in creative and satisfying ways.

Also the boss fights were a lot of fun.

My main criticisms of the mode are just the nerfed movement speed some characters have compared to the normal game (if anything they should have buffed characters like Ganondorf for the mode, to make them more mobile), the sticker system not being too fleshed out, and the lack of actual Nintendo locations (though I enjoyed the aesthetics of many of the SSE levels, actual Nintendo levels would have been more interesting).

One of the main reasons I was disappointed with Smash Wii U lacking any sort of expansive Adventure Mode component, was because Custom Equipment was just MADE for it. It fixes the biggest issue of SSE, which is how not every character is fast or athletic enough to get through the platforming efficiently. Additionally, if people are struggling with stuff like hard hitting bosses, they can give themselves loads of defense or healing equipment or something. It's such a well-developed system with so much potential that has literally no use in Smash Wii U (3DS at least had Smash Run), aside from using it to make Classic Mode a little easier with characters you aren't as good with. They could even add a leveling system to such an Adventure Mode that increases a character's base stats for the mode.

And I'll be extra disappointed if Ultimate lacks any sort of Adventure Mode because it's being developed using the Wii U game as a base, which means the custom equipment feature should be done and ready to go.
I actually agree with the majority of this. I thoroughly enjoyed the SSE from the beginning to the end. Sure it had it's fair share of problems, but it was still loads of fun for what it was. A lot of things actually were done well, imo, and I need not explain why when you already have.

My own biggest criticism of the mode though, is the cutscenes. They were beautiful, and sometimes funny, no doubting that, but the lack of dialogue and limited information made some scenes awkward and the story (at least some details of it) rather difficult to understand. I didn't fully wrap my head around exactly everything that was going on until well after beating it. Of course, solutions to this issue are also rather limited. Because making normally silent Nintendo characters (of which there are more than a few) speak in full sentences with full voice acting might feel odd and would definitely cause another division among the fanbase. A few folks I know on here have suggested that the characters could instead engage in FE-styled dialogue scenes, which I'd be more than fine with.

Aside from that, I was actually kinda disappointed with many of the aesthetics for most stages. The graphics were good, but the designs were limited, empty, and often bland. I have good things to say about the appearances of only a select few stages from the mode.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Actually, I wonder, what a fusion of Melee Adventure Mode & Brawl SSE mode would look like? Some might say, "SSE but with actual Nintendo character/location!", but I don't think it would be just that. SSE used alot of Brawl Developpement, so if Sakurai were to make a new one for Ultimate, I feel like he would take some aspect of both to make something familiar, but different at the same time.
I doubt an SSE would happen because the sheer roster, assuming everyone is involved, already means this would take a terrifyingly high amount of time.

Also, being honest here, if I had to choice to have either N64/Melee Break The Target style (with maybe even Board the Platforms) or a new adventure mode, I feel like I would take the former even if I really want the later.
Also won't happen because of the roster. 60+ stages is just madness.

Would love to be wrong on either or both accounts though lol

I mean, someone had to teach Marina the "inking their Splat Zones" saying, right? :V

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized what bugs me about the mechanics of Pokemon Let's Go

When you are forced to capture as many pokemon as you can and ship them off to someone else for rewards it's more like your character is a poacher.

You are literally hunting down and capturing animals to exchange for rewards.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I doubt an SSE would happen because the sheer roster, assuming everyone is involved, already means this would take a terrifyingly high amount of time.

Also won't happen because of the roster. 60+ stages is just madness.

Would love to be wrong on either or both accounts though lol

I mean, someone had to teach Marina the "inking their Splat Zones" saying, right? :V
That's why I said making a adventure mode similar to SSE would be a bad idea. The best option being to take elements from Melee & Brawl adventure mode and make it into something unique that doesn't take too much time.

Speaking of Melee adventure mode, do we know any information about it? We know plenty about SSE, but I don't think I ever heard info about the developpement of Melee's Adventure Mode.

And hey, this Smash is sold as the ultimate Smash Bros, litteraly in the title, we got every characters back, the game is looking liek ot be Sakurai last Smash game, so why not bring something from every game to make it more "ultimate"? You might think this is madness, but this is Sakurai we are talking about.:ultridley:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Gravity Falls I have a picture of Grunkle Stan on my refrigerator staring at the couch.
So when you sit in the couch, he stares at you, opening his mouth.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Speaking of Gravity Falls.

https://geektyrant.com/news/gravity-falls-lost-legends-comes-out-this-summer

We're finally getting some info on the graphic novels! They're due to release this summer (why am I not surprised? :p).

hypeoverload.gif

That's why I said making a adventure mode similar to SSE would be a bad idea. The best option being to take elements from Melee & Brawl adventure mode and make it into something unique that doesn't take too much time.

Speaking of Melee adventure mode, do we know any information about it? We know plenty about SSE, but I don't think I ever heard info about the developpement of Melee's Adventure Mode.
I've always been an advocate of brining Melee's back, even if I've been silent about it.

It's just a really neat concept that would work fine in Ultimate.

And hey, this Smash is sold as the ultimate Smash Bros, litteraly in the title, we got every characters back, the game is looking liek ot be Sakurai last Smash game, so why not bring something from every game to make it more "ultimate"? You might think this is madness, but this is Sakurai we are talking about.:ultridley:
Ultimate... Ultimate lifeform...

SHADOW CONFIRMED :troll:

Speaking of Gravity Falls I have a picture of Grunkle Stan on my refrigerator staring at the couch.
So when you sit in the couch, he stares at you, opening his mouth.
I'd be cautious, if I were you.

He _ea ts kids :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Summer Cordelia
Summer Robin
And I suppose Summer Xander, but I already had that one.

Getting everything I want so far, and I already have Summer Corrin so I'm good there.

Chrono.

I just realized what bugs me about the mechanics of Pokemon Let's Go

When you are forced to capture as many pokemon as you can and ship them off to someone else for rewards it's more like your character is a poacher.

You are literally hunting down and capturing animals to exchange for rewards.
This reminds me of when people in ResetERA said Ride Pokemon (in SM) were a downgrade from HMs because with HMs you'd be using your own Pokemon but with Rides you're just using random ones off the street and it "feels disingenuous with the concept of Pokemon."

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Are we going there?

Fine, Echo Fighter?

Echo...Echoes....

Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes

Dark Samus confirm.:wario:
Plus she can summon clones of herself that are officially known as 'Dark Echoes'

JS

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This reminds me of when people in ResetERA said Ride Pokemon (in SM) were a downgrade from HMs because with HMs you'd be using your own Pokemon but with Rides you're just using random ones off the street and it "feels disingenuous with the concept of Pokemon."
I don't see how that's more disingenuous than using an HM slave.

D

Deleted member

Is Gravity Falls a good show that I will enjoy?
I want everyone's opinion.

I know certain people will scream "YES SHINY LETS WATCH IT RIGHT NOW!!!!"... :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Plus she can summon clones of herself that are officially known as 'Dark Echoes'

JS
I swear, if Dark Samus really get in, but she isn't a echo fighter, I will take this as Sakurai actually going on this forum to troll us.
Another one

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

TOYOTA CELICA CONFIRMED!!! I WANNA MAIN A CAR!!!! :awesome:
Wait, wut-

*research on Google*
Df7IpAfX4AAnaty.jpg

D

Deleted member

I know I'm one of those people because seriously, give it a shot.

The best thing you got for doing it now is that you have no hiatuses :V
I wish I had it on Netflix, but I do not.
In their "Titles Related to it" they had..
The Smosh Movie, Johnny Test and Total Drama Island.
Two shows and one movie I do not like.
At least they have Full Metal Alchemist.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Pfft. Please. Clearly this is the Smash game where size no longer matters whatsoever, whether it was ever a valid reason for exclusion or not.

Thus, we can safely say Kraid is confirmed.

Is Gravity Falls a good show that I will enjoy?
I want everyone's opinion.

I know certain people will scream "YES SHINY LETS WATCH IT RIGHT NOW!!!!"... :p
I'd like to give a more detailed opinion about it, but I don't think I've got the time to write one right now. Perhaps I'll just keep it condensed, it might get excessive if I went on too long about it (especially since I'd be completely avoiding mentioning or discussing any and all show spoilers).

In short, I've always enjoyed it's writing, from it's characters, their interactions and way they develop, to it's storytelling and lore and complex mysteries that have been jointly analyzed and often solved by it's fans. On top of all that is a lot of charm, some creepiness, and plenty of clever humor, and it all blends together to make for one really lovable, surprising, and very much engaging animated show. I personally adore it, and yes, I would definitely recommend it.

D

Deleted member

Good god, I rarely do cry when watching something but the last MHA episode got really close to it, and I fully knew what was going to happen. And the thing is, no other episode besides the first two hit the same emotional note on me, and I think that has to do with how grounded of a conflict it is.
Seriously, we need a Best Mom category for this year's Cruncyroll awards so Inko can win it.
I know I'm one of those people because seriously, give it a shot.

The best thing you got for doing it now is that you have no hiatuses :V
"Thank you for watching Gravity Falls season 1, you'll be able to watch season 2 in 365 days or you can watch it right now if you buy premium"

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I wish I had it on Netflix, but I do not.
In their "Titles Related to it" they had..
The Smosh Movie, Johnny Test and Total Drama Island.
Two shows and one movie I do not like.
At least they have Full Metal Alchemist.
I've never seen it on Netflix. And I'm unfortunate enough to live on the one province with the one cable provider that doesn't provide Disney XD.

... Actually, not sure if it's the only one, but my point is I couldn't watch it through legitimate means. And unfortunately, the place I went to watch them has been shut down, so I can't even recommend you that.

Just look it up on Google and hope for the best. Sure, maybe you have Disney XD, but this is a show you DON'T want to watch out of order. Trust me on this.

In short, I've always enjoyed it's writing, from it's characters, their interactions and way they develop, to it's storytelling and lore and complex mysteries that have been jointly analyzed and often solved by it's fans. On top of all that is a lot of charm, some creepiness, and plenty of clever humor, and it all blends together to make for one really lovable, surprising, and very much engaging animated show. I personally adore it, and yes, I would definitely recommend it.
For the sake of adding something here, it's all done in such a way that even the "filler" episodes that are completely unrelated to the plot are a heck of a lot of fun to watch because what they lack in plot progression, they more than make up for in world-building and character development.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IMO the ideal solution for an SSE/Adventure Mode kind of game mode in Smash Ultimate would be:

-Instead of a ton of CGI cutscenes, just have a CGI opening and ending at most, and have the rest of the game use dialogue boxes where necessary and some in-engine cutscenes (Ultimate's lighting engine is at a point where in-engine cutscenes would look decent). Dialogue boxes might not even be necessary. The story itself can be pretty simple with Master Hand or Crazy Hand or some other force taking all the characters' trophies and making them do their bidding by corrupting them or something.

-At the start, you get to choose three characters that you want to start off with, in addition to your Mii Fightr, and they don't get kidnapped in the opening. You then play through the rest of the game going through SSE-esque levels with these characters, taking down the brainwashed cast and reclaiming their trophies. Once you beat a character, they get added to your available roster for the mode (and for the rest of the game if you haven't unlocked them there). You also get a brief scene when you free a character. Think of it like recruitment dialogue in an Fire Emblem game (bonus points if they actually play a rendition of "Together We Ride!" during these scenes :V).

-Have a Super Mario 3D World-esque world map that you can run around between levels. Branching paths can be a thing, like choosing between going to the Mario levels or the Zelda levels first. Also, I think Event Matches can be bundled into this mode. You can talk to NPC's or examine suspicious areas on the map that trigger Event Matches with some dialogue giving them some more context than before. There will also be proper large bosses like in SSE, and you can unlock a Boss Rush arena on the map once you first finish the mode.

-Levels are both linear or open-ended depending on the level (an F-Zero level would be more linear, a Zelda level might be more open and puzzle-centric). Secrets range from items, trophies, CDs, equipment, money, and whatever other mass collectible Ultimate may have.

-Custom Equipment is integrated and works as you would expect. The only difference is that there is no negative stat decrease from equipping stuff in this mode. And it's not necessary but they could potentially add a leveling system that increases your base stats.

Also call it Super Smash World. I've had this idea brewing since before Smash Wii U/3DS came out. :p

The mode would also support up to four player co-op. It could also be playable online.

D

Deleted member

I've never seen it on Netflix. And I'm unfortunate enough to live on the one province with the one cable provider that doesn't provide Disney XD.
I checked Disney's website, and they only have two episodes. :V

I wish I can watch it online, because I prefer watching shows in my room. More comfortable and I have headphones.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so my idea for a smash ultimate adventure mode for a while has been something like this

well you get the gist of it

Edit due to smash boards formatting i had to screen cap my idea and then post it as an image

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
IMO the ideal solution for an SSE/Adventure Mode kind of game mode in Smash Ultimate would be:

-Instead of a ton of CGI cutscenes, just have a CGI opening and ending at most, and have the rest of the game use dialogue boxes where necessary and some in-engine cutscenes (Ultimate's lighting engine is at a point where in-engine cutscenes would look decent). Dialogue boxes might not even be necessary. The story itself can be pretty simple with Master Hand or Crazy Hand or some other force taking all the characters' trophies and making them do their bidding by corrupting them or something.

-At the start, you get to choose three characters that you want to start off with, in addition to your Mii Fightr, and they don't get kidnapped in the opening. You then play through the rest of the game going through SSE-esque levels with these characters, taking down the brainwashed cast and reclaiming their trophies. Once you beat a character, they get added to your available roster for the mode (and for the rest of the game if you haven't unlocked them there). You also get a brief scene when you free a character. Think of it like recruitment dialogue in an Fire Emblem game (bonus points if they actually play a rendition of "Together We Ride!" during these scenes :V).

-Have a Super Mario 3D World-esque world map that you can run around between levels. Branching paths can be a thing, like choosing between going to the Mario levels or the Zelda levels first. Also, I think Event Matches can be bundled into this mode. You can talk to NPC's or examine suspicious areas on the map that trigger Event Matches with some dialogue giving them some more context than before. There will also be proper large bosses like in SSE, and you can unlock a Boss Rush arena on the map once you first finish the mode.

-Levels are both linear or open-ended depending on the level (an F-Zero level would be more linear, a Zelda level might be more open and puzzle-centric). Secrets range from items, trophies, CDs, equipment, money, and whatever other mass collectible Ultimate may have.

-Custom Equipment is integrated and works as you would expect. The only difference is that there is no negative stat decrease from equipping stuff in this mode. And it's not necessary but they could potentially add a leveling system that increases your base stats.

Also call it Super Smash World. I've had this idea brewing since before Smash Wii U/3DS came out. :p

The mode would also support up to four player co-op. It could also be playable online.
Add some sections based on Melee's Adventure Mode too, like the part where you need to escape Planet Zebes before it blows up.

Just for the sake of having neat nostalgic callbacks.

I checked Disney's website, and they only have two episodes. :V

I wish I can watch it online, because I prefer watching shows in my room. More comfortable and I have headphones.
Yeah...

Can someone give Shiny a good place to find all the episodes? I'm too lazy right now :p

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
In that case I will gladly be trolled!
This would be reverse trolling, instead of making peoples mad, it would make peoples happy.:4iggy:

Tho, Echo, Semi-Clone or whatever, I be happy if Dark Samus get in as a playable fighter at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom