• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Archery isn't a singular and stale thing like people think "having a sword is". Shooting an arrow from a bow can be done in more than just one way.
Link covers only the most basic of archery which is the bow and arrow. Pit has a fantasy bow and arrow and it acts as two blades 99% of the time.
None of them can be considered actual archers when they only have one move for it. The way they go at it is also way too flavorless, give me something like what Little Mac is to other fist-fighters, give me a daring archer like this, I'm tired of Hollywood Archers
In the end, it's still a projectile-heavy character, expect this style would be a much more aggressive take on the zoner archetype.

The only problem is that I think a rushdown character who uses fast projectiles with lots of range would be a ***** to deal with.

You think Bayonetta's bad? Wait until you get a "true" archer in Smash, who can zero-to-death by rapid firing arrows.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In the end, it's still a projectile-heavy character, expect this style would be a much more aggressive take on the zoner archetype.

The only problem is that I think a rushdown character who uses fast projectiles with lots of range would be a ***** to deal with.

You think Bayonetta's bad? Wait until you get a "true" archer in Smash, who can zero-to-death by rapid firing arrows.
I really don't like the "balance" argument because it is likely the least of Sakurai's worries when choosing a character. Balance is a post-production issue, not a pre-production one.

Chrono.

Pre-order NARUTO TO BORUTO: SHINOBI STRIKER from Best Buy to get your EXCLUSIVE BORUTO socks!

Yeah this is real.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I really don't like the "balance" argument because it is likely the least of Sakurai's worries when choosing a character. Balance is a post-production issue, not a pre-production one.
That's a fair point. But at the same time, he's probably learn to at least be a bit cautious about it because of a certain witch. :ultbayonetta:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Archery isn't a singular and stale thing like people think "having a sword is". Shooting an arrow from a bow can be done in more than just one way.
Link covers only the most basic of archery which is the bow and arrow. Pit has a fantasy bow and arrow and it acts as two blades 99% of the time.
None of them can be considered actual archers when they only have one move for it. The way they go at it is also way too flavorless, give me something like what Little Mac is to other fist-fighters, give me a daring archer like this, I'm tired of Hollywood Archers
intresting, but as it stands little mac did nothing revoltuionary for fistfighters boxers naturally have a versitile set of attacks and unlike modern archery modern boxing hasnt decayed to a state of ironically punch out level boxing

Chrono.

I just started iZombie. Fun show so far.

Dunno how to feel about me finding the main character cuter as a zombie than human...

D

Deleted member

Pre-order NARUTO TO BORUTO: SHINOBI STRIKER from Best Buy to get your EXCLUSIVE BORUTO socks!

Yeah this is real.

I dunno man, if they had Midoriya's shoes as a pre-order bonus for One's Justice I'd jump right into it.
That's a fair point. But at the same time, he's probably learn to at least be a bit cautious about it because of a certain witch. :ultbayonetta:
I still doubt he would deny a character simply because of their base concept. We've already seen him learn from Ridley, I doubt he'll refuse certain characters before even attempting to make them work.
intresting, but as it stands little mac did nothing revoltuionary for fistfighters boxers naturally have a versitile set of attacks and unlike modern archery modern boxing hasnt decayed to a state of ironically punch out level boxing
Little Mac still brings a much more technical and high-skill level type of fighting style, his moves are refined, they aren't just random punches.
Additionally, I don't see what's your point with modern archery having decayed when my whole point was to have a more historically accurate archer.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I still doubt he would deny a character simply because of their base concept. We've already seen him learn from Ridley, I doubt he'll refuse certain characters before even attempting to make them work.
That's fair enough. He could just nerf the concept like he nerfed Bayo.

And I don't mean the patches. He's quite literally nerfed a few of her moves to not be busted, and she was still busted.

Just to give examples, imagine if he kept her fully canon.

It would mean Bat Within would trigger Witch Time (so her dodges would be even WORSE to deal with) and her Bullet Arts would cause flinch, meaning hilding buttons would be a much more useful and quite frankly broken thing.

So if he uses the true archer concept, he might only preserve the speed and none of the power, keeping it for Hollywood archer moves.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Watching SGDQ, it's incredible to see them abusing the ability to phase through walls via glitch. I only did that once in my playthrough of the game, and that was entirely by accident. (Doomguy punched an Imp so hard that physics shrugged its shoulders, gave up, and went home for the day)

Looking forward to the Resident Evil 4 speedrun - it's been a while since I played that game, and I'm interested to see which of the many, many versions of the game they'll use.

D

Deleted member

Then do something fun.
That is not going to help. It will for a bit and it will come crashing down again.
I wish you actually tried to care, but you do not. You think I am an annoying child who dies for attention when it is really different and you think "OH SHINY IS CAUSING AN OUTRAGE!!". Other users do the same, and look how much love and attention they get. You all say that SmashBoards is not divided by ranks in terms of social structure, but it really is.

I am tired of being put down as the weak one. When I continue to age, I will show you how strong I really am. I am not just an "annoying child" anymore, I am about to become like all of you, a man.

Sorry if this came off as aggressive, but it is not your fault at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
**** man, now I wanna see Ace Ventura.
Both?

That is not going to help. It will for a bit and it will come crashing down again.
Still better than doing nothing about it.

I wish you actually tried to care, but you do not.
If I didn't care, I wouldn't even have bothered to answer you because you'd be on my ignore list.

You think I am an annoying child who dies for attention
While I do think you're an attention-seeker, I know much, much worse.

I got several young cousins who utterly enjoy making my life hell. Sometimes for more than just annoyance and attention. Sometimes, they're just assholes.

Heck, yesterday, one of them kicked my nuts and smacked a ball right at my left eye. All because I wanted to do a few jokes.

And I lost many shirts in New Year parties because some of them just kept on pulling on them.

And that's not even talking about my older sister. But that's enough about my family, let's get to the main subject.

you think "OH SHINY IS CAUSING AN OUTRAGE!!"
When have I ever said that?

Other users do the same, and look how much love and attention they get. You all say that SmashBoards is not divided by ranks in terms of social structure, but it really is.
While you may not be wrong, I don't think any of them wanted to be popular. On my end, I just say whatever bull**** comes to my mind and that's about it. I'm being myself.

And frankly, I'm a pretty shy piece of **** IRL, so attention is never really something I've longed for. I'm not like that and the only reason I'm so open here is because I'm used to hanging out here.

I am tired of being put down as the weak one. When I continue to age, I will show you how strong I really am. I am not just an "annoying child" anymore, I am about to become like all of you, a man.
I wish you luck on your journey.

Sorry if this came off as aggressive, but it is not your fault at all.
It's alright. I don't mind the bluntness.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well in the meantime, I got back to drawing things. Here have some art

yaaaay
wooo
art

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Both?
Still better than doing nothing about it.
True...
If I didn't care, I wouldn't even have bothered to answer you because you'd be on my ignore list.
Oh... well at least you care.
While I do think you're an attention-seeker, I know much, much worse.

I got several young cousins who utterly enjoy making my life hell. Sometimes for more than just annoyance and attention. Sometimes, they're just ********.

Heck, yesterday, one of them kicked my nuts and smacked a ball right at my left eye. All because I wanted to do a few jokes.

And I lost many shirts in New Year parties because some of them just kept on pulling on them.

And that's not even talking about my older sister. But that's enough about my family, let's get to the main subject.
Oof, that really does hurt. I can see why you like to reside here.
When have I ever said that?
Like I said, it is not just you who I am talking about. It is almost everyone.
While you may not be wrong, I don't think any of them wanted to be popular. On my end, I just say whatever bull**** comes to my mind and that's about it. I'm being myself.
Stoopid, I try to be myself but then things go bad and it gets difficult to become yourself.
And frankly, I'm a pretty shy piece of **** IRL, so attention is never really something I've longed for. I'm not like that and the only reason I'm so open here is because I'm used to hanging out here.
Ah, makes sense. IRL I never wanted a lot of attention. That is one part why I am in my room all day instead of watching a movie.
I wish you luck on your journey.
Thanks man.
It's alright. I don't mind the bluntness.
Thanks. I feel really disappointed in something.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oof, that really does hurt. I can see why you like to reside here.
Yeah, I don't have the best family.

But hey, at least I'm not abused :V

Like I said, it is not just you who I am talking about. It is almost everyone.
My question still stands for me personally.

And really, we don't panic that much. We say stuff like "Shiny pls" or "please take it off" or things like that.

"SHINY IS CAUSING AN OUTRAGE!" was from the pre-hiatus days.

Stoopid, I try to be myself but then things go bad and it gets difficult to become yourself.
I guess what you need is a good way to reflect on who you are and how you must act in social situations.

But that's no easy thing, nor a thing I expect you to know now since I only really started to learn about this at school when I was 17 (parents didn't even bother teaching me to think for or about myself, so I was basically a bandwagon for most of my life because of it) and only really got it like, a few months ago.

But that's because the way I learned that stuff was through philosophy classes, which were ****ing boring, and when something's boring, it's hard for me to bother...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Deep said:
She dragged her hand through a pile of ashy soil, disoriented as she pulled herself up. The whole place could have almost been Inkopolis Square, at least from the fuzzy memory of someone who had only been there once or twice. As for her, she remembered every last letter on every sign, every trash can, even the smiles on the faces of the local newscasters as she passed by. But right now, there was nothing. Every sign blank, every can missing, every building full of familiar faces empty. Even Crusty Sean's food truck seemed hollow and distorted. She would have almost dismissed it all for a dream or accidentally taking someone's medication, but as off as everything looked she felt the same as she always did.

Oh yeah, and the sky was red and the clouds were black, pretty freaking hard to miss that actually.

She walked up to one of the empty signs to get a closer look. She wasn't sure what she was expecting, maybe for the text to pop up as she got nearer like in a video game with a low rendering distance? But no, the sign was still empty. Oddly enough, it didn't even seem like it was made of plastic anymore either. It had to be made of something of course. But as far as she could tell, it wasn't made of wood, metal, paper, or anything else she'd ever seen a sign made out of. It was just kind of made of. . .something. Then again, she did kind of drop out of middle school. Maybe it was just some kind of advanced material only upper grade levels had to learn about. You'd think if there was some hot material out there it'd be used for turf war weapons. You see those made of about anything Sheldon could scrape up. Come to think of it, this was normally the sign to Sheldon's shop, wasn't it? Judging by how it looked through the door, it was pretty much empty now. She remembered all the weapons on the back of the wall like the back of her hand. Maybe better. And all the rants the guy went on about how cool the latest weapons were. . .

She stepped back and took a look at the pothole near the entrance. Looked almost filled in with concrete underneath. There was always a lady in a fancy traditional outfit loitering right around here. After seeing her what must have been a hundred times, she always figured it was secretly one of the leads of a hit pop duo from a while back just getting some fresh air without being engulfed by a wave of fans. She wasn't here either, though. No one was. And it was honestly getting kind of creepy.

She wandered further, past the shut down signs for the turf war sign up building, over to the empty restaurant where Spyke always hung out looking at his laptop. Murch's briefcase was still on the bench near here, although Murch himself was nowhere in sight. She winced to notice that his screwdriver was stabbed half into a dead Super Sea Snail on the ground. Everyone knew what the urchins really did with Super Sea Snails, but nobody really liked to think too hard about it. All the live ones were mysteriously gone too, although you could still see the infamous already removed bodies from within the depths of the briefcase. It was weird, really, everything alive was gone, but the dead things were still left lying around.

She looked at the sky again. Was it still early dawn for the sky to be that color? But then, that usually had more nuance to it. Then again, with black clouds, there was probably a fire or something. If it weren't for the weird lack of detail all over the place, she'd have figured maybe there was an evacuation and she just slept through it. Not like it wasn't in character for her to sleep through things. She definitely had slept through however the hell she ended up here.
I think this finishes up the amount of writing I have to do for my weekly quota. Hopefully.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
....you just now finished that? :x

um...i thought you finished that a long time ago and was just now doing it for sport
I feel like I've been getting sidetracked a lot this past few days.

I mean I've technically done more batches of writing than normal, I just ran them all through a wordcounter and they all came to less.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I feel like I've been getting sidetracked a lot this past few days.

I mean I've technically done more batches of writing than normal, I just ran them all through a wordcounter and they all came to less.
huh...well your still doing A+ effort and you basically did win the tourny

there was a reason why red did mention that it could of been renamed "coricus writing assignment" :V

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Today is the 15th anniversary of one of my favorite games of all time.

So many good times playing Black Hole Rising. It's my favorite in the Advance Wars series and really up'd it's predecessor while maintaining the core foundation of what made the first game so great. It's Campaign was really fun to go through and I sinked in more time in the War Room than I can count. :)

And also the way "2" is presented in the intro of the game is really funny. I like how it basically screams "Advance Wars TWWWWOOOOOO!". Not to mention the newspaper reports in the intro which really gave you a feel of the game's setting on what was about to go down. If Advance Wars came back it should really expand on the different continents like that.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yo, FEH Pros; I wanna invest on a Red Tome unit, preferably an enemy phase one
Of the ones I have which one should I choose?

D

Deleted member

That Lilina is looking like a good force. Max level and all.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If you want to have an effective Red Tome Enemy Phase unit, you'll need to get the other Canas to 5* and use him to give Rauorowl+ to Sophia or you have to wait until you can pull Winter Tharja if you want to try and get a good Enemy Phase Red Tome user that doesn't require alot of investment. Otherwise, the majority of Red Tome users you have are Player Phase units or alas poor Canas and Henry, who needs a whole lot of investment to be a decent Enemy Phase unit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

June 24th, 2018 was a really sad day for me.
I am going to go to bed to hope things go better.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I got Sonic Forces... it’s uh. It’s bad. Like not horrendous or unplayable but it’s just not good. It’s fun... sometimes. It’s just not what I want. Especially those Classic Sonic levels. Blegh

But holy ****ing **** if you can ever depend on Sonic games to get one thing it’s the music. Almost all of it is just... just

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom