• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You aren't exactly helping your case when you admit you need items and a specific ability just to beat the ace of the ice gym when Staraptor only needs 2 moves it naturally learns by levelling up to do this to Candice's entire team
View attachment 152801
> Complains about ability abuse
> Requires a super effective move lol

D

Deleted member

I can't eat any fast food chicken other than McDonald's/Wendy's :laugh:

chicken from anywhere else hurts my stomach :'^((((((

so maybe that's why I'd love working at a Mickey D's
I'd rather eat cooked chicken than fast food chicken.
Though to be fair I find McNuggets to be the closest thing they have on the menu to edible, desserts notwithstanding.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
okay i woke up from my nap just to respond to this

but working at mcdonalds or chuck e cheese would be LIT

a discount on mcnuggets? free play coins or w/e they're called? DEAL

i'll gladly take orders and ask "u want some fries wit dat" or prance around in a mouse costume if it meant I could get free food or free coins
I feel like working at a fast food joint would result in me seeing things I couldn't unsee.

But Chuck E. Cheese is a sit down place, sooooo. . .yeah I'm thinkin' "Shiny what about free coins tho" too, LOL. Just gotta make sure his local place doesn't have a ballpit and he's probably good. Ballpits are like kiddy sandbanks at beaches, you stick your hand in there you don't know what you're pulling out.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
**** it, Mega Unfezant.

If you've played even a little bit of VGC16, you'll know that Power Herb Xerneas is a dominating threat because it can immediately set up Geomancy and possibly take down entire teams by itself. And yet, outside of the rare Sky Attack Unburden Hawlucha found in OU or Solar Beam users trying to attack outside of Sunny Day, the Power Herb is seldom seen elsewhere. Consequently, almost none of the moves with a charge-up turn are used, as opponents can easily play around a telegraphed attack, as powerful as some of the moves available are, they're severely outclassed by other moves which can deal more damage in two turns. So I took it upon myself to try and change that with another custom ability:

Overwhelm - Moves which normally strike on the second turn can be used on the first turn.

This ability would cover all of the moves that have charging except for Sky Drop, which ignores the effects of the Power Herb anyway. This also means that moves like Hyper Beam, Rock Wrecker and Roar of Time would be excluded as they have a recharge turn after the move is used, instead of a charging turn before the move is used. I could personally see this ability used on quite a few Pokémon in the future to gve them a niche in taking advantage of moves like Solar Beam or Sky Attack, but one that really stood out for me was Unfezant. Compared to some of the other early-game birds like Staraptor or Talonflame, Unfezant is rather lacklustre, in that its stats aren't really prominent, nor does it have a useful ability or movepool to take advantage of. However, what caught my eye is that the Pidove line is the only family where every member can learn Sky Attack by level up (as well as access to a second start-up move in the form of Razor Wind), and Unfezant has the second-highest Attack stat, beaten only by Staraptor, it felt like the perfect template to create a Mega Evolution for this new ability.

too lazy for stats and new moves, but maybe skull bash

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
The difference is that no matter your Staraptor, he will be able to do much more than Unfezant as he gets what he needs by simply leveling up, and that one thing is what allows him to blow Unfezant out of the water.

With Unfezant, you need specific items which you may have missed out on, so you need to backtrack and look for the items, wasting your time, and you also may not even have the ability on your Unfezant, which would mean getting the ability would require training and grinding a whole new Unfezant, wasting even more time.

What Staraptor needs to be a baller is much more readily accessible than what Unfezant needs; anyone can be a baller if they have the correct ability and item. But right out of the box, Staraptor is a boss.

D

Deleted member

okay i woke up from my nap just to respond to this

but working at mcdonalds or chuck e cheese would be LIT

a discount on mcnuggets? free play coins or w/e they're called? DEAL

i'll gladly take orders and ask "u want some fries wit dat" or prance around in a mouse costume if it meant I could get free food or free coins
I feel like working at a fast food joint would result in me seeing things I couldn't unsee.

But Chuck E. Cheese is a sit down place, sooooo. . .yeah I'm thinkin' "Shiny what about free coins tho" too, LOL. Just gotta make sure his local place doesn't have a ballpit and he's probably good. Ballpits are like kiddy sandbanks at beaches, you stick your hand in there you don't know what you're pulling out.
Chuck E Cheese? I never go there.
I always stay home when someone wants to go to Chuck E Cheese.
Everyone is fine with that.

So why would Chuck E Cheese coins matter?
I understand your reluctance Shiny but entry level jobs are important for someone your age coming into the workforce.

You don't want to make the same mistakes I made (I was jobless for years)
\
I will try to get a job when I am 16. I said that.

D

Deleted member

Also I think it'd be much harder for me to get a date if I worked at a fast food resturant.
That was the main reason I planned to actively look for a job this summer before I realized that I'm broke and that my parents aren't gonna support me financially anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Chuck E Cheese? I never go there.
I always stay home when someone wants to go to Chuck E Cheese.
Everyone is fine with that.

So why would Chuck E Cheese coins matter?
\
I will try to get a job when I am 16. I said that.
>Shiny doesn't enjoy playing games and earning tickets at Chuck E. Cheese

Shiiiiny I thought you were human

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't understand this, your post said Scope Lens, something you need to go out of your way to get assuming you can even get one before reaching Brycen and a specific ability, whereas again, Staraptor naturally learns these amazing moves before you reach Candice, meaning as long as you caught a Starly in the early game, you've basically already got what you need. No having to get a special item and specific ability to make it less **** like Unpleasant

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
On the job topic, my very first job ever was as a McDonald's crew member. Worked there during the summer of 2015 and during Christmas break in 2015. It was hard. The fast pace was not my kind of speed and half the managers would micromanage, get upset over nothing, or both.

However, even with those negatives, I'm glad I worked there. It helped me make some money. It helped me get some job experience. The chain I worked at was also pretty flexible with my schedule, which was nice. Never had to work on Sunday, thankfully.

While McDonald's is definitely my least favorite job I've ever had...it could've been a lot worse. It helped get a firm first footing into the work force at least. And besides, there's worse jobs out there.

D

Deleted member

Hmm... I really do not want to watch this. I just can not watch it because the host is too uncomfortable and these theories are just too goofy.
In before Gwen.
Also I think it'd be much harder for me to get a date if I worked at a fast food resturant.
That was the main reason I planned to actively look for a job this summer before I realized that I'm broke and that my parents aren't gonna support me financially anymore.
Me getting a date?
Never happening. I am just too shy to get a date.

D

Deleted member

Me getting a date?
Never happening. I am just too shy to get a date.
I was talking about myself, not you.
And I'm honestly kind of at the same boat, which is why I want to go out and socialize so that I'll be more confident.

D

Deleted member

>Shiny doesn't enjoy playing games and earning tickets at Chuck E. Cheese

Shiiiiny I thought you were human
You remind me of my middle sister.

My three sisters like Chuck E Cheese, but I do not.
I would rather spend my time in a planetarium.
Chuck E Cheese is filled with screaming kids and the games are boring. I have not been to Chuck E. Cheese in a few years probably.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The biggest reason I want Goku in is cause of all the people that said “if Goku is in i’ll (insert some really dumb thing here)”

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>People wondering what working in fast food would be like

I worked at Burger King for a while. AMA.

D

Deleted member

I would never go to Chuck E. Cheese guys. NEVER!
Sorry Coricus.

Also....
laugh.PNG

Sorry Trump, it is my turn now. Even though your term has not ended yet.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I can’t believe this is an actual arguement. Why would do any sane person use Unfezant over Staraptor?
I mean, if they like Unfezant more than Staraptor, and assuming its outside of the competitive scene, its totally understandable.

Competitively, Unfezant is garbage, while Staraptor is one of the best Reckless users around.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I'm going to sleep now. It's already past midnight and I don't want another case of a sleepless night.
Good night, folks.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You remind me of my middle sister.

My three sisters like Chuck E Cheese, but I do not.
I would rather spend my time in a planetarium.
Chuck E Cheese is filled with screaming kids and the games are boring. I have not been to Chuck E. Cheese in a few years probably.
You mean the darkroom where they rant about the story of Cassiopeia for an hour? I mean granted as kid I kind of had an impulse to go because I'd only been to planetariums like, twice, but looking back on those couple of time it really wasn't much to write home about.

Science museums or like, any place with animals. That's more like it. Give me something to either interact with or something living to watch act interesting and non-scripted.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I mean, if they like Unfezant more than Staraptor, and assuming its outside of the competitive scene, its totally understandable.

Competitively, Unfezant is garbage, while Staraptor is one of the best Reckless users around.
I meant competitive wise, but I could see you taking it the wrong way. I totally get the outside of competitive scene thing too, one of my favorite Pokémon is ****ing Porygon-Z.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You mean the darkroom where they rant about the story of Cassiopeia for an hour? I mean granted as kid I kind of had an impulse to go because I'd only been to planetariums like, twice, but looking back on those couple of time it really wasn't much to write home about.

Science museums or like, any place with animals. That's more like it. Give me something to either interact with or something living to watch act interesting and non-scripted.
My god, you would've loved the Pacific Science Center in Seattle as a kid...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>Unfezant Edition

What a fanboy. :v
Because the thread title is my sacred sanctum and nobody can take that away from me. :p
I can’t believe this is an actual arguement. Why would do any sane person use Unfezant over Staraptor?
Because I love Unfezant. He is a glorious bird who did nothing wrong.

D

Deleted member

Yes and a place where you can look at planets and study stars in a telescope.
I remember I went camping once ( I am not a fan of camping ) and it was so dark the night was beautiful. The stars were everywhere and you could see the Milky Way.

Oooh I love animals!
I have been to a really good zoo before and I was able to touch some animals and all of that.

What is your favorite place to go to?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
what's the most disgusting, abhorrent, vomit-inducing thing you experienced/saw? :laugh::joyful:
Fellow employees (I worked in the kitchen, just so we're clear - never did the tills there) placing the patty onto the buns with their bare hands. Same with the chicken and other similar foods.

Touching the lettuce and cheese and stuff is considered acceptable, and I did that because there was nothing officially that said that was wrong. But stuff like patties and chicken are supposed to be placed where they need to be using their designated tongs as touching chicken and then touching beef and vice versa can cause cross-contamination. A lot of people I knew didn't actually use the tongs since it got orders out faster.

And even if lettuce and cheese are low risk foods, I still felt like we should have been using disposable blue gloves on the food board in general. But since it was deemed acceptable, I didn't question it.

Also, this isn't something that should turn customers off, more just something you have to do if you work in fast food - but cleaning the fryer was awful. I was lucky and only had to do it a handful of times, but all of the crusty grease at the bottom looked disgusting and the smell is so oppressive that I nearly puked the first time. It actually gave me an upset stomach one time and I had to delay my lunch break to let it settle down, as I knew eating my lunch would make me throw up if I didn't wait for it to settle down.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
My god, you would've loved the Pacific Science Center in Seattle as a kid...
*looks up*

Man I CANNOT navigate this website, LOL. Looks like it has a planetarium for Shiny too, though.

Kind of gives me the vibe of the Indianapolis Children's Museum from what little I can figure out. That's. . .a several hour drive, so I only went a few times at best. What a PLACE, though. Apparently some of the dinos they keep are actually pretty paleontologically important specimens, too. The displays are obviously just models, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom