• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait what? No, why? Bowser's D-Smash was awesome.
I don't know my dude, but I'm not lying, I'm looking at the stream right now.

Also, Ike fully charged neutral-B have more range, it's not a custom move, and it look quit scary.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Next is XB2 challenge mode! AHHHH! I'm so excited!:happysheep:

Ivander

Smash Legend
The worst part? The assists trophies. When Waluigi and Lyn appeared again I was heartbroken, since both has been basically deconfirmed for Smash. But oh man, when they showed Bomberman, I died a little inside. I wasn't even a supporter for Bomberman, but seeing such a cool IP and such a cool character get in Smash just to be an assist trophy... I was rather pissed. It might be just because Sakurai couldn't figure out a moveset for him, but seeing how he has made up complete movesets for many characters, I find that hard to believe. Whatever, really sad about this...

Overall extremely excited about this new game. It does seem like "fanservice the game", but it's great. However after Sakurai saying that we shouldn't expect many newcomers... That makes me a bit sad. Hopefully they do DLC fighters, I'm sure they are extremely profitable and I want as much content is this ultimate game as possible, even if I have to pay extra. Right now the only thing that comes to mind that I would love and are kind possible are some kind of Xenoblade content (I'll take whatever lol) and Ken as an echo fighter (He's the original clone, it's the perfect opportunity).

Let's see how this ride ends up.
I feel like people look at Assists the wrong way. I always felt that if they weren't Assist Trophies, they wouldn't be in the game at all(except as a trophy and whatnot). But they want to acknowledge their popularity or history and they find a way for what this character can do even if they aren't playable. Like they're saying, "We may have not wanted this character to be playable, but we can still show them in the game and show how awesome they are." And even if Bomberman isn't playable, he has alot of detail and looks very cool and awesome. And I appreciate that they made him look awesome, even if he's not playable.

DLC is hit-or-miss. I mean, this is meant to be the "Ultimate" version and that's usually the version that has everything from the get-go. And DLC often goes against that. The other thing is if Sakurai is willing to go through DLC. He could stay around for getting out "the last batch", but it also depends on if he wants DLC or not.
I mean, there is a benefit for DLC for this game. The Switch is still only 1-year old, it's still pretty early in it's lifetime and Smash is coming out before it becomes 2 years old. So with the Switch going to be around for a while, releasing DLC after a year or 2 can give more replayability for fans of the game and even keep fans of the series interested in possibly seeing a character that didn't get in.

Last edited:
HOLY **** SHULK AND FIORA IN XC2
"playable blades"

EDIT
doesnt look like you can control it, but you can use the monado
WHAT THE ****
:061:

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
They're showing off Shulk and Fiora!

Seems like they're only playable in this mode, but that definitely helps to make the DLC worth getting!

EDIT: Okay, so they're blades, not fully fledged playable characters.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, CLASSIC FIORA!!! :D

Tho, Shulk look a bit weird lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wake me up when they're showing Smash again, or anything else that isn't Pokemon Let's Go.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The interesting thing about:
Shulk and Fiora in Xenoblade 2
We now have another game with the latter and KOS-MOS fighting together.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Looks like we can unlock alternate costumes through this new mode.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So based on what we know, this smash its all about popularity.

That's why they got all vets back, and why they gave us Ridley. So based on this I'm going to list a lot of characters that could happen. Not saying they would but would make sense based on what we know.

1) King K Rool. second most requested character from the looks of it. Or even any DK rep
2) Something from Pokemon. Who even knows but I'd say its pretty possible
3)Captain Toad, hes the most popular mario rep next to Waluigi and rip him.
4) Chorus Kids, not for massive popularity, but likely had data already so why not?
5) A Xenoblade rep. Popular with Sakurai and a decent fan requests. So I could see this.
6) Shovel Knight, he gained massive popularity fast and seemed to do well in the ballot.
7) Bandanna Dee, just do it already Sakurai... He has a big following and would be amazing.
8)Monster Hunter or Pheonix Wright. Both are pretty big series and requested Capcom reps so it wouldn't shock me.
9) Steve from minecraft. Yes I know that's something many dislike, but younger kids and casual fans probably gave him huge ballot support. So you never really know, its a big enough franchise.
10) Rayman, another obvious choice. Already has trophies, is a big character, pretty popular, and Ubisoft and Nintendo are really working together so this could very well happen.

That's all I can think of for now. So thoughts? Anyone I missed that had big appeal over the years or the ballot?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Y'know, Golden broguht this up on Discord, but the change in logo for Metal Gear Solid to the exclamation point does make sense when you consider one thing.

The FOXHOUND logo was also the logo for Kojima Productions.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So based on what we know, this smash its all about popularity.

That's why they got all vets back, and why they gave us Ridley. So based on this I'm going to list a lot of characters that could happen. Not saying they would but would make sense based on what we know.

1) King K Rool. second most requested character from the looks of it. Or even any DK rep
2) Something from Pokemon. Who even knows but I'd say its pretty possible
3)Captain Toad, hes the most popular mario rep next to Waluigi and rip him.
4) Chorus Kids, not for massive popularity, but likely had data already so why not?
5) A Xenoblade rep. Popular with Sakurai and a decent fan requests. So I could see this.
6) Shovel Knight, he gained massive popularity fast and seemed to do well in the ballot.
7) Bandanna Dee, just do it already Sakurai... He has a big following and would be amazing.
8)Monster Hunter or Pheonix Wright. Both are pretty big series and requested Capcom reps so it wouldn't shock me.
9) Steve from minecraft. Yes I know that's something many dislike, but younger kids and casual fans probably gave him huge ballot support. So you never really know, its a big enough franchise.
10) Rayman, another obvious choice. Already has trophies, is a big character, pretty popular, and Ubisoft and Nintendo are really working together so this could very well happen.

That's all I can think of for now. So thoughts? Anyone I missed that had big appeal over the years or the ballot?
*cue broken record*
Layton. Ya missed Layton

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh my god, I just looked at Jin's arts, they all look broken as ****.

Can't friday come sooner?!:4charizard:

My hype is going off the chart for this new mode.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
XC2 Challenge Battle Mode comes this Friday.

It also contains special battles giving perspective on off camera events, with cutscenes. Such as Jin's raid on a Titan Battleship.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Looks like the Xenoblade DLC that they were showing is available this week. (Friday, to be exact)

Not sure whether I'll get the Xenoblade season pass or the Splatoon expansion first, honestly. (though I should probably beat the single player campaign before I consider either of those)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Catches up with the XC2 stuff

SONEONE HOLD ME, I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO REVEAL THAT UNTIL SUMMER
MENUDO BOY LOOKING CLEAN

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Guys, I can't believe it, they actually gave us costumes, holy ****, they listened to us.

The Architect actually exist IRL.
>Catches up with the XC2 stuff

SONEONE HOLD ME, I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO REVEAL THAT UNTIL SUMMER
MENUDO BOY LOOKING CLEAN
THAT FIORA THO.

AND LOOK AT THIS.

MY **** CAN'T CONTAIN IT

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is a lot of assumptions to be making off of one direct
:061:
Not really. When the creator says that its the ultimate game, goes onto say that all the vets only came back due to fan demand, as well as daisy, and Ridley, and then went on to let everyone know their favorite the gamecube controller is back, and detail competitive means to appeal that side of the fanbase.

It seems pretty damn obvious the game will be based around by fan demand, especially the characters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not really. When the creator says that its the ultimate game, goes onto say that all the vets only came back due to fan demand, as well as daisy, and Ridley, and then went on to let everyone know their favorite the gamecube controller is back, and detail competitive means to appeal that side of the fanbase.

It seems pretty damn obvious the game will be based around by fan demand, especially the characters.
So Nia confirmed then.

Hyur I come, ready or Gormotti!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Allies in Mario Party have unique dialogue depending on the character they team up with

Aaaaah that's actually cute.

Means I'll finally get some dialogue from Rosalina.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I’m not sure if this adds anything to any conversation, but apparently Zelda Williams is a Zelda/Sheik main. I mean, to be honest, who else would someone named Zelda Williams main? Robin?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom