• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

So did it ever exist in the first place?
Basically it was an illusion conjured by Majora's Mask that disappears after it's defeated.

Or at least that's the writer's interpretation of the events in the game.

Personally I just don't like when things pull the "oh everything is fake, actually" twist because it's so lazy and makes the journey extremely pointless for the sake of a "gotcha".

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The two most famous Melee "techniques", L-Cancelling and Wavedash, are glitches. All they do is create a gap between players.
Then you have Wobbling and players using broken controllers to perform specific techniques.
Nothing they do is "competitive", it's abusing things that weren't supposed to be in the game to not allow what they consider "unskilled" players to play.
I dont understand why using glitches was acceptable in tournaments

just seems very dirty. Thats like if I used that kanji glitch in BlazBlue Cross tag battle that freezes the opponent in the air with his lightning attack and it was accepted in a tourny

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dont understand why using glitches was acceptable in tournaments

just seems very dirty. Thats like if I used that kanji glitch in BlazBlue Cross tag battle that freezes the opponent in the air with his lightning attack and it was accepted in a tourny
Wave-dashing and wobbling are annoying, but they are not broken. :lol:
You can still punish that and play through it quite easier than people think.

Speaking of MatPat... I see a reason why people hate him, a reason why some do not.
MatPat may be hated because his theories have been more off-topic and controversial ( The Ness is Sans theory and the Mario being evil theory are two notable examples. ). Guy still does well with evidence and caculations even if the theories are not true and bizzare though.

I am not a MatPat fan, but I am not a MatPat hater.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Speaking of MatPat... I see a reason why people hate him, a reason why some do not.
MatPat may be hated because his theories have been more off-topic and controversial ( The Ness is Sans theory and the Mario being evil theory are two notable examples. ). Guy still does well with evidence and caculations even if the theories are not true and bizzare though.

Do I need to bring up some examples of his evidence and calculations being flat out wrong?

D

Deleted member

Shish is such a good boyfriend that both males and females are screaming to get his attention.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

When he uses his own crackpot theories from older videos as evidence for newer videos I think he loses all credibility he didn’t have.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Termina being a dream world might be one of the biggest letdown's in gaming history.

Why did you have to fiddle with the game's lore?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also @Shishœ

L-cancelling isn't a glitch, Smash 64 had it too and it was even referred to as the "Smooth Landing" technique on the official website.

http://web.archive.org/web/19991117180837/http://smashbros.com/moves_advattacklanding.html

Smash Wii U & 3DS also has "Smooth Landing", though it's relegated to a custom equipment effect.

That being said, I do think Smooth Landing/L-cancelling is actually a bad mechanic, at least the Smash 64/Melee version.

Wavedashing on the other hand isn't a glitch either. It's not an intentional mechanic really, but it's also not a glitch. All it is, is using a diagonal directional air dodge to quickly descend back to the ground after a short hop, and you retain the momentum when hitting the ground because Melee actually has ground-to-air/air-to-ground momentum. The mechanics are working as intended so it can't be classified as a glitch. It's more akin to an exploit.

Sakurai knew about wavedashing during Melee's development, but didn't remove it because it wasn't a bug, and he thought it was an inconsequential quirk of the game's physics working as intended. He didn't realise it would have so many practical applications, which was why it was never mentioned in any official material.

Shish is such a good boyfriend that both males and females are screaming to get his attention.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also @Shishœ

L-cancelling isn't a glitch, Smash 64 had it too and it was even referred to as the "Smooth Landing" technique on the official website.

http://web.archive.org/web/19991117180837/http://smashbros.com/moves_advattacklanding.html

Smash Wii U & 3DS also has "Smooth Landing", though it's relegated to a custom equipment effect.

That being said, I do think Smooth Landing/L-cancelling is actually a bad mechanic, at least the Smash 64/Melee version.

Wavedashing on the other hand isn't a glitch either. It's not an intentional mechanic really, but it's also not a glitch. All it is, is using a diagonal directional air dodge to quickly descend back to the ground after a short hop, and you retain the momentum when hitting the ground because Melee actually has ground-to-air momentum. The mechanics are working as intended so it can't be classified as a glitch. It's more akin to an exploit.

Sakurai knew about wavedashing during Melee's development, but didn't remove it because it wasn't a bug, and he thought it was an inconsequential quirk of the game's physics working as intended. He didn't realise it would have so many practical applications, which was why it was never mentioned in any official material.
You said it better than I did.
Bravo!

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Basically it was an illusion conjured by Majora's Mask that disappears after it's defeated.

Or at least that's the writer's interpretation of the events in the game.

Personally I just don't like when things pull the "oh everything is fake, actually" twist because it's so lazy and makes the journey extremely pointless for the sake of a "gotcha".
It's a genuinely stupid theory, like most "it was all a dream" theories are, and it ignores blatant evidence to the contrary. Like, you know, the fact that world doesn't disappear after Majora is defeated.

D

Deleted member

I always though Shish was more of a kuudere?
Nah, he's not that cold/emotionless. He's just hostile for the sake of it, especially towards me and my advances. But then he randomly warms up to me at times. He's weirder than I am.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's a genuinely stupid theory, like most "it was all a dream" theories are, and it ignores blatant evidence to the contrary. Like, you know, the fact that world doesn't disappear after Majora is defeated.
Apparently the explanation they gave is that Termina disappeared after Link left the land.

Still BS either way. Really wish they wouldn't tamper with the Zelda lore like that.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Apparently the explanation they gave is that Termina disappeared after Link left the land.

Still BS either way. Really wish they wouldn't tamper with the Zelda lore like that.
Makes more sense to say it's purgatory, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom