• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Since I've been binge watching mad anime the past month, I thought I should share my thoughts...

Black Lagoon: Black Lagoon is very good wow. I have to admit, the cast are likable and funny, and there's a surprising depth to some of the criminals Rock and his crew meet during some of the arcs. For example, I initally dislike Hansel and Gretel in their initial appearance, and after learning what truly happened to them, I can't help but feel bad that they've suffered so much into become the way they were. Revy and Eda are the best together I swear.

Cowboy Bebop: Possibly the third anime I'd call a perfect ten. Seriously man, this is a really superb experience watching through this. If I had to do a ranking, Cowboy Bebop would probably be in my top five. Second or third at highest in fact. It'll fight with Gurren Lagann for second place haha. It's ending theme song is such a banger.

Rurouni Kenshin truly getting me into anime is what ultimately helds CB back from being #1, but **** it's creator man. At least I was able to finish the Reflections movie though.

Full Metal Alchemist: Also another great anime that dropped on Netflix alongside Brotherhood. Frankly I thought Brotherhood was a sequel but I eventually found that it's a remake of the original. I already like the original FMA. Apparently alot agree that the remake is far much better. Brotherhood is right up next!

Monogatari Series: Watching this series right now, it seems to get better. I have to be careful though because while this anime is enriching heavy on the characters and dialouge, I gotta give out my full attention span on the episode. Still liking what I'm seeing. Just gradually on my way in finishing the second season.

Konosuba: I was able to finish this in time haha. I found Season 1 funnier but Season 2 is also just as good. A decent and entertaining enough cast to boot. I'm looking forward to Season 3 if it drops.

ReZero: Just finished this. Good story, likable cast of characters (particularly Rem man she is a great written character; Subaru is alright I suppose). The anime was interesting enough and kept me engaged through the end. I liked it.

Steins;Gate: Episode 1 to 11 started being chill and all. Episode 12 however, **** started happening all of a sudden and it starts picking up. From there it's been a pretty thrilling experience hence forth. The movie was just as amazing. I think it's about time I go hit up to 0!

Your Lie in April: This is a great anime wow. A spectacular story of a talented and young pianist who has not once touched the piano since the death of his mother and a violinist who's determined to reignite the pianist's passion for music once again. Just wow. It was written really well. I really enjoyed this anime.

Still waiting for Attack on Titan Season 3, Little Witch Academia Season 2 (I kinda hope this comes out even though I'm not sure if it is tbh) and One Punch Man Season 2... also waiting to finish up Darling in the Franxx. I'm kinda of interested in Hunter x Hunter and My Hero Academia...

D

Deleted member

Mmm... I think the reason why they dislike Smash 4 and Brawl is because they can no longer do competitive stuff, not because they want to minuplate the game.

Like there are still players that play anything besides top tiers in Melee. It is just that playing low tiers can be very difficult due to the strengths of the top tiers. Their intentions are not to make low and mid tiers worse, just a way to get better at the game as a whole. There are some annoying Melee fans that try to make you do that stuff, but the rest of the Melee fans are not trying to control you into joining them or forcing you to play top tiers for life. Most competitive Melee fans are not mean and they could care less if you played a low tier for the lols or because you liked it.
The two most famous Melee "techniques", L-Cancelling and Wavedash, are glitches. All they do is create a gap between players.
Then you have Wobbling and players using broken controllers to perform specific techniques.
Nothing they do is "competitive", it's abusing things that weren't supposed to be in the game to not allow what they consider "unskilled" players to play.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The two most famous Melee "techniques", L-Cancelling and Wavedash, are glitches. All they do is create a gap between players.
Then you have Wobbling and players using broken controllers to perform specific techniques.
Nothing they do is "competitive", it's abusing things that weren't supposed to be in the game to not allow what they consider "unskilled" players to play.
Wasn't L-Canceling an intentional technique?

I recall the website for 64 officially calling it "smooth landing"

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
1: L-Cancelling was intended
2: L-Cancelling is a terrible mechanic because there's no reason NOT to do it and it's just an extra input that's necessary. Ultimate seems to know this by decreasing everything's landing lag

D

Deleted member

Oh so you think I’m dumb!?
View attachment 149447
WAIT, I CAN EXPLAIN!
It is not like that they will find any abusive thing and apply it, for example Meta Knight in Brawl can stay in his Infinite Cape forever. That is banned.
Also when do players use broken controllers? Most of them use Game Cube Controllers. :lol:

Yes, I can see why the glitches are annoying. They are not meant to be a part of the game and all, but they are just trying to do what everyone does in a competition, find a good way to beat the other opponent. You can still beat these glitches and I know it kills the chances casuals can have.

Also those glitches do require skill, so that is competitive. I can see your reasoning, those are glitches though.

The funny thing is that the Melee fanbase became so loud and popular, Nintendo was happy to add wave-landing in Ultimate. Not truly wave-dashing, but kind of. Also rolling and air-dodging are nerfed, and I am happy about that change.

Edit: L-Canceling is intended indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Maybe wear socks next time.
Or at least a shoe

You are misreading what I said.
I am not saying that every fanbase is terrible and obnoxious, I am saying that every fandom has that small dark side compared to the quiet / other side.
Maybe you're not seeing how I'm wording it. Oh well

There's always that one obnoxious group that always ****s on others to where it's supposed to be an "inside club" concept where almost no one can get in other than favoritism and that hurts the community more than willing to be open minded and accept people who want to learn. That's what bothers me because while I enjoy seeing the Melee matchups, I'm just tired of people treating each other like ****. That's why I don't do the competitive games because not only will I know I will lose and get destroyed, I'm just not motivated to be involved and get wrecked. And this is coming from a guy who knows a few people from my alma meter who is like that but willing to discuss Sm4sh

D

Deleted member

You ARE dumb.

But you're a good dumb.
That is still mean to praline.
How is being dumb good? Being dumb is a bad thing, no offense. Also praline is not dumb.

UNI YOU ARE NOT DUMB EITHER!

People are not bad for being dumb though. Like some people have problems and all of that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
More or less. Even still, the difference I see between the two games is that concerning declines, Melee had flawed competitive balance from the beginning. Smash 4, on the other hand, I believe had decent competitive balance for a while, but rather got worse over time.

ChikoLad ChikoLad Even before ZeRo and other players retired, the meta still showed signs of going downhill.

If someone wants to play a Smash Bros. game that has legit good competitive balance, I always recommend Project M above anything else.
That's what I said, players stagnated and as a result the meta got boring.

As a Rosalina main, I watched her meta just get worse and worse because players were simply getting lazy. And from what I've seen, it happened to a lot of other really good characters too, so it isn't a balance issue.

It was happening long before DLC even started, and is why I lost serious interest in competitive Smash.

D

Deleted member

That's what I said, players stagnated and as a result the meta got boring.

As a Rosalina main, I watched her meta just get worse and worse because players were simply getting lazy. And from what I've seen, it happened to a lot of other really good characters too, so it isn't a balance issue.

It was happening long before DLC even started, and is why I lost serious interest in competitive Smash.
Her meta actually rose from what I got.
Dabuz has made high placings in high ranking tournaments, and other Rosalinas have made w aves.
Rosalina will never be her beginning self, but at one point, she was not even a top ten character anymore. Rosalina is still around top 5 - top 8.

D

Deleted member

Because sometimes, ignorance is bliss.
Being smart has all of the advantages over dumb.
In this world, you can not escape trying some way to get money or some way to live.
When you are smart, you have an advantage at almost everything. Jobs, survival, home...

@Shishœ you do make good arguments though. I can see why you are frustrated with people using some techniques not intended by Sakurai.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Her meta actually rose from what I got.
Dabuz has made high placings in high ranking tournaments, and other Rosalinas have made w aves.
Rosalina will never be her beginning self, but at one point, she was not even a top ten character anymore. Rosalina is still around top 5 - top 8.
She could be even better though.

The issue isn't with placings, but in how people play her. Overly defensive and turtle-like when that's the wrong way to play her, at least if you're doing it 100% of the time.

It says a lot that the first video to collect most known Luma tech into one cohesive video released a literal day or two before Smash Ultimate was announced. A community that's trying to progress wouldn't let that happen.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
In this world, you can not escape trying some way to get money or some way to live.
When you are smart, you have an advantage at almost everything. Jobs, survival, home...

@Shishœ you do make good arguments though. I can see why you are frustrated with people using some techniques not intended by Sakurai.
Nobody tell him about how every job a high degree requires years od experience in the US

D

Deleted member

She could be even better though.

The issue isn't with placings, but in how people play her. Overly defensive and turtle-like when that's the wrong way to play her, at least if you're doing it 100% of the time.

It says a lot that the first video to collect most known Luma tech into one cohesive video released a literal day or two before Smash Ultimate was announced. A community that's trying to progress wouldn't let that happen.
Rosa is good and all, but you have to think about how the character works besides placings in tournaments.
If placings in tournaments were not a thing, than Rosa would be either top 3 or top 6.
So in a way you are right.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Being smart also means you realize how much of a ****hole the world is, how your intelligence puts you so many levels higher than the less intelligent people that you become beyond their understanding and, of course, have your knowledge be used by powerful and not-so-good people for disasters.

The two atomic bombs of World War II are a great example of the latter.

Being smart is kind of a double-edged sword.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
holy ****....i had to walk around outside in 42 degree weather and i feel ****ing baked

my whole face is sunburned, my body is upset, and everything is overheating, ****

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Rosa is good and all, but you have to think about how the character works besides placings in tournaments.
If placings in tournaments were not a thing, than Rosa would be either top 3 or top 6.
So in a way you are right.
You're arguing with a fanboy who claims players are too lazy when the BnBs are deemed the best options. As in, what happens in pretty much every fighting game. Never underestimate how people value BnBs

D

Deleted member

holy ****....i had to walk around outside in 42 degree weather and i feel ****ing baked

my whole face is sunburned, my body is upset, and everything is overheating, ****
Next time get sunscreen, even if you are not in the beach.
Also I hope you feel better. I am really bored right now.

Chrono.

Learned Hyrule Encyclopedia also says Termina isn't real and stops existing after Link leaves.

So **** that book.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You're arguing with a fanboy who claims players are too lazy when the BnBs are deemed the best options. As in, what happens in pretty much every fighting game. Never underestimate how people value BnBs
Fanboy of what?

I'm far from the only person who recognises how stagnant the Smash Wii U meta got.

The fact people are looking towards Ultimate as a replacement already proves my point. Melee never got replaced despite having a lesser character roster and poor balance because somehow the game has remained entertaining to spectators and players alike all these years due to a variety of aspects that are, admittedly, entirely down to luck. Smash Wii U was never a very good competitive game, it was just having it's time in the sun because it was the newest game, and Nintendo were actually pushing it. It's barely any different than what happened with Brawl, only difference is.Nintendo pushed Smash Wii U as an e-sport in order to promote it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Shishœ
I am sorry if I upset you. Do not let a 15 year old who hates a lot of stuff make your day bad.

I know it is unlikely I upset you, but I am just trying to be safe and I do not want you thinking I am a bad fanboy.

I am not even a Melee fanboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom