• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I wanted to reply to more posts but I've been out all day and I don't feel like adding to it anymore. Though unlike some people, I feel like the discussion was pretty civil.
My dad got his life ruined by a false accusation.

**** off Shish
For this, I want to apologize. I clearly could have worded that better and I exaggerated things to the point they stopped being true.

I'm not offended by you telling me to "**** off" though. I understand what it's like to being frustrated but what bothers me is this
I find it funny that other members in the thread can ***** about pretty much anything, but when I start to take issue, suddenly the whole place is too negative.

No one cares... Just like with what happened with my dad.

I'm sorry I ever brought it up.
Considering I'm pretty sure this is directed at me, I'll say you're wrong. I can't actually ***** about anything without being bombarded with people telling me I'm wrong. This happened the other day with the whole Soldier 76 thing, heck, I wan't even ******** about it, I was trying to celebrate it.
And whenever I do actually bring up issues to talk about, I get painted as a villain for "ruining the mood" of the thread or whatever.

And then there's this
No. I think you had the right be angry, given this affected your family. And it sucks to hear that it happened.
This isn't directed at Knight in specific, I saw a lot of other replies like this.
No one defended my right to be angry the other day. No one tried to understand or comprehend why I was angry. People just moved on and continued to be asses about it. If Swamp has the right to be frustrated with things that affected his family, why am I also not allowed to be frustrated at things that affect my daily life?

D

Deleted member

Same, same...
Tbh, anything that's controversial exhaust me... especially the non-gaming related ones, there's really no point of discussing it here in my opinion

Not much related but this reminds me what the Deputy Director of a Central Ministry of Foreign Affairs in my country that I am currently having an internship in, he told me...

In my country there is literally no real neutral news media (especially when it comes to politics), he said in US there are (but I somewhat disagree)... when it comes to news media in general you have to think twice and try to know the gist of it rather than just being a sheep. It is always best to look at both sides of a topic or news and then learn to know the truth, sure it is hard but always try to make your own opinion rather than completely take what it is.

Isn't it too long, don't read? Which is making explanations short?

There is a gray area on what can be tl;dr I'll give you that. And you can assume whatever you want, since I already said should but it's okay if you don't.

Because if you are stating something that perhaps you consider a fact, chances are you need to bring up some references. If you can't or don't want to, that's fine by me too.

I already said I'm tired of this topic, already decided to drop it and now you are going for the hard way?
I'm now disappointed on you, sorry if you consider me bigot-lite, but hey I still won't label you anything.
If you really have something to say on me, feel free to post it on Discord.
No, I know what tl;dr means, I was asking what was too long to read.

I don’t need to prove that things like anti vaxxers exist, you can easily look it up yourself, you’re the one who claims that people can simply look up whatever and be completely caught up on things with little to no effort.

And yeah, I’ll stick with the label I chose. It’s for people who bigotry slide under the bus, but oh, it’s fine, they’re “right in the middle”.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Though unlike some people, I feel like the discussion was pretty civil.
If you ask me I only feel like it's the mods who find it uncivil. Not a shot at a mods, but it feels like they're the only ones who believe so half the time. :073:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
America?

Neutral News Media?

*insert J. Jonah Jameson laughing video here*

Okay, I jest; but most American News Channels are pretty biased (it depends, FOX News is notorious for their Right Wing bias).

Britain's a lot better; but if you believe certain whistleblowers, the BBC is getting increasingly left wing (and has been doing so for decades). Fortunately, it doesn't really effect what gets shown on the News (yet), because they take Journalistic Neutrality very seriously.

Can't say much about other countries.

You're right though that it's always better to know both sides of the topic, though obviously some people want to make that very difficult for the layman.
Yeah, that's why I disagree with my Deputy over there lol.
I have did my best on being neutral when it comes to a lot of thing. Yet, now I'm being called bigotry-lite and a nerd, who knows what's next I'm gonna be called?lol
I don’t need to prove that things like anti vaxxers exist, you can easily look it up yourself, you’re the one who claims that people can simply look up whatever and be completely caught up on things with little to no effort.
Yeah but you don't need to because I was never really delved into the topic, since it's not gaming related.

Yeah, there are but are they the minority or somewhere in between? That's what I wanted to know.

And yeah, I’ll stick with the label I chose. It’s for people who bigotry slide under the bus, but oh, it’s fine, they’re “right in the middle”.
Go ahead then, I personally don't think it's a good idea though. And not worth doing if I have to be honest with you, since I already said I'm done with the topic, can we just go back and talk about video games and no hard feelings?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I wish jobs weren’t a necessity. I’d like to actually be able to enjoy my life. Urge to just disappear keeps rising,

.....goodnight.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, I jest; but most American News Channels are pretty biased (it depends, FOX News is notorious for their Right Wing bias).
If CNN is memed to be the left and Fox memed to be the right, what does that make NBC?

D

Deleted member

I think I'm getting alerts for the bot threads but they get deleted almost instantly so I just see my alert count go higher but when I click on it there's nothing so I'm left like:
2F229C49-162B-4B81-9E9C-1993201AFD66.gif

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think I'm getting alerts for the bot threads but they get deleted almost instantly so I just see my alert count go higher but when I click on it there's nothing so I'm left like:
View attachment 186593
I remember when they made big news of your posts and people putting all of their like spams into compilations so it wouldn't clutter up your alerts.

And then it doesn't even work half the time.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I wanted to reply to more posts but I've been out all day and I don't feel like adding to it anymore. Though unlike some people, I feel like the discussion was pretty civil.

For this, I want to apologize. I clearly could have worded that better and I exaggerated things to the point they stopped being true.

I'm not offended by you telling me to "**** off" though. I understand what it's like to being frustrated but what bothers me is this

Considering I'm pretty sure this is directed at me, I'll say you're wrong. I can't actually ***** about anything without being bombarded with people telling me I'm wrong. This happened the other day with the whole Soldier 76 thing, heck, I wan't even ******** about it, I was trying to celebrate it.
And whenever I do actually bring up issues to talk about, I get painted as a villain for "ruining the mood" of the thread or whatever.

And then there's this

This isn't directed at Knight in specific, I saw a lot of other replies like this.
No one defended my right to be angry the other day. No one tried to understand or comprehend why I was angry. People just moved on and continued to be ***** about it. If Swamp has the right to be frustrated with things that affected his family, why am I also not allowed to be frustrated at things that affect my daily life?
It's a whole lot of misunderstandings that spiral out of control.

I'd like to issue a personal apology regarding the discussion of the Soldier 76 thing, you have every right to celebrate the Writers confirming his sexuality.

There are people who dislike it for any number of reasons, but they are irrelevant to your experience and appreciation of the character.

I was arguing from the wrong perspective, while my opinion hasn't changed (I am only an outside observer and can only care in an academic sense, I have no idea who Soldier 76 is and am therefore unable to form any strong opinions on the character); if I offended you with the things that I said (regarding both Soldier 76 and Shield Knight), I apologize. They obviously strike a chord with you and pursuing the topic is obviously not the right thing to do.

D

Deleted member

I remember when they made big news of your posts and people putting all of their like spams into compilations so it wouldn't clutter up your alerts.

And then it doesn't even work half the time.
That was just how the site functioned normally before the big """"update"""", like alerts would be automatically compressed by post.
Shield Knight
Shield Knight is pure and has never done anything wrong. You must be thinking of her younger brother, Shield Hero. He's a smelly goblin.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man I wish jobs weren’t a necessity. I’d like to actually be able to enjoy my life. Urge to just disappear keeps rising,

.....goodnight.
Man I wish I didn't have to wake up to get this bread at this one place every other day.

I should've been born 8 years earlier so i could capitalize on the youtube lets play hype

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Shield Knight is pure and has never done anything wrong. You must be thinking of her younger brother, Shield Hero. He's a smelly goblin.
Which kinda proves how little I actually care about the series, because I couldn't even remember the story's title. :laugh:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

.....goodnight.
You say that and that's sorta the things I think about as well. I mean between finding a job being a ****ing pain in the ass and only being able to get ****ty retail jobs.

I echo the sentiment very much.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
View attachment 186593
Not to mention both Smashboards and Squidboards have been getting bot spams for years now. But hey, it has been a while since the bot spam happens, so... improvement I guess?

I'd like to issue a personal apology regarding the discussion of the Soldier 76 thing, you have every right to celebrate the Writers confirming his sexuality.

There are people who dislike it for any number of reasons, but they are irrelevant to your experience and appreciation of the character.

I was arguing from the wrong perspective, while my opinion hasn't changed (I am only an outside observer and can only care in an academic sense, I have no idea who Soldier 76 is and am therefore unable to form any strong opinions on the character); if I offended you with the things that I said (regarding both Soldier 76 and Shield Knight), I apologize. They obviously strike a chord with you and pursuing the topic is obviously not the right thing to do.
I may be getting on the bandwagon, but while I am stick with my opinion... I do have to issue apology to both @Shishœ and @Prince Alucard ,and last but not least our most hardworking moderator Hat N Clogs. After send me a PM, I have decided that I will never delve in to any controversial (Especially non gaming ones) here ever again. So please accept my apology, if not that's also fine.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Androobie Androobie

Glad to see you're doing alright man. We were all scared for you about a week ago.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've already had my run through the name calling and controversy, so I'm just going to stay out of anything non vidya.

The level of weeb here is pretty strong so I might indulge in that too.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I make it a personal policy to stop giving a **** about arguments when the next day rolls around.

KMDP

Smash Legend
mother****ing **** **** **** god damn it

I cant stop dying in this area in Dream Drop
The solution is to take care of your Dream Eaters.

Love them until they can't be loved anymore, because they reward you with abilities.
(I'm mostly kidding, I assume you're already doing that).
I make it a personal policy to stop giving a **** about arguments when the next day rolls around.
A good policy.

But sometimes the argument finds you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What I'm getting from the replies to praline's post is that we should organize a new Communist Revolution.
I feel like a joke about a certain anime adaptation could be made here, since we're talking about controversial anime...

Ivander

Smash Legend
@Shishœ @Prince Alucard

If you two thought of me as having an issue with the whole deal, I'll give an apology if you thought I came across as "defensive" or whatever as that was never my intention. Also, there was nothing wrong about the two of you celebrating Soldier as a gay character nor was I ever trying to imply it as a bad thing. I apologize if you believed I was doing that.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still don't know how DBZ even plays lol.

Here's the question, is it a pain if you were sucked by Kirby?

I hate fighting games when I lose lol, obviously...

I also want to talk about Smash Bros Spirit board, which Novice spirits that you think it's actually the most difficult to beat without equipping spirits at all? For me it's has to be Bullet Bill... if you try to beat those Captain Falcon without using Bullet Bill item it can be a pain, even using the Bullet Bill item you have to be very careful.
1. Mash buttons and pretend you know what you’re doing...the only way to play DBFighterZ
2. Kirby giving me the succ suck would be terrible considering his insides is practically a galaxy or hell or something demonic like...if it was someone like Palutena I’d accept...but Kirby is selfish and heartless so bad thing

KMDP

Smash Legend
I hope a persona game happens where you have to stab yourself in your chest to get your persona

they already got shooting yourself, next step is stabbing yourself
Don't forget ripping off your face, Persona 4 is relatively tame (since it just involves denying your true self and then realising you were wrong).

The final Persona game will involve taking toasters to bathtubs to awaken your Persona.

And that is when the fans say that maybe ATLUS is taking it a bit too far and maaaaaaybe the writer has some issues he needs to work out.
you joke, but I really do want a persona game where I can live out my dream of stabbig myself , bam, right in my chest
That's... uh...

You okay, PP?

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh God, the spambots are back in force!!
FC8CB3CB-5900-44E6-A84F-92BCF7622287.png

C8047264-DAD1-44D0-8B33-FE8439BEB37E.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom