• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
SJW doesn’t really make sense as an insult anyway. So what I mean by anti SJW is someone who is not comfortable with social justice. The type of people who lore is all that matters and what meaning that lore perpetrates is irrelevant and is not worth mentioning. Nerd in this case, well yeah, pretty much everyone is into some form of media and we’re all nerds to some extent. But on the internet especially there’s this toxic behavior that stems from nerd culture. Where all of the trivial nerd BS is put on a much higher pedestal than the issues of minorities especially.
I don't think you quite understand where Anti-SJWs are coming from.

It's often not that they disagree with the SJWs' ideals, it's that they disagree with the methodology of the ideology.
There are some ideals that they usually do disagree with, such as, for example: "Black People can't be Racist", per the dictionary definition of Racism, this simply isn't true, but SJWs (usually) use a different definition of Racism (taught in Social Studies classes in Universities) which involves class structure and interactions of political power. Obviously, this ends up leading to flame wars when the two can't agree on what it means to be Racist (usually because both sides assume the other uses the "correct" definition and never bother to check what the other means).

Anti-SJWs also often perceive a "general lack of self-awareness" in the (stereotypical) SJW, where they claim to be against bigotry but end up becoming incredibly bigoted against the "enemy" (usually Straight, White Males). I hope you can see how this is seen as a bad thing.

A TED Talk I watched a while ago, by Cassie Jaye (the woman who made "The Red Pill", a former self-admitted Extremist Feminist), pointed out that she would often not actually listen to what was being said to her, instead hearing what she wanted to hear (i.e. something bad), I recommend watching it (here) for more details.

Obviously, Anti-SJWs can be just as bad as the people they are against.
It isn't that people are uncomfortable with social justice, you might disagree but social justice have been somewhat went overboard recently. That's why you do have people don't really focus on the actual meaning it tries to convey, it's okay to talk about it along with the actual critique but they shouldn't be the main focus in my opinion.
Then they are uncomfortable with social justice. Just saying that people don’t before you say they do doesn’t make it otherwise. Much like “I don’t care that this is character is gay, but urgh, they had to had to state he was gay!”
I keep saying it's not that Blizzard said that the character was gay! It's how they perceived the implications of them doing so.

Think of it this way: those people were getting offended on Gay people's behalf (which they shouldn't be doing, but whatever), because they perceived Blizzard to be pandering to them (in a bad way) and trying to lure them into playing the game when the game was going off the radar.

Nobody raised a stink about the character being revealed as homosexual in the Novelisation, it wasn't that Blizzard was celebrating it, they thought there was an ulterior motive behind the celebration.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not really feeling this game.
What, Spyro the Dragon?

If you're talking about Spyro 1; yeah, it's missing something.

Spyro 2 and 3 are much more enjoyable (though I haven't gotten to the Spyro 3 remake).

EDIT: The original Spyro 3 was the only Spyro game I ever played besides Season of Ice on the GBA.
EDIT, AGAIN: Oh, you meant Hive Jump, well, scratch everything I just said then.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What, Spyro the Dragon?

If you're talking about Spyro 1; yeah, it's missing something.

Spyro 2 and 3 are much more enjoyable (though I haven't gotten to the Spyro 3 remake).

EDIT: The original Spyro 3 was the only Spyro game I ever played besides Season of Ice on the GBA.
Not Spryo, Hive Jump

Haven't open Spyro's box yet.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not Spryo, Hive Jump

Haven't open Spyro's box yet.
Yeah, realized my mistake.

I had forgotten you mentioning Hive Jump, but remembered you mentioning Spyro the Dragon.

To continue with my thoughts about Spyro since I brought it up, I find Spyro a lot harder to play than Crash, though I don't mean in a difficulty sense (Crash is way harder).

I was able to marathon all of the N-Sane trilogy, while I can only play Spyro in bursts. Maybe Collectathons just don't gel well with me.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
tl;dr funnily enough sums up exactly why people still have misconceptions about dinosaurs. There’s no stastistics on people’s misinformation on dinosaur’s.Though there’s certainly statistics on misinformation regarding other things, but do I really need to bring up statistics for those? I’m certain you’ve heard of anti Vader’s, flat earth era, **** like that.
Sorry but how is this even consider a tl;dr? lol
To some extent you do, at least that's what I think, if you are unable to bring up statistics, articles, or any YT video about it, that's also fine actually.

Then they are uncomfortable with social justice. Just saying that people don’t before you say they do doesn’t make it otherwise. Much like “I don’t care that this is character is gay, but urgh, they had to had to state he was gay!”
What I meant was people have the basic social justice in mind (Including me), but not everyone tends to spread it to every parts of media, especially the entertainment ones.

Oh man, with that topic again? I already said I am done with that, but I have delve more into some YT videos, Youtubers like ProtoMario says that he's fine with Soldier 76's sexuality but in FPS games it's somewhat meaningless. And I agree.

About toxicity Alucard, sorry but I am just tired of this topic, I see no conclusion of this so let's just drop it. Not admitting you are right though.
I can't help but feel that it would be more fitting with my boi (Inklings have an even worse MU against him) :yoshi:
I have tried Inkling for a while and pretty much like Shulk... Inklings require plenty time to get good with.

It's often not that they disagree with the SJWs' ideals, it's that they disagree with the methodology of the ideology.
Like I said I don't want to delve in too much onto this besides that I personally think "labeling" others a certain term or ideals (SJWs and anti-SJWs is an example) is inappropriate. You don't see me do that, and I never will.

In the end, I am going to do what our mod Hat N' Clogs will tell us to do, just drop down the topic and discuss other stuff that aren't sensitive, like video games.
Yeah, realized my mistake.

I had forgotten you mentioning Hive Jump, but remembered you mentioning Spyro the Dragon.

To continue with my thoughts about Spyro since I brought it up, I find Spyro a lot harder to play than Crash, though I don't mean in a difficulty sense (Crash is way harder).

I was able to marathon all of the N-Sane trilogy, while I can only play Spyro in bursts. Maybe Collectathons just don't gel well with me.
Do you think we will get Spyro on Switch? This may not be a proper thinking but since Bungie and Activision broke up, I hope Activision can focus on more of the IPs they have and focus on porting Spyro Trilogy to Switch this year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are some ideals that they usually do disagree with, such as, for example: "Black People can't be Racist", per the dictionary definition of Racism, this simply isn't true, but SJWs (usually) use a different definition of Racism (taught in Social Studies classes in Universities) which involves class structure and interactions of political power. Obviously, this ends up leading to flame wars when the two can't agree on what it means to be Racist (usually because both sides assume the other uses the "correct" definition and never bother to check what the other means).

Anti-SJWs also often perceive a "general lack of self-awareness" in the (stereotypical) SJW, where they claim to be against bigotry but end up becoming incredibly bigoted against the "enemy" (usually Straight, White Males). I hope you can see how this is seen as a bad thing.

A TED Talk I watched a while ago, by Cassie Jaye (the woman who made "The Red Pill", a former self-admitted Extremist Feminist), pointed out that she would often not actually listen to what was being said to her, instead hearing what she wanted to hear (i.e. something bad), I recommend watching it (here) for more details.

Obviously, Anti-SJWs can be just as bad as the people they are against.
You didn’t have to state so much, I know what people usually mean by SJW and anti SJWs.(Except not really because everyone including myself after being an “anti sjw” have a different idea what those terms mean.) I’m pretty family. Yeah, some people on the liberal end can be bigoted and poorly informed. I still have my controversies among them too. But I still think it’s no coincidence that people happen to let other bigotry slide but the complain about the minorities and the like being in the media they consume.

As for soldier 76, there definitely were people that just had a problem with him being gay even aside from the announcement which also serves as confirmation since again for some people it has to come from word of god.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And the age of bot-spam has officially restarted.
Korean bot spam to be exact...

Also... I recently bought a used book at a refurbish books bookstore that teaches Arabic, besides German and Japanese I am actually interested in learning Arabic as well since my Jordan friend back in US taught me a bit how Arabic works. And obviously Arabic isn't a popular foreign language to learn in my country, the two most popular ones are Japanese and Korean if you exclude English.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Like I said I don't want to delve in too much onto this besides that I personally think "labeling" others a certain term or ideals (SJWs and anti-SJWs is an example) is inappropriate. You don't see me do that, and I never will.

In the end, I am going to do what our mod Hat N' Clogs will tell us to do, just drop down the topic and discuss other stuff that aren't sensitive, like video games.
That post I made is the last post I will make on the subject, the topic of SJWs and Anti-SJWs exhausts me.
You didn’t have to state so much, I know what people usually mean by SJW and anti SJWs.(Except not really because everyone including myself after being an “anti sjw” have a different idea what those terms mean.) I’m pretty family. Yeah, some people on the liberal end can be bigoted and poorly informed. I still have my controversies among them too. But I still think it’s no coincidence that people happen to let other bigotry slide but the complain about the minorities and the like being in the media they consume.

As for soldier 76, there definitely were people that just had a problem with him being gay even aside from the announcement which also serves as confirmation since again for some people it has to come from word of god.
Sorry about the wall of text. :laugh:For context, I lean liberal (close to center) on the Political Spectrum.

I don't like the implication that Anti-SJWs don't care about minorities, because they usually do (at least the nice ones, but the bad ones shouldn't be given the time of day, just like with the other side).
Do you think we will get Spyro on Switch? This may not be a proper thinking but since Bungie and Activision broke up, I hope Activision can focus on more of the IPs they have and focus on porting Spyro Trilogy to Switch this year.
I think we will, though I really hope they actually put it all on one cartridge by the time it comes to Switch, instead of relying on a giant "update" to install it.

Spyro was actually the game which forced me to do Data Maintenance on my PS4, which means I can't install anything else (such as Injustice 2) until I beat Spyro and delete the Install (because everything else is stuff I don't want to uninstall).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry but how is this even consider a tl;dr? lol
To some extent you do, at least that's what I think, if you are unable to bring up statistics, articles, or any YT video about it, that's also fine actually.

What I meant was people have the basic social justice in mind (Including me), but not everyone tends to spread it to every parts of media, especially the entertainment ones.

Oh man, with that topic again? I already said I am done with that, but I have delve more into some YT videos, Youtubers like ProtoMario says that he's fine with Soldier 76's sexuality but in FPS games it's somewhat meaningless. And I agree.

About toxicity Alucard, sorry but I am just tired of this topic, I see no conclusion of this so let's just drop it. Not admitting you are right though.

I have tried Inkling for a while and pretty much like Shulk... Inklings require plenty time to get good with.

What’s tl;dr? I’m saying there’s no way most people have the interest or patience to keep up with modern paleontology. Definitely too much too read, you can’t even read my short paragraphs on the bare bones of it, so I’m going to assume you’re not as keen as you think you are. As for the statistics, I’m at an event right now with low battery, so I can’t post them. IDK why I need statistics to prove that dumb people exist.

As for the rest, I’ll just promote you to bigot-lite I guess and probably block you.

Iridium

Smash Hero
As far as I'm concerned, the worst part of the online mode is not being to bet gold on anybody. Seriously, that actually was such a fun feature in Smash 4.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

KMDP

Smash Legend
IDK why I need statistics to prove that dumb people exist.
Fun fact: there's a name for people who are too incompetent to realise how bad they are at something.

It's called the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Basically, the worse you are at something, the better you think you are at it.

Nobody is immune; I thought I was pretty good at art in College (High School for Americans and Canadians), when I really, really wasn't.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
So... My opinion on Hi Score Girl is that I expected it to be a lot about arcade games, which it was and a love letter to the early days of arcades, especially at the height of Street Fighter II, but didn’t really expect getting hit with all these feels especially starting on Ep. 3 and the end of the last episode. :sadeyes:

5FE0D716-C01A-4DC1-8A29-6510B0304660.jpeg

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Looks at frontpage
I can't believe BTS got confirmed for Smash

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So when is this place going to update the Ultimate smilies to include some alt costumes, the Mii Fighter types, Ivysaur, Charizard, & Squritle?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That post I made is the last post I will make on the subject, the topic of SJWs and Anti-SJWs exhausts me.
Same, same...
Tbh, anything that's controversial exhaust me... especially the non-gaming related ones, there's really no point of discussing it here in my opinion
Sorry about the wall of text. :laugh:For context, I lean liberal (close to center) on the Political Spectrum.

I don't like the implication that Anti-SJWs don't care about minorities, because they usually do (at least the nice ones, but the bad ones shouldn't be given the time of day, just like with the other side).
Not much related but this reminds me what the Deputy Director of a Central Ministry of Foreign Affairs in my country that I am currently having an internship in, he told me...

In my country there is literally no real neutral news media (especially when it comes to politics), he said in US there are (but I somewhat disagree)... when it comes to news media in general you have to think twice and try to know the gist of it rather than just being a sheep. It is always best to look at both sides of a topic or news and then learn to know the truth, sure it is hard but always try to make your own opinion rather than completely take what it is.
What’s tl;dr?
Isn't it too long, don't read? Which is making explanations short?
I’m saying there’s no way most people have the interest or patience to keep up with modern paleontology. Definitely too much too read, you can’t even read my short paragraphs on the bare bones of it, so I’m going to assume you’re not as keen as you think you are.
There is a gray area on what can be tl;dr I'll give you that. And you can assume whatever you want, since I already said should but it's okay if you don't.

IDK why I need statistics to prove that dumb people exist.
Because if you are stating something that perhaps you consider a fact, chances are you need to bring up some references. If you can't or don't want to, that's fine by me too.

As for the rest, I’ll just promote you to bigot-lite I guess and probably block you.
I already said I'm tired of this topic, already decided to drop it and now you are going for the hard way?
Sorry if you consider me bigot-lite, but hey I still won't label you anything.
If you really have something to say on me, feel free to post it on Discord.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just really hate fighting games.
I have some bad news for you.

This site. You're on right now?

It's about a fighting game.

Now, I know you may be shocked but its okay.

By ignoring the rules or reality, you can excuse this oopsie by saying the site is about a "party fighter" which clearly doesn't count.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

By ignoring the rules or reality, you can excuse this oopsie by saying the site is about a "party fighter" which clearly doesn't count.
I know. This might shock you but I’ve played maybe an hour of Smash in the past week.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Well actually siiirr, Smash is a fighting party game. Welcome to my ted talk, today, Ill be talking about-

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Seems like we’re lazy DBZ players
I still don't know how DBZ even plays lol.
Woomy don’t deserve such pain
Here's the question, is it a pain if you were sucked by Kirby?
I just really hate fighting games.
I hate fighting games when I lose lol, obviously...

I also want to talk about Smash Bros Spirit board, which Novice spirits that you think it's actually the most difficult to beat without equipping spirits at all? For me it's has to be Bullet Bill... if you try to beat those Captain Falcon without using Bullet Bill item it can be a pain, even using the Bullet Bill item you have to be very careful.

KMDP

Smash Legend
In my country there is literally no real neutral news media (especially when it comes to politics), he said in US there are (but I somewhat disagree)... when it comes to news media in general you have to think twice and try to know the gist of it rather than just being a sheep. It is always best to look at both sides of a topic or news and then learn to know the truth, sure it is hard but always try to make your own opinion rather than completely take what it is.
America?

Neutral News Media?

*insert J. Jonah Jameson laughing video here*

Okay, I jest; but most American News Channels are pretty biased (it depends, FOX News is notorious for their Right Wing bias).

Britain's a lot better; but if you believe certain whistleblowers, the BBC is getting increasingly left wing (and has been doing so for decades). Fortunately, it doesn't really effect what gets shown on the News (yet), because they take Journalistic Neutrality very seriously.

Can't say much about other countries.

You're right though that it's always better to know both sides of the topic, though obviously some people want to make that very difficult for the layman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom