• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hm, a bit off topic, but suppose Persona 5 does get ported to Switch. Since you and me haven't play Persona 5, suppose you have the chance to play PS3, PS4 and Switch version, which one will be the version you will pick?

Personally, I think all version are good, but if I want to finish Persona 5 quickly, I will pick the Switch version.
If you had the option, obviously ps4.

The only other contender would be if you're an especially mobile person or the switch has added content.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I will say that I'm hoping DBFZ will get a season 2, since many fighting games these days get at least that. There's plenty of characters to choose from.

Roshi, Tao, Videl, Kefla, Omega Shenron, Pan, Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, Janemba, 13, Bojack, the list goes on.

Kid Goku and Great Saiyaman especially.

Chrono.

NicoB managed to pursue Haru as his romance on his first playthrough.
I mean it's not impossible. But if you're playing mostly blind then it's extremely hard unless you grinded out that one stat you need maxed out. Not to mention how late you get her, you probably either romanced someone else or are very close to by the time you're able to spend time with Haru.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The reason why I ask on Persona 5 Switch or PS4, was because I checked Direct feed game's video of Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition
I gotta be honest here the dock graphics was nearly identical compare to PS4, but man the graphics look blurry in handheld mode.
Framrate being lower on Switch isn't a big deal, but I really hope Persona 5 doesn't have a blurry handheld graphics if it comes to Switch.

You seem to be under the assumption that most people are kids. LMAO. Even adults still hold misconceptions about dinosaurs derived from Jurassic Park.
I don't, what I was saying is that you have a point if we are just talking about how media affects kids particularly.
As for adults, like... in general? Present? My explanation is that it is normal that people who did not fully understand what dinosaurs actually are tend to have misconceptions back in the 1990s where people can only learn dinosaurs via TV show programs, books, and museums, Internet and E Books weren't that accessible as it is now.

Nowadays, where people have smartphones and tablets and easy access to Internet, I couldn't say it for sure but I doubt many people will have misconceptions on dinosaurs.
No offense, but to me you come off mostly as a nerdy anti SJW type.
Oh, that's okay despite I deny your labeling of me entirely. Still, not sure where are you going with this, because I personally don't consider labeling other people a weird term appropriate.
I have to say this, SJW is a blanket term, so it's not even proper for you to tag me as anti SJW lol. Also no offense to everybody but... don't most of us here are nerds too?lol

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I will say that I'm hoping DBFZ will get a season 2, since many fighting games these days get at least that. There's plenty of characters to choose from.

Roshi, Tao, Videl, Kefla, Omega Shenron, Pan, Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, Janemba, 13, Bojack, the list goes on.

Kid Goku and Great Saiyaman especially.
This is what I would want out of a Season 2:
Roshi​
Kefla (Super Saiyan 2)​
Chichi [EDIT: Specifically her Teen version from the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai]​
Videl​
Gogeta​
Janemba​
Jiren​
Goku (Ultra Instinct)​
Here are some other possibilities which some might not consider:
Kid Gohan​
Imperfect Cell​
Super Trunks​
Baby Vegeta​

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you had the option, obviously ps4.

The only other contender would be if you're an especially mobile person or the switch has added content.
Persona 5 on PS4 is great if you want everything smooth, but how you say mobile person I can also add those who simply prefer both home console and handheld, I mention it before. The reason why I prefer Switch is because I can play it in any mode I want, I will definitely play on TV whenever I can, if I want to grind or finish the game quickly, I can just play it as handheld.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Persona 5 on PS4 is great if you want everything smooth, but how you say mobile person I can also add those who simply prefer both home console and handheld, I mention it before. The reason why I prefer Switch is because I can play it in any mode I want, I will definitely play on TV whenever I can, if I want to grind or finish the game quickly, I can just play it as handheld.
Bro, this is a mess to read.

Anyways, if P5 gets ported, I don't really care how you play.

Last edited:

Chrono.

This is what I would want out of a Season 2:
Roshi​
Kefla (Super Saiyan 2)​
Chichi [EDIT: Specifically her Teen version from the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai]​
Videl​
Gogeta​
Janemba​
Jiren​
Goku (Ultra Instinct)​
Here are some other possibilities which some might not consider:
Kid Gohan​
Imperfect Cell​
Super Trunks​
Baby Vegeta​
If we get GT content, I can't see Baby Vegeta NOT making it in the game. He's the most iconic villain of that era.

Kid Gohan would be neat, newer games have been giving him some of his more unique moves. The beatdown he did on second form Frieza would work great as a level 3 too.

Super Trunks (if you're talking about the buff Trunks) I think doesn't have enough to work with imo, he always came off as the most bland of Trunks incarnations in the games. But Arcsys could probably do something neat with him.

Though, I say that about Super Trunks but lowkey want Tapion lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we get GT content, I can't see Baby Vegeta NOT making it in the game. He's the most iconic villain of that era.

Kid Gohan would be neat, newer games have been giving him some of his more unique moves. The beatdown he did on second form Frieza would work great as a level 3 too.

Super Trunks (if you're talking about the buff Trunks) I think doesn't have enough to work with imo, he always came off as the most bland of Trunks incarnations in the games. But Arcsys could probably do something neat with him.

Kid Gohan could also have that move where Piccolo threw him at a mountain and he makes a barrier that transitions into a beam. Imagine Cooler's level 1 that has a laser at the end.

The Frieza beatdown or Super Masenko would have to be the Level 3 though.

Beef Boy Trunks would be hard to make a full moveset for, in terms of specials, but his normals being meaty as hell could work.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Bro, this is a mess to read.

Anyways, if P5 gets ported, I don't really care how you play.
How is it a mess when my post was short? Sure, I accidentally made some grammar issue but I don't think it was that hard to read.

You mean port to Switch right? Of course lol.

Also your avatar reminded me of SMT V, do you think we will get the game this year?

KMDP

Smash Legend

Yes, I did mean Buff Trunks (and yes, it is the least directly viable of the four I suggested), you could fashion it into a "Trunks (Armor)" where he only uses Super Saiyan 3rd Grade in specific attacks for some uniqueness.

To expand on my list of 8, here are the stages that could come with them:
Kame House​
Goku's House​
Tournament of Power Arena​
Tournament of Power Arena (Wrecked)​
Tournament of Power Arena (Final Phase)​
Candy Hell​
And some Dramatic Finishes
Goku (Base) VS Chi-Chi; World Tournament Arena [Goku wins]​
Goku (Ultra Instinct) VS Jiren; Tournament of Power Arena [Jiren wins]​
Goku (Ultra Instinct) VS Kefla; Tournament of Power Arena (Wrecked) [Goku wins]​
Goku (Super Saiyan) & Frieza VS Jiren; Tournament of Power Arena (Final Phase) [Goku/Frieza wins]​
Gogeta VS Janemba; Candy Hell [Gogeta wins]​
As an aside, the fact that there's no Opening Cutscene for Goku (Base) VS Vegeta (Scouter) on Rocky Field (Noon) has always been immensely disappointing to me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
**** you guys, Im trying to save and now Im tempted to buy FighterZ right now. :bowser:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Kid Gohan could also have that move where Piccolo threw him at a mountain and he makes a barrier that transitions into a beam. Imagine Cooler's level 1 that has a laser at the end.

The Frieza beatdown or Super Masenko would have to be the Level 3 though.

Beef Boy Trunks would be hard to make a full moveset for, in terms of specials, but his normals being meaty as hell could work.
Here's what I would figure would be the run down for Gohan's Specials.
Level 1 - Hidden Potential (the Piccolo throw move)
Level 3 (Grounded) - Wild Rush Blaster (the Frieza beatdown)
Level 3 (Aerial) - Super Masenko

Trunks actually has some Special moves which aren't used in Sword Trunks' moveset, like Finish Buster and Buster Cannon (mostly because I think those come primarily from the games; that being said, 17 uses a move that originated in Xenoverse, so...).
I'm still sad we didn't get Meteor Combination as a dramatic finish.
Meteor Combination is my favourite Melee move in Dragon Ball.

You can bet that it not being a part of Base Goku's repertoire anywhere is disappointing to me. :laugh:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
**** you guys, Im trying to save and now Im tempted to buy FighterZ right now. :bowser:
FighterZ was once on my must-get list, but with how there were many fighting games on my radar like BBCTB, Smash Ultimate (Already got it), and Skullgirls. Not to mention I am more fond of buying JRPGs, I'm not that rushed to get FighterZ unless I saw a cheap used copy.

I saw BBCTB used copy last week with only 30$, I was tempted to buy but my brother recommends me not to since he doesn't play the game much anymore and he knows I kind of suck at fighting games except Smash Bros. Sadly, this week I go back and check out the section and... it was ...gone :(

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
FighterZ was once on my must-get list, but with how there were many fighting games on my radar like BBCTB, Smash Ultimate (Already got it), and Skullgirls. Not to mention I am more fond of buying JRPGs, I'm not that rushed to get FighterZ unless I saw a cheap used copy.

I saw BBCTB used copy last week with only 30$, I was tempted to buy but my brother recommends me not to since he doesn't play the game much anymore and he knows I kind of suck at fighting games except Smash Bros. Sadly, this week I go back and check out the section and... it was ...gone :(
**** I forgot about Skullgirls

D

Deleted member

I don't, what I was saying is that you have a point if we are just talking about how media affects kids particularly.
As for adults, like... in general? Present? My explanation is that it is normal that people who did not fully understand what dinosaurs actually are tend to have misconceptions back in the 1990s where people can only learn dinosaurs via TV show programs, books, and museums, Internet and E Books weren't that accessible as it is now.

Nowadays, where people have smartphones and tablets and easy access to Internet, I couldn't say it for sure but I doubt many people will have misconceptions on dinosaurs.
l
Nah, even people within the community of paleontology hold onto outdated misconceptions. The internet isn’t that reliable, you need to dig for good sources. Especially when it comes to up to date info involving dinosaurs unless you are watching something dedicated to them such as a museum or PBS eons. The former still has limited information on dinosaurs though, so people don’t take notice of stuff like how the anatomy and behavior of dinosaurs is contrary to stuff like Jurassic Park. Some kids are better at taking note of these kinds of details than adults are.

The internet doesn’t make people omniscient especially on specialized fields.

Oh, that's okay despite I deny your labeling of me entirely. Still, not sure where are you going with this, because I personally don't consider labeling other people a weird term appropriate.
I have to say this, SJW is a blanket term, so it's not even proper for you to tag me as anti SJW lol. Also no offense to everybody but... don't most of us here are nerds too?lol
SJW doesn’t really make sense as an insult anyway. So what I mean by anti SJW is someone who is not comfortable with social justice. The type of people who lore is all that matters and what meaning that lore perpetrates is irrelevant and is not worth mentioning. Nerd in this case, well yeah, pretty much everyone is into some form of media and we’re all nerds to some extent. But on the internet especially there’s this toxic behavior that stems from nerd culture. Where all of the trivial nerd BS is put on a much higher pedestal than the issues of minorities especially.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don’t remember the last time I played DBFighterZ

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
**** I forgot about Skullgirls
I didn't because this may sound dumb and shocking to most people but Skullgirls has always been my most wished Switch port ever since Indivisible was confirmed for Switch. Hopefully both games can be released within this year. I'm confident on Skullgirls... but not on Indivisible.
Nah, even people within the community of paleontology hold onto outdated misconceptions. The internet isn’t that reliable, you need to dig for good sources. Especially when it comes to up to date info involving dinosaurs unless you are watching something dedicated to them such as a museum or PBS eons. The former still has limited information on dinosaurs though, so people don’t take notice of stuff like how the anatomy and behavior of dinosaurs is contrary to stuff like Jurassic Park. Some kids are better at taking note of these kinds of details than adults are.

The internet doesn’t make people omniscient especially on specialized fields.
tl;dr
Not saying you are entirely incorrect or right because I don't have any evidence or references for that. If you can find them I will be eager to check them out.

SJW doesn’t really make sense as an insult anyway. So what I mean by anti SJW is someone who is not comfortable with social justice. The type of people who lore is all that matters and what meaning that lore perpetrates is irrelevant and is not worth mentioning.
It isn't that people are uncomfortable with social justice, you might disagree but social justice have been somewhat went overboard recently. That's why you do have people don't really focus on the actual meaning it tries to convey, it's okay to talk about it along with the actual critique but they shouldn't be the main focus in my opinion.
Nerd in this case, well yeah, pretty much everyone is into some form of media and we’re all nerds to some extent. But on the internet especially there’s this toxic behavior that stems from nerd culture. Where all of the trivial nerd BS is put on a much higher pedestal than the issues of minorities especially.
I agree toxicity behavior exists and in some place it can be bad, that being said what we can do is never give them attention. A more well known saying is "Don't feed the trolls"

We are going back and forth again lol, at this point this is really a "agree to disagree". I aware different opinions exists on the Internet, and on forums I have learned lesson by not going too deep. So I'm gonna drop this topic here and go back to video games, sorry...

I don’t remember the last time I played DBFighterZ
Last time I played DBFighterZ was I got beaten by my brother's Yamcha during the Beta test...

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This pic sums up me playing Smash online for the most time as Inkling:

Inkling: Worth it...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I got a new controller. Its a Pro Controller with a Metroid theme. However to get it I had to trade in Pokken, so RIP.

Its worth it though. Playing Smash on double joy cons was awful.

D

Deleted member

tl;dr
Not saying you are entirely incorrect or right because I don't have any evidence or references for that. If you can find them I will be eager to check them out.
tl;dr funnily enough sums up exactly why people still have misconceptions about dinosaurs. There’s no stastistics on people’s misinformation on dinosaur’s.Though there’s certainly statistics on misinformation regarding other things, but do I really need to bring up statistics for those? I’m certain you’ve heard of anti Vader’s, flat earth era, **** like that.

Plus since paleontology especially is always filled with new discoveries on a weekly basis. It’s pretty hard to keep up with, within a year a dinosaur can turn out to be something completely new or even dubious. A lot of it you’d only really know if you keep up with the paleo community.

It isn't that people are uncomfortable with social justice, you might disagree but social justice have been somewhat went overboard recently. That's why you do have people don't really focus on the actual meaning it tries to convey, it's okay to talk about it along with the actual critique but they shouldn't be the main focus in my opinion.
Then they are uncomfortable with social justice. Just saying that people don’t before you say they do doesn’t make it otherwise. Much like “I don’t care that this is character is gay, but urgh, they had to had to state he was gay!”

I agree toxicity behavior exists and in some place it can be bad, that being said what we can do is never give them attention. A more well known saying is "Don't feed the trolls"

We are going back and forth again lol, at this point this is really a "agree to disagree". I aware different opinions exists on the Internet, and on forums I have learned lesson by not going too deep. So I'm gonna drop this topic here and go back to video games, sorry...
Toxicity shouldn’t be tolerated and you should definitely speak up rather then enable it if given the chance. Ignoring the problem won’t make it go away, it often makes it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom