• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Be like me you users.

Dislike the designs but like the game.

The Swamp way will never lead you astray.

:4larry:
Oh I have plenty of other criticisms but I've learned that people will only care that I dislike the designs so I just tend to not bother listing them. Here they are in the spoiler tag. Warning, in game spoilers too
Cinematography sucks due to the camera angles in in-game cutscenes tend to focus on breasts alongside the fact that changing to a different camera shot counts as motion so a different camera shot makes breasts jiggle.
The writing can be inconsistent with the game itself in terms of sex appeal with Pyra saying that Poppi QTpi needing more modesty despite Pyra's outfit and Brighid criticizing Tora for constantly being horny despite Brighid often being placed in camera angles that show off her boob window.
Nia ends up feeling like a rehash of Melia by having her crush on the protagonist but not being able to get the guy which tells me they went "Quick! Copy the first game, people liked the first game!"
Combat is very different from the original to the point X resembled the original more despite 2 supposedly being for people disappointed by X.
No more custom clothes which is very disappointing as it was a thing in the prior games with X making big improvements on that.
You can't do auto attacks while moving any more which makes the game feel more sluggish, especially if you're like me and often moved around so you could exploit moves like Backslash, it's not really a lot of damage but again, not being able to move alongside the fact you're hitting them less if you want to use arts with body specific conditions makes it seem a lot slower .
Voice acting can be rather off for lots of the game with Rex resembling Black Clover Dude as he shouts a lot.
Getting Blades uses a Gacha esque system so of you want a specific blade you saw and liked, you need luck.
You can release Rare Blades, the ones who give you more sidequests, which shuts you out of more of the game and needing luck to get the sidequest back if you end up wanting to do it.
Rex is very vanilla as a protagonist similar to Shulk, but I end up caring more about Shulk due to his relationship with Reyn and Fiora which is right at the start of the game too.
If you forgot something or want to learn something in the first game, there's a handy dandy tutorial option that's charming and lets the characters teach you how stuff works. If you want to relearn something in this game, you need to buy hints, which I find rather punishing as I could have used that money elsewhere.
Tora is an absolute creep and showcases how bad the sexual humour can get in this game. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to LIKE my party members after all.
The Affinity Chart used to provide for so much world building by showing you NPC relationships but now it's just your Blade skill tree which sucks as it makes me want to do less sidequests as that could fleshen out the NPCs and world more.
Oh, and the art style just looks uncanny as hell. Elma looks surprisingly good in it to be fair

D

Deleted member

Oh, and the art style just looks uncanny as hell. Elma looks surprisingly good in it to be fair
That's because XCX's artstyle was just really dull but at least it had sensible design choices such as giving characters actual clothing.
im glad xc2 was late for ultimate but it makes me salty sakurai didn't even consider elma as a possibility

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"What's the best way for me to ease into feeling comfortable posting here again after everything yesterday"

. . .

"I'm going to go out on a limb and say Julian was actually my personal favorite new recruit from the Ghoul's Teeth, not Lena OR Navarre. Not for battle, gosh no he's made of paper the other two are so much more helpful there, just for his personality and to help sweep cleared areas for chest loot. But then, he's Lena's BF anyway so technically as long as I don't say my favorite is the FE Warriors rep I'm still supporting Lena in a way right?"

EDIT: Tick tock let's move that frock
I adore them both...in fact they're both easily in my top twenty series favorites. I'm just stanning Lena harder because Julian has historically done better in the CYL polls. :p

Give me Archanea's third-arguably-second best power couple, IS.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't understand Vegans.
I almost feel like the Capital V Vegans deserve to be given a separate term. Like, Veganists or something.

Like, there's people who are vegans for perfectly normal and responsible reasons, which I'm not one of but I at least understand. . .and then there's the WEIRD vegans that use it as some kind of -literal- vegan substitute for religion, to where everyone who isn't vegan must forcibly be subjected to endless preaching until they see the Light and are converted to the True Way.

And that latter group is how we end up with several cats and at least one freaking Fennec Fox starved down to a walking skeleton because "meat is evil" + "all animals are innocent" basically turns obligate carnivores into a walking paradox that their minds can't grasp.

. . .Then there's the third group of people who call themselves vegan but eat fish/birds because they "don't count." Uh, there's people that teach some species of pet fish to do tricks and crows literally compete with sea mammals and primates for intelligence. You're not only not a vegan in that case, you're also kind of terrible.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I almost feel like the Capital V Vegans deserve to be given a separate term. Like, Veganists or something.

Like, there's people who are vegans for perfectly normal and responsible reasons, which I'm not one of but I at least understand. . .and then there's the WEIRD vegans that use it as some kind of -literal- vegan substitute for religion, to where everyone who isn't vegan must forcibly be subjected to endless preaching until they see the Light and are converted to the True Way.

And that latter group is how we end up with several cats and at least one freaking Fennec Fox starved down to a walking skeleton because "meat is evil" + "all animals are innocent" basically turns obligate carnivores into a walking paradox that their minds can't grasp.

. . .Then there's the third group of people who call themselves vegan but eat fish/birds because they "don't count." Uh, there's people that teach some species of pet fish to do tricks and crows literally compete with sea mammals and primates for intelligence. You're not only not a vegan in that case, you're also kind of terrible.
My thing is, like, I work with a vegan and we work at a clothing store so obviously we sell belts... he refuses to touch belts because they're real leather.

So, I asked him "Say you're absolutely starving and under some circumstance you are given a pack of Beef Jerky as your only source of food. Would you eat it?" He said "no," and I said "why?" and he said because it was a living being. And I said "so you will literally starve instead of eating an animal?", he said "yep". I said "How does that do anyone anywhere any good? Because, by not eating it you're not only killing yourself you're wasting perfectly good food. Not only that but not eating the Beef Jerky didn't save the animal the Jerky came from because obviously it's already dead so why would you starve instead of eating it?" He said, and this is the good part, "It does the world good because they can learn from my example."

Like, what the hell, man?

Vegans are usually pretty cool people but like, their morality is just all kinds of weird. I hate to break it to you but you not eating meat isn't going to sway the world to do the same.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
My thing is, like, I work with a vegan and we work at a clothing store so obviously we sell belts... he refuses to touch belts because they're real leather.

So, I asked him "Say you're absolutely starving and under some circumstance you are given a pack of Beef Jerky as your only source of food. Would you eat it?" He said "no," and I said "why?" and he said because it was a living being. And I said "so you will literally starve instead of eating an animal?", he said "yep". I said "How does that do anyone anywhere any good? Because, by not eating it you're not only killing yourself you're wasting perfectly good food. Not only that but not eating the Beef Jerky didn't save the animal the Jerky came from because obviously it's already dead so why would you starve instead of eating it?" He said, and this is the good part, "It does the world good because they can learn from my example."

Vegans are usually pretty cool people but like, their morality is just all kinds of weird. I hate to break it to you but you not eating meat isn't going to sway the world to do the same.
I think the funniest part here is that the Darwin Award would kind of make people learn from his example in the. . .opposite manner from what he was intending? Which just careens straight into an utter backfire.

Also does your clothing store sell cosmetic products or perfumes in a little corner somewhere that he happily touches? Because that stuff's hella gotta be more unethical than belts from a vegan perspective and I don't even mean in the applying makeup to rats sense but like there is some WEIRD stuff that goes into women's vanity supplies.

It's just, the holes in this perfectly well meaning guy's logic are so big my brain hurts just reading it secondhand.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Daniel Bryan approves of all vegans and will destroy the fickle minded fools like us who eat our own kind

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
That's because XCX's artstyle was just really dull but at least it had sensible design choices such as giving characters actual clothing.
im glad xc2 was late for ultimate but it makes me salty sakurai didn't even consider elma as a possibility
Which I removed as soon I started playing. :dazwa: ....except Lin, protec her
But yeah, I missed customizable armor in XC2
Turns out the true endgame is not finishing the story or crafting the Ares; it is spending 2 weeks farming Telethia Plume to get the bunny outfits.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Daniel Bryan approves of all vegans and will destroy the fickle minded fools like us who eat our own kind
Counterpoint: All are welcome at Namira's Feast. Let the Lady of Decay watch over you as you feast upon the bounty that is Soylent Green.

. . .SUPER ironically considering that crack, non-movie Soylent actually is a real thing, IIRC it's vegan, and it's literally a liquid meal that seems like it came out of an entirely different work of dystopian fiction.

Like apparently people actually buy it. You'd think the name would make people run in the other direction but uh hey

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The promos of this new DB are lit.
Reminds me of Heel Straight-Edge CM Punk a bit.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Oh I have plenty of other criticisms but I've learned that people will only care that I dislike the designs so I just tend to not bother listing them. Here they are in the spoiler tag. Warning, in game spoilers too
Cinematography sucks due to the camera angles in in-game cutscenes tend to focus on breasts alongside the fact that changing to a different camera shot counts as motion so a different camera shot makes breasts jiggle.
The writing can be inconsistent with the game itself in terms of sex appeal with Pyra saying that Poppi QTpi needing more modesty despite Pyra's outfit and Brighid criticizing Tora for constantly being horny despite Brighid often being placed in camera angles that show off her boob window.
Nia ends up feeling like a rehash of Melia by having her crush on the protagonist but not being able to get the guy which tells me they went "Quick! Copy the first game, people liked the first game!"
Combat is very different from the original to the point X resembled the original more despite 2 supposedly being for people disappointed by X.
No more custom clothes which is very disappointing as it was a thing in the prior games with X making big improvements on that.
You can't do auto attacks while moving any more which makes the game feel more sluggish, especially if you're like me and often moved around so you could exploit moves like Backslash, it's not really a lot of damage but again, not being able to move alongside the fact you're hitting them less if you want to use arts with body specific conditions makes it seem a lot slower .
Voice acting can be rather off for lots of the game with Rex resembling Black Clover Dude as he shouts a lot.
Getting Blades uses a Gacha esque system so of you want a specific blade you saw and liked, you need luck.
You can release Rare Blades, the ones who give you more sidequests, which shuts you out of more of the game and needing luck to get the sidequest back if you end up wanting to do it.
Rex is very vanilla as a protagonist similar to Shulk, but I end up caring more about Shulk due to his relationship with Reyn and Fiora which is right at the start of the game too.
If you forgot something or want to learn something in the first game, there's a handy dandy tutorial option that's charming and lets the characters teach you how stuff works. If you want to relearn something in this game, you need to buy hints, which I find rather punishing as I could have used that money elsewhere.
Tora is an absolute creep and showcases how bad the sexual humour can get in this game. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to LIKE my party members after all.
The Affinity Chart used to provide for so much world building by showing you NPC relationships but now it's just your Blade skill tree which sucks as it makes me want to do less sidequests as that could fleshen out the NPCs and world more.
This is why I like Torna a lot more than the base game, it’s not perfect and has its own “off” moments but the tone feels much more in line with the first game and it improves upon the XC2 gameplay by getting rid of gacha and rehauling the battle system to be the most fun in the series imo.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Counterpoint: All are welcome at Namira's Feast. Let the Lady of Decay watch over you as you feast upon the bounty that is Soylent Green.

. . .SUPER ironically considering that crack, non-movie Soylent actually is a real thing, IIRC it's vegan, and it's literally a liquid meal that seems like it came out of an entirely different work of dystopian fiction.

Like apparently people actually buy it. You'd think the name would make people run in the other direction but uh hey
*Insert Fickle Here Just Cause*
The promos of this new DB are lit.
Reminds me of Heel Straight-Edge CM Punk a bit.
Now we just need The New Daniel Bryan to force feed veggies to his enemies and save all the animals Noah’s Ark style to become something beyond Straight Edge Heel Punk
Today really is just one of those days huh........
yeah...no freedom day

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ahh shucks, I really wanted to name this thread.

NintenZone Social 6.0 - Ura Edition

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

xD Oh my God, this got me, it really did! And that gif makes it even more hilarious! And no, no one would take it as a "good" example, unless for some reason, they have the extremist mindset of his. I know I have seen some videos of how certain things are made (like the chicken powder for food or how they get the eggs from the hens, how they treat the cows, just to name a few, ) and they get me shocked and saying "I don't want to eat that anymore..." but at one point I am just like "Well, it is what it is, I won't refuse to eat it if I am that hungry, besides, I have eaten this thing for years and nothing bad has happened to me (yet)."

One example of things I wouldn't eat would be because they got me intoxicated (one of the being Fish Ceviche), but it was a rare time, and now every time I see it, I don't feel like wanting to eat, but I try, even if it is just a little and I am still afraid the same might happen.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My ideal is to have labgrown meat eventually be cheap enough to replace livestock all together. It's a win-win. People get to eat meat and male baby chickens no longer get thrown into a meat grinder while they're still alive.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Don't know if this was posted, but Fire Emblem Heroes is getting released in Latin American countries.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1087758107583762432

D

Deleted member

Don't know if this was posted, but Fire Emblem Heroes is getting released in Latin American countries.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1087758107583762432
In more Latin American countries. It's been available in Brazil since the original release.
But damn, took them long enough to add support for other countries.
shoutouts to hbomberguy what a ****ing legend

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
*Insert Fickle Here Just Cause*

Now we just need The New Daniel Bryan to force feed veggies to his enemies and save all the animals Noah’s Ark style to become something beyond Straight Edge Heel Punk

yeah...no freedom day
Well I was mostly talking about my jerk boss

D

Deleted member

Meat is ****in awesome.
The way the animals we get our meat from are treated? Not so awesome. I don't think eating meat makes you a bad person, but I can understand where the vegan slant of ethical consumption comes from. The meat industry is horribly ****ed up in a boatload of ways.

Chrono.

Some scattered MK11 news that surfaced over the last couple of days:
- Unsurprisingly, the Krypt is back. Sadly, mini games like Puzzle Kombat or Chess Kombat won't be returning. But the Krypt will apparently be huge this time. Hopefully this one doesn't have giant spiders.
- Loot Boxes/pay 2 win elements will not be in the game.
- Story Mode won't have NPCs this time (by this they mean that unlike MKX, which had fights against unplayable characters like Baraka and Rain, every character you fight in MK11's story will be playable)
- A lot of the face models we saw are still in their early stages. Not surprising given the same happened with Injustice 2.
- Tag Team mode from MK9 will not return for the second game in a row.
- Resources are all going into the core gameplay, Story Mode and Towers of Time. Single player content is expected to be meaty.
- Ed Boon says Sonya isn't the only character modeled after a real person and that they have a huge surprise regarding that. So possibly expect a second celebrity guest star.
- The Switch version is being out sourced to Shiver Studios, who have no known track record at the moment. It's being developed at the same time as the console versions and supposedly the end product is looking "really fantastic." Still a little suspect we have no screenshots of the Switch version honestly.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Meat is ****in awesome.
The way the animals we get our meat from are treated? Not so awesome. I don't think eating meat makes you a bad person, but I can understand where the vegan slant of ethical consumption comes from. The meat industry is horribly ****ed up in a boatload of ways.
Very well said! Like I said before, I couldn’t go vegetarian/vegan but I do understand where vegans come from when they say the meat industry is inhumane in their treatment of livestock.

I do wish the animals are given freedom to roam and are put down humanely but I think there are financial issues that come into play mostly for the free range part. I do plan on switching to lab grown meat whenever it becomes more accessible, however.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Some scattered MK11 news that surfaced over the last couple of days:
- Unsurprisingly, the Krypt is back. Sadly, mini games like Puzzle Kombat or Chess Kombat won't be returning. But the Krypt will apparently be huge this time. Hopefully this one doesn't have giant spiders.
- Loot Boxes/pay 2 win elements will not be in the game.
- Story Mode won't have NPCs this time (by this they mean that unlike MKX, which had fights against unplayable characters like Baraka and Rain, every character you fight in MK11's story will be playable)
- A lot of the face models we saw are still in their early stages. Not surprising given the same happened with Injustice 2.
- Tag Team mode from MK9 will not return for the second game in a row.
- Resources are all going into the core gameplay, Story Mode and Towers of Time. Single player content is expected to be meaty.
- Ed Boon says Sonya isn't the only character modeled after a real person and that they have a huge surprise regarding that. So possibly expect a second celebrity guest star.
- The Switch version is being out sourced to Shiver Studios, who have no known track record at the moment. It's being developed at the same time as the console versions and supposedly the end product is looking "really fantastic." Still a little suspect we have no screenshots of the Switch version honestly.
Some people are speculating that Stryker is going to be in the game being portrayed by John Cena. I think it's possible but if it were true it would be in the rumor mill by now. But if it were true, then he needs to no-sell every Fatality in the game lol.

The Switch version of MK11 not being shown off makes me think it's going to be a big downgrade from the PS4/XB1 version. And hopefully there's not too many performance issues with the undocked version.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Good ****ing lord, why didn't I found this beautiful work of DIO sooner?
What a beautiful -Italian- duwang.

*CHEW*

D

Deleted member

Good ****ing lord, why didn't I found this beautiful work of DIO sooner?
What a beautiful -Italian- duwang.

*CHEW*
When the music stops and the piano solo starts, that's when you know the enemy Stand user is Already Dead™.

Chrono.

Some people are speculating that Stryker is going to be in the game being portrayed by John Cena. I think it's possible but if it were true it would be in the rumor mill by now. But if it were true, then he needs to no-sell every Fatality in the game lol.

The Switch version of MK11 not being shown off makes me think it's going to be a big downgrade from the PS4/XB1 version. And hopefully there's not too many performance issues with the undocked version.
John Cena is definitely the first person that crossed my mind lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom