• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

The Power Rangers fighting game is officially on my "Going to pretend it doesn't exist" list after I found out there's 15 characters to use from the mobile game it's based on and Vergil Ranger isn't on them. How boring, not motivated at all
I mean it's a licenced game made on shoestring budget, what did you expect?

D

Deleted member

Looks like there's going to be 25 characters in total (26 including the pre-order bonus of Shao Kahn). Was hoping for 30 but it is what it is.
I think how the roster ends up looking also depends on how much they utilize the new characters from the last game.(Especially the Kombat Kids There's a notable lack of any of them in this reveal, even Cassie. I was going to guess that from the last game that some of the older characters were going to retire and the newer ones were going to take up their mantles. Takeda replacing Kenshi and Jacqui replacing Jacks.(Especially considering their endings.) But the merging timelines seems to make that somewhat irrelevant, so who knows, most of them may take a back seat.

I'm going to come up with a roster that includes all 26 characters plus DLC, I'll see how this works.
1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Sonya
4. Baraka
5. Raiden
6. Skarlet
7. Geras
8. Kronika(Assuming she's playable, if so, most likely unlockable)
9. Liu Kang
10. Kung Lao
11. Kabal
12. Johnny Cage
13. Reptile
14. Kotal Kahn
15. Erron Black
16. Kitana
17. Ermac (Might not come back if Shang Tsung returns like in his MKX ending, but that might not even kill Ermac)
18. Jade
19. Shang Tsung (Hopefully, he needs to be redeemed as a villain after he was severely downplayed in MK9 in favor of Quan Chi.)
20. Kano
21. Rain
22. Noob
23. Smoke
24. Bo' Rai Cho(Mostly due to his endings, he might help the outworld characters defend against Raiden)
25. Tremor(Just because Skarlet's in and he'd be a good character to have so the other Black Dragon related characters have someone to have even more conflict with.)

Pre-Order
26. Shao-Kahn

DLC
27. Michael Myers
28. Doomslayer
29. Pennywise
30. Mileena
31. Havik(Who's design was intended to be Noob's in deception, funnily enough)
32. Chameleon
That would be my ideal roster with a mix of guesses. Really unlikely there's no Kombat Kids. But it just might be the case since it would be far from the first time MK has just dropped a significant portion of the previous cast. Jax and Kenshi I could see retiring anyway.

I'll care about Mortal Kombat when they get good character animations and an appealing artstyle which will be never. I like the gameplay but good god it's so boring to play because everything feels so dull so I'd rather play an anime fighter I have no idea of how it works because at least it'll have style and be flashy.
We know you're a weeb Shish(which is a weird thing to say considering how eastern inspired MK often is), you don't have to announce it every time something non-anime or cartoon related is announced.

D

Deleted member

Also, I'm glad that the running is gone. It's good in concept, but I just really suck at run canceling in MKX.

@Shishœ I don't understand why you don't play King of Fighters or especially Guilty Gear if you're so into "anime fighters" anyway.

Chrono.

Watching the livestream fights right now. One of the contestants listed his MK11 main as Jade. Not sure if that's a slip up or he's just messing around or what. LMAO
I thought Jade was kinda being set up I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So when's the trailer of Scorpion ripping off a Smash envelope from the ribcage of someone?

D

Deleted member

I thought Jade was kinda being set up I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up.
Yeah, in her endings she's always teased with some mysterious woman. And Smoke seems to be under control of some demon called Enenra. So if he comes back he'll still likely be evil. Poor smoke is always under some influence since his influence in MK3. MK9 is the only time he had his own will.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ugh, 25 character roster. Hoping at least Jade and Noob make it in.
25 isn’t too bad
I think how the roster ends up looking also depends on how much they utilize the new characters from the last game.(Especially the Kombat Kids There's a notable lack of any of them in this reveal, even Cassie. I was going to guess that from the last game that some of the older characters were going to retire and the newer ones were going to take up their mantles. Takeda replacing Kenshi and Jacqui replacing Jacks.(Especially considering their endings.) But the merging timelines seems to make that somewhat irrelevant, so who knows, most of them may take a back seat.

I'm going to come up with a roster that includes all 26 characters plus DLC, I'll see how this works.
1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Sonya
4. Baraka
5. Raiden
6. Skarlet
7. Geras
8. Kronika(Assuming she's playable, if so, most likely unlockable)
9. Liu Kang
10. Kung Lao
11. Kabal
12. Johnny Cage
13. Reptile
14. Kotal Kahn
15. Erron Black
16. Kitana
17. Ermac (Might not come back if Shang Tsung returns like in his MKX ending, but that might not even kill Ermac)
18. Jade
19. Shang Tsung (Hopefully, he needs to be redeemed as a villain after he was severely downplayed in MK9 in favor of Quan Chi.)
20. Kano
21. Rain
22. Noob
23. Smoke
24. Bo' Rai Cho(Mostly due to his endings, he might help the outworld characters defend against Raiden)
25. Tremor(Just because Skarlet's in and he'd be a good character to have so the other Black Dragon related characters have someone to have even more conflict with.)

Pre-Order
26. Shao-Kahn

DLC
27. Michael Myers
28. Doomslayer
29. Pennywise
30. Mileena
31. Havik(Who's design was intended to be Noob's in deception, funnily enough)
32. Chameleon
That would be my ideal roster with a mix of guesses. Really unlikely there's no Kombat Kids. But it just might be the case since it would be far from the first time MK has just dropped a significant portion of the previous cast. Jax and Kenshi I could see retiring anyway.

We know you're a weeb Shish(which is a weird thing to say considering how eastern inspired MK often is), you don't have to announce it every time something non-anime or cartoon related is announced.
If Cassie somehow doesn’t make it in...all hell will break loose from my hands
I...I don't know what to think or feel about that one, chief.
I felt great seeing Lord Isabelle kill Pac-Man
So when's the trailer of Scorpion ripping off a Smash envelope from the ribcage of someone?
Hopefully the ribcage comes from :ultdarkpit: or :ultyoshi:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So Cassie and Kitana were revealed in a Behind the Scenes video posted by WB Games. Liu Kang and Kung Lao are also shown in addition to the trailer shown at the reveal.

Not sure if this is a confirmation but SonicFox sorta hinted at Rain being playable in one of the streams. Something might have also been said about Jade.
MK11 looks real nice. Still catching up on stuff, but you know I had to cop the new pictures of Sub-Zero.
Honestly this design for Sub might be one of my favorite's yet.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope Jade is one of the characters that makes it back, same with Mileena, but she's likely to sit things out. I did like using Jade in MK9. But I also got the game late and didn't really play online like that. If Cassie is back I hope Takeda is too, since he's the only one of the kids that was actually hype.

Kotal Kahn, Erron Black, Devorrha(I might have spelled it wrong.) Are also great MKX characters that should comeback.

Celebrities as VAs becomes an annoyance when you start to notice how out of place they are:

-They are just there for the name
-They lack the proper training/discipline of a dedicated VA
-Don't know how to modulate and work with their voice and just sound like a louder version of themselves
-They never reprise their characters outside of movies/big productions (which is good as they get replaced by a true VA in lets say: a TV adaptation)
-In dubbed movies they see a celebrity doing a voice and they decide to grab a local celebrity to keep the attractiveness of the production.
-They probably get big bucks despite doing a less than decent job.

/rant
Glad my dude Steve Blum is voicing Sub-Zero again though. I dislike Celebrity VAs most times too. Tobey Macguire did okay in Spider-Man/Spider-Man 2. But they were going to get Josh Keaton at first and ANYONE over him(or Chris Barnes) for Spider-Man is a downgrade.

I nominate we rename this thread to "Nintenzone Social: Mortal Konversation"
Opossum Opossum You heard the man.

Do Your Job SM.gif

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I hope Jade is one of the characters that makes it back, same with Mileena, but she's likely to sit things out. I did like using Jade in MK9. But I also got the game late and didn't really play online like that. If Cassie is back I hope Takeda is too, since he's the only one of the kids that was actually hype.
Dude Baraka and Skarlet came back. At this point i'm going to be really shocked if Jade doesn't come back along with Rain.

I don't think all the Kombat Kids are coming back. If I were to guess, maybe Cassie and Takeda. I think both Jaqui and Kung Jin get killed in the game's story or something.

D

Deleted member

Dude Baraka and Skarlet came back. At this point i'm going to be really shocked if Jade doesn't come back along with Rain.

I don't think all the Kombat Kids are coming back. If I were to guess, maybe Cassie and Takeda. I think both Jaqui and Kung Jin get killed in the game's story or something.
All of the Kombat Kids are still around, but I think Cassie might be the only one to come back. I'd be surprised to see Jaqui at all, considering she's up there with Kano in "Filler characters nobody cares about", but at least Kano had seniority.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All of the Kombat Kids are still around, but I think Cassie might be the only one to come back. I'd be surprised to see Jaqui at all, considering she's up there with Kano in "Filler characters nobody cares about", but at least Kano had seniority.
Eh, Takeda was the only one I really liked myself.

I will say Shinnok's the lamest of the MK villains, so maybe it was right for him to get beaten by Johnny Cage and his kid. Y'know, instead of somebody cool.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Cassie and Takeda I see coming back. Takeda and Kenshi still have their plotlines with the Red Dragon unresolved.

And on that note, I fully expect Daegon to be on this roster. He's easily this game's sleeper pick no one is considering.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Eh, Takeda was the only one I really liked myself.

I will say Shinnok's the lamest of the MK villains, so maybe it was right for him to get beaten by Johnny Cage and his kid. Y'know, instead of somebody cool.
Yo don't be dissing my boy Johnny lol.

I guess the green aura thing was the reason Johnny/Cassie was able to beat Shinnok. And given both Jade and Shao Kahn possess similar abilities, maybe they have god-fighting powers as well?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hello level 4 charm!

This’ll be easy! It’s only August 12th! Before long Makoto will be my girlfriend!

D

Deleted member

Also, I'm glad that the running is gone. It's good in concept, but I just really suck at run canceling in MKX.

@Shishœ I don't understand why you don't play King of Fighters or especially Guilty Gear if you're so into "anime fighters" anyway.
Guilty Gear for the PS2 didn't run on my PC and KoF is actually something I've been looking into but Melty Blood is better anyways.

Chrono.

I finished Birth By Sleep.

Overall, I think it's okay. You can tell it was a PSP game with how much it feels like a watered down ps2 game. This isn't exclusive to BBS either there were a lot of games for the PSP that just made you question "why am I not just playing a better version of this on ps2?"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
KOF has Terry and Geese in it their games. Can't be all that bad.

Terry's ****ing dope.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
On the final story of the 2nd Doctor within his run: War Games.

I'm gonna miss the 2nd doctor. Patrick Troughton is absolutely BRILLIANT. One of my favorite doctors by now, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom