• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*Checks Torna download*
>1 hour 6 minutes left

Noice

>2 hours left

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Can someone explain how "This casual thing I initially didn't care about made me warm and fuzzy, I liked this a lot more than I expected for multiple reasons!" could even possibly be interpreted as "uh **** tumblr I'm so edgy kids aren't allowed to have fun"
Also if Isabelle can save people from dying with the hook, she's a good doubles partner and can possibly be the queen of disrespect

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Can someone explain how "This casual thing I initially didn't care about made me warm and fuzzy, I liked this a lot more than I expected for multiple reasons!" could even possibly be interpreted as "uh **** tumblr I'm so edgy kids aren't allowed to have fun"
Please do not fuel whatever this is about.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Stats for the new Nohrian Dusk units AND next week's units too.
Huh, they actually made Garon a Manakete rather then an axe armor, color me surprised. On top of that, they even made him Red, which makes him the first non-Tiki option in the entire game.

I'm glad that the Muspell characters (aside from Surtr) summonable, I like all Laegjarn and Helbindi and I was worried they'd be left behind with the end of Book II. So it's going to be great to have them as playable options in the game, especially Laegjarn since I could use a sword flier that fits in better with Hone/Fortify Flier rather then Goads.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Flora reaches 38 def and res, as well as nearly 50 attack....

She’s going to be really good

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
lol the new Arena Score BST altering skills are pure ****

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Stats for the new Nohrian Dusk units AND next week's units too.
Flora engages as a 38 Def/38 Res with 34 Atk on a neutral nature. That's better than neutral Hardin.

Won't see her in high-level Arena - 151 BST pretty much neuters that - but for a dagger she's a ****ing monster. Need me a +Atk / -Spd pronto.

Also I wasn't about to get hyped about Garon but yooooo. For a free dragon unit that's goddamn respectable. 163 BST is right at the midpoint for dragons (same as Nowi), and he hits decently hard (same as Myrrh and Fae) and even tanks physical decently well (on par with F!Kana, beats Nowi and both Y!Tikis). But that Res is the absolute highest any dragon's ever gotten - Myrrh's the next highest at 31 - which if we could build him properly would make him the hard answer to the Naga tomes as much as Nowi is to the Falchions.

If I could +10 him I'd run him over A!Tiki. As it is, he's probably still a decent budget option. He joins M!Kana on the bench for me, but don't sleep on him.

Ivander

Smash Legend
lol the new Arena Score BST altering skills are pure ****
They would've been nice as Seals, which I'm thinking they might do at some point since they are running out of Dance skills to make into Seals. But as A-skills, they are very worthless, as there are too many A-skills that are much better. They may be decent for Dancers, like Olivia, PA!Azura and Inigo, since they don't focus on attacking much, but still....this is a very bad answer to BST in Arena.

That being said, we are getting glasses in this update as new accessories.
https://imgur.com/a/Q6VkivW

So yeah, seems we're going to get glasses as part of the new Forging Bonds, which include the swirly-eyed glasses. The armor-looking helmet looks pretty cool too. And then there's that Maid Headpiece EX accessory. If it wasn't for the Maid Headpiece before, I would've thought that it was a Bride Veil. I could see that piece looking very good on the Bridal characters.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I'm just gonna share my take on the Isabelle trailer.

It's awful.

I don't mind her being in Smash. I really don't. But her trailer is objectively horrible.

Think about it this way; that trailer was supposed to be a trailer for a fighting game, yet the first half was just talking and the gameplay half was mostly taunts and other animations.

In other words, it barely had any action. And a fighting game trailer without action is like a sandwich without bread; it just doesn't make sense to not have it because it's literally what makes it what it is.

Isabelle is by far the worst Smash trailer ever, even by removing as much subjectivity as possible, simply because she was presented in the most boring way possible and I think that really hurt the overall reception, given that she was the only newcomer reveal.
i thought the laid-back vibe perfectly communicated what animal crossing is about (remember this doubles as a trailer for that too). plus it was funny to see all the content-churn reaction youtubers desperately try to maintain their performative explosive rage-hype in the face of isabelle being extremely calm and twee

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh btw I was initially terrified that it would be Geno cause of all the Final Fantasy stuff and I would have ended up having to eat a LOT of crow lmao
This reminds me.

After all the square stuff in the direct I can’t seee Square Enix not have another smash character at this point.

Geno seems likely but you never know

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im not even into AC but that trailer felt fitting and comfy af

I dunno why some people wanted/expected Isabelle doing her debut by beheading Ridley with a shovel or something.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Im not even into AC but that trailer felt fitting and comfy af

I dunno why some people wanted/expected Isabelle doing her debut by beheading Ridley with a shovel or something.
For the memes maybe?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No that was a fake pm someone put out to make it look like him. He only knew about ken and Simon so far.
And a second SE character, though he hasn't specified who. And an Alola Pokémon.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And a second SE character, though he hasn't specified who. And an Alola Pokémon.
I'm guessing either Geno given how popular he is specifically with Smash fans, or Lara Croft for the general gaming audience. Or it could be someone completely different altogether. Who knows. At this point I'm along for the ride.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When you free summon:
Screenshot_20180914-010704.jpg

But you fall for the waifu trash and burn half of your orb stash:
Screenshot_20180914-021607.jpg

Dude -Atk lmao.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I finally got Lewyn.

Now she's a real little monster!

She'll be an absolute beast in Chain Challenges and that sort of thing with Astra. For single maps I can just change her special.

I'm kinda upset Laegjarn and Helbindi died, but hopefully Veronica will turn over a new leaf. Maybe she class promotes to Brave Veronica in the main story?

What I'm not upset about it is getting Laegjarn and the others, and possibly for free too. Laegjarn in particular is not just my favourite, but she's also a Flier, so she will probably be great on my Flier team.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
*Checks Torna download*
>1 hour 6 minutes left

Noice

>2 hours left

I just got back home and oh boy, Torna DLC was already downloaded complete!

I just played it for a couple of minutes before I return to do my reports:
There isn't really anything much to spoil for now lol... sort of...
The start of the game's story background about Torna is interesting, it seems that Mor Ardain was really a kingdom that likes to invade other titans.

The battle system is basically the same as XC2, but have some refinements, I'll see how well can it get.

And it seems that Lora's Blade Haze isn't with them initially, I wonder if she's already her Blade or we will see how Lora got Haze.
Can't wait to play more, I really wanna just go and finish the story... this time might be faster since there's no more RNG Blades to get.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The bae Y'shtola and also our guy Cecil have been confirmed for WoFF Maxima.

Can't wait to be serenaded by Y'shtola's voice again.

IMG_20180914_120206.jpg

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Damn, I must've missed a lot last night, haha.

Think 30 is the largest notification count I've had at one time.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
This is my 776th post. For you Fire Emblem fans out there, you'll know exactly what I'm referring to.

Anyway, something I noticed about Isabelle's reveal trailer. She pretty much confirmed that Smash!Villager, PocketCamp!Villager, and NewLeaf!Villager are all the same, right? Which is a bit strange since PocketCamp!Villager and NewLeaf!Villager are taller and thinner than Smash!Villager, who I think is based off City Folk. Oh well.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I have saw Youtube videos online and a lot says that this Direct is the best Nintendo Direct ever.
This may be shocking or not shocking to some but... while I am satisfied with this Direct, I have to completely disagree with those video if they do think that this direct is the best.

And here why... In my opinion, there's no Nintendo Direct that I think is the best, nuff said about perfect. I think Nintendo Direct is just a way of Nintendo announcing a lot of new stuffs and games they have, it was never meant to specifically show surprises despite it often does. Moreover, you still see the Metroid fans complaining how there's no MP4, and Bayonetta fans complaining about no Bayonetta 3 infos... and then you have leaks basically ruins half of the Direct's announcements.

That being said, after this direct... not trying to point at anybody but... yeah... those who used to complain how E3 2018 was bad... lacked AC and too much Smash Bros... while yes they were legit complaints, told ya... Nintendo never reveals all of their stuff at E3. So better not get your hopes too much during the next E3.

D

Deleted member

@Erureido @Shishœ

So in F/GO, looks like Nero Fest 2 is going to also have the Lottery shop in it and by the looks of it, less Medals are needed for getting a whole bunch of materials. But than again, I believe the Medals don't drop as much. But compared to the usual 800/1000/1200 items needed to get a full stack of one Ascension material, it's around 300/400. In turn though, there is the Lottery, like on Christmas and the Da Vinci/Jeanne Alter event.
Anyway, this event is pure grind and no story, other than the long "Opening". Basically, you can take all the time you need with this event as you don't need to worry about missing important stuff. ALSO, big note, especially to @Shishœ if you are still at least getting log-in bonuses, because there was an extended maintenance that happened, we are actually going to be getting 21 Saint Quartz and 18 Golden Apples as compensation. So logging in around there, even if you aren't going to do the event, gives you something pretty good.
Anyway, something else to note is the upcoming "1 AP" quests. If you just want to focus on grinding, DO NOT DO THOSE. Those are basically our first "Challenge" Quests that are a precursor to the "mechanics" that will come later. Basically, the enemies in those are going to be alot like abyssal level difficulty in FEH. Like one of them is having to beat Heracles, but you have to kill him 12 times in that one match. If you aren't interested in doing challenges and just want the materials, don't do those "1 AP" quests.
I've actually uninstalled FGO, it was occupying too much storage in my phone and I wasn't really playing it anymore.
Damn, I must've missed a lot last night, haha.

Think 30 is the largest notification count I've had at one time.
I woked up to 35 today and this number has been consistently high after last night.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I tend to wake up to between 40 and 70 alerts...
Well, I guess it makes sense. You guys all have thousands of messages on Smashboards, so you guys probably post frequently. Me on the other hand, I've only got around 700, reaching 800. I'm not even that near to 1,000 yet.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I don't wake up to a goddamn thing.

Just how many threads are you guys in?