• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Time sure flies in the Bob-omb thread...
That place is so dead lol. Kind of a shame, really, I used to post there all the time. Made and hung out with a lot of friends on here there.

the what now
A forum game thread where you count to a specific number of Bob-ombs before site staff (Modso or Admins) posted to reset it. The thread essentially evolved into a social thread over time, because of how active it was and how many people came there. It was a convenient place for Forum Game regulars to chat; a lot of 'em like myself did for a good few years. It's been borderline dead in the water these past several months, though.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
ya thats where i met uni, ken, subby, ya king

konnie was also a quite active member back there too as well

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's been 11 days and I still haven't quite recovered from the hypefest that was the Direct.

I guess the fact that a Nntendo game is going out of its way to listen to fans and given them exactly what they want might have something to do with it.

What we know already makes this game the best 90 bucks* I'll ever spend and knowing there's still more to be announced just makes it even better.

This is the game that proves Sakurai is a freaking god, but damn, he seriously needs a vacation after this one.

*Canada is a better country than the US, no shame in saying that, but it's currency sucks and the province I live in happens to have a tax of nearly 10%, without even counting the federal 5%, so yeah, stuff is ****ing expensive.

ah that place, my old hangout here on the boards

been forever since i was last there
Because you stalked me and found a better place for your troubles :V

ya thats where i met uni, ken, subby, ya king

konnie was also a quite active member back there too as well
Good times :)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just got a YouTube ad that was a 3D cel-shaded animation of a KKK member playing a banjo with a black guy wearing a cowboy hat about to do something in the background.

Didn't watch the full thing or anything but yeah nice advertiser friendly platform there, YouTube.

D

Deleted member

I don't think I ever had this many Orbs
Screenshot_20180819-092135~2.png

Whatever banner IS tries to throw at me, I'll ne ready!
Also, PSA, today FEH is pooping Orbs, 7 just from log in bonus, 1 from daily quest and 5 from the new Blessed Garden

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My party in Octopath currently. I haven't found all the shrines yet so I'm still trying new things.
1. Cyrus
Level: 25
Jobs: Scholar/Merchant
Thoughts:
--
2. Ophilia
Level: 24
Jobs: Cleric/Dancer
--
3. H'aanit
Level: 24
Jobs: Hunter/Warrior
--
4. Therion
Level: 23
Jobs: Thief/Apothecary

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
doing the FEH quiz right now and I don't understand how anyone could pick A

You can literally go into the game and play the map and hear it's not the answer.

:v

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I cheated and checked the answer; I rarely have the chance to play FEH with sound :V

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Thoughts I get on a lazy day:

A Smash Bros clone starring Microsoft Agent characters. Bonzi Buddy is the Master Hand of the game.

D

Deleted member

I just remembered which of them played an 8-bit song and I was like "oh yeah, the training map theme is my ****ing jam"

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Please stop thinly disguising misoginy as "historical accuracy". If you want historical accuracy, games are the last thing you should be looking into.
Disguising... what? If you are saying misogyny, I don't think that's the case when it comes to most of those backlash... at least that's my take.
And you also have some weird traits like women having a fake arm and a soldier having a katana on his back...

I already said I personally don't care about whether being historical accurate, I remember when I first heard about this, I somewhat understands if Battlefield V background setting was set on WWII, then yeah the backlash while sound ridiculous to some, I can still get it. If they DICE doesn't want backlash, my advice is don't even make the game set in a WWII period... I mean, there were Battlefield games that set in the future like Battlefield 2142, they could have put female soldiers in there or at least on the cover and I don't think people will mind about that. Hell, Gears of War have female characters for years now.

So yeah, when it comes to female soldiers in games, putting them in a game based on WWII is the last thing a video game company should do.

Also, if a game is base on actual history, why is that so? Like said, historical accuracy matters if your game's setting is base on actual history, or just say it's an alternate history that somewhat guesses the different timeline of the past history, like how Wolfenstein II did.

And now what DICE should be worrying is not about the backlash to be honest... but if the game will sell well or not, if the backlash turns out to be how Starwars Battlefront pay-to-win backlash cause the game to flop, I wouldn't be that surprised...

About that video, so do you agree? Or you think the video's statements are invalid?
Also, no, Nintendo is doing baby steps at most right now, it's certainly not even one of the most progressive game companies.
Well, I can bet that Nintendo will always take baby steps.
And what's with the "progressive"? As long as Nintendo makes games that are fun and makes most of the gamers happy, I don't really care when it comes to whether Nintendo does right about that or not... it's a video game after all.

Edit: I already finish watching the video, and... this video does have a very good point, sure not all Nintendo games fit in this kind of discussion, hell some games like Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are even more extremely complicated to discuss lol. But bringing up Samus was a very good comparison.

Except women still fought in WW2. One of the most famous snipers in history, Lyudmila Pavlichenko, fought for the Soviets and claimed 309 confirmed kills as well as getting the Hero of the Soviet Union award alongside many other women.

While that is a good point and man they should have a female character that looks like Lyudmila in Battlefield V, FYI... then if you bring up the sniper with most kills... it's Simo "Simuna" Häyhä with about 505- 542 kills, wow...

That being said, while yes, there are notable female solders during WWII, but still not a lot... especially the notable ones.

Then again, while DICE's claim is true, that still doesn't stop many gamers on boycotting the game, which while it does sound ridiculous but it is really that's that, if gamers don't like the game, they have the right to not buy it.

Thinly disguised misogyny and thinly disguised transphobia are both things that happened this month and I'm very disappointed after realizing that fact
Now we have disguised transphobia? Is that still something game related topic?

Or perhaps just those news that I will never even bother.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man a couple of my cousins sure have grown since I saw them last. Also one of my cousins looks a lot like Dee from Always Sunny.

Sleepy_Icarus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StarrKnight
3DS FC
4639-9220-1156
My Switch seems to be suffering from age already. Had just started it up for the day on the dock and audio lag plaguing like two minutes in. Took it out, and it's already building up some heat. Tried playing to some Mario Tennis on handheld, and now the stick on the right joy-con is constantly drifting down, making me trick shot at just the most perfect of times.
Poor baby, and here I thought I was taking care of it so well. :crying:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have no idea what the person in the other room is watching, but all I hear is the same person with this psychotic laugh playing over and over again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom