• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I have nothing to add to this topic.

So I'm just gonna say my two most wanted newcomers (of which one has already been recently confirmed) approve of the title. :V

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We call it the Mega Drive here but yes, believe it or not, they still make it here. TecToy rereleased the console in 2017 actually

Saying it's morally wrong is condemning me though
express complete disapproval of, typically in public; censure.

Which I disagree but I don't think this will go anywhere so I'll just end it here.
I'm criticizing your actions for targeting Nintendo to portray them in a negative light for doing something I believe to be the morally correct thing to do.

I am not condemning your OTHER action you are doing.

Big difference.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It's not a "law" per se, I just assumed that openly admitting that you DO pirate would get the mods on him. Like we are discussing the topic but I think it'll make the mods step in if we start admitting.
Far as I've always seen it here:

Emulation is not itself demonized. Stating you have ROMs offhand isn't either per se. It's possible to do both legally - ChikoLad ChikoLad is probably the most prominent homegrown example, and he does nifty ****.

Open piracy is generally discouraged for its own sake, but in the context of this discussion specifically - well, if it were up to me, as long as he wasn't "inciting others to violate the law" (which I don't believe was his intent) I'd let it slide there as valid in context.

We call it the Mega Drive here but yes, believe it or not, they still make it here. TecToy rereleased the console in 2017 actually
Genesis is a console near and dear to my heart - first I ever kind of bought with my own cash - so I've known they've been keeping it alive for a while. Always gives me the warm and fuzzies. 2017 is more recent than my last report, though - which just means fresh warm and fuzzies are the best ones.

I've honestly debated importing one for the hell of it once or twice. I can and do emulate my old library, but there's something about using the carts, you know?

Anyhoo. More to the point - what's the market for Mega Drive games look like compared to SNES games down there?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd honestly be shocked if we didn't get Incineroar at this point.

Sleepy_Icarus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StarrKnight
3DS FC
4639-9220-1156

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Don\t sell me false hope like this fam.

I have enough false hopes set up with Skull Kid, Tails and Shadow.
Shadow I could see with the warp recovery and pseudo-Witch-Time down special set we've thrown around here a few times.

My money's on the other two being AT bait - assuming the Moon didn't take Skull Kid's spot there too.

oh, that pretty kick ***.
Hell yeah it is.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My preference would be Decidueye or, odds be damned, Chandelure, but Incineroar is cool.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Shadow I could see with the warp recovery and pseudo-Witch-Time down special set we've thrown around here a few times.

My money's on the other two being AT bait - assuming the Moon didn't take Skull Kid's spot there too.

Hell yeah it is.
Well all of Skull Kids abilities for his assist trophy are taken by other items/pokemon so I think he has a really good chance at being playable finally.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I never think or predict which Pokémon could join the fray. Way too much of a gamble.
Yeah, I'm not making any major predictions either. Especially since there's also a chance we'll not get a brand new Pokemon. But I do have a couple that I think could work.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
My ideal Pokemon newcomer would be Sceptile, though my more realistic want is Decidueye.

I believe the odds are tied between Decidueye and Incineroar, but given my 'prepare for the worst' mindset, I'm predicting Incineroar. I'll be pretty disappointed if Incineroar was the one chosen, but can see myself warming up to him depending on how he's implemented.

Dusk Lycanroc would also be pretty cool to see, but I'm still unsure if his concept art and plans laid out for him were finished by the time Sakurai came looking for a new Pokemon.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well all of Skull Kids abilities for his assist trophy are taken by other items/pokemon so I think he has a really good chance at being playable finally.
That's actually what I think is his biggest strike against him.

I know a moveset could theoretically still be made for him, but...I just don't think there's much else left for him to do.

His modus operandi in MM was doing large-scale world-****ing ****. He didn't fight much personally - he had rampaging goat mechs and bull**** fish for that. Which made sense - he was looking to **** up as many people as possible as fast as possible. And when he did take a personal hand in things, he preferred transfiguring people somehow - like how Deku Link and Kafei went - or it was just to **** with people, like shaking his ass at you from the top of the clock tower or FOOL! SKULL KID TOOTS AS HE PLEASES! while the moon came crashing down.

They basically had to BS him a moveset in Hyrule Warriors, and while I think it worked there - again, lot of AoE, fitting his desire for widespread mayhem - in the more small-scale fights of Smash I just don't feel like he'd work that well.

Guess we'll see.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'd honestly be shocked if we didn't get Incineroar at this point.
Oh they are.

They really, really, really are.
Better then ****ing gothitelle at least.

Also I always said that if we got any rep it be incenroar. Sakurai probably could care less about decidueye and thats why hes in Pokken. This way both markets get a chance to shine.

Also what if we got Buzzwole but he was a Captain Falcon Echo?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That's actually what I think is his biggest strike against him.

I know a moveset could theoretically still be made for him, but...I just don't think there's much else left for him to do.

His modus operandi in MM was doing large-scale world-****ing ****. He didn't fight much personally - he had rampaging goat mechs and bull**** fish for that. Which made sense - he was looking to **** up as many people as possible as fast as possible. And when he did take a personal hand in things, he preferred transfiguring people somehow - like how Deku Link and Kafei went - or it was just to **** with people, like shaking his *** at you from the top of the clock tower or FOOL! SKULL KID TOOTS AS HE PLEASES! while the moon came crashing down.

They basically had to BS him a moveset in Hyrule Warriors, and while I think it worked there - again, lot of AoE, fitting his desire for widespread mayhem - in the more small-scale fights of Smash I just don't feel like he'd work that well.

Guess we'll see.
I’m sure if anyone could make a move set for Skull Kid it’d be Sakurai and his team.

Also I always said that if we got any rep it be incenroar. Sakurai probably could care less about decidueye and thats why hes in Pokken. This way both markets get a chance to shine.

His legs aren’t really made for kicking.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
If we had to get anyone from Gen VII, I hope it isn't Incineroar and we get Decidueye or Buzzwole instead. But as a general preference, I would love for Gardevoir to make it in.

D

Deleted member

Just came back from the Smash Ultimate thread

Anyone who says there are too many Fire Emblem characters and they are not unique is wrong.

Also I feel like Incineroar is shining over Decidueye right now in general.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Chandelure may be setting a low bar, but I gotta get out my metal detector to find Gothitelle's.

Swole Punch would be worth it.

I’m sure if anyone could make a move set for Skull Kid it’d be Sakurai and his team.
Eh.

I still ain't feeling it.

But as a general preference, I would love for Gardevoir to make it in.
I don't think I'd complain about the universal pokewaifu, but I'd still prefer Decidueye.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Chandelure may be setting a low bar, but I gotta get out my metal detector to find Gothitelle's.

Swole Punch would be worth it.

Eh.

I still ain't feeling it.

I don't think I'd complain about the universal pokewaifu, but I'd still prefer Decidueye.
Well I guess we will see now won’t we?

D

Deleted member

Why do people say I am the attention seeking problem when I know about three active NintenZone people that are attention seekers themselves?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Hell yeah it is.
I don't say this a lot, but I do think Shadow basically feels like a foregone conclusion for playable at this point. I'd be more shocked if he wasn't.

Skull Kid is mostly conspiracy theory hubbaloo but that loz18 fellow, who seems to know /things/, is vouching for him for whatever's worth. There's also how the most iconic part of him, The Moon, is it's own AT. Though I don't think that's merit enough since the Skull Kid AT didn't involve the Moon at all. The other one is that the Mushroom item DOES use Skull Kid's AT functionality, but as we've seen before (with particularly Shadow and the Timer) they could still coexist.

Tails is like 95% wishful thinking on my part, but he has been pretty well requested for a long while now (since Melee pretty much, and the EGM rumor likely had a lot to do with that), not as much as Shadow and probably Knuckles. But we already know Knuckles is an AT and Shadow is currently MIA. If you subscribe to the theory that DLC Mii Costumes in 4 were for characters Sakurai knew were popular characters, then it would seem a bit weird to give Knuckles and (seemingly) Shadow decent roles then give Tails nothing unless we have yet to see him as an AT.

But yeah I realize this is all fluff talk "oh they gave him a mii costume in 4 so that must mean he's playable in this one lol" yeah that doesn't really amount to much. I do think Sonic having 3 characters in total isn't weird though, especially if one would be an echo. I could say the same for Mega Man as well but I'll save that for another day.

D

Deleted member

Far as I've always seen it here:

Emulation is not itself demonized. Stating you have ROMs offhand isn't either per se. It's possible to do both legally - ChikoLad ChikoLad is probably the most prominent homegrown example, and he does nifty ****.

Open piracy is generally discouraged for its own sake, but in the context of this discussion specifically - well, if it were up to me, as long as he wasn't "inciting others to violate the law" (which I don't believe was his intent) I'd let it slide there as valid in context.

Genesis is a console near and dear to my heart - first I ever kind of bought with my own cash - so I've known they've been keeping it alive for a while. Always gives me the warm and fuzzies. 2017 is more recent than my last report, though - which just means fresh warm and fuzzies are the best ones.

I've honestly debated importing one for the hell of it once or twice. I can and do emulate my old library, but there's something about using the carts, you know?

Anyhoo. More to the point - what's the market for Mega Drive games look like compared to SNES games down there?
Oh, SNES is just dead, it got published by Playtronic here but that died back in 2003.
I can't say for much how the market for it was, my father had a SNES with SMW and a football game(that was translated into Portuguese and with Brazilian teams so it was likely a ROM Hack of some other football game) and my cousin was always a big Nintendo fan and even more of a Super Metroid one(that was the first time I called Samus "Metroid").

But as I'm just finding out, turns out they used PAL cartridges over here which is weird considering at least Wii era forward we have had the same cartridges as NA being imported here. They just don't localize games like they used to, TecToy and Playtronic were just so good compared to the non-existing presence of Nintendo nowadays. And Sony and Microsoft don't do any better, games still are way too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom