• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And so ends Chapter Five.

Onward to Chapter Six.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I empathize. Been having pretty similar feelings for my gf's docs since Oct or so.

Can't offer anything substantial, but my heart goes out. Hope your sis's situation improves.
People hit me with the "Doctors are people too" BS all the time and then I say they havent done **** to help he and they can only say "but they are human too"

**** doctors. this is why Id rather suffer through pain then go to some useless ass doctors. Thats why I havent went to the doctors about my jaw thats been hurting for a few days.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Edit: So, how was this thread overall?
I say it was pretty good, we had our moments.
Props for the moderators keeping it at check.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
People hit me with the "Doctors are people too" BS all the time and then I say they havent done **** to help he and they can only say "but they are human too"

**** doctors. this is why Id rather suffer through pain then go to some useless *** doctors. Thats why I havent went to the doctors about my jaw thats been hurting for a few days.
I mean, I'd still see one about that.

Even if there was somehow only a 5% chance they could help, that beats the roughly 0% chance of it going away on its own.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I mean, I'd still see one about that.

Even if there was somehow only a 5% chance they could help, that beats the roughly 0% chance of it going away on its own.
Id rather have more then a 5% chance of there asses helping. Idk, maybe 80% chance or idk 100%?

Doctors shouldnt give only ****ing 5%

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Oh hey, it looks like I get a chance to post on the last page.

Farwell, Nintenzone 5, onward to the next thread. I wasn't here from the start, but I'm glad I was here for the end.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Surely there has to be some kind of post credits scene to tease Nintenzone 6.
I have made many posts; the day is saved. Suddenly, I am approached by a man wearing a mask.

“Who are you?”, I ask.
“I’m here to promote you. You’ve done good work on Smashboards, now how about joining the battle itself?”

I realize he’s wearing a Smash 5 shirt. He removes his mask, revealing my uncle: Masahiro Sakurai.

An orchestral flourish plays. Cut to black.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Id rather have more then a 5% chance of there ***** helping. Idk, maybe 80% chance or idk 100%?

Doctors shouldnt give only ****ing 5%
Hey, hey, let's not misunderstand what I'm saying here. Never said it was 5%. Honestly it's probably closer to the 80%. Could even be 99%. I don't know.

Point is there's no way to know before you see em.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Hey, hey, let's not misunderstand what I'm saying here. Never said it was 5%. Honestly it's probably closer to the 80%. Could even be 99%. I don't know.

Point is there's no way to know before you see em.
Shes been going back and forth from the hospital to home and back to the hospital since 2017.

So explain to me. Why has she has year of hospital visits and the only thing thy do is shove more pills in her face. Everytime. She goes in, blood works, come home with pills, doesnt get better, goes again, pumps fluids in her body, come home with pills, gets worse, blood work, rinse and repeat

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

First time I get to say I've posted in the last page of a massive thread like this, right?

But here's to hoping for a productive rest of the year, especially on the Nintendo side.

D

Deleted member

The thread has reached it's ending point. Congratulations on two thousand pages of joy, this can be like a fifth book. Now onto Chapter 1 of book six.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Seems like I managed to be on time to see this still open on its 200th page before we move on.

Anyways, happy 2K everyone! I've had lots of fun memories on NintenZone 5! Looking forward to making more lasting memories on NintenZone 6!

This calls for some nice ending music to instill those nostalgic feelings of the fun times we shared in this social thread:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And now we are past the threshold.

D

Deleted member

Good Lord, it feels like the countdown to another New Years Day. I'll celebrate to that!

Are you secretly part of Queen Elizabeth II's royal group?
Why do I get the feeling this sounds like an insult to me? If so, you should know to respect your elders. I was saying I am passionate about :4peach::4bayonetta2::rosalina: and everybody knows I have this harmless and quiet personality.

D

Deleted member

Good Lord, it feels like the countdown to another New Years Day. I'll celebrate to that!

Why do I get the feeling this sounds like an insult to me? If so, you should know to respect your elders. I was saying I am passionate about :4peach::4bayonetta2::rosalina: and everybody knows I have this harmless and quiet personality.
It is not an insult, it is joke. I just said that because of your elegance :p. Apologies if you took offense.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's said The Nintenzone - The Nintenzone never changes. Users do, through the posts they make. And this post - has reached its its end.

D

Deleted member

Lmao we have 2 goobers so far on Nintenzone Social 6.0 :026: Glad I caught the thread before it ended, since class took a bit.
I'm a goofy goober.
My bad. Now three goobers. Mine was an accident, but I do not know about them, but probably.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been closed yet.

I just hope it doesn't quite make it to my birth year before the next thread starts.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Shes been going back and forth from the hospital to home and back to the hospital since 2017.

So explain to me. Why has she has year of hospital visits and the only thing thy do is shove more pills in her face. Everytime. She goes in, blood works, come home with pills, doesnt get better, goes again, pumps fluids in her body, come home with pills, gets worse, blood work, rinse and repeat
That's also not what I'm talking about. That's her. This is you.

Look. Lemme illustrate where I'm coming from on this. Tucking since it's not the kind of thing worth scrolling down through.

Amongst the many, many, many other things that went down during my six month vacation, my gf got carted an hour and a half from her hometown to mine, by ambulance, for surgery preparations. Backstory being: she was diagnosed with a colon disorder somewhere around 8 years old and has been fighting it ever since (which one is presently up in the air - initial diagnosis was UC, then surgeons said it could be Crohn's, now they're flip-flopping; we'll get to that).

Prior to the hospital stay, she'd been shuffled from medicine to medicine for the entirety of our 5 years together. Humira seemed to work the best, but then there was some insurance bull**** and missed doses, and her body seems to have developed a response to it now, so that's out. Remicade infusions - two hours making friends with an IV every month and a half - was the last line of defense. Didn't work. Her IC valve became dangerously inflamed; every time she ate there was risk of it closing off, causing potentially fatal.

By the time we actually got her in the hospital, mid-November, she'd stopped eating entirely for something like a week and was down to ice chips and sips of water. She was so dehydrated it took them seven tries to find a vein that wasn't shriveled up to nothing just so they could get an IV in her to rehydrate her. It took her another two weeks hooked up to a whole smorgasbord of fluid bags, run through a picc line to just near her heart.

Her Thanksgiving dinner was delivered intravenously - a two liter bag of what looked like beer or piss depending on who in the room you asked. I personally compromised, saying beer is piss.

The surgery removed about a third of her colon, along with the IC valve and the infected mass around it, which had grown to the size of a grapefruit. They ran her surviving small intestine as a stoma to let things heal. For another two weeks after that she couldn't walk. She developed abscesses, all clearly infected. They drained these, but refused antibiotics multiple times - I understand that they would have done nothing for the already formed abscesses, but do not believe to this moment they wouldn't have prevented further ones. Pretty sure there's still one at the stoma site to this day.

There's a further, even worse complication that I honestly don't wish to get into. Short version they found some **** in the IC valve mass that's going to need our attention over the next month or so.

She's been seeing doctors her whole life. Swallowed between three to five pills daily our whole relationship - immunosuppressants, steroids, and whatever they thought would ease use of the first two. So how'd she get here?

Wasn't the ****ing doctors. Without them she'd be dead.

Did they misdiagnose her? Maybe. Might be UC, might be Crohn's, might not be either. There's no fault on the docs. They didn't know because they couldn't know. Nobody knows.

Did they **** up with the prescriptions that were actually controlling this? Absolutely. But that's not the docs' fault. That's Indiana Medicaid. Who, while we're on the subject, can **** right off.

Did they give her the best care they could? Maybe. The antibiotics thing has me wondering. But at very least, they still saved her life. If she hadn't seen them she'd have been dead before the holidays.

Gf comes from a family of four siblings. She's the only one with a lick of ill health. Won the whole genetic lottery there.

I've spent two stints in the ER myself since. First one was from heart pains. Stress from the gf's stay and overeating, turns out (former fed, no pun intended the latter). I lucked out there. Second one was an oil burn. Splashed myself while pan-frying with no shirt on. Got a scar on my chest - about as long as my index finger, and half as wide - that looks like a rocket ship. Pchooo. That was dumb. But I managed to prevent it being more than a particularly large 1st degree burn.

First place I turned to when **** went south? Docs. People that helped me (for what little I needed)? Docs. My situations weren't complicated. Docs helped me out.

Sometimes **** happens. Sometimes health ain't fair. It ain't ER or House or Grey's Anatomy, real **** ain't so clean cut. And besides the fact that they can make mistakes, sometimes they just can't get it right.

But they still can and they still do.

None of this means don't go to docs. If that's your takeaway you're only self-immolating, and while I understand the shaken faith, you still have to realize your sister is not you. Her experience, however terrible, is not your benchmark.

I'm not blowing smoke out my ass or sharing empty words here. I know this because I've personally experienced both sides of it.

Now seriously. See a doc.

Side note, I'm really glad that whole thing is getting buried at the end of this thread. Don't really want it following to 6. If you respond there, could you please cut out the spoiler'd part?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ending a thread on 2000 pages seems too expected.

End it on some random page number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom