• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Werebears can only be found on Solstheim. I always kill them before they can transform.

The Lusty Argonian Maid is one of the funniest easter eggs.
The whole pile of them in one place on Solstheim just makes it even better.

Don't even get me started on the wheels that were turning in my head when I realized what the Folio was.

And of course, considering who I'm playing as. . .

If it’s as feminine as you... is it really feminine or barely?
Enough of a dark void to test whether a glitch could be used for inappropriate jokes, yet demure enough to adopt orphans and stray dogs out of legitimate concern for their safety. Even as the rest of my morality goes down the gutter and I become jaded at an increasingly obviously corrupt Skyrim, doggies and orphans remain a legitimate weak point.

And the lizard collects fancy clothing to wear. Which is arguably more feminine than I am in real life, except counterbalanced by all the. . .you know. . .murder and terror that I obviously would be horrified at in real life.

Although my official murder count is at 0 despite completing the Dark Brotherhood questline, the Boethia quest, and the Namira quest. I am nothing if not resourceful with my lycanthropy. And the odd Illusion spell, which I kinda sorta humanely animal tested to get it up to the skill I needed.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
In the span of this social thread...

- We were coming off only a week or two post-Switch Presentation.
- E3 2017
- Countless gaming events
- A really REALLY frigging crazy 2017 (and a ****ty one for me personally)

So many things have changed. Wouldn't be surprised if the next social lasted the same amount of time.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Smol Chapter 5 progress.
Spoilerless:
-The game really gets hot when you get the Cancel Arts Skills.
-Perceval is an odd dude, but the names of his abilities sound badass.
-Breh, how do I raise the Merc Rank.

Spoilercloud:
-The Leftherian Archipelago is basically Eryth Sea (Fauna, multiple islands) + Bionis Interior (Thin and long connecting roads, exploring the insides of a Titan), while visually pleasing is my least favorite area rn.
-I took the easy road to Fonsett because I like Left Turns, but man, those Trikins are annoying.
-Rex's hometown sure is chill
-Pyra for sure will be an underrated character; behind that meme outfit and those big boobs lies a bigger heart.
-Mòrag has integrated to the group nicely, Im having a blast playing as her
-No, Pyra, if you leave Rex he'll suffer even more.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
In the span of this social thread...

- We were coming off only a week or two post-Switch Presentation.
- E3 2017
- Countless gaming events
- A really REALLY frigging crazy 2017 (and a ****ty one for me personally)

So many things have changed. Wouldn't be surprised if the next social lasted the same amount of time.
That depends on whether Smash 5 is announced within a year or not.

Because we all know we're ripping through the next thread way faster if it is.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
So I was unaware that Club Penguin got shut down last year. I just watched it's final moments.
I's barely january and I've already seen the saddest thing I'll see all year.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I was unaware that Club Penguin got shut down last year. I just watched it's final moments.
I's barely january and I've already seen the saddest thing I'll see all year.
Weren't people having competitions to see who could get banned the fastest during it's final days?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Smol Chapter 5 progress.
Spoilerless:
-The game really gets hot when you get the Cancel Arts Skills.
-Perceval is an odd dude, but the names of his abilities sound badass.
-Breh, how do I raise the Merc Rank.

Spoilercloud:
-The Leftherian Archipelago is basically Eryth Sea (Fauna, multiple islands) + Bionis Interior (Thin and long connecting roads, exploring the insides of a Titan), while visually pleasing is my least favorite area rn.
-I took the easy road to Fonsett because I like Left Turns, but man, those Trikins are annoying.
-Rex's hometown sure is chill
-Pyra for sure will be an underrated character; behind that meme outfit and those big boobs lies a bigger heart.
-Mòrag has integrated to the group nicely, Im having a blast playing as her
-No, Pyra, if you leave Rex he'll suffer even more.
Once you get enough merc experience by completing missions, a new sidequest will open up at the Merc HQ in Uraya. Completing the side quest will raise your merc level.

Chrono.

>*Sees new anime called Citrus*
>"Oh hey the art looks really good"
>"Wait it's a Yuri? Alright"
>"Wait they're (step)sisters??"

Why is anime like this.

Still watched.

It wasn't great.

Gonna keep watching.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That depends on whether Smash 5 is announced within a year or not.

Because we all know we're ripping through the next thread way faster if it is.
Yeah. This thread would be nothing but Smash speculation most of the time.

Unless it's a crappy port that adds little to nothing to the game. That would be a bummer.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Weren't people having competitions to see who could get banned the fastest during it's final days?
apparently, yeah.

Why is anime like this.

Still watched.

It wasn't great.

Gonna keep watching.
Because without this we would have one less excuse to question why we can be so ****ed up sometimes.

My friend suggested that to me as part of a long-running gag revolving around me watching hentai XD
I actually thought it'd be alright before I saw the sister part.

Chrono.

I'm guessing if a Smash 5 were to be announced, we would need another private leaks and rumors group, right?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah. This thread would be nothing but Smash speculation most of the time.

Unless it's a crappy port that adds little to nothing to the game. That would be a bummer.
We all know that if even one character were added the entire site would go into a freakout.

That said, if we've been waiting this long when they've clearly been doing -something- with Smash the whole time then yeah I'm guessing it's not just a port.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Turns out I actually got the chance to play the Dissidia Beta today.
It's a good thing that the Beta will be here for quite some time, because finals are coming up quickly for me, I'm afraid.
I still feel like the game is pretty fun, but I haven't played the online yet, so I can't speak for whether it's been improved or not.

As for the new characters in the Beta, I'm really liking all 4 of them. I feel like I had the most fun with The Emperor or Golbez.

Also I was somewhat surprised to see that a story mode is a thing, but not that surprised.

>Lootboxes are kind of a thing.
Oh no.
At the very least, I'm guessing there's no option for micro-transactions.
And the fact that there's an actual shop for buying things that you can get from lootboxes.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to when the actual game come out!

Edit: Also, does anyone know if stuff from the Beta will carry over to the full game? Because if not then some of the rewards are kind of useless.

Last edited:

Chrono.

>Lootboxes are kind of a thing.
Oh no.
At the very least, I'm guessing there's no option for micro-transactions.
And the fact that there's an actual shop for buying things that you can get from lootboxes.
Is it in-game currency or actual money?

Because if it's the latter it's pretty bad.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We all know that if even one character were added the entire site would go into a freakout.

That said, if we've been waiting this long when they've clearly been doing -something- with Smash the whole time then yeah I'm guessing it's not just a port.
Yeah. Especially considering that Smash Switch was leaked back in January of 2016. A full two years ago. Clearly the dev team has to have a lot done in that time.

If not new characters then at least like all the old veterans coming back, 3DS/New stages, and an adventure mode.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh hey, the blood fountain's gone upon restarting the game. Guess it really wasn't permanent.

I saved a video of it onto my Twitter, though. That was the weirdest thing, and I'm kinda glad I actually thought to document it.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
>*Finishes Little Witch Academia*
>*Immediately searches the wiki*
>mfw I receive an achievement for editing 100 articles on a single day

What am I doing with my life?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm guessing if a Smash 5 were to be announced, we would need another private leaks and rumors group, right?
I dunno. Smash 4 didn't leak that much aside from the ESRB stuff and Royu DLC.

Considering Smash Switch has been tight lipped for this long I imagine it will stay the same.

D

Deleted member

Why is anime like this.

Still watched.

It wasn't great.

Gonna keep watching.
Why do you hate yourself so much?
>*Finishes Little Witch Academia*
>*Immediately searches the wiki*
>mfw I receive an achievement for editing 100 articles on a single day

What am I doing with my life?
Now these are good life decisions!

Chrono.

I dunno. Smash 4 didn't leak that much aside from the ESRB stuff and Royu DLC.

Considering Smash Switch has been tight lipped for this long I imagine it will stay the same.
But wasn't the intent of the group to discuss and debunk any and all rumors, not just actual leaks?

D

Deleted member

The leaks group was a Social thread who occasionally analysed leaks.
By social, I meant ****post.
And by analyse, I meant calling everything a fake.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I miss leaks. People got too dramatic about them, but there was something about the environment of it all that felt like home even just watching.

The leaks group was a Social thread who occasionally analysed leaks.
By social, I meant ****post.
And by analyse, I meant calling everything a fake.
^ This is probably why.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Why is anime like this.

Still watched.

It wasn't great.

Gonna keep watching.
Hopefully it won't leave you on a sour note.

On another note, Hulu has the original Sailor Moon~
After I get my new computer, more binge-watching time.

D

Deleted member

So here's a question, what's the craziest plot twist you've seen in a game?
I'm an idiot who gets myself spoiled most of the time so I usually don't have the chance to react to them. Most games I played unspoiled(like TW101) didn't have any crazy plot twists.
Still, not in a story sense but more of a gameplay one
The fact not only Takumi is the final boss, but two of him.
It breaks every expectation when it comes to FE final bosses and I love it. Archers are usually rare bosses due to the fact you can just surround them and attack at melee and no boss ever uses the pair up mechanic, much less with themselves.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Octodad was an octopus the whole time.

Honestly, I can't really think of anything.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This video defines the game:
(some locations are endgame spoilers, so beware)

D

Deleted member

The group got shut down because of all the controversy that occurred in the Gematsu thread and how the group was a steaming pile of **** outside of people involved in Source Gaming. A new group won't help matters as even strict moderation couldn't keep people behaved.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, out of the games I have played......
-A couple of the Layton games had some really far out ones. Like ones that surprisingly made sense, yet you still wondered how the heck were those possible. Layton fans will know which ones I'm talking about.
-Custom Robo for the Gamecube had a pretty good one. Although the game didn't give you anything to think there was anything suspicious and you don't really question anything until you are literally asked this question:
"What do you know about the world?". And you are given two choices, "The world is flat." and "The world is round." Well, gee, what does your common sense tell you if you were going through the game simply and weren't really given anything about the world to suspect something?

On the other hand, you get a really funny conversation when you pick common sense.
Those are the only ones I can think of, but I know I've played one game where the plot twist left me speechless and emotional. I just can't remember which one it was.

Chrono.

The group got shut down because of all the controversy that occurred in the Gematsu thread and how the group was a steaming pile of **** outside of people involved in Source Gaming. A new group won't help matters as even strict moderation couldn't keep people behaved.
Maybe it's because I joined the group fairly late into the game (post ESRB-leak but pre 3DS-release) but I don't remember it being that bad.
Well, out of the games I have played......
-A couple of the Layton games had some really far out ones. Like ones that surprisingly made sense, yet you still wondered how the heck were those possible. Layton fans will know which ones I'm talking about.
-Custom Robo for the Gamecube had a pretty good one. Although the game didn't give you anything to think there was anything suspicious and you don't really question anything until you are literally asked this question:
"What do you know about the world?". And you are given two choices, "The world is flat." and "The world is round." Well, gee, what does your common sense tell you if you were going through the game simply and weren't really given anything about the world to suspect something?

On the other hand, you get a really funny conversation when you pick common sense.
Those are the only ones I can think of, but I know I've played one game where the plot twist left me speechless and emotional. I just can't remember which one it was.
I was playing that game a while back.

didn't get far at all but what the heck? The world is flat in Custom Robo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom