• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Again, just because those game are a bit too good to be true doesn't mean it is fake, especially if you look at Switch's sales.
Fake or not, we will get a Direct this month, and I only think Nier Automata is the most feasible than others. Next will be Dragonball Fighters Z.
I doubt FFXV will be on Switch, and I actually prefer FFXII coming to Switch.
It's more of a question of performance than anything else.

NieR and DBFZ need to run at 60fps since they're action/fighting games. We already know that the Switch is running on a bottlenecked Tegra X1, putting at roughly less than 1/4 the power of the vanilla PS4. There's no way it'd be able to run either of those games at the right performance needs without some massive downgrades.

Then onto MHW and FFXV, it's a similar story, but less on performance and more on appearance. PS4 vanilla already struggles a bit when running both of those games. More than that, MHW runs on a custom MT Framework engine, which is incompatible with the Switch. Like, with DBFZ I could POSSIBLY see it happening, since the Switch can run Unreal Engine 4, which is what DBFZ is running on. Just remove a lot of the particle effects, and lighting, and simplify the BGs, and it might be able to do it. The other three though, no way.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Saitoboye posted a new artwork of best cat with her hood on; something she never does in-game I think.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

W h e r e ' s M y t h r a ? x 2
I don't actually remember seeing her having a hood...
It would be great if she automatically wears it during rainy weathers....

And believe it or not, she may just be my favorite Driver character in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 so far both character and gameplay wise. So far I always used Nia for manageable healing and as the Driver combo starter which in my opinion, Driver combos are way more important than Blade combos, weakness is that triggering Blade combos is nearly impossible on high level monsters and nuff said about high level unique monsters.

And again, I may dislike her English VA, pretty much like most people, Japanese VA are mostly better than English VA even though overall most English VA are ok... only Japanese VA I dislike is... Arzurda... probably the only Japanese VA I dislike I had mention this back in the September Direct.

And no I haven't check Twitter... ever since November... because I am avoiding spoilers...

One more thing... Goodsmile... GIVE ME NIA FIGURE!

If Rex ever gets to Smash, he should only have Pyra and Mythra. This two are enough to get the blade changing mechanic into the game, and since they are all main characters, it would be better than having any other random blade. I do like the idea of core cristals becoming an item, so we get even more blades trough "assist trophies".
My idea for now is just Pyra being like Pokemon Trainer... on the back... but when doing special attacks she will go to the stage and do it... I know it may sound a huge hassle, but I am sure that Sakurai will make it good.

As final Smash can go two ways... one is just Rex and Pyra do the Special IV attack, or Rex and Pyra turn into Mythra do the Special IV attack as well... and the victory theme is easy... the defeat unique monster winning theme.

I also want to say there were times I actually hope visions are back in XC2 when battling against unique monsters.... perhaps the reason why they add rage mode for monsters is because they make it so that you can automatically sense that the monster will do something that is cheating...

Tora maid fetish never bothered me. One because it remind me of Dragon Maid, and that's a good thing. And secondly, I can't really call him on it because...let's say that I have a few fetish too. So I can kinda relate to him I guess?
Pretty much EVERY NOPON who involves in developing artificial Blades are obsessed with maids LOL....

It's more of a question of performance than anything else.

NieR and DBFZ need to run at 60fps since they're action/fighting games. We already know that the Switch is running on a bottlenecked Tegra X1, putting at roughly less than 1/4 the power of the vanilla PS4. There's no way it'd be able to run either of those games at the right performance needs without some massive downgrades.
A disclaimer here first... I agree that games like FFXV and MHW will probably be nearly impossible coming to Switch, and to be frank, I don't think they have to. Like I said, compare to FF XV I would prefer FF XII or FF XIV Stormblood coming to Switch.
And I don't know about you besides that you draw awesome mangas, I pay attention to tech stuff but when it comes to infos about Tegra X1, I only heard infos on a Youtube Channel called Spawnwave which he has a video specifically talk about the history of Tegra chip... I will just leave it here for you to check it out. So about the power of Tegra X1... I obviously have no clue on the chip's true capabilities and I don't think you do too... maybe I'm wrong but we'll talk about this more later

My reply is probably... less assumptions and more examples. Let's just look at the game DOOM which is the best example of how can some high graphic game can be ported to Switch, and I have played DOOM myself on Nintendo Switch. And yes, like how you said DOOM on Switch indeed had plenty of graphic downgrades compare to PS4, but compare to Xbox One there weren't that much of a difference. As for it running at 30 FPS which some people may say it is bad... but as for someone who plays shooters like Overwatch in 30fps on my laptop (And even lags sometimes), DOOM on Switch running at 30FPS isn't that bad.

Not sure if you have heard the company called Panic Button, which is a really genius company on porting those games to Switch... so far every ports made by them runs well on Switch, I can see even more titles being ported to Switch by Panic Button.

Like, with DBFZ I could POSSIBLY see it happening, since the Switch can run Unreal Engine 4, which is what DBFZ is running on. Just remove a lot of the particle effects, and lighting, and simplify the BGs, and it might be able to do it. The other three though, no way.
Again, you are just making assumptions... if they really need to remove effects in order to port the game to Switch, I don't think Bandai Namco will approve the port. Not saying that you are wrong but I would rather hear from the developer... all they said so far is that porting DBZ to Switch is possible but they want the demand... similar with Nier Automata... they said if Square Enix gave them more money...

And also the reason why games like FFXV and MHW might not come to Switch, is really because they were develop for Switch in the first place... I don't think Capcom knew about the Switch when they make MHW...

Also sorry to point this out... but the Switch's sales are just skyrocketing, I believe that as long as Switch attracts the consumers, third parties will start to port and obviously make new and great titles for Nintendo Switch.

I aware that since Switch isn't a powerful console (And no, I won't put out the "It's a portable" excuse) porting those games to Switch will need adjustments and downgrades. If it's just visual downgrades that don't effect the game greatly I am ok with it, but if it's contents removed like how frickin EA did, then no...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*Use Legendary Crystal*
*Get a common blade*

"Man, **** this ****, why the game can't give me freakin' Kos-Mos..."

Anyway, let's try to get something el-

*use rare crystal*
*get Kos-Mos*

Thank you dear Architect, I promise to pray for you every night.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So after 2 weeks, the next FeH chapter is out.
Once again, Masked Marth/Lucina being adorable. This time in a heartwarming way. Someone give them a hug.

Also, anyone else think that the reason why Fire Emblem Heroes hasn't revealed anything major so far is that there might be info in the Direct? Sure, it's not guaranteed. But if that is the case, I feel somewhat sorry for the developers who are looking at the bored fans and just going, "Please, people. The Nintendo Direct is almost here. Just be a little patient."

Chrono.

*Use Legendary Crystal*
*Get a common blade*

*use rare crystal*
*get Kos-Mos*

Who you got her on?

I still don't have KOS-MOS yet... Or Vale.

Meanwhile I recently got Agate who is pretty cute anyway, but now my remaining Rare Blade number is 5 and only 3 of those are random Rares (KOS-MOS, Vale and Newt.)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
*Use Legendary Crystal*
*Get a common blade*

*use rare crystal*
*get Kos-Mos*

*open 80+ common core crystals*
All common Blades

*open Legendary core crystals*
A four crown common Blade

*open all rare core crystals*
All common Blade.

Can't resonate more Blades...

*Go to Blade menu and purge release some common Blades that don't have the good field skills and rarity...

Oh well... eyes forward...

And did I mention...

I still don't have KOS MOS? After 195+ hours of playing? And still at chapter 5?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Dissidia NT DLC got hinted at
4 males, 2 females
Three of the males are from FF8 onward, the other is from FF7 and prior. All are newcomers.
One of the females is a veteran from FF8 onward (so Yuna or Prishe), the other is a new character from FF8 onward.

The NT stands for No Tifa

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Who you got her on?

I still don't have KOS-MOS yet... Or Vale.

Meanwhile I recently got Agate who is pretty cute anyway, but now my remaining Rare Blade number is 5 and only 3 of those are random Rares (KOS-MOS, Vale and Newt.)
On Nia, since that, she is more focused on ether than the others. Plus, her defense isn't great so, if she can be as far from the enemy as possible, that's good for me. I don't know if she is the best driver for Kos-Mos, but for what I intend, the two work pretty well.
*open 80+ common core crystals*
All common Blades

*open Legendary core crystals*
A four crown common Blade

*open all rare core crystals*
All common Blade.

Can't resonate more Blades...

*Go to Blade menu and purge release some common Blades that don't have the good field skills and rarity...

Oh well... eyes forward...

And did I mention...

I still don't have KOS MOS? After 195+ hours of playing? And still at chapter 5?
It's because you don't believe in our lord and savior Turters The Architect. You need to pray every night for him before you can get Kos-Mos.

:yeahboi:

No, seriously, like you said, increase your luck, be sure to have alot of boosters. And try to fullfile your common blade affinity chart as much as possible so that your affinity in empathy, Sincerity, etc..get boosted too. And pray, pray alot.

Also, I got Kos-Mos at chapter 6, if you're curious.

Anyway, now, I can officialy go to the cool Xeno club now that I have Kos-Mos.:denzel: See you around space cowboy.

D

Deleted member

So after 2 weeks, the next FeH chapter is out.

Once again, Masked Marth/Lucina being adorable. This time in a heartwarming way. Someone give them a hug.

Also, anyone else think that the reason why Fire Emblem Heroes hasn't revealed anything major so far is that there might be info in the Direct? Sure, it's not guaranteed. But if that is the case, I feel somewhat sorry for the developers who are looking at the bored fans and just going, "Please, people. The Nintendo Direct is almost here. Just be a little patient."
I can't see the Direct(which I'm either doubting its existence or believing Nintendo moved it just to troll with us) revealing FEH stuff, the only time I can recall of it being featured in a Direct was when it was announced, and that was a FE Direct.
Still, we're getting a New Heroes trailer this Friday mosy likely, either that or expect a FEH Channel soon due to the game's anniversary

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Saitoboye posted a new artwork of best cat with her hood on; something she never does in-game I think.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

W h e r e ' s M y t h r a ? x 2
Nia sure looks cute with that hood on. Oh, what am I thinking: she looks cute either way!

I wish we got to see Nia wearing that hood in-game.

Chrono.

4 males, 2 females
Three of the males are from FF8 onward, the other is from FF7 and prior. All are newcomers.
One of the females is a veteran from FF8 onward (so Yuna or Prishe), the other is a new character from FF8 onward.

I kinda hate this guessing game bs.

That said... I wouldn't mind one of the new characters being Aranea. But with Kain in the game that seems doubtful at best. Serah is another one I'd like.

For the males, Auron and/or Noel would be legit, Zell too cause brawlers are always nice, I think Locke could be one too and I'd welcome him.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
That's definitely not happening. I don't recall any Nintendo Direct with mobile games on it. The FE Direct was where FEH was revealed, an AC direct for Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, and so on.

Still, we're getting a New Heroes trailer this Friday mosy likely, either that or expect a FEH Channel soon due to the game's anniversary
They better give us something good, because at the moment there is simpy nothing to do at the game. I do hope a FEH Channel comes soon. When is the anniversary, february?

Also, speaking of the Nintendo Direct, Nintendo posted a tweet about the last splatfest, and I can't stop laughing at people's reactions. They are really teasing this one, if it ends up being a bad direct, it's going to back fire badly. Let's hope for the best.

Ivander

Smash Legend
4 males, 2 females

Umaro confirmed. :troll:

For FF7 and prior, here's hoping for either Faris or Gilgamesh. Also, still waiting on that Gabranth. Or at least another Ivalice character.
I can't see the Direct(which I'm either doubting its existence or believing Nintendo moved it just to troll with us) revealing FEH stuff, the only time I can recall of it being featured in a Direct was when it was announced, and that was a FE Direct.
Anything can change. Well, we'll find out soon. Either way, nothing bad happens regardless on whether it's shown or not. If so, than cool. If not, than whatever. Either way, I do hope we get some news soon. They gotta find out where Corrin is at some point.

D

Deleted member

That's definitely not happening. I don't recall any Nintendo Direct with mobile games on it. The FE Direct was where FEH was revealed, an AC direct for Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, and so on.

They better give us something good, because at the moment there is simpy nothing to do at the game. I do hope a FEH Channel comes soon. When is the anniversary, february?

Also, speaking of the Nintendo Direct, Nintendo posted a tweet about the last splatfest, and I can't stop laughing at people's reactions. They are really teasing this one, if it ends up being a bad direct, it's going to back fire badly. Let's hope for the best.
February 2nd
I expect at least a Story Chapter with it and a fancier 6-month anniversary. The new Legendary Heroes banner will probably be revealed in the next FEH Channel if we get one.
Hopefully we get Brave Hector :'^)
I'd whale for him
Gamestop tweeted this out and promptly deleted it

hmm...

This is either the worst kept secret in the entire history of humanity or the biggest ruse of them all
Umaro confirmed. :troll:

For FF7 and prior, here's hoping for either Faris or Gilgamesh. Also, still waiting on that Gabranth. Or at least another Ivalice character.

Anything can change. Well, we'll find out soon. Either way, nothing bad happens regardless on whether it's shown or not. If so, than cool. If not, than whatever. Either way, I do hope we get some news soon. They gotta find out where Corrin is at some point.
Oh yeah, Corrin, I keep forgetting about him.
I have a theory he'll be the reward for a nee kind of event, the repetitive nature of TT and VG was one thing I saw a lot complain about in the survey

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Anyone remember Yume Nikki, that game with the girl who explores her dreams? Well, today Steam has officially released the game after many years and it's a free download.

D

Deleted member

Yikes...Somewhat? Is it that that hard to be specific?
Is about later chapter plot? Side quests? Characters?
"A disclaimer here, for my safety... I didn't open the spoiler tag...."
It's not a big spoiler per se, but it's related to a boss you fight several times starting by the end of Chapter 5, so I put in spoiler tags to avoid any trouble.

Tora maid fetish never bothered me. One because it remind me of Dragon Maid, and that's a good thing. And secondly, I can't really call him on it because...let's say that I have a few fetish too. So I can kinda relate to him I guess?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man my leg has been in intense pain, I barely slept last night, can hardly walk, am nauseous, and a whole lot of other stuff. I can barely do anything, so I probably won't be posting here today.

I hope a direct is at least announced though.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, Corrin, I keep forgetting about him.
I have a theory he'll be the reward for a nee kind of event, the repetitive nature of TT and VG was one thing I saw a lot complain about in the survey
There better be a skeleton version at some point so we can do "I can wait" memes.

Well, while I do hope for a new event, since IS has been wanting to make a new mode according the the survey, I can't quite see a new mode happening this soon. Maybe for the Anniversary event....not so much within the next week. But still, release Corrin soon, IS.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
This is either the worst kept secret in the entire history of humanity or the biggest ruse of them all
I want a Jan 11 direct consisting of nothing but someone at Nintendo emailing and posting fake leaks.

Call Bill Trinen perhaps.

Anyone remember Yume Nikki, that game with the girl who explores her dreams? Well, today Steam has officially released the game after many years and it's a free download.
Shoe beat you to it above.

....you've actually tested this....?
See now that's an implication.

Although I guess how else would one know?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's not a big spoiler per se, but it's related to a boss you fight several times starting by the end of Chapter 5, so I put in spoiler tags to avoid any trouble.

We like alot of the same things it seem, huh? Not that I am complaining, 'glad to see another man of culture.:roypm:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This is the game where the character Uboa is from, I believe- who I believe inspired Gaster's design. The only reason why I know this is cause of fanart collecting.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Dunno why people are so excited over this Direct (or supposive Direct). It's probably not going to be much different from the recent ones we have.

Really the only reason i'm looking forward to it is to see if there's any verbal confirmation of a new Smash Bros game like E3 2011 and what exactly the new Smash game is (Port or New Game).

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Dunno why people are so excited over this Direct (or supposive Direct). It's probably not going to be much different from the recent ones we have.

Really the only reason i'm looking forward to it is to see if there's any verbal confirmation of a new Smash Bros game like E3 2011 and what exactly the new Smash game is (Port or New Game).
I just want animal crossing to fill my empty soul

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No, seriously, like you said, increase your luck, be sure to have alot of boosters. And try to fullfile your common blade affinity chart as much as possible so that your affinity in empathy, Sincerity, etc..get boosted too. And pray, pray alot.
Yeah, it seems that I forgot to equip that for the whole time, and I only have 3 rare Blades left to get, no wonder.
Nia sure looks cute with that hood on. Oh, what am I thinking: she looks cute either way!

I wish we got to see Nia wearing that hood in-game.
Yeah... Just if they add that small feature where Nia where's the hood during rains and showers would be cool.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I just want animal crossing to fill my empty soul
Those kind of announcements usually don't happen until E3 really.

E3 is really the only time people can get their hopes up for big games and stuff. Otherwise they're very likely to leave disappointed. I only really liked Directs in the past because of Smash Bros trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom