• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think it's more along the lines of how with fiction, anything can be made anything. I mean, in Guilty Gear, there's Dizzy, a human-looking Gear who became a full grown adult in 3 years and had a child at around the Age of 3-5. Basically, as humans, we can frick around with fiction to our whims desire just cause we can.
But we are talking about FE lore, which basically assumes Dragons function the same as humans when in human form in its universe(I mean, we HAVE to assume that considering they don't seem to have cold blood and can actually reproduce with one another). With artificial humans and other species, you can do whatever you want, sure, but that's because there weren't any rules set for them.
FE rides that Dragons are similar to humans so we have to go by that logic unless stated otherwise
Unfortunate implications? I mean, what exactly does it matter when America is just going to age bump them?
Because that shouldn't be necessary and I don't want to strangle an elitist whining on how the localisation ruined the perfect intention of the author or some bull**** like that

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Anyone else looking forward to AGDQ starting on Sunday?
Me.

Im just hoping for a glitchless run of Contra III; I know the purpose is finishing it quickly, but the glitch run they did last time felt like ****.

Ivander

Smash Legend
But we are talking about FE lore, which basically assumes Dragons function the same as humans when in human form in its universe(I mean, we HAVE to assume that considering they don't seem to have cold blood and can actually reproduce with one another). With artificial humans and other species, you can do whatever you want, sure, but that's because there weren't any rules set for them.
FE rides that Dragons are similar to humans so we have to go by that logic unless stated otherwise
And yet FE introduced different parallel spaces where Time moves differently. There is a reason the Fates kids exist. Sure, it still applies human physics and for the kids, they were living for years, yet this quote has to remind us that years certainly didn't apply to the parents.
Sophie: Daddy...it HAS just been weeks for you. I'd barely be opening my eyes by now if I'd stayed in this world.
Because that shouldn't be necessary and I don't want to strangle an elitist whining on how the localisation ruined the perfect intention of the author or some bull**** like that
You're going to get that regardless on what they do with the characters' Ages. Heck, I can tell you safely that they will do it with Lyn, regardless on if they changed it already with the first game. Because they don't care.
And why should you care when you already accept the US Localization ages as your lord and saviour? *gets fish-slapped for trying to add some low-grade humor*

D

Deleted member

I have never played Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time in my life... I need to play those! I know a lot about the game but a guide ( especially Ocarina of Time ) would be pretty nice. I heard those two were great and popular games. The soundtrack was very deep and peaceful.
I could say the same for Minecraft's soundtrack, but no one wants to talk about Minecraft ( because you know ). Sorry if I made you cringe.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

And yet FE introduced different parallel spaces where Time moves differently. There is a reason the Fates kids exist. Sure, it still applies human physics and for the kids, they were living for years, yet this quote has to remind us that years certainly didn't apply to the parents.
I fail to see how Babyrealms has anything to do with how Dragons work in the FE universe.
Hell, despite everything, Fates still got the Dragon lore perfectly
You're going to get that regardless on what they do with the characters' Ages. Heck, I can tell you safely that they will do it with Lyn, regardless on if they changed it already with the first game. Because they don't care.
And why should you care when you already accept the US Localization ages as your lord and saviour? *gets fish-slapped for trying to add some low-grade humor*
But you're the one trying to argue that Ninian is younger than she is. The game already gives every reason to believe she's the same age as Eliwood, nothing needs to be changed.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I’ve gotten more rares from commons that I’m just thinking of selling the rare and legendary cores when I get them.
I already got 99 common core crystals already.... and again, it might be because your idea isn't enough, you need to unlock your Blade's affinity chart to raise your idea...

So yeah... just because you think that rare core crystals and legendary core crystal has the same chance as common core crystals then your're wrong... and selling them rather than resonate them is a bad idea imho.

I tend to get most of my rare blades from rare crystal or sidequest blades.
I think there area only like... 3 that requires to complete their sidequests in order to get them.
Of the 10 rares I got, only the loli tank came from a rare core.
Electra? I got her from common core crystals, I think...

If you reach to Mor Ardain already, you might get a info on about a greedy monster appearing in the Chanslegh wastes....

And don't forget that core crystal in Gormott that sells 500,000 G.
After days of saving and looking at stores, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is on my hands.
Didn't buy Special edition LOL? JK, nice, have fun with the game!

I am sure you will be loving all the cutsenese that involve you, like that Rex and Mythra bed scene.
Hey, try not to spoil anything....
That scene is the part that I sort of think was really unnecessary.
Finished Chapter 1. Spoilerless impressions.

-I played the first Xenoblade to the point I wiped my *** with the Superbosses. But I found myself spamming A to try doing auto-attacks in this game.
-Music is a NUT/10
-I admit Mythra Roja is hot and can move.
- W E L S H A C C E N T

Now for spoilers:
-I thought Nia and Rex knew each other before the events of the game.
-Seeing Malos taking the aggro and then getting cornered just to literally **** on the monster's face never got old.
-Bana is gangsta
-"Don't get cocky, you little ****!"
-Azurda MVP
- Um... why? They already said you have to stand still to auto attack... it can be annoying at first, but after that I'm used to it.
- I mean... it's Xenoblade, its music has to be amazing.
- You will get Mythra... until chapter 12 I think...
-I actually still think Nia's English voice isn't that good... her Japanese voice was obviously a typical catgirl voice. Her "NYAHHHH~~~" after finishing a chain attack is adorable.

Fist off, I don't like talking about spoilers... so the more chapter you progressed the more I recommend you to stop talking about spoilers.
- Well... looks like they don't, which is even more interesting.
- And yeah, there are swears....
- Azurda just knows EVERYBODY...

Remember the joke in 2017 where Nintendo Life guy said Swich has too many games?
I thought that joke was wild in November where there were indeed so many games coming in that month.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I fail to see how Babyrealms has anything to do with how Dragons work in the FE universe.
Hell, despite everything, Fates still got the Dragon lore perfectly

But you're the one trying to argue that Ninian is younger than she is. The game already gives every reason to believe she's the same age as Eliwood, nothing needs to be changed.
I thought I was arguing how she might not be as old as people believe, which is different from saying that she is younger than people think. Saying that someone might not be as old as people think is different as that is not saying that someone is that much younger compared to what people think. Just cause I'm saying she might not be around Eliwood/Lyn's age doesn't mean I'm saying she is like 8 or 9(which would be more horrifying.
And I thought I already commented on how my one reply was stupid and stuff. Also, when you do have artificial beings like Grima and realms that mess with time, being close to FE Lore doesn't really mean anything. Nothing is going to stop them from adding stuff later to fit whatever they want.

Anyway, if this argument is starting to get tense, I'll stop before it gets more tense. Let's see:

> os.remove("members/@Ivander.mem")

Error detected.

Edit: Since that one didn't work the first time....

>os.remove("members/@Ivander.mem")

@Ivander.mem deleted successfully.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy ****

Steven Universe actually dropped a major plot reveal in stranded!

WE FINALLY SAW PINK DIAMOND!

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
What the ****. I'm calling the FBI on everyone in here debating the finer points of sexualizing children

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Some conversations make me feel kinda glad that Skyrim is mopping up all of my attention.

Others make me feel a little silly for being out of the loop. Ahoy, interesting Steven Universe plot stuff!

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
So I finally 100% completed Super Mario Odyssey, and while I was deleting all the hint art photos, I forgot I took this right before the final boss

D

Deleted member

We got a leak/rumor bois, and it's a biggy. Take your rationed grain of salt

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...ers-themes-youtube-chat-rooms-and-more.14621/

From 4chan so extra suspicious of course
- themes
- cloud storage
- icon sorting
- party chat
- virtual console
- media apps
- system level microphone support
- internet browser
It's just an edited Little Mac
- icon sorting
About ****ing time
SIGN ME THE **** UP

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...ers-themes-youtube-chat-rooms-and-more.14621/

- themes
- cloud storage
- icon sorting
- party chat
- virtual console
- media apps
- internet browser
DAMN!

If this is true, that's LITERALLY all kinds of things I wanted and it's awesome!

If this is fake, the "leaker" did a really good job.

D

Deleted member

That's a real photo from BotW. You can get Rex's outfit in a free update.
Oh, my bad. I need to start playing BOTW again. I am trying to fight Ganon in beginner mode. It is possible; I can do it.
Hey, try not to spoil anything....
That scene is the part that I sort of think was really unnecessary.
My bad. I fixed the scene to make it a spoiler alert. Why do you think it was really unnecessary? I liked that scene.
What the ****. I'm calling the FBI on everyone in here debating the finer points of sexualizing children
Thank you so much, sexualizing children is highly wrong in my opinion.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

- themes
- cloud storage
- icon sorting
- party chat
- virtual console
- media apps
- internet browser
Old YouTube logo and there's problems with the data storage.
Mario Kart is downloaded but the space it takes up doesn't fit either the sd card nor the space in the Switch itself.
Additionally it isn't archived either.

Also:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2900342/

The keyword is "indicate" however. It's not a solid deconfirmation, yet.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
Old YouTube logo and there's problems with the data storage.
Mario Kart is downloaded but the space it takes up doesn't fit either the sd card nor the space in the Switch itself.
Additionally it isn't archived either.

Also:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2900342/

The keyword is "indicate" however. It's not a solid deconfirmation, yet.

I'm of the opinion that having FW leak, of all things, is absurdly shady, but everyone seemed to be talking about it, and this thread is usually ages behind anyway.

And no one has analyzed a damn leak in years.

D

Deleted member

Additionally it isn't archived either
What are you talking about? MK8D is 6,75 GB and all the storage options shown in the video have more than enough space to storage it

D

Deleted member

Holy ****

Just watched it too
The most important thing to take from this is that Pink Diamond was an emo teen

Damn, makes you wonder what really went with her assassination, if it really was one of the Diamonds, why and how would they kill their younger sister?
Look at the filled space.
It's not enough.

Oh, you mean the used space doesn't match it.
Well, there are other apps downloaded, probably even more that we can't see that fill up even more space

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Holy ****

okay thats just 2b from neir automata in the thumbnail turned pink

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well, there are other apps downloaded, probably even more that we can't see that fill up even more space

The total space taken up is less than the space MK8D takes up.

D

Deleted member

Apparently, Anime Strike was cancelled, so all the anime it had is now simply avaible on Amazon Prime. Good to see Amazon actually listens to complaints.
Now, can Netflix simulcast, or at least release episodes a week after they are released?

Uhm, I think you're getting a little bit confused.
Switch has 32GB at default.
MK8D is 6,75GB
Remaining space shown was 23,9GB

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My bad. I fixed the scene to make it a spoiler alert. Why do you think it was really unnecessary? I liked that scene.
I like that scene too, but that scene was a bit of an obvious fanservice scene...

Just what how big is your SD card? I tend to buy games physical...
I got 64 GB SD card for my Switch, and it still has plenty of storage even after I bought a lot of games.
If your Switch can't even fit MK8 Deluxe... then perhaps you already have lots of games downloaded... I mean A HELL LOT...

D

Deleted member

23,9GB is around the stuff it defaults to because parts of the 32GB is taken for overall system features and updates.
Oh, it takes that stuff into account? I didn't know that.
Couldn't it possibly be in the SD card then? It says 12,9GB remaining though I don't know how much it could have on total.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Uhm, I think you're getting a little bit confused.
Switch has 32GB at default.
MK8D is 6,75GB
Remaining space shown was 23,9GB
Switch actually only has 25.9gb of actual storage for games. Part of the 32gb is for other stuff.

SD cards also have less actual space than they're marketed as too

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Switch actually only has 25.9gb of actual storage for games. Part of the 32gb is for other stuff.

In comparison the Xbox One X can have 2 TB max, whil the PS4 Pro can have 1 TB max. Interesting opinion of SD cards having less actual space than they are marketed as. You might be right, I get these SD cards or graphic cards occasionally.
I like that scene too, but that scene was a bit of an obvious fanservice scene...
What is wrong with it being "too fanservicey?"? I see it brings joy into people, which is something Nintendo would do.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just what how big is your SD card? I tend to buy games physical...
I got 64 GB SD card for my Switch, and it still has plenty of storage even after I bought a lot of games.
If your Switch can't even fit MK8 Deluxe... then perhaps you already have lots of games downloaded... I mean A HELL LOT...

Read the whole context...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

If SD cards are around 5-10 GB short than the actual storage... like my SanDisk 64 GB card actually has around 58.5 GB.

If you buy a 64 GB card and turn out to have only 15 GB, then it's probably fraud...

Interesting opinion of SD cards having less actual space than they are marketed as.
That's a common sense to some extent... just not too much... to prevent getting SD cards way lower than they actually were, back big brand cards such as SanDisk, Samsung, or Transcend... never buy those Nintendo deal quality HORI SD cards...

What is wrong with it being "too fanservicey?"? I see it brings joy into people, which is something Nintendo would do.
I never say it's wrong bruh LOL.
That said, despite I like fanservice, I never like pure fanservice games such as Gal Gun, that Senran Kagura massage game on Switch, DOA Beachball Extreme.... XC2 just has some fanserivcey outfits and cutscenes, that one didn't urk me or anything but I still think it might be unnecessary... or perhaps that does forshawdow something...
Hell...
Even that hotsrpring scene where Nia sort of awe Mythra's body... during the hotspring scene... yeah, some folks actually considers hot spring scene a fanserivice... when it's actually not since we don't really see any explicit view on their boobs, only ****... funny is that many artist got their Mythra and Pyra's nude fanart all wrong... even Blades still have their core crystals on their chest even when they are naked...
Just think fanservice as salt or any seasoning, I like when it is added to the right meal or the right amount, but I don't like with it's my ONLY food, or just doesn't fit right.

And for those who plays Splatoon 2...

Last edited:

Chrono.

Started watching Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas for pretty much no reason. Though I did watch a lot of Los Caballeros del Zodiaco when I was like 5.

I don't know exactly what I expected but this show is pretty grim.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just watched it too
The most important thing to take from this is that Pink Diamond was an emo teen

Damn, makes you wonder what really went with her assassination, if it really was one of the Diamonds, why and how would they kill their younger sister?

This is true. I'm curious how it went down. I think Yellow did it by mistake out of anger somehow.

Or Pink did something with Yellow's stuff that set off events leading to her shattering.

I wonder though, could the nephrite we saw be centipeedle? That be a pretty good tie back.

I also really liked how Lar's had bad thoughts at first about sadie not caring, but it was great to see him realize how to fully change and Stevonnie being used to explain to him how he was seeing things wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom