• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I wouldn't ignore those who are fairly critical on Nintendo like Reviewtechusa, Yongyea, Nintendo Beyond (Previously Bitblock), and Blunty etc....
Yes, Stonefoxmedia, Shokio, and Blackbond I don't care about not just because they are just Nintendo haters, it's because they are criticizing Nintendo with a nonsense mindset. I'm almost going to ignore SMD64 if his videos are the same type of nonsense...
Also funny is how Blackbond Stonefoxmedia says the Nintendo "fanboys" are always damage control on Nintendo Switch when there really isn't any, sort of.
Spawnwave is probably the best Nintendo/ Gaming channel that recently emerged in 2017.

OJ from Playeressence is doing a live chat right now, and he basically debunks on some of the points in his video and the other video I shared even though I do agree Nintendo Switch system storage is not so great.

I mean, yeah,it's better to ignore nonsense negative Switch videos, but it's really worth of a watch on those constructive ones.
I think TheBitBlock counts as far more than "fairly critical".

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I remember BitBlock having the most bitter non-Corrin Smash Bros reaction I'd ever seen, so I've made a wide circle around them just for that.

It seems like I'm not missing much.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
BitBlock should just be filed under "Petulant manchild with abhorrent views that throws his toys out of the pram to get attention" and left well alone

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Soooo if we're gonna talk about MHA, I want in. I've had a rant in my mind ever since this started. Spoilers ahead.
My favorite arc in all the manga up to current, is the Final Exams. Coincidentally, that's what we've seen animated recently, and the changes that the anime has done make me really, really, REALLY mad.
First off, the fights we barely saw. So basically anything that isn't Deku and Bakugo vs All Might or Todoroki and Best Girl vs Eraser Head. What really annoys me about how every other fight was done was how they made all the fights seem incredibly fast. The two prominently shown were the only ones that looked like they took 10 minutes or more (and I haven't seen the latest episode so I'm betting the All Might fight is only around 15-20 minutes real time). Why does this annoy me? Because everyone has 30 WHOLE MINUTES. Not to mention that The two fights prominently shown were the ones were the kids were the first two teams to win. You can see in the manga when Izuku looks at the monitors that aside from his team and the Two-Face/Best Girl team, everyone else is still fighting. Meaning the fights are not short. For example, Kirishima and Sato vs Cementoss. That fight in the anime must have been no more than 10 minutes real time, when they go the full time. Same for Kaminari and Mina vs Nedzu. Both are over in a flash. Both in the manga take the whole half hour. In addition, retired from fighting due to exhaustion? please. The fact that they took that long, and both teams were still standing when they failed, shows they managed to hold out but nooo you just shut the door on them. The one that annoys me the most is Mineta vs Midnight. I hate that piece of fruity trash with all my heart, but I gotta admit, shortening hsi fight is not something that should have happened (I also refuse to acknowledge that as his "moment" but that's just me). The fact that it was that long in the manga shows he was able to hold out against Midnight for longer than expected. Inaddition, it ruins some fights that I really wanted to see. Snipe's fight must have been awesome if Deku described it as a fast paced hide and seek with quirks. What did we get? 5 minutes or so real time, or Shoji being distracting and hagakure using her nakedness to her advantage (and it doesn't explain how Snipe didn't see handcuffs floating in the air and/or get suspicious of that_. Plus in the manga it's said they got out through the gate, and you can see most-all the pillars are riddles with bullets. Anime? one maybe two get hit by bullets. Like the others, it was incredibly underwhelming, and ruined fights that had a ton of potential.
The second and biggest flaw with the anime adaptation, that grinds my gears: THE FIGHTS ARE NOT ALL AT ONCE. This is VERY important to the arc (albeit unimportant to the overall story), and the fact that they disregarded it really irks me. In the manga they all fight at the same time. Instead we get one at a time with multiple people monitoring fights alongside deku, as well as people getting advantages over others by being able to prepare more for fights, and watch fights to learn, which is unfair to those who get to go first. The whole point of deku watching in the manga was for him to watch how others fought and learn from them on his own, not for others to do the same. In addition, it links to the first point. When the first team wins, it's announced, which puts more pressure on Mineta, and makes his "moment" a little better. Plus there is the Aoyama/Uraraka moment which in the show Lida brings up, but in the manga she does not visit deku, and it is not brought up. We know from later scenes that she likes him anyway, so that whole scene was completely unnecessary.
tl:dr, I hate how the anime did the Final Exams.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok, so what is everyone's opinion on Doom 3? I remember liking it a lot when I got the BFG Edition but now going back to it I had to force myself through the game. Literally. I had to force myself to play it. It's sooooooo tedious. The whole game is just annoying to me. The atmosphere is cool but atmosphere can only take you so far with boring gameplay and cheap jump scares. Maybe it's just me.

I do love the journey to hell though. But you're literally in there for like a whole 30 minutes. Literally 99% of the game takes place in a dank ass, dark, boring as hell space station.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think TheBitBlock counts as far more than "fairly critical".
Yeah, that's why he's been on a break for a while.
Saltblock threw an emotional hissy fit at the newest Mario Party game for no reason and screams at people who like things he doesn't, including Smash 4 dlc, attacks smaller youtube channels for finding success, doxxed Nintendo employees and threatened their safety, recorded himself masterbating, etc. He isn't 'fairly critical', he's a guy who needs to go to a therapist. There's a reason we call him SaltBlock here too
Probably because it's on the 3DS rather than on the Switch? That was my disappointment when I saw it.
It's not like I am defending him or anything, hell I think it's more reasonable for you guys to dislike Bitbolck (Now Nintendo Beyond ok?) then disliking Etika. Yes, I know Etika has fair and share of disgusting acts and not everyone here likes him but I like his content because he is positive and just plain funny.
As for threatening Nintendo employees and stuff, again, sad to hear but I need proof as well.
He did have a debate with Reviewtechusa before about the Switch and it was pretty good.
It's also possible for you to disagree with a Youtuber's opinion but still enjoy his content, if his content isn't good anymore I will definitely just unsub.

Blunty did used to have one of the most abysmal criticism Switch videos I've ever seen before he tried out the Switch. It shows that he is willing to change his opinions and I also enjoy his videos about many tech stuff.

D

Deleted member

Soooo if we're gonna talk about MHA, I want in. I've had a rant in my mind ever since this started. Spoilers ahead.
My favorite arc in all the manga up to current, is the Final Exams. Coincidentally, that's what we've seen animated recently, and the changes that the anime has done make me really, really, REALLY mad.
First off, the fights we barely saw. So basically anything that isn't Deku and Bakugo vs All Might or Todoroki and Best Girl vs Eraser Head. What really annoys me about how every other fight was done was how they made all the fights seem incredibly fast. The two prominently shown were the only ones that looked like they took 10 minutes or more (and I haven't seen the latest episode so I'm betting the All Might fight is only around 15-20 minutes real time). Why does this annoy me? Because everyone has 30 WHOLE MINUTES. Not to mention that The two fights prominently shown were the ones were the kids were the first two teams to win. You can see in the manga when Izuku looks at the monitors that aside from his team and the Two-Face/Best Girl team, everyone else is still fighting. Meaning the fights are not short. For example, Kirishima and Sato vs Cementoss. That fight in the anime must have been no more than 10 minutes real time, when they go the full time. Same for Kaminari and Mina vs Nedzu. Both are over in a flash. Both in the manga take the whole half hour. In addition, retired from fighting due to exhaustion? please. The fact that they took that long, and both teams were still standing when they failed, shows they managed to hold out but nooo you just shut the door on them. The one that annoys me the most is Mineta vs Midnight. I hate that piece of fruity trash with all my heart, but I gotta admit, shortening hsi fight is not something that should have happened (I also refuse to acknowledge that as his "moment" but that's just me). The fact that it was that long in the manga shows he was able to hold out against Midnight for longer than expected. Inaddition, it ruins some fights that I really wanted to see. Snipe's fight must have been awesome if Deku described it as a fast paced hide and seek with quirks. What did we get? 5 minutes or so real time, or Shoji being distracting and hagakure using her nakedness to her advantage (and it doesn't explain how Snipe didn't see handcuffs floating in the air and/or get suspicious of that_. Plus in the manga it's said they got out through the gate, and you can see most-all the pillars are riddles with bullets. Anime? one maybe two get hit by bullets. Like the others, it was incredibly underwhelming, and ruined fights that had a ton of potential.
The second and biggest flaw with the anime adaptation, that grinds my gears: THE FIGHTS ARE NOT ALL AT ONCE. This is VERY important to the arc (albeit unimportant to the overall story), and the fact that they disregarded it really irks me. In the manga they all fight at the same time. Instead we get one at a time with multiple people monitoring fights alongside deku, as well as people getting advantages over others by being able to prepare more for fights, and watch fights to learn, which is unfair to those who get to go first. The whole point of deku watching in the manga was for him to watch how others fought and learn from them on his own, not for others to do the same. In addition, it links to the first point. When the first team wins, it's announced, which puts more pressure on Mineta, and makes his "moment" a little better. Plus there is the Aoyama/Uraraka moment which in the show Lida brings up, but in the manga she does not visit deku, and it is not brought up. We know from later scenes that she likes him anyway, so that whole scene was completely unnecessary.
tl:dr, I hate how the anime did the Final Exams.
So, you wanted each fight to last 30 minutes? Disregarding the fact they obviously can't do that, Manga pacing is subjective and an author can make a single panel feel like a second or a minute if they want.
Dragging out the fights would be a terrible choice because they clearly don't have the time for that.

The fights happening one at a time was done so they could properly focus on each one of them they didn't just "disregard" them, the Manga just skimmed over most fights so it didn't need to bother with jumping from one to another constantly(and obviously to not deag out the arc like it did in the Sports Festival arc) but in the anime we see most of them in their entirety and the rest we see at least most of it(such as Uraraka and Aoyama vs. Thirteen).

Like, sure some fights felt short(such as Iida and Tailguy vs. Random Pro Hero Whose Name I Also Don't Remember) but we see ALL OF IT, how much they last isn't as important as how long they appear ONSCREEN proportionally to what it lasted.

Tl;dr just because they changed it, foesn't mean it sucks

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, that's why he's been on a break for a while.

Probably because it's on the 3DS rather than on the Switch? That was my disappointment when I saw it.
It's not like I am defending him or anything, hell I think it's more reasonable for you guys to dislike Bitbolck (Now Nintendo Beyond ok?) then disliking Etika. Yes, I know Etika has fair and share of disgusting acts and not everyone here likes him but I like his content because he is positive and just plain funny.
As for threatening Nintendo employees and stuff, again, sad to hear but I need proof as well.
He did have a debate with Reviewtechusa before about the Switch and it was pretty good.
It's also possible for you to disagree with a Youtuber's opinion but still enjoy his content, if his content isn't good anymore I will definitely just unsub.

Blunty did used to have one of the most abysmal criticism Switch videos I've ever seen before he tried out the Switch. It shows that he is willing to change his opinions and I also enjoy his videos about many tech stuff.
He said he'd put everyone in a Nintendo building on fire in his 'Top 100 devs' rant or something. Can't find the source but he was emailed by a Nintendo employee and out of anger he wouldn't get free stuff from them, he posted the employee's twitter account and email address (he took the email address from the email he got and tracked her down on twitter)

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah baby, my Wii U came back to life so I can finally play Smash again.
It has been a long time since I played it so I'n happy I can finnaly do it

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Anyone fancy playing Pokken? Not a lot is happening at uni tonight.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
hell I think it's more reasonable for you guys to dislike Bitbolck (Now Nintendo Beyond ok?) then disliking Etika.
We dislike Bitblock a whole lot more.

Worst thing Etika has ever done is being kind of dumb.

Bitblock is honestly a mean, petty and sociopathic human being.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My problem with a lot of Nintendo game channels is that they literally search for drama. Etika and BitBlock are two of the worst, Playeressence has had his fair share, and it all just gets so exhausting. That's why, as much hate as they get, I salute GameXplain, Maximilian Dood, etc. because any drama on their channels is because the stuff happens to them instead of them actively looking for it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
My problem with a lot of Nintendo game channels is that they literally search for drama. Etika and BitBlock are two of the worst, Playeressence has had his fair share, and it all just gets so exhausting. That's why, as much hate as they get, I salute GameXplain, Maximilian Dood, etc. because any drama on their channels is because the stuff happens to them instead of them actively looking for it.
Only drama I know out of em is started from Saltblock on GX's case and Maximillian saying a bunch kf gibberish and accidentally saying the N word during it lr something

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Is it bad of me to say I still watch bitblocks stuff sometime? Like, Im sure its ok for me to like the content of a person everyone hates, right? Like Jontron and, well I was gonna say Etika but his hyperness is even to much for me, someone with adhd

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Is it bad of me to say I still watch bitblocks stuff sometime? Like, Im sure its ok for me to like the content of a person everyone hates, right? Like Jontron and, well I was gonna say Etika but his hyperness is even to much for me, someone with adhd
He has some good stuff when he's not behaving like a sociopathic manchild, like Make Believe.

Shame that kind of stuff only happens once every few months though...

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Of course. There's nothing wrong with that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I believe this mentality is bad but for Saltblock it's interesting. He's seemingly melting down of stress trying to one up GameXplain and other Nintendo based channels

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Josh Thomas is just a shell of his former self.

He has talent, and I loved his stuff during the Wii era, but his hateful and petty attitude is what keeps me away content.

He acts so shocked and mad that Nintendo doesn't send him free stuff. Yet with all the things he's said and done, no company would want to be associated with you, period.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watching gameplay footage of Beat Sports on Apple TV. I'm really excited that its getting a Switch release (though I wonder why the Switch version has a "Super" prefix).

Also, the game's artstyle is so ****ing CUTE!

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
So, you wanted each fight to last 30 minutes? Disregarding the fact they obviously can't do that, Manga pacing is subjective and an author can make a single panel feel like a second or a minute if they want.
Dragging out the fights would be a terrible choice because they clearly don't have the time for that.

The fights happening one at a time was done so they could properly focus on each one of them they didn't just "disregard" them, the Manga just skimmed over most fights so it didn't need to bother with jumping from one to another constantly(and obviously to not deag out the arc like it did in the Sports Festival arc) but in the anime we see most of them in their entirety and the rest we see at least most of it(such as Uraraka and Aoyama vs. Thirteen).

Like, sure some fights felt short(such as Iida and Tailguy vs. Random Pro Hero Whose Name I Also Don't Remember) but we see ALL OF IT, how much they last isn't as important as how long they appear ONSCREEN proportionally to what it lasted.

Tl;dr just because they changed it, foesn't mean it sucks

Not necessarily, no, but they shouldn't have been that short either.
Yeah, we saw all of it, not saying it sucks because it's different, just saying it felt really underwhelming to see fights we barely saw in the manga be hyped up by commentary, and then not be that much on screen, but I guess I shouldn't have had expectations too high.....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ayone else find Tiki's accent odd? Especially considering she's the only one with one?
I guess it could be hand waved by her being a Manakete with Divine Dragon blood, so her accent denotes prestige.

She had an accent (though more slight) in her Awakening appearance, so at least it's consistent.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Mother****ing pizza for dinner hell yeah
I don't really enjoy my university's pizza.
He said he'd put everyone in a Nintendo building on fire in his 'Top 100 devs' rant or something. Can't find the source but he was emailed by a Nintendo employee and out of anger he wouldn't get free stuff from them, he posted the employee's twitter account and email address (he took the email address from the email he got and tracked her down on twitter)
Even if that video is like a long time ago it is very pathetic for him to do that.

I'm also curious how you guys think about OJ from PlayerEssence, my stance on Nintendo Switch is mostly with him, and yes I do like his Youtuber channel and even as a person because he is a huge fan of Xenoblade Chronicles like me and some other Japan only titles. I may be called a sheep for saying this but I am mostly on par with his thoughts and opinions minus the voice chat and online, I think Switch online is garbage whereas OJ doesn't really care about that and said just use Discord.

Speaking of Discord, they said they are interested of making the app on the Switch, but I don't think that's possible for now since Nintendo might know that if Discord is on Switch then they might have to kill their online app.

We dislike Bitblock a whole lot more.

Worst thing Etika has ever done is being kind of dumb.

Bitblock is honestly a mean, petty and sociopathic human being.
I already understand, I personally have more distaste on Josh more when it comes to his opinions, but hey, at least he was positive on Switch and think the console will be a success.

Yeah, not everyone like dumb people, but Etika is starting to change that... ever since he got fooled back in E3 2017. Hell, I just really like his dumb attitude that's all.

Actually I'm going to correct you when you say worst thing he ever done is being dumb, his worst thing ever done was fooling everyone that he got a Nintendo Switch back in November.

And to be honest, I don't tend to enjoy him taking shots whenever someone donate him 100 dollars in a livestream...
Etika and BitBlock are two of the worst
I don't recall Etika searches for drama, he is just known for being dumb, exaggerating his reactions (Which this is what made him famous for), and made a stupid statement and bet (Still waiting for that nutsack sandwitch lol). He says that he doesn't want to be a Nintendo news channel anyway.

That's why, as much hate as they get, I salute GameXplain, Maximilian Dood, etc.
I respect Gamexplain, but I give my salute to Spawnwave. Because Gamexplain mostly just out mostly Nintendo content, but Spawnwave even though he gives out news from all sorts, he give it informatively and well constructed.
I also enjoy Rule of 2 Review which is a small channel but I really like because he also give out discussions and take his opinions and thoughts with care.
Also plase vote Maximillian dood at this year's Game Joystick awards~~~~

NintendoBeyond (BitBlock), Etika (No shame to say one of my fav), and Johntron I still sub them and watch their videos, so no problem there.
I don't think there's a channel that we mentioned above that "everyone hates", yes that also includes channels like SMD64 Blackb0nd, Stonefoxmedia etc... that even though they have made dumb statements on Nintendo. There people out there agrees with him... or just watch their content to see what kind of dumb stuff they talk about.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was pretty hyped about that Make Believe series until Nintendo claimed it
Remember, he was the one who made the fake Smash Switch leak... which once again a lot of people including me to some degree almost believe it was real.
On a scale of 1-10 how bad is your unis pizza?
It wasn't bad... I just think it's too salty and makes me feel full easily.

I would... give it a 4, 6 if I got full.

And geez, the more I watch Little Witch Academia Chamber if Time's gameplay trailer (I think I messed up the title before) ... the more I think this game should be on Switch...
If they did in 2018 when it arrives to the west and also have a special edition for the Switch? I will basically just grab my wallet and threw it at BandaiNamco and TRIGGER. (Sorry... for using another Etika reference...I mean you might notice I often take quotes from his past videos because they just sticks in my head...)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't recall Etika searches for drama, he is just known for being dumb, exaggerating his reactions (Which this is what made him famous for), and made a stupid statement and bet (Still waiting for that nutsack sandwitch lol). He says that he doesn't want to be a Nintendo news channel anyway.
Something, something KingNappy. Something, something Fake Switch.
Something, something that one dude he exposed on his YouTube account.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh I remember that second case. I think it was NateWantstoBattle. Nate claimed some youtuber ***** his girlfriend as she was drunk out one night, but that turned out to be false, which he apologized for

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Your Scizor messed me up badly game 2, it was clean!

In any event thanks for playing. :)
Part of why I did so good is I put all the level ups into attack and some defense.

Also the second battle I misclicked I meant Darkrai not Croagunk. Even though I lost it was still pretty fun.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm on the same boat. Sometimes my university's pizza can be good, but if I want a pizza I usually run down to Little Caesars.
Glad that there's quite a lot of pizza stare near my university when you think about it...
I remember someone mentioned it in his recent stream, but I didn't care much about it. And I sub KingNappy too, and Etika did make sense back in the stream.
I did mention that fake Switch on my last post, that was his worst prank. Even though it was pretty easy to tell it was fake, and his Switch trailer was funny to me.
I want to know who... and when...wait...
Oh I remember that second case. I think it was NateWantstoBattle. Nate claimed some youtuber ***** his girlfriend as she was drunk out one night, but that turned out to be false, which he apologized for
Oh yeah, it was 2 years ago and he just says that false accusations is wrong (According to the title), it was a 20 minute video though so I might need to watch the entire video and see if Etika said somethings controversial.
With that said, I'm confused and doubt that just these alone will make someone dislike Etika, if you just don't like his personality being dumb and jerky, hey, that's totally fine. But saying he is as worst as Josh... is really just own personal statement, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom