• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It'd be cool if Splatoon 2 released 3 stages as dlc together soon cause like... I'm starting to get bored of the current ones.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think there are people in pokemon go that have 1 member of the group on a different team so they can defeat gyms of their own type and put their pokemon in

For example, the gym near my house doesn't get very much attention but I woke up today and not only was my pokemon beaten, it was replaced by 6 people's pokemon on my same team

Beating people of your own team by having someone in your group in a different team is not team spirit

And I can't take the gym back because I can't fight people of my own team

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Zelda has a much more diverse cast of characters to work with when it comes to abilities and weapons the characters use in their own series so, even if FE Warriors takes liberties like giving Frederick an axe and such, I don't see the playstyles being more diverse than Hyrule Warriors.
HW took a lot of creative liberties with stuff like Link's Gauntlets, Impa having two weapons that were never seen in Zelda games and Ganondorf being an OoT Ganon sized down.

FE has enough difference in fighting styles such as Heros to Swordmasters or Generals to Paladins that same weapon types will feel very distinct and it's not like they can't jump a few loopholes to give characters secondary weapons like Chrom's Javelin to differentiate them even more.
Especially since you could change to different weapon types with some characters in Hyrule Warriors, which we apparently can't do in FE Warriors (though maybe "class changing" will be the equivalent).
Those were really only different movesets attached to existing characters. Had they been given to other ones, it would make no difference.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Totally Spies is one of those shows you liked as a kid because girls in spandex. But after growing up you see the amount of wrong it has.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's not like a bigger roster equals better character selection(I'm not even gonna bother with gameplay because I know FEW will play even better than HW)
In some cases, it helps because it means you can get a more diverse selection that's more than just the main cast.

But... FEW doesn't take advantage of that, only three(four if you count MotE) games are represented, not even 1/4 of the whole franchise. Comparing that to Fate/Extella:
-5 F/Stay Night Servants
-5 F/EXTRA Servants
-2 F/Apocrypha Servants
-1 F/Zero Servant
-1 F/EXTRA CCC Servant
-1 F/Extella Servant
-1 F/Grand Order

It hits most of the franchise, only having nothing from Strange Fake, Prototype(for obvious reasons) and the magical girl spin-off which I don't think even has any original Servants.
Note that this is technically an EXTRA game, not a crossover.
Also to note is that most of these have appeare ces other than their original ones such as Gilgamesh and Artoria in Zero, the EXTRA Servants in CCC for obvious reasons and basically everyone in F/GO because that's canon Gacha hell

FEW is gonna have a ~35 character roster where there's, like, 5 characters from SD at most amd the rest is all Awakening and Fates

I'm still so mad about that fight against the guy with the Darkness Deck. Not just the convoluted and nonsensical way Yugi uses to win but the fact that hiding your field makes no sense when your opponent NEEDS to see your cards to make sure you ain't cheating.

Pfff no there's gonna be like 3 from Shadow Dragon.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Pfff no there's gonna be like 3 from Shadow Dragon.
C'mon now, Shadow Dragon has SOME plot relevant or main character related characters. I don't have faith in a large Shadow Dragon roster but I doubt they're just gonna cap it at Best Couple and Tiki. I figure some goodies like Merric and Minerva at least have a chance, they're important characters and they've got trademark weapons.

They've told people to speculate on what Shadow Dragon characters might be chosen, there wouldn't be much room to if there were only two more, especially with the Tiki Amiibo.

D

Deleted member

Using the upgraded Stasis on enemies is SO satisfying, makes fighting Lynels so much easier, I just need a ZA WARUDO sound effect mod for it.
Totally Spies is one of those shows you liked as a kid because girls in spandex. But after growing up you see the amount of wrong it has.

"Physics? What is that?"

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
C'mon now, Shadow Dragon has SOME plot relevant or main character related characters. I don't have faith in a large Shadow Dragon roster but I doubt they're just gonna cap it at Best Couple and Tiki. I figure some goodies like Merric and Minerva at least have a chance, they're important characters and they've got trademark weapons.

They've told people to speculate on what Shadow Dragon characters might be chosen, there wouldn't be much room to if there were only two more, especially with the Tiki Amiibo.
Well I men honestly I was just joking around.

...either way Tharja needs to be confirmed already!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
With what's been happening in Charlottesville, Virginia, I have to stress, if you still believe "both sides are the same" or "both sides have problems," you really should be paying closer attention to things.

I never thought I'd see the day where saying "Nazis are scum" would garner backlash, and yet here we are, and they're marching down the streets.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

im telling ya cains going to be in because hes considered the defacto shadow dragon lance cav, abel will be a a skin ala fem robin and possibly male corrin

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
With what's been happening in Charlottesville, Virginia, I have to stress, if you still believe "both sides are the same" or "both sides have problems," you really should be paying closer attention to things.

I never thought I'd see the day where saying "Nazis are scum" would garner backlash, and yet here we are, and they're marching down the streets.
"Both sides! Find a compromise" They want to exterminate groups of people, what compromise could be made?

"Exterminate half of those groups!"

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
"Both sides! Find a compromise" They want to exterminate groups of people, what compromise could be made?

"Exterminate half of those groups!"
One side wants to be treated as people, while the other wants to dehumanize them. There is absolutely no compromise to be made from that.

Every time someone expresses how much better they are for not picking a side or that "both sides are wrong because they both have problems" I die a little inside. Everything has problems, there is absolutely nothing that is perfect. You're not special because you can point that out, you're no better than anyone. You're just a blind coward who refuses to delve more into issues and it's why such problems persist. Stop being comfortable with the status quo and educate yourself.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How are there just 2 sides?

It's not like we have to chose between Hitler and Stalin

There are shades of grey

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I like to also stress, if you proclaim "NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE" or something similar, please stop, you're part of the problem. Instead of acknowledging the issue, you're deflecting it. When it comes to ideology like white supremacy, whether you agree with it or not, you reap the benefits regardless; it's not something you choose to have, you just do. It is more important to fight against it than it is to shove blame towards others.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
How are there just 2 sides?

It's not like we have to chose between Hitler and Stalin

There are shades of grey
there are shades of grey, like the people who arent running over others with their cars but are still there to assure all the other fascists that antifa are the real problem

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just hate racist white people that ruin being white for people like me.
Yeah, but it kinda implied Germany's still like that. Funny enough I got into a spat with a German friend because I tried saying "Thank you my friend" in German and I apparently said 'friend' way too similar to 'fuhrur' as he was absolutely shook for a second

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
there are shades of grey, like the people who arent running over others with their cars but are still there to assure all the other fascists that antifa are the real problem
How are Antifa not a problem?

That's my point, it's not one or the other

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Throughout the entirety of last week, I have never been more afraid in my life. From the threats of nuclear war with North Korea, to the Google Manifesto, to the White Supremacist March, I am terrified.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
because no one else is stopping the torch-bearing nazis in the streets
Antifa decided to start and era of political violence and now more people are continuing that.

If you create and atmosphere of violence, it's just going to cause more violence.

Antifa are not heroes, they are violent thugs

They are just useful idiots created to destabilize society. That is the goal of Anarcho Communists after all.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Antifa decided to start and era of political violence and now more people are continuing that.

If you create and atmosphere of violence, it's just going to cause more violence.

They are just useful idiots created to destabilize society. That is the goal of Anarcho Communists after all.
antifa arent shooting unarmed people out of fright, theyre not spreading bigoted bile, theyve never had political power, they arent literally infiltrating the police force

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Antifa didn't start the violence, they didn't break the peace. The peace has been broken, and has been for decades, even centuries. There's never been peace, but rather the illusion of it.

DHDRIFNV0AAG279.jpg

I have no input on this matter other than:

**** Nazis
**** White Supremacists
**** Bigots
**** people who run people over
**** anyone who would support them

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Throughout the entirety of last week, I have never been more afraid in my life. From the threats of nuclear war with North Korea, to the Google Manifesto, to the White Supremacist March, I am terrified.
I don't know what the Google thing is but I hope you stay safe Kurr!
I have no input on this matter other than:

**** Nazis
**** White Supremacists
**** Bigots
**** people who run people over
**** anyone who would support them
Zeb...I'm sorry but... Your siggy's kinda hilariously bad considering the topic.
On the flipside a Gundam counters it

Zeb...I'm sorry but... Your siggy's kinda hilariously bad considering the topic.
On the flipside a Gundam counters it
In my defense, my sig has been this for a while now.

Also, while discourse is allowed, I must remind people that direct insults of users is against ToS. I understand the desire to rage against the machine with how stressful and terrible these events are, but as mods we still need to do our jobs. If need be, step away from smashboards, or converse with other users through PMs if you need to talk to someone.

Both forum support, and my PMs are open.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
looks like this is a topic I dont wanna be in here for
In my defense, my sig has been this for a while now.

Also, while discourse is allowed, I must remind people that direct insults of users is against ToS. I understand the desire to rage against the machine with how stressful and terrible these events are, but as mods we still need to do our jobs. If need be, step away from smashboards, or converse with other users through PMs if you need to talk to someone.

Both forum support, and my PMs are open.
I cant take the word discourse seriously after being on tumblr

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Some alt-right dude from Google developed this manifesto regarding the employment of women and diversity. He's recently been fired for it, but it's made it's rounds and he's now hailed as some martyr by bigots. It got so bad that Google had to cancel an entire meeting due to threats and harassment. It's quite disgusting, and having dreamed about working at Google, it's really hurts me.

D

Deleted member

Can't you guys just let the nazis express their desire to kill others in peace? It's their freedom of speech, you can't silence that! So much for the tolerant left :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Can't you guys just let the nazis express their desire to kill others in peace? It's their freedom of speech, you can't silence that! So much for the tolerant left :/

I know thats a joke but do others know thats a joke also TIL The switch can charge my phone

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't know what's going on and I am not going to try to understand it and say probably something stupid because it's very late here for me.

So, peace out and I hope you have a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom