• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Kingdom Hearts 3 is canonically part of the Toy Story timeline. Sora, Donald, and Goofy are canon.
This is the definition of "deepest lore".
Also is anyone else having a formatting problem here? It keeps trying to make me use Times New Roman and black text.

The Pixar Theory just got a hell of a lot more complicated.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wait the Callie and Marie amiibos do someting special?
In the first game Callie and Marie acted like they were being summoned by the Amiibo.

Maybe it's plot related? (Maybe it's Maybelline.)

D

Deleted member

I never want to look at a map ever again in my entire life, I hate Rome and its stupid streets.

Also
>KH and Toy Story share the same timeline
>Sora and all the other KH characters are toys
>Cloud appears in KH
>Cloud is a toy
>Cloud is in Smash
>Everyone in Smash is actually a toy
>Toy Story and Smash share the same canon
>Woody confirmed for Smash
But hey, it's just a theory. A GAME THEORY!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since Mario also exists in the same universe and FF characters, technically it's also possible for Mario to show up in Kingdom Hearts. Which also means Mario exists in the same universe and Mickey Mouse

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I found this older mash-up. I figured one or two people were might like it, I don't know.

Usually, Botanic Sage's stuff is the first to come to mind. Or this SlamminWolfgang guy who does good mash-ups too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What are other characters from the Ryce leak we haven't seen yet? Firebrand?
Firebrand, Nemesis, Monster Hunter, Ant-Man and Spider-Man.

The former two were on comic covers.

Adding in the .zip leak:
Dormammu (was on a cover with Firebrand), Dahren Mohran, Death, Frank West, Ghost rider, Haggar, Venom and Winter Soldier.
We don't know if Meio is playable either

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kinda wish most amibos were compatible with Splatoon and not just the splatoon amiibos
It'd be cool to have costumes like in Mario Kart.

Adding in the .zip leak:
Dormammu (was on a cover with Firebrand), Dahren Mohran, Death, Frank West, Ghost rider, Haggar, Venom and Winter Soldier.

Ah, forgot about Ghost Rider. I wonder if he'll have new tricks or not.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh yeah, my sister talked to me about a parent who regeted having kids andnit got me thinking. I dont think I want to have kids. From all the stories I heard, it takes away your free time. besides the fact I hate little kids, I like being able to play video games and sleep
It'd be cool to have costumes like in Mario Kart
Yess. i would love to have an inkling dressed up like Robin or Shulk or have Fox and Pikachus tail and ears or links costume or hell, whatever the animal crossing amiibos will do

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gen 1 desperately needs some bug moves

Scyther and Pinsir would actually have been awesome pokemon in gen 1 if it just had some friggin' bug moves

X-Scissor or something

Chrono.

Adding in the .zip leak:

How would Dahren Mohran work is what I'm wondering.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hopefully Splatoon 2 will be up on the eShop at 12am EST so it'll be ready by the time I either normally wake up or get home from work.

I tried that with Puyo Puyo Tetris but it wasn't ready for purchase at either midnight or just before I went to work at 6am (I hope that's just a third party thing)

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I've been thinking lately about Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, and I seriously have to wonder if they'll give any of the enemies in the game new attacks or keep their attack patterns like they were in the original game. If Hoohooros's boss fight is anything to go by, his attack pattern hasn't changed. However, he's also one of the first bosses in the game, so that would be expected as too many attacks at the beginning of the game would overwhelm the player.

I honestly can't say for sure, but I do want the game to be challenging while also enjoyable to play (I never played the original, so it'll be nice to enjoy the game for myself).

Last edited:

Chrono.

In regards to Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, I seriously have to wonder if they'll give any of the enemies in the game new attacks or keep them like they were in the original game. If Hoohooros's boss fight is anything to go by, his attack pattern hasn't changed. However, he's also one of the first bosses in the game, so that would be expected.

I honestly can't say for sure, but I do want the game to be challenging while also enjoyable to play (I never played the original).
The game was really easy on GBA and I've no reason to believe they'll make it harder for 3DS.

Still, it was really fun, it's still considered the best of the M&L games for a reason.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've been thinking lately about Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, and I seriously have to wonder if they'll give any of the enemies in the game new attacks or keep their attack patterns like they were in the original game. If Hoohooros's boss fight is anything to go by, his attack pattern hasn't changed. However, he's also one of the first bosses in the game, so that would be expected as too many attacks at the beginning of the game would overwhelm the player.

I honestly can't say for sure, but I do want the game to be challenging while also enjoyable to play (I never played the original, so it'll be nice to enjoy the game for myself).
New moves? I doubt it. But I can see them rebalance and/or toughen up the bosses this time around.

And I LOVE the original (I've beaten it at least 10 times)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can it be friday already?

Hey what's your friend code?
IMG_20170714_230616.jpg

--------

Also, Nomura interview with IGN regarding KH3.

http://kh13.com/news/tetsuya-nomura...ossibility-of-roxass-return-and-more-with-ign

There are a couple of points here, but the main thing that I find interesting is Maleificient and Pete's role in the game. They're not involved with Xehanort's crew, but they aren't at odds with Sora either, apparently. They're doing something secret in the shadows (that obviously involves "the box").

I wonder if they'll somehow end up as the true final bosses, or maybe they'd even be good guys in the end. :p

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Pre-empted @Zebei's S3&K run last night with one of my own.

My thoughts on the game are pretty well-known by this point and this run did nothing to change that in particular.

But I will note, in case you happen to be using an 8Bitdo in Bluetooth mode - the input lag is goddamn real. Special stages and certain boss fights required a whole new set of timing, and after doing things a certain way for, I don't know, probably a combined half a decade or so, fingers were not on board with the changes.

Could have been fatigue as well, at least late in the morning. I'm really hoping so, because I still got a Death Egg to clear tonight for my own pride's sake.

For those of you asking "but what," Splatoon's engine didn't actually allow surfaces on top of each other to be painted. The Reef would have been impossible to actually add to the original Splatoon in it's current state.

There have been other things that boil down to gameplay coding that have been messed with as well like the new abilities for existing weapons and the rail grinding that probably took more coding than a port would be worth, but the surface situation is the main one that would require them picking apart the code more than any update could conceivably warrant just to get it to work.
avi_policehat.png

Scuse me miss.

Officer Red, Curiosity Police.

I'm gonna need a source on that business with Splatoon 2's engine.

People were calling it a port from the very first trailer before we knew barely anything about it.

Story never mattered, and frankly never would have for a mainly multiplayer game anyway
I think the only reason it got labelled a port is due to the Switch's port-happy nature.

In any other context, on any other console, it would've just been called samey.

But let em give it **** for being similar.

Turns out a more polished good thing is still a good goddamn thing.

I am expecting you guys on SmashBoards to have a part of my Splatoon 2 multiplayer and hopefully the opposite will be true.

<--- My Switch Friend Code here, FYI.
Got you.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Pre-empted @Zebei's S3&K run last night with one of my own.

My thoughts on the game are pretty well-known by this point and this run did nothing to change that in particular.

But I will note, in case you happen to be using an 8Bitdo in Bluetooth mode - the input lag is goddamn real. Special stages and certain boss fights required a whole new set of timing, and after doing things a certain way for, I don't know, probably a combined half a decade or so, fingers were not on board with the changes.

Could have been fatigue as well, at least late in the morning. I'm really hoping so, because I still got a Death Egg to clear tonight for my own pride's sake.

View attachment 131626

Scuse me miss.

Officer Red, Curiosity Police.

I'm gonna need a source on that business with Splatoon 2's engine.

I think the only reason it got labelled a port is due to the Switch's port-happy nature.

In any other context, on any other console, it would've just been called samey.

But let em give it **** for being similar.

Turns out a more polished good thing is still a good goddamn thing.

Got you.
Heard it in a comment somewhere detailing the changes in Splatoon 2 around the time the first trailer was shown off so I'm not sure if I'd be able to find it, but when I saw it the comment made me realize there aren't actually any overlapping layers in Splatoon stages that can be painted, it's all grates. So at minimum it's something they never attempted before, and considering it's such a simple thing it makes sense for there to be a reason why. The explanation I remember was that the game couldn't score two layers on top of each other properly.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
View attachment 131627

--------

Also, Nomura interview with IGN regarding KH3.

http://kh13.com/news/tetsuya-nomura...ossibility-of-roxass-return-and-more-with-ign

There are a couple of points here, but the main thing that I find interesting is Maleificient and Pete's role in the game. They're not involved with Xehanort's crew, but they aren't at odds with Sora either, apparently. They're doing something secret in the shadows (that obviously involves "the box").

I wonder if they'll somehow end up as the true final bosses, or maybe they'd even be good guys in the end. :p
Request sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom