• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Splatoon 2 reviews are coming up.
This pic is straight up hilarious, I am a SpongeBob fan so I always love to see these Spongebob related pics.
Let's not forget that Splatoon 2 now uses a font that really reminds me the font that many Spongebob media uses.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

And thus, Rabbidluigi ultimately turned to the dark side.
I actually pretty much agree with most of what the video mentioned...
I don't mind some individuals calling it a port, if you look at Mario Kart 8 Deluxe that is the best Mario Kart so far it is an enhanced port. So is the upcoming Pokkemon Tournament DX.
My opinion is: If most of things in the first Splatoon were so good, why fix it?

By the way, I have mention this before after playing Splatfest, I don't think Pearl isn't that of a terrible character at all. I better like Off The Hook, I found their songs better than Squid Sisters' for me.
Both of them are good:
This is funny too, I'm not sure if this is a real spoiler or not:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

And thus, Rabbidluigi ultimately turned to the dark side.
Yeah now did you actually watch the review are you just looking at the title and thumbnail?
Because he said it's really good, but could have just been a port with the new content added.

cmonBruh

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Yeah now did you actually watch the review are you just looking at the title and thumbnail?
Because he said it's really good, but could have just been a port with the new content added.

cmonBruh

i mean you could call it a port in the same way you could call new super mario bros wiiu a port of the ds game its basically the same thing with new levels, bosses and a slightly diffrent story with some added features but gameplay wise not much has changed

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The assumption that Splatoon 2 could have been a port is false, actually, it's just that the surface level things that are the only things gamers bother to care about and do fall under being able to be easily added without engine changes.

. . .Which I mean, the same thing applies to Smash Bros and no one tries to desperately insist none of it's sequels are actually sequels. . .yet, I guess. Considering people are still clinging hard to a Smash 4 port being a thing well after it's absence started to raise red flags it's entirely possible that we're going to get a new Smash and no one will actually admit it when it happens.

For those of you asking "but what," Splatoon's engine didn't actually allow surfaces on top of each other to be painted. The Reef would have been impossible to actually add to the original Splatoon in it's current state.

There have been other things that boil down to gameplay coding that have been messed with as well like the new abilities for existing weapons and the rail grinding that probably took more coding than a port would be worth, but the surface situation is the main one that would require them picking apart the code more than any update could conceivably warrant just to get it to work.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

cmonBruh

I do agree the thumb nail and title is a bit clickbaity and I was a bit disgusted by the title, but you know after I watched it I actually agree with most of what the video said.
i mean you could call it a port in the same way you could call new super mario bros wiiu a port of the ds game its basically the same thing with new levels, bosses and a slightly diffrent story with some added features but gameplay wise not much has changed
I though New Super Mario Bros U is kind of a port of the Wii, and it was fun, so is the U.

Can I say the starting music for the turf war is just... awesome as f**k compare to the first one?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The assumption that Splatoon 2 could have been a port is false, actually, it's just that the surface level things that are the only things gamers bother to care about and do fall under being able to be easily added without engine changes.

. . .Which I mean, the same thing applies to Smash Bros and no one tries to desperately insist none of it's sequels are actually sequels. . .yet, I guess. Considering people are still clinging hard to a Smash 4 port being a thing well after it's absence started to raise red flags it's entirely possible that we're going to get a new Smash and no one will actually admit it when it happens.

For those of you asking "but what," Splatoon's engine didn't actually allow surfaces on top of each other to be painted. The Reef would have been impossible to actually add to the original Splatoon in it's current state.

There have been other things that boil down to gameplay coding that have been messed with as well like the new abilities for existing weapons and the rail grinding that probably took more coding than a port would be worth, but the surface situation is the main one that would require them picking apart the code more than any update could conceivably warrant just to get it to work.
Splatoon 2 has the same story as splatoon 1. "Fish gone, go get"

If the story was all around different, people wouldnt be calling it a port

People were calling it a port from the very first trailer before we knew barely anything about it.

Story never mattered, and frankly never would have for a mainly multiplayer game anyway

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The assumption that Splatoon 2 could have been a port is false
Opinions can't be false unless you're passing off an opinion on something that's different to your actual opinion.

In some people's opinion Splatoon 2 could have been a port because it doesn't change as much as other shooter (let's keep it in the same genre please, far less headache that way) sequels have done such as the Halo series.

No-one does because it's clear the Smash games are built from the ground up and have substantial additions and changes.
Melee and Brawl are like night and day.
Melee and Smash 4 are very different.

I do agree the thumb nail and title is a bit clickbaity and I was a bit disgusted by the title, but you know after I watched it I actually agree with most of what the video said.
It's really not that bad.
I'd only change the thumbnail to have a tick instead because he said it was good. That way it conveys a good summary of his opinion on a base level. "It's pretty much a port, but it's a damn good game regardless"

Chrono.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

At the end of the say, I personally care more of the single player gameplay, and it looks more fun than the first one. The story... yeah it's pretty much the same.

Also here's something I bring up, a little bit of rant I guess...
Welcome to Taiwanese (ROC) parliament... where our democracy are usually being praised because even the legislators can just beat other people up.
I may be biased here, but by looking at both party's track record, the current government formed by the DPP is widely known for starting Taiwanese parliament's brawl when they were in the position as an opposing party... since they were the party that was found in order to oppose the current second large party which was the party that solely reign Taiwan for over 50 years and lost the recent president election back in 2016.
I just found it sad and ironic that DPP accuse KMT(Those wearing blue T shirts in the video are definitely KMT legislators) for using violence when they have done that for many years... this nonsense just have to stop, especially when our government is not doing anything good...
Don't get me wrong though I am not justifying one party's violence than the other, I also found even more ironic that some people, political figure in Taiwan likes to brag about Taiwan's democracy saying that is can stop China's ambition of taking over the island (Which isn't the case for now), they forgot that the parliament brawl is what Taiwanese are shame of when it comes to our country's democratic system and quality...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I am expecting you guys on SmashBoards to have a part of my Splatoon 2 multiplayer and hopefully the opposite will be true.

<--- My Switch Friend Code here, FYI.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I am expecting you guys on SmashBoards to have a part of my Splatoon 2 multiplayer and hopefully the opposite will be true.

<--- My Switch Friend Code here, FYI.
I already added you a while ago :)
Nice that Smashboards has a slot to enter your Switch FC on your profile.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
At the end of the say, I personally care more of the single player gameplay, and it looks more fun than the first one. The story... yeah it's pretty much the same.

Also here's something I bring up, a little bit of rant I guess...
Welcome to Taiwanese (ROC) parliament... where our democracy are usually being praised because even the legislators can just beat other people up.
I may be biased here, but by looking at both party's track record, the current government formed by the DPP is widely known for starting Taiwanese parliament's brawl when they were in the position as an opposing party... since they were the party that was found in order to oppose the current second large party which was the party that solely reign Taiwan for over 50 years and lost the recent president election back in 2016.
I just found it sad and ironic that DPP accuse KMT(Those wearing blue T shirts in the video are definitely KMT legislators) for using violence when they have done that for many years... this nonsense just have to stop, especially when our government is not doing anything good...
Don't get me wrong though I am not justifying one party's violence than the other, I also found even more ironic that some people, political figure in Taiwan likes to brag about Taiwan's democracy saying that is can stop China's ambition of taking over the island (Which isn't the case for now), they forgot that the parliament brawl is what Taiwanese are shame of when it comes to our country's democratic system and quality...
I swear I saw one of those fights on that god awful cat in the hat movie

Last edited:
new story
new mode (salmon run)
new music
new weapons and weapon types
new stages
new subs
new specials
old stages reworked
gear system reworked
more customization
new hub
other changes i dont know aboit since i dont have the game

i didnt watch the video (spoilers) but what else could you be asking for whem the bonly thing not changing is the basic gameplay system which would never change too much anyway

hell, at least a year of more content is on the way too. . .

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm hoping that they add more legwear and hairstyles in future updates. Having only 4 each to choose from is rather disappointing.
Oh and while you're at it please allow me to switch weapons and gear while in solo queue lobbies, it's annoying having to deal with bad team comps on Ranked.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Opinions can't be false unless you're passing off an opinion on something that's different to your actual opinion.

In some people's opinion Splatoon 2 could have been a port because it doesn't change as much as other shooter (let's keep it in the same genre please, far less headache that way) sequels have done such as the Halo series.

No-one does because it's clear the Smash games are built from the ground up and have substantial additions and changes.
Melee and Brawl are like night and day.
Melee and Smash 4 are very different.

It's really not that bad.
I'd only change the thumbnail to have a tick instead because he said it was good. That way it conveys a good summary of his opinion on a base level. "It's pretty much a port, but it's a damn good game regardless"

>Built from the ground up

There are literally beta screenshots in Smash 4's code showing Brawl assets

They definitely fiddle with the engine a bit, but there's a reason movesets change very little and the only reason Lucario made it to Smash 4 was because the people working on Brawl managed to squeeze him into Brawl in the first place and it ain't out of courtesy to the fans that got used to it. If someone caught a Smash game early in development they wouldn't be able to tell if it was a new game or a port.

Whether or not it -feels- like it's built from the ground up and whether or not it is are two different things. How many physics tweaks to Smash Bros could have been "patched in?" How many modes don't actually make it not a port? Let's view Smash from the same lens we view Splatoon here, it's just a game about knocking people off of platforms and it's been pretty much the same four games in a row. Maybe next time we should make it a 3D fighter!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh know ebei has succumbed to the emes.

Also I got Berkut in Heroes today.

Edit: my B emoji didn't work. Post ruined. Everyone go home.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
More Sonic Mania music. This time we have the theme of the Hard Boiled Heavies.
This game man...
August 15th can't come soon enough.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

People were calling it a port before we even knew what the story mode was, so unfortunately humanity is below your floor.

That said, as it was pointed out you could probably boil a ton of video game stories down to that minimalistic of a plot, and most of those sequels aren't called ports.

. . .TBH, this is another reason why we need an Uprising sequel. The basic "boil down" plot just completely careens off the rails to the point that it's difficult to even keep track of what the goal is with how often the game gets distracted, and yet somehow everything still ties into each other.

D

Deleted member

I mean he isn't saying the game is bad, he just thinks that not much has changed from the first game.
I actually pretty much agree with most of what the video mentioned...
I don't mind some individuals calling it a port, if you look at Mario Kart 8 Deluxe that is the best Mario Kart so far it is an enhanced port. So is the upcoming Pokkemon Tournament DX.
My opinion is: If most of things in the first Splatoon were so good, why fix it?

By the way, I have mention this before after playing Splatfest, I don't think Pearl isn't that of a terrible character at all. I better like Off The Hook, I found their songs better than Squid Sisters' for me.
Both of them are good:

This is funny too, I'm not sure if this is a real spoiler or not:
Those clickbait thumbnail and (initial) title weren't necessary though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I never got why Sora, Riku and Kairi are on some random island but they live in some random town?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Those clickbait thumbnail and (initial) title weren't necessary though.
I have mentioned that on my previous post, go check it out. I think it wasn't necessary as well. Especially that thumbnail...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Not surprised that the Callie & Marie amiibo in Splatoon 2 are on embargo until launch.

Obviously it's not gear.
We're all going to be rushing to try those Amiibos as soon as we can, aren't we?

. . .I cheaped out on shipping so I'm probably missing launch, hahahaaaaaaaa. . . .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I never got why Sora, Riku and Kairi are on some random island but they live in some random town?
Nothing to it really, they just live in the town and go to the island for fun times.
Well, there is a bit more to it with Kairi but you'll see that in future games.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We're all going to be rushing to try those Amiibos as soon as we can, aren't we?

. . .I cheaped out on shipping so I'm probably missing launch, hahahaaaaaaaa. . . .
There are reports of some stores selling the game early.

Could be hours from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom