• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Here's a pretty strange Primal Rage-like game. I mean, it's not completely bad, I like old stop motion retrosaurs, but erm... You get a lot of weird stuff like 23:28.

I think they had to be on drugs to get something so amazing and terrible at the same time. :p

Edit: And apparently it came out before Primal Rage.
LMAO at that bipedal ceratopsian in fight two. I would love to see the final fight in Jurassic World done this way.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
When I was younger, I legit used to think that the only reason they called it Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was just to sound cool. When I found out there was a Sonic Adventure 1, my mind was blown.
I also thought they called it 2 for no reason. When Adventure DX came out, I inferred it was a sequel and spent the whole game wondering where Shadow was, before deducing it was a prequel.

Not a remake or port because what's a dreamcast.
I had (and still have) a Dreamcast so I was aware of Sonic Adventure 1. Didn't know 2 got a Dreamcast release until years later tho

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I also thought they called it 2 for no reason. When Adventure DX came out, I inferred it was a sequel and spent the whole game wondering where Shadow was, before deducing it was a prequel.

I had a friend who was obsessed with the Dreamcast and brought in old gaming magazines. I believe I found out three things that day. That it wasn't called "Sonic Adventure Battle 2", that Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was a re-release of a Dreamcast game, and that there was a Sonic Adventure before Sonic Adventure 2. My life got flipped-turned upside down.

Chrono.

To be fair, Shadow DID die at the end of 2. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had Sonic's Adventure 1, but I didn't know Sonic's Adventure 2 even came out until years and years later

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
To be fair, Shadow DID die at the end of 2. :p
Funny story on that, I never reached the true ending in SA2 until sometime after Heroes was out (during which I figured something would happen to Shadow), and beat both of those games (save the true Heroes ending) before reaching SA2's True Story.

That Sonic stage in the ARK, Crazy Gadget I think, confused young-me so much.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Funny story on that, I never reached the true ending in SA2 until sometime after Heroes was out (during which I figured something would happen to Shadow), and beat both of those games (save the true Heroes ending) before reaching SA2's True Story.

That Sonic stage in the ARK, Crazy Gadget I think, confused young-me so much.
This. It took me forever to finish Crazy Gadget as a kid because of that box room. It then took me forever to finish the True Story, Knuckles portion was always super confusing for me, and sorta scary too. I finished Heroes before beating SA2 because of it.

Chrono.

This. It took me forever to finish Crazy Gadget as a kid because of that box room. It then took me forever to finish the True Story, Knuckles portion was always super confusing for me, and sorta scary too. I finished Heroes before beating SA2 because of it.
That Knuckles section was literal hell if you didn't have the Air Necklace.

Guess what I didn't have in my first playtrough.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Servals, axolotls, Bobbit worms, Bobolinks, and Muntjacs. So many wonderful and weird creatures in this world...

Anyways, might give a progress report on Breath of the Wild:
Initially I had some problems with Vah Ruta's puzzles and inner workings with the water and gears, but after a while it went down pretty well, and a very clever mechanic that you can manipulate these mecha at the drop of a hat. The boss, Waterblight Ganon wasn't exactly hard like Soulsborne/Nioh hard, but he did some hefty damage to me that a few snacks mid battle meant he was a cakewalk.

And with Zora's Domain restored, I then went about exploring and using the Lightscale Trident... until I broke it. I guess it is a bit worrisome that some of these weapons in BotW might fall into the territory of 'Too Awesome to Use.' I just hope the Master Sword doesn't break and need some hard-to-find materials to repair it when I get to it.

The big highlights of the night playing were chancing upon a honeyvore bear, and when reading it's entry in the Hyrule Compendium:
"...if you're sneaky enough and maybe just a little bit crazy... you just may be able to ride one."
My response: "Challenge accepted."

And did I succeed?

Yes, I did. As awesome as it would be to have a bear as a loyal steed, they can't be registered into the stables... It's pretty epic regardless, like riding one of the Four Horses of the Apocalypse in the Undead Nightmare expansion... until I accidentally killed War.
The next destination I sought out was the Akkala region, so I was searching out for the Tower, which was pretty much a Soulsborne climb, with the Skywatcher Guardians flying over head and the enemies weapons were pretty hard-hitting, even taking out some of my over-health. The tower itself when I got there was covered in Malice, so I eventually gave up for the night, but after seeing a video, I'll be attempting to climb the tower again, now that I know there's a relatively safe way to get past the pools of Malice.
That's all from me for today. Time to get back to it. and continue to hate this cough of mine and how I couldn't attend my uni classes this week.

D

Deleted member

Some misconceptions from my childhood:
-Super Smash Bros literally had every character ever, I thought mugen was smash when I was a kid.
-I was really confused when I got my hands on the game, I expected there to be health bars.
-Giga bowser was a completely unlockable and playable character.
-R.O.B. was a wally rip off
-Captain Falcon said "TACO BULL-AXE"
-Both of those characters from Star Fox.
-Fire Emblem was an extension of Zelda.
-Ridley was a pokemon.
-Bowser Jr. was unlockable.
-Marth was a princess that spoke spanish.(I couldn't tell the difference between spanish and japanese for some reason.)

It didn't help that I didn't know who the majority of the roster in brawl was, so...

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How do you like them almonds?

Nothing against vegans. This was just too good to pass up the opportunity.
I DIDN'T have anything against vegans. I mostly live off a vegetarian diet.

But there are some REALLY friggin' crazy vegans online. Some of them are even vouching for the execution of people that eat meat. Like, cows are more important than people.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
-Super Smash Bros literally had every character ever, I thought mugen was smash when I was a kid.
-I was really confused when I got my hands on the game, I expected there to be health bars.
-R.O.B. was a wally rip off
-Both of those characters from Star Fox.
-Fire Emblem was an extension of Zelda.
-Ridley was a pokemon.
-Bowser Jr. was unlockable.
-Marth was a princess that spoke spanish.(I couldn't tell the difference between spanish and japanese for some reason.)

It didn't help that I didn't know who the majority of the roster in brawl was, so...
I remember thinking as a kid that Ness was Mario's son.

The only thing I based that on was because they both wear red hats.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I DIDN'T have anything against vegans. I mostly live off a vegetarian diet.

But there are some REALLY friggin' crazy vegans online. Some of them are even vouching for the execution of people that eat meat. Like, cows are more important than people.
I didn't think you did. Like I said, your post was just an opportunity to post something completely related and unrelated(and nostalgic. I miss John Pinette.).
Edit:
I remember people talking about Ness and thinking it was like Nessie, like the loch ness monster or something. Then unlocking him and being disappointed it was just a normal looking kid
Ironically enough, Nessie actually does appear in his game.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember people talking about Ness and thinking it was like Nessie, like the loch ness monster or something. Then unlocking him and being disappointed it was just a normal looking kid

D

Deleted member

Honestly, not once did I ever think Marth was female.
It depends on what your image of a man is, really.(I mean keep in mind I was a 7 year old kid in special education too, but stil.)

I mean, keep in mind that I was completely oblivious to anime pretty boys, so seeing a guy like marth with his breast plate, tiara, girly haircut, skinny figure, and very light voice(seriously, I thought it was a woman speaking Spanish.) made me think that he was a women. Especially compared to how masculine pretty much every other character was.(Yes, even pit, but keep in mind he didn't have girly hair and a language I didn't understand. :p)

I know it's WALL-E, but autocorrect doesn't know that, does it?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

I can relate to those. Similarly:
-I thought Marth was speaking a made-up language. And thought Krystal spoke spanish in Star Fox Adventures.
-I always thought Falcon's side-b had him say "PA YOU CAN'T!", and inferred he had issues with his father.
-Someone told me Master Hand was Andross, and his head, hands and feet were unlockable characters in Melee, alongside Giga Bowser. I belived him for awhile, though he never told us how to unlock him... Ah, the playground days.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
There was a time where I wasn't sure whether or not Ness was a boy. He looked like a kid, but when I looked at those shoes back in Melee, I had some feeling that they were poorly made heels. Everything was out of whack for me.

As for Samus, I'm not really sure if I ever thought they were actually a dude. I just thought, person in suit. When I heard there was a woman under there, I just accepted it.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
For the longest time in my own childhood, I thought Mario was Mexican. It did not help that one of kids I used to hang with in elementary school was also named Mario (Mexican dude). Always misheard "let's a go!" as "MEXICO".

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For the longest time in my own childhood, I thought Mario was Mexican. It did not help that one of kids I used to hang with in elementary school was also named Mario (Mexican dude). Always misheard "let's a go!" as "MEXICO".
In Mario 64 I heard it as "Let's pickle"

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
For a while, when you encounter an enemy in Superstar Saga, I thought Mario was saying "THAT TICKLES".

I don't know why, and I don't know why Luigi would say "Okie Dokie" afterwards.

D

Deleted member

For a while, when you encounter an enemy in Superstar Saga, I thought Mario was saying "THAT TICKLES".

I don't know why, and I don't know why Luigi would say "Okie Dokie" afterwards.
I always misheard that as "DOH PICKES" for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I can relate to those. Similarly:
-I thought Marth was speaking a made-up language. And thought Krystal spoke spanish in Star Fox Adventures.
-I always thought Falcon's side-b had him say "PA YOU CAN'T!", and inferred he had issues with his father.
-Someone told me Master Hand was Andross, and his head, hands and feet were unlockable characters in Melee, alongside Giga Bowser. I belived him for awhile, though he never told us how to unlock him... Ah, the playground days.
If instead of the ****ty fake Krazoa language they spoke Spanish that'd have cut back on the ham factor for Star Fox Adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom