• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nerds in general just have an issue with BO. I had someone ask me if they should take a shower prior to a date.

Like, yeah you should. But, I think it's an issue of people just not knowing how to socialize with others.
I think that's more than just socialization. I have no idea how to manage a social interaction and I use deoderant and shower just about every day. Were these people not taught how to clean themselves as children? Do they not like feeling clean? I feel wrong when I spend more than a day without washing or wash in a way that feels insufficient. Heck, I even got so used to part-lotion soap that I feel wrong when I use normal soap because the residue sticks to my skin.

I'm hilariously lazy and even I think that's not a way to live.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think that's more than just socialization. I have no idea how to manage a social interaction and I use deoderant and shower just about every day. Were these people not taught how to clean themselves as children? Do they not like feeling clean? I feel wrong when I spend more than a day without washing or wash in a way that feels insufficient. Heck, I even got so used to part-lotion soap that I feel wrong when I use normal soap because the residue sticks to my skin.

If you or a other person need a video game character to tell you to shower, they have a problem

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People.

Shower regularly.

People will like you more and you won't like grungy or dirty.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .I question this individual's common sense.

I also question their sense of smell.
:061:
To be fair, I can smell everyone's stink but my own, as apparently in moments of extreme stress I sometimes emit a pong and I've never noticed it.

My sense of TOUCH, however, can full well tell me that something is wrong if I pay enough attention. You'd think at least ONE of their senses would pick up on something.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Quick, everyone talk about how clean and shower-friendly you are!
/s

Common sense, my brothers and sisters.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Not knowing how to socialize is one reason though. There's also depression, and just lacking common sense.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Showers depend on my mood. Sometimes I like taking showers when I'm in good moods, other times I don't like showering, as it sometimes worsens my mood.

Deodorant? :skull: I don't see how anybody can stand that stuff, considering every brand I've tried(and a whole lot of them) smells just as bad, if not worse, than arm odor.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Showers depend on my mood. Sometimes I like taking showers when I'm in good moods, other times I don't like showering, as it sometimes worsens my mood.

Deodorant? :skull: I don't see how anybody can stand that stuff, considering every brand I've tried(and a whole lot of them) smells just as bad, if not worse, than arm odor.
Then use the scentless ones.

Litterally smells like nothing.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Thought I might share the next character in my Fire Emblem Ballot voting spree:
Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 1.22.39 PM.png

Eirika was my next pick, since The Sacred Stones was the first Fire Emblem game I ever played, so I have some good and fond memories of the game and its characters. Yes, I know she isn't Lyndis, nor have I had the time to devote myself to FE7 (as it rests on my Wii U's Virtual console), but Eirika's pretty good for the most part of the game. As to whether or not I'll vote for Ephraim too? Well, that's something we'll have to wait and see on.

And I prefer showers over baths since a simple downpour of water is good to wake you up for the rest of the day, whereas a bath is when you want to soak and relax. And now I end this rather unusual conversation.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Organic deodorant usually smells like fruit. I remember finding chocolate scented deodorant once

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My FE ballot so far consists of three characters across the five days. No points to anyone for guessing who has the most of those votes. :p Or who the other two are, for that matter. (incidentally, you can vote while logged out and it will still count, so I've used that a little too. :p )

As for the shower debate ongoing, I happened to find this article earlier today: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...in-towel-stop-showering-helpful-microbes-skin

I mean, it's going to take more than this guy to convince me to stop showering, but it's usually worth hearing out different sides to an argument, right?

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
And now presenting the STAR of FE Heroes....
cordtharlon.jpg

But seriously though it was pretty cool to see Lon'qu get a bit of a spotlight in the FE Heroes trailer...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Organic deodorant usually smells like fruit. I remember finding chocolate scented deodorant once
Yoooooo really?

*looks up*

Come to think of it, I think it recommended perfume while I was looking that up. Normally I can't stand the smell of perfume, but if it smelled like chocolate. . .

Actually, full derail mode. Does the bacon meme go into this territory? Yes? OK.

An old as **** dude (well maybe not THAT old) is failing his lines miserably while bleeding out of his bald-ass head for no apparent reason on RAW.

Like just straight up bleeding and he hasn't even fought anyone.

EDIT UNDERTAKER SHOWED UP HOLY ****

Last edited:

Chrono.

An old as **** dude (well maybe not THAT old) is failing his lines miserably while bleeding out of his bald-*** head for no apparent reason on RAW.

Like just straight up bleeding and he hasn't even fought anyone.

EDIT UNDERTAKER SHOWED UP HOLY ****
I couldn't stop laughing at that.

But it made a bad promo into a passable one at least.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"Yay, thanks to that last conversation I extra scrubbed today! Now I should be super clean and fresh, right?"

*pain*

"Uh. . .should I go and. . .nah, that's probably just gas, right?"

*food poisoning*

"Agh, what the heck?!" :urg:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Some morons stole a truck that carries a radioactive machine, now the city is on high alert.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Another GIF I saw on NeoGAF of a moment I loved watching from E3.

The physics and interactivity of this game is the most fascinating part of what I've watched so far. It has to work in tandem with the world size and just general fun to really come into it's own, but the idea of being able to do insane stuff like this has a certain appeal to it.

I mean. . .look at it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Since the Fire Emblem spirit has generally returned in light of Fire Emblem Heroes, I think it's fitting that I share this funny Fire Emblem parody video I found.

Any iCarly fan here will probably like this parody. I know this video made my night!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Another GIF I saw on NeoGAF of a moment I loved watching from E3.

The physics and interactivity of this game is the most fascinating part of what I've watched so far. It has to work in tandem with the world size and just general fun to really come into it's own, but the idea of being able to do insane stuff like this has a certain appeal to it.

I mean. . .look at it.
It just shows how deep this game goes as it demonstrates real world inertia....usually such things are only demonstrated intentionally as part of the game's sequence, but to think you can pick a random rock, a random log, and drop something heavy on it to create a makeshift catapault just while messing about in the overworld is really quite impressive...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
gf asked me to watch Your name

Its ok, nothing to write home about for me but its good I guess
Probably was the usual carjacking thing; I don't think the average mexican criminal can handle a Nuclear Hydrometer filled with Francium, Caesium and Beryllium isotopes.
**** fam, when they find out what the **** is in that truck, they will freak out

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

This actually reminds me of back in Middle/High School when my hygiene habits were absolutely awful.

I would pretty much hardly ever shower at all and people in my school would hate me and even bully me for that. Methinks that has something to do with how anti-social I acted back in the day and somewhat still do. It wasn't until the end of High School when I got serious flak from my parents that I started taking how I smelt seriously.

And this went beyond how I smelt. My dental habits were absolutely awful and I would hardly ever brush my teeth. That went on for like 7 years and unsurprisingly when I went to the Dentist a year and a half ago I had a cavity in almost all my teeth which led to a dozen fillings and a root canal. That was all after I had a Toothache months before mind you. Having a Toothache is like the worst pain any human being could have and I would never wish that kind of pain even on my worst enemy (if I had one lol).

All I can do now is cringe at how stupid I was with my health habits as an Adolescent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom