• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ah definitely agree there, the BN games need a collection badly (at least of the first 3 games).

Supersonic Warriors is an old favorite of mine, which reminds me that I should get Extreme Butouden one of these days.
Extreme Butoden is pretty fun. I mostly use Gohan and Trunks in that one. One of the few games where Goku isn't one of my main two though. He's like my third most used.

One issue I see on why Capcom is hesitating with releasing a Battle Network Collection is the fact that ever since BN3, all main games have had 2 versions(BN5 has 3 versions if you count Double Team DS). With BN and BN2, those games didn't have 2 versions. Meanwhile with the later games(that isn't BN4.5), you have:
-BN3 White & Blue/Black
-BN4 Red Sun & Blue Moon
-BN5 Team Protoman & Team Colonel
-BN6 Gregor & Falzar.
So if you count all versions, a Battle Network Collection would have 10 games, 13 if BN4.5, Battle Chip Challenge and Network Transmission are included and 14 if Operation Shooting Star is included. I mean, already that is way more compared to past collections, with Megaman Anniversary Collection having the main 8 games and the Power Fighter games.

The other issue I see with them hesitating on releasing a Battle Network Collection is the fact that in Battle Network 4 through 6, you have Django, Otenko and the Gun del Sol from Boktai appear in those games. And the Boktai franchise is owned by none other than our favorite company Konami.

Either way, I would still pay for a Battle Network Collection if it ever happens. But do you know what I think they should do? Remake Battle Network 4.5 as it's own full-fledged game. 4.5 is unique in the fact that it was the first game before 5 & 6 that it introduced multiple playable Navis, including Bass.exe. And look at how many Navis were introduced in later games. The only thing about 4.5 that wasn't exactly the brightest was not being to control the Navis and only being able to handle the Chips.

Seriously, there's so much they could do with remaking Battle Network 4.5. Not just by allowing the player full control of their Navi, but also by adding many more Navis for the players, adding newer mechanics into the game, like the changes to the Navi Customizer, the new Element Strengths and Weakness to Sword->Wind->Cursor->Break->Sword and make Megaman.exe's Soul forms into choosable forms, like how you can turn Bass Soul on and off in Battle Network 5, etc. I feel like there would be a whole lot of potential for remaking Battle Network 4.5.
The Boktai stuff would just get cut out I imagine, given the thing from BN6 never made it west if I remember correctly. For MMBN5, I would say Double Team should be the version used. The rest of the games might be hard to pull off, unless they do the patch work to include version exclusive bosses into a single title. Really, the final boss of 6 I think might be the biggest issue if done that way. It'd be harder, but said effort would be appreciated. Either that, or a "Version Select" when picking 3,4,5 and 6. You don't really need the games outside of the main titles to be added in.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Except I never said I don't want it. I'm still going to buy a Switch, I'm still going to use it's portability and play it's games. I still think that gimmick is super cool.

In my opinion, the Switch's biggest issue is that it came out too late. It feels like the console the Wii U should have been and had it came out instead, these issues wouldn't be as big of a deal.
Frankly, if Nintendo had released the Switch in 2012 the technology may not have been there for them to deliver an experience as stable as the Switch does in 2017.
I'm not saying that games would've been unplayable, but I don't think the technology would have been as accessible and as refined as it is now.
Not to mention that the Wii U was Nintendo's first foray into HD, which means they had to familiarize themselves with making HD games--this took a lot longer than it should have, but it was, regardless, a sort of experiment for Nintendo. And it took a long time. So long, in fact, that the Wii U was left in the dust by 2015, and they needed to turn around.
Frankly, I wish the Switch came out later in April with a stronger launch line-up. It is the console the Wii U should have been, but it can't afford to make the same mistakes as the Wii U, and it very well might.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Hopefully this time it will have more meat to it than Ashes of Ariandel.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think the Switch could have and should have been better on the home console side of things hardware-wise, but portably its good.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Frankly, if Nintendo had released the Switch in 2012 the technology may not have been there for them to deliver an experience as stable as the Switch does in 2017.
I'm not saying that games would've been unplayable, but I don't think the technology would have been as accessible and as refined as it is now.
Not to mention that the Wii U was Nintendo's first foray into HD, which means they had to familiarize themselves with making HD games--this took a lot longer than it should have, but it was, regardless, a sort of experiment for Nintendo. And it took a long time. So long, in fact, that the Wii U was left in the dust by 2015, and they needed to turn around.
Frankly, I wish the Switch came out later in April with a stronger launch line-up. It is the console the Wii U should have been, but it can't afford to make the same mistakes as the Wii U, and it very well might.
I'm aware that the technology may not have been there at the time, but nonetheless it still feels like what the Wii U should have been. Had the Switch been released when the PS4 and Xbox One launched, a lot of it's issues wouldn't be as pronounced as they are now. All of the consoles would have been developing a library of games to play, and the Switch would've had an edge because it could play similar games but on the go. But instead it's being released 2-3 years after when it's competition has had the time to develop a large library of games and other features and now the Switch just looks lackluster in comparison.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm aware that the technology may not have been there at the time, but nonetheless it still feels like what the Wii U should have been. Had the Switch been released when the PS4 and Xbox One launched, a lot of it's issues wouldn't be as pronounced as they are now. All of the consoles would have been developing a library of games to play, and the Switch would've had an edge because it could play similar games but on the go. But instead it's being released 2-3 years after when it's competition has had the time to develop a large library of games and other features and now the Switch just looks lackluster in comparison.
Before the Switch was announced, I always looked at it in reverse.

At some point the PS4 and Xbox One are going to release successors, and at that point Nintendo's going to be the one with a big established library and a cheaper console compared to the rest of the console industry.

But of course, there's no real way to tell which effect will be stronger since gamers are in a bit of a bubble. Has a console jumped in at a disjointed part of a gen before like this? What were the historical results of that? I'm looking at a list of console releases and it doesn't seem like Nintendo's jumped in at this point in a gen before. It's a bit hard to call what will happen because it's essentially a new tactic.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Before the Switch was announced, I always looked at it in reverse.

At some point the PS4 and Xbox One are going to release successors, and at that point Nintendo's going to be the one with a big established library and a cheaper console compared to the rest of the console industry.

But of course, there's no real way to tell which effect will be stronger since gamers are in a bit of a bubble. Has a console jumped in at a disjointed part of a gen before like this? What were the historical results of that? I'm looking at a list of console releases and it doesn't seem like Nintendo's jumped in at this point in a gen before. It's a bit hard to call what will happen because it's essentially a new tactic.
What reason would you believe that?

Even if the PS4 and Xbox One did release successors (and not half steps like the Pro and Scorpio) with smaller libraries than Nintendo, they'll still be way more powerful console with a lot more support.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What reason would you believe that?

Even if the PS4 and Xbox One did release successors (and not half steps like the Pro and Scorpio) with smaller libraries than Nintendo, they'll still be way more powerful console with a lot more support.
I guess it was optimism at the time. The internet's doing a pretty good job crushing that so part of me now worries if Nintendo's even going to survive in the console business that long.

But would that have changed if the Switch even in it's current technological state existed in 2011?

Heck, would Nintendo have even gotten that support if Nintendo had made a Scorpio+ in 2011 for that matter? Nintendo's third party record has always been pretty terrible, even if it's been for different reasons each time. Nintendo would need more than power, they would need the right management to woo third parties. Arguably as bad as Switch support is going to be they're still better off on that front than they've been in decades, and in 2011 that couldn't be further from the case.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Another day, another vote. Here is my next pick for the Choose Your Legends event:

Yep, it's Shiro, the son of Lobster-Lord. He's rebellious (picks up the Naginata rather than the Katana just to gain a weapon advantage over his father), loves to chill, pretty upbeat, and is a person that you could have fun hanging out with. I love Shiro not just for these traits, but also because he is a great contrast to his father, is arguably the only 2nd generation character that isn't defined by a single gimmick, thus showing variety in his supports, and is pretty rockin' unit (Spear Masters are among the best classes in Fates after all). In all, Shiro is my favorite child unit in Fates, as well as my 5th favorite Fates character overall.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nah it'll bundle with an amiibo for a character being added in the updated port.
I'm going to predict that there's no bundle but that an entire Amiibo wave is being launched alongside it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Saw this GIF on NeoGAF. I like being reminded that this is a thing.

It's like you can use the glider as a makeshift hot air balloon anywhere you can cause a burst of fire. I've known since E3 and it's still impressive.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I hate that Red doesn't become a party member in Dragon Quest 8 until after a certain boss, cause she'd be too easy a fight with characters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Saw this GIF on NeoGAF. I like being reminded that this is a thing.

It's like you can use the glider as a makeshift hot air balloon anywhere you can cause a burst of fire. I've known since E3 and it's still impressive.
I wonder if that'll be used for speedruns? Seems like it has the potential to do so.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
There was a LEGO MMO years ago (LEGO Universe) but this is something different set for release next month for the other consoles.
Ah, LEGO Universe... killed before your time.

I'll pick this up at launch if only to see if any of my old raid buddies from LU are still playing LEGO games. Maybe I'll recreate the hubworld or something.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendo Life put up a guide about micro SD cards and the high end ones with 256GB cost $150! I'm not paying nearly the price of a n3DS for something that I could sneeze at and lose for all eternity. So what do you think? Smaller one or wait until technology's march makes them the low end ones.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not usually the completionist type when it comes to figure collecting. Disney Infinity and amiibo? Just the ones that I really like.

But these.

I need all of these, dammit.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My character in my video game series is the secondary antagonist, the "dude?" In distress and a trap. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Same.

Giving us a snippet and telling us the Bravely team is making it.

It isn't enough

actually saying it's the bravely team is enough for me but shhhhh
:061:
I think that beautiful picture was enough for me, Like, I love that Art Style
Nintendo Life put up a guide about micro SD cards and the high end ones with 256GB cost $150! I'm not paying nearly the price of a n3DS for something that I could sneeze at and lose for all eternity. So what do you think? Smaller one or wait until technology's march makes them the low end ones.
Still doesn't say if we can use SDHCs...
come on... All Iv seen was SDXC. I'm not looking forward to buying expensive SD cards

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
My Twitter finally hit it big (but it's not big enough though). Now I have an excuse to do daily community activities like #ManlyMonday and #SenranSaturday instead of the generic "Like = Answer" games.

I really like to see where this goes in the future and I can be recognized by other fans.

Meanwhile, a certain someone is hating on Wally because he's not "manly" enough for him. :laugh:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sooooooooooooooooo why is the coverage on the Switch's touch screen pretty much non-existent?
Strange they didn't show much of it, but I figured it was there. From what I had to guess, most games will have its functionality be more or less non-existent as the news surrounding it.

I wonder if DS can get on the VC this way.

I tweeted about this a while ago.

I'd just like to remind people this game was released in 2012.
A Vita port was just made

And now they are making a mobile game (not a port)
ALL OF THIS while also starting on Indivisible.

And they patch a 2012 game now
Lab Zero games is godlike.

B.O is so bad at touneys that they have to have Video game characters tell you to ****ing put on Deodorant
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...n-favorite-fighting-game-characters/#comments
bahahhahaha
:061:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sooooooooooooooooo why is the coverage on the Switch's touch screen pretty much non-existent?
Probably because if people had known it had a touch screen when it was first announced they'd probably have thrown a fit.

I wouldn't think there'd be any harm covering it now, though, I'm just guessing they don't have enough games that use it yet.

Old rumors made me start picturing Joy-Cons as a substitute in console mode, but that's just my imagination running wild. If the also rumored Stars did end up a thing then I'd guess it'd work like that, though, since Refresh would also have to be ported and would be even more immersive with motion controls replicating the touch controls on a big screen.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
B.O is so bad at touneys that they have to have Video game characters tell you to ****ing put on Deodorant
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...n-favorite-fighting-game-characters/#comments
I've gone to two midnight releases before. . .

The Pokemon Sun and Moon one smelled just fine.

The Smash 3DS one smelled like a cross between three day old armpits and something else not fit to be mentioned here to the point that I could hardly breathe.

So yeah, I completely believe this. And I don't think deoderant alone is going to help them.

Some Smash players have a problem.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Nerds in general just have an issue with BO. I had someone ask me if they should take a shower prior to a date.

Like, yeah you should. But, I think it's an issue of people just not knowing how to socialize with others.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I've gone to two midnight releases before. . .

The Pokemon Sun and Moon one smelled just fine.

The Smash 3DS one smelled like a cross between three day old armpits and something else not fit to be mentioned here to the point that I could hardly breathe.

So yeah, I completely believe this. And I don't think deoderant alone is going to help them.

Some Smash players have a problem.
there was this one chick at my college that smelt like straight up sweat. She was also a Smash player.I couldn't take it so I had to leave the game room

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom